View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I can see things got serious last night.

Today is another day!

Good Morning CB People!
    CDM76, Bugmapper, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    04-23-13 03:14 AM

Today is another day!

Good Morning CB People!
    You say Good Morning and I say good night. Off to bed I go.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    04-23-13 03:24 AM
    Good morning folks. Looking forward to AAPL's ER this afternoon. I'm pretty sure that they are going to blame overall economic concerns and thus reduced demand for cell phones and laptops as their number one reason for lackluster performance. It may have a negative impact on all tech stocks. They may even announce a buyback scheme or dividend hike to help prevent any further erosion of their SP.
    04-23-13 04:58 AM

Today is another day!

Good Morning CB People!
    Good morning!

Still trying to catch up yesterday's posts. Regarding serious debates, it's common in my job. If you put a bunch of leaders in a room and ask for their opinions, you usually cannot get agreement on a single thing. But I see that as a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-23-13 05:06 AM
    There is no doubt whatsoever now that the global economy is in the sh!tter and with the recent collapse of gold I really believe we can expect a correction to come in the stock market, perhaps by June-July. However, I believe that a stock like BBRY may actually do better than most.
    04-23-13 05:07 AM
    Good morning!

Still trying to catch up yesterday's posts. Regarding serious debates, it's common in my job. If you put a bunch of leaders in a room and ask for their opinions, you usually cannot get agreement on a single thing. But I see that as a good thing.

Posted via CB10

Yes, I sometimes liken it to the set of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
    04-23-13 05:09 AM
    Wow, a lot of bad economic data out there today. I expect markets to be down today for sure. Good day to go shopping with the wife...lol
    04-23-13 06:23 AM
    There is no doubt whatsoever now that the global economy is in the sh!tter and with the recent collapse of gold I really believe we can expect a correction to come in the stock market, perhaps by June-July. However, I believe that a stock like BBRY may actually do better than most.
    When the market "adjusts" and it will, I also hope it does not hurt BBRY too much but nothing will escape.

But back to today we are in the green at $14.18 in premarket!
    04-23-13 06:24 AM
    When the market "adjusts" and it will, I also hope it does not hurt BBRY too much but nothing will escape.

But back to today we are in the green at $14.18 in premarket!

Lol...BBRY never fails to be the contrarian...lol
    Bugmapper and lcjr like this.
    04-23-13 06:44 AM
    Yes, I sometimes liken it to the set of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
    Wondering who plays . . . . .

04-23-13 06:49 AM
    We'll have to ask all the women on the thread to show up to the $100 party in a nurse's uniform for casting! *evil grin*

Hmmmm.... who is the thread disciplinarian?
    04-23-13 06:59 AM
    LOL...I don't know but I'm the quiet Indian guy.

Nah, maybe Charlie Cheswick is more appropriate. hahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...gT1xYyYEg#t=3s
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-23-13 07:06 AM
    Hey, so far, hats off to Heins for getting us back to normal trading!!! Here is where we stand today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-23-2013-chart.jpg

We now have broken out of a 5-week downtrend line, we are above the 5-dma and we are targeting the 50-dma to start off a major rally. The stock has a range of the 50-dma ( $ 14.30/shr) and the downside is limited to $ 13.85/shr. Things are shaping up here for a rally to $ 16.00/shr this time around. There is major resistance at $ 16.00/shr so let's get there first.

The news hasn't been bad lately, most of it is good now but not the kind of news that moves a stock. In order to start some major swings you need some data from the company that shows us sales of BB 10 are great. Until they say something concrete or announce a deal, we have to make do with some TA trading ranges. So let's get to the 50-dma and see what happens. GL
    04-23-13 08:09 AM
    04-23-13 08:18 AM
    Hey, so far, hats off to Heins for getting us back to normal trading!!! Here is where we stand today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM April 23 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	649 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	154214

We now have broken out of a 5-week downtrend line, we are above the 5-dma and we are targeting the 50-dma to start off a major rally. The stock has a range of the 50-dma ( $ 14.30/shr) and the downside is limited to $ 13.85/shr. Things are shaping up here for a rally to $ 16.00/shr this time around. There is major resistance at $ 16.00/shr so let's get there first.

