View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    can you add one of those giant green up arrows at the end of the chart please? jk

Globe says even RIM starting to look good next to Apple
    2013-04-22 08:58 ET - In the News

The Globe and Mail reports in its Monday edition the tech industry's once-unstoppable behemoth is suddenly facing an unfamiliar sentiment: pessimism. The Globe's Omar El Akkad writes Apple announces its second fiscal quarter earnings on Tuesday. Analysts expect an 8-per-cent increase in quarterly revenue, to more than $42-billion, and a 17-per-cent decrease in profit (all figures U.S.). The company has suffered a rough winter. Last September, the company's shares hit a high of $700. But since that time, the company's share price has been in a tailspin, as investors began losing faith in Apple's growth prospects. Last week, its shares ended trading at about $390, the first time shares have dropped below the $400 mark since December, 2011. Apple has also uncharacteristically spent much of the year watching as rivals dominated the marketing spotlight in the mobile industry. The company will make its quarterly earnings announcement just as consumers anticipate the launch of Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 and Research in Motion's Q10, which will likely become the best-selling physical-keyboard phone on the market. In addition, Facebook is now stepping into the industry, joining HTC to build Android phones.

We are having a nice day on light volume and no sign of the media bashers or shorts. Every since Heins put his foot down we have been trading normally. Here is a 5-year chart showing the sell-off and how little progress we have made so far. There is plenty of room for a major rally here. This is just the very beginning of a major run in 2013.

Attachment 153917

Our first big test is the 50-dma, from there it is smooth sailing until we hit $ 16.00/shr. GL
    04-22-13 01:38 PM
    Shhhhhhh. Don't tell people about balance sheets. Survival only depends on how cool the HTC one is. It can not burn cash if it is cool...

Posted via CB10
    Dunno why everyone needs to go all fanboy on new devices. It only promotes good competition. I personally love the HTC One, just picked it up and replaced my Nexus 4. I'm one that still thinks android is putting the bars for RIM to climb whereas it used to be the other way around. Who cares about HTC's financials. All I see is hey BB still has some work to do because all these other devices kick some serious *** and although I am a shareholder and love the company, it still has work to do. BB wins on some areas but in terms of being the number one device it isn't there and won't be unless BB is taking notes on what consumers like to see.
    MoolahMitch and Compaqee like this.
    04-22-13 01:47 PM
    we were actually just commenting on how there was no coverage of the 'lack of lineups' and no 'HTC One launch is a flop' and the possible reasons for that. Nothing to do with being a fanboy, just pointing out some media bias is all.

Dunno why everyone needs to go all fanboy on new devices. It only promotes good competition. I personally love the HTC One, just picked it up and replaced my Nexus 4. I'm one that still thinks android is putting the bars for RIM to climb whereas it used to be the other way around. Who cares about HTC's financials. All I see is hey BB still has some work to do because all these other devices kick some serious *** and although I am a shareholder and love the company, it still has work to do. BB wins on some areas but in terms of being the number one device it isn't there and won't be unless BB is taking notes on what consumers like to see.
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    04-22-13 01:50 PM
    we were actually just commenting on how there was no coverage of the 'lack of lineups' and no 'HTC One launch is a flop' and the possible reasons for that. Nothing to do with being a fanboy, just pointing out some media bias is all.
    But do we really need to rinse and repeat the same **** every week. BB was in a huge comeback mode of course there is going to be way more media coverage and way more bias as a result. This isn't news to anyone so why do we insist on talking about it every week. I wish this thread was more focused on going forward instead of reflecting on the past. Fact of the matter is people care more about BB because they were once on the top of the world. Look at Apple now, they have the more coverage then they ever had and its pretty damn negative. They are taking the spotlight now.
    OMGitworks and YangFui like this.
    04-22-13 01:54 PM
    I have to say I agree with you, the HTC One is probably the best Android phone out there and Android the current best OS. BBRY still has room to grow and that's one of the reasons I have invested in the company. BlackBerry 10 is a great start and as long as the implement at the right pace, they should be rewarded and us in turn.

From my experience with BlackBerry 10 I would think they are taking cues from everyone, iOS, Android, Winodws Phone, Meego et al
    take99 likes this.
    04-22-13 01:56 PM
    Hy guys, yet another busy day But still reading, welcome to the newbies and thanks for all the inputs !
    Look like we're going to break $14 back today. Oh, in fact we just did !
    Cruise control on; just relax now
    bungaboy, CDM76 and q649 like this.
    04-22-13 01:56 PM
    BBRY was a huge player and pioneer in the North American market in comparison to HTC and also is more of a turnaround story. There was also a huge gap between the last BBRY product but not that much gap with the last HTC products.
    04-22-13 02:01 PM
    Dunno why everyone needs to go all fanboy on new devices. It only promotes good competition. I personally love the HTC One, just picked it up and replaced my Nexus 4. I'm one that still thinks android is putting the bars for RIM to climb whereas it used to be the other way around. Who cares about HTC's financials...
    Thread topic infers us

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:03 PM
    Anyone want a good laugh? Read the comments on this article. Bloody priceless Fanboi-ism to the ultimate max. No real bashing, just utter ridiculousness.