The news hasn't been bad lately, most of it is good now but not the kind of news that moves a stock. In order to start some major swings you need some data from the company that shows us sales of BB 10 are great. Until they say something concrete or announce a deal, we have to make do with some TA trading ranges. So let's get to the 50-dma and see what happens. GL
    BBRY needs to pull analysts beating numbers (ie pull a Netflix type ER) for the stock price to achieve a new plateau.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:28 AM
    And we're off. I hope the move upward stays steady over the next little while.
    bungaboy, lcjr and Charles Martin1 like this.
    04-23-13 08:31 AM
    I agree 100%. Just look at catapillar they missed analyst expectations! U consider cat a leading indicator of the global economy.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:35 AM
    morganplus8, why would would say $13.85 is the downside, and not $13.50 or even $13.10 ( which we saw friday )?
    04-23-13 08:37 AM
    Good morning all! Wow, yesterday was quite a busy day for me and I see there's no chance in catching up on all the posts I missed. Got my morning coffee and plugged in with you guys. I hope we continue to maintain the 14+ and slowly climb up. Hey, one day closer to the Q10 launch!!
    04-23-13 08:53 AM
    morganplus8, why would would say $13.85 is the downside, and not $13.50 or even $13.10 ( which we saw friday )?
    My guess is the 100 dma.
    04-23-13 09:06 AM
    I will be content with another 1% day. Slow and steady growth works for me.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-23-13 09:14 AM
    Stocks trade on no news in a very technical way, they are either bullish or bearish. BlackBerry formed a Key-Reversal on Friday when it hit a very bearish multi week low first thing in the morning, followed by a strong rally to multiple afternoon highs during the day and a close at the high and very close to overhead resistance. Then, on Monday, the stock confirmed the rally was real by closing above the 5-dma. The 5-dma for BlackBerry tells you whether the stock is trying to rally or not. The resistant levels when a stock is bearish are far different than when a stock is bullish. When a stock turns bullish as BBRY is doing, you expect to buy the stock when it drops back to support, this is the case with BBRY when it drops back to its 5-dma. The reverse is true when a stock is below its 5-dma, you would short it or sell stock as it approaches its 5-dma.

Here is the chart today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-23a-2013-chart.jpg

We are nicely above the 5-dma, we haven't even tried to test it for support, this means we are far more likely to see the 50-dma sometime today versus the 5-dma. The stock is always trying to feel its way to resistance like a magnet and the 50-dma is the next stop for a stock that is trying to rally. The 5 week green downtrend line is also support now so even if the 5-dma failed during the day, you would look for the stock to bounce off that green line and hold onto it.

We are going to move very slowly, its boring but the trend is up here. The volume is light and at some point, the stock will rally toward new highs. That's the next thing you look for is higher lows and higher highs each day. We need news to clear the 50-dma and turn really bullish here. And so the stock is comfortable trading positively here, it needs something to drive it higher though. Those old lows that you mention no longer mean anything as long as we are above the 5-dma. Our major support line is at $ 13.50/shr right now and if the stock gets below its 5-dma, you can bet we are going down to test that line!

TA tells you what the traders are doing with their money while we wait for news, since Heins stepped in and reduced the bad news on BBRY re:bashing, the stock has been trading with the TA trend, 100%. That's all we have to go on while we wait now. It is nice to see the stock sitting above its 5-dma which is now rising, we are on a collision course with the 50-dma and a break above that number starts a major rally. Apple news tonight might have some affect on BBRY tomorrow. The launch of Q10 might help but some sales numbers or production numbers on Z10 would be necessary to take us to another new level here.
    04-23-13 09:19 AM
    Nothing ground breaking news wise but nice to hear non the less....

BlackBerry named Canada's top ICT company, followed by the Big 3 carriers | MobileSyrup.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-23-13 09:23 AM
    Lol...BBRY never fails to be the contrarian...lol
    I'm hoping TSLA falls into that catagory as well. Holy cow they're doing good there. Went from $37.74 in Feb to today's $51.50
    04-23-13 09:24 AM
    How big a correction are you thinking? There's much on-line about this as well.
    04-23-13 09:33 AM
113,251 ... 734735736737738 ...