BlackBerry Scores With This Huge Corporate Order | Wall St. Cheat Sheet
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-22-13 02:13 PM
    Nice push into the closing. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:14 PM
    Thread topic infers us

Posted via CB10
    There is a difference between being a rational level headed investor and a whiny irrational baby. You fall in the latter.

One can invest in BlackBerry and be unbiased in analysis and one can be invested in BlackBerry and full of bias. You fall in the latter.

One can see media coverage as targeting BlackBerry and trying to tear it apart, other may see it as a signal BlackBerry still has a lot to do to get back to the good days. You fall in the prior.

One can post on a BlackBerry forum and be informed on all competition and see it as growth opportunities for BlackBerry, other do not look at competition but just find stupid things to point out about it instead of looking at the big picture. You fall in the latter.

The fact your avatar is a little boy pissing on Apple & Android I don't even need to explain anymore how you are a fanboy vs a rational and realistic investor.
    04-22-13 02:15 PM
    Are their firm announced dates for release of the Q10 in Canada and the US? Thanks.
    04-22-13 02:23 PM
    I thought HTC were meant to be on their last legs too. Making a loss every year etc?

Posted via CB10
    Didnt they miss last guidance by something ridiculous like 90+%
    04-22-13 02:28 PM
    Great news again people

In recent weeks, we’ve highlighted several organizations that are working to incorporate the BlackBerry 10 platform into their mobile strategy, such as Air Canada and Ricoh. We’ve been pleased with the positive feedback from these organizations, along with the strong early customer reviews for both BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.

Today, we’d like to share how McCain Foods Ltd. is building on their long-term partnership with BlackBerry with BlackBerry 10. Headquartered in Toronto, McCain Foods sells food products in more than 160 countries around the globe. The company has incorporated BlackBerry devices in all of its markets.

We chatted recently with Mark Kirby, the Vice President of Global Technology Services at McCain Foods Ltd. to get his first impressions of the BlackBerry 10 platform. He discussed his ideas for incorporating BlackBerry Balance and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 into McCain’s mobile strategy, as well as how BlackBerry 10 will help address employee demands.

“Employees are…demanding the ability to be unchained from their traditional desktop or laptop environment. BlackBerry 10 is going to enhance that experience.”

-Mark Kirby, Vice President of Global Technology Services, McCain Foods
    04-22-13 02:30 PM
    Great news again people

In recent weeks, we’ve highlighted several organizations that are working to incorporate the BlackBerry 10 platform into their mobile strategy, such as Air Canada and Ricoh. We’ve been pleased with the positive feedback from these organizations, along with the strong early customer reviews for both BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.

Today, we’d like to share how McCain Foods Ltd. is building on their long-term partnership with BlackBerry with BlackBerry 10. Headquartered in Toronto, McCain Foods sells food products in more than 160 countries around the globe. The company has incorporated BlackBerry devices in all of its markets.

We chatted recently with Mark Kirby, the Vice President of Global Technology Services at McCain Foods Ltd. to get his first impressions of the BlackBerry 10 platform. He discussed his ideas for incorporating BlackBerry Balance and BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 into McCain’s mobile strategy, as well as how BlackBerry 10 will help address employee demands.

“Employees are…demanding the ability to be unchained from their traditional desktop or laptop environment. BlackBerry 10 is going to enhance that experience.”

-Mark Kirby, Vice President of Global Technology Services, McCain Foods
    hahaha..... I just read that. Odd that it's from the 8th and this is the first I've heard of it. Guess I should be reading the BB Blog more often.
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    04-22-13 02:32 PM
    Any news about sales in the consumer market?
    04-22-13 02:38 PM
    Ok, I can see your point with that, but I always thought the US media loves the underdog and a comeback story? I personally think there is a bias (I mean just watch CNBC) and the reason for that is because so many people lost a lot of coin on RIM when the stock tanked. Even up here in Canada eh the media for the most part loves to take jabs at BBRY even in good news articles as I have posted previously.

BBRY was a huge player and pioneer in the North American market in comparison to HTC and also is more of a turnaround story. There was also a huge gap between the last BBRY product but not that much gap with the last HTC products.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-22-13 02:42 PM
    A fight to keep the $14 at the end. I wonder if we'll be able to hold on and above.
    04-22-13 02:49 PM
    Great to be reading the headlines today and the majority of them being positive. Thanks Morgan for the chart, although its hard for me to interpret... I did read about TA a few months ago and it was way over my head! So I chose the buy and hold root.

WIND to release the BlackBerry Q10, goes live with pre-registration page | MobileSyrup.com

A big question for the Q10 is the price. Apparently it will cost around $700 outright, but those are not hard numbers. We will see though, and to be fair, it is technology. People go gaga for this stuff even if it may seem a bit overpriced (remember when Blu-Ray players came out!).

BlackBerry: Jefferies Sees Blow-Out FYQ1, Rebuts Report of Z10 Returns - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

May quarter (fiscal Q1) results could blow away expectations, at perhaps $4.1 billion in revenue and 50 cents in EPS, he thinks versus consensus of $3.35 billion and 3 cents per share, based on rising production of both handsets: “The build plans have steadily been increased since February.”

On another note, I think BB responded well to the false accusations. Many of us were wanting TH and co. to go straight to the throat and sue these trolls, however, they have done a good job leaving it to their professional legal team. BB is going to be very busy this upcoming month and needs to focus on a successful Q10 launch as well as continuing to strengthen their marketing.
    04-22-13 02:55 PM
    why not, it's been a slow news day for BBRY so we need to fill our quota of pages with something lol

But do we really need to rinse and repeat the same **** every week. BB was in a huge comeback mode of course there is going to be way more media coverage and way more bias as a result. This isn't news to anyone so why do we insist on talking about it every week. I wish this thread was more focused on going forward instead of reflecting on the past. Fact of the matter is people care more about BB because they were once on the top of the world. Look at Apple now, they have the more coverage then they ever had and its pretty damn negative. They are taking the spotlight now.
    04-22-13 02:57 PM
    A fight to keep the $14 at the end. I wonder if we'll be able to hold on and above.
    I feel good about BBRY as it used to dive into the toilet the last half hour and now it holds it's own!

I am in for a while! (Unless it hit my stop!)
    04-22-13 02:58 PM
    I feel good about BBRY as it used to dive into the toilet the last half hour and now it holds it's own!

I am in for a while! (Unless it hit my stop!)
    Ya it is refreshing to see it hold it's gains. Another 1% day is a ok by me. Just gotta keep it instead of building up then losing it all and then some.
    04-22-13 03:01 PM
    Ok, I can see your point with that, but I always thought the US media loves the underdog and a comeback story? I personally think there is a bias (I mean just watch CNBC) and the reason for that is because so many people lost a lot of coin on RIM when the stock tanked. Even up here in Canada eh the media for the most part loves to take jabs at BBRY even in good news articles as I have posted previously.
    I don't think there is a bias. Some of the the CNBC crew doesn't like BBRY, some do. Some analysts do, some don't. Apple is now taking a beating and they are on them too. Just learn to separate opinion from fact when they "report." Buying and selling stock is a 2 way street. It takes 2 to trade every single share so as much as we want to think we are right, there are (at least) an equal number of folks who think BBRY is a fail. I want BBRY to succeed but that doesn't blind me to their epic fall over the last few years and the legitimate (in my mind) criticism that is out there about the timing, advertising, product mix and other decisions they made in trying to get BBRY back in track.

What bothers me most is that "bias" is only seen by many here when it is anti-BBRY but viewed as fact when it is pro-BBRY. It cuts both ways....
    Zouyu likes this.
    04-22-13 03:01 PM
    totally agree with this (the part about it cuts both ways) and I always look both ways before and while crossing the street or investing my $$ in a stock. I also never said it wasn't a good thing either, I think that the BBRY products and services will sell themselves in the long run and so all the negative media is attracting the 'shorts' which means more buying opportunities for a lot of people right now, and the chance for a squeeze.

Don't agree that there isn't an overall media bias against BBRY, but that of course is just IMHO and we can agree to disagree.

I don't think there is a bias. Some of the the CNBC crew doesn't like BBRY, some do. Some analysts do, some don't. Apple is now taking a beating and they are on them too. Just learn to separate opinion from fact when they "report." Buying and selling stock is a 2 way street. It takes 2 to trade every single share so as much as we want to think we are right, there are (at least) an equal number of folks who think BBRY is a fail. I want BBRY to succeed but that doesn't blind me to their epic fall over the last few years and the legitimate (in my mind) criticism that is out there about the timing, advertising, product mix and other decisions they made in trying to get BBRY back in track.

What bothers me most is that "bias" is only seen by many here when it is anti-BBRY but viewed as fact when it is pro-BBRY. It cuts both ways....
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-22-13 03:20 PM
    Nflx blowing up again. Unfortunately I switched some I had into bbry a few weeks ago. Oh well, I hope bbry does the same soon.
    04-22-13 03:21 PM
113,256 ... 731732733734735 ...