Early March = 2 million
    Early April = 2 Million

Total = 6 million
    quite possible...
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-21-13 01:11 PM

Q1 should go out with a BANG
    04-21-13 01:49 PM
    The trouble with Q1 is the same problem with Q4; we'll only have a couple of weeks of sales for the new phone (Q10 in this case).

There'll still be lots of room for the short - dogs to poke holes in the results. Just look at what happened after the last earnings...we even went into into black and demonstrated much higher gross margins than anybody expected.
    That's definitely a factor, but I think the Q10 will out perform the Z10 and we are in for a nice ride in the summer time. However, if you checkout the short interest it has been "drying" up as of late:

3/28/2013 155,699,090
    3/15/2013 155,005,574
    2/28/2013 147,214,984
    2/15/2013 136,511,698
    1/31/2013 129,491,496
    1/15/2013 135,121,295

It appears there aren't many other shares out there to short.
    Shanerredflag and fedakd like this.
    04-21-13 01:58 PM
    That's definitely a factor, but I think the Q10 will out perform the Z10 and we are in for a nice ride in the summer time. However, if you checkout the short interest it has been "drying" up as of late:

3/28/2013 155,699,090
    3/15/2013 155,005,574
    2/28/2013 147,214,984
    2/15/2013 136,511,698
    1/31/2013 129,491,496
    1/15/2013 135,121,295

It appears there aren't many other shares out there to short.

I'd just like to hear something from BlackBerry, this week, confirming high Q10 pre-orders.
    04-21-13 02:09 PM
    I'd just like to hear something from BlackBerry, this week, confirming high Q10 pre-orders.
    I wholeheartedly agree. One thing that is going to happen is current Z10 owners will also be buying the Q10 (I'm an example of this and there are dozens of individuals on this forum that have said the same thing). This should give us a little initial boost too.
    04-21-13 02:14 PM

Good review
    OK, good review overall but the reviewer clearly doesn't fully understand how the phone works--getting key terminology wrong in parts. For example, he states that one of the first things he noticed is that there is no "back button". He then explains that to go back you have to swipe up and then scroll to the right/left. But the "up" gesture isn't meant to be a "back" button replacement. It's the way to view your running apps--and is more like a "home" button than a "back" button (it is also very much analogous to the Alt-Tab function in Microsoft Windows). The actual "back" functionality depends on what app you're running. If you're in the browser, for instance, there is a left-facing caret (the "back" icon) at the bottom of the screen next to the URL text box that lets you easily go back to a previous web page. You can also use the browser's "reader" view to read through web sites like a book (it also offers a "back" icon).

As far as apps go, this is one area where people are just incredibly misinformed, and that admittedly grinds my gears. Ask the average user what the difference between a native app and a web site is and most people (even many self-proclaimed "techies") won't be able to say other than that they're launched differently. Because the Z10 browser supports flash, all you need to do is browse to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and there's your FREE speed test! Why on earth would you need an app specifically for that? (I understand it would be a "nice to have" but why cite that as something that's "missing" from the Z10 in a review?) The reviewer also stated something like "Android apps running on BB10 is 'cheating'". If he really feels that way than I suppose he also feels that calling a landline from a cell phone is "cheating" since it could be reasoned that cell phones should technically talk only to other cell phones and landlines should technically talk only to other landlines...

While a native app will, in general, run more smoothly (that is, it will communicate more directly with the phone's hardware rather than having first to go through a software-translation layer), it certainly is acceptable to have certain Android apps running on BB10 if only as a stop-gap measure.

Let's not get too carried away here and just embrace any Joe who has something positive to say about the wonderful line of new BBRY products being unveiled. I feel that we should insist on technical and functional accuracy, too. Remember, a lot of people are counting on US (the Crackberry community) for information about BBRY products. Let's not disappoint passersby by simply championing blindly anyone who supports BBRY products or says something nice about the company--lest we earn a reputation for being blind followers. Let's insist on disseminating quality information in much the same vein with which we expect quality from the very company we all clearly admire and support. Only then will we be taken seriously and only then will new readers begin to appreciate that there is truly something special about Blackberry's comeback story.
    Last edited by YangFui; 04-21-13 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
    04-21-13 03:10 PM
    M8. It looks like the upper trend line is declining faster than the lower trend line. Does this signal anything meaningful?

Posted via CB10
    Hi Sparkaction!

Yes, the short-term chart is non-linear as you head up the X-axis so I thought I would redo the chart with a perfect scale for you:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-21a-2013-chart.jpg

As you can see, the short-term chart, on a daily basis, now matches that of the long term weekly chart pattern. We end up with a balanced slope and the lines still predict the same thing. We look to be ready to breakout of this 5 week consolidation this week with a 10% - 15% rally from here. I used the exact same lines to test the theory and it works well. And so there is nothing to worry about as far as the slope of the downtrend line is concerned. Thanks!

Hey aulexis!

All I can say is welcome to this thread! I'm glad to hear that you are learning something new from this thread sir. Everyone works hard to provide the latest information on BlackBerry as it pertains to company and I'm doing my part to give us a better chance at becoming prepared for future moves in the stock. Please to come back often and tell us what you are doing with your BlackBerry stock!
    04-21-13 03:22 PM
    I'm starting to see more and more Z10's out in the wild. I was out to see a band last night and my buddy's sister and her husband both had one and the girl I brought home did too. Then, this morning while in line a Timmies, I saw an older guy using one while sitting and reading the paper. I like what is happening

Posted via CB10
    CJ, good catch. What were you using for bait? LoL
    04-21-13 04:03 PM
    CJ, good catch. What were you using for bait? LoL
    Well I like to fish deep but that's for another thread.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:10 PM
    Just saw this vid posted on another thread here. It's not a review site nor is it from any sort of credible source, but what it is, is a young person loving BlackBerry. The video is a testament that the Z10 is breaking into the younger, "hipper" crowd. This bodes well for the future of BlackBerry.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_ejvQ...3Dyoutu.be%26a

Posted via CB10

The link I had may not work for some so here's another try.

Last edited by cjcampbell; 04-21-13 at 04:25 PM.
    04-21-13 04:13 PM
    Hi all. Man am I glad to have found this board and thread! This is the only place I've came across that has intelligent and (mostly) objective discussions on this stock. I was losing so much faith in humanity from reading the yahoo BBRY msg boards the last few months.

When I found this thread, I read about 100 pages back to catch up. Great info here and I am looking forward to riding this rollercoaster to riches with you guys. I am long on this, I don't plan on selling this until a year or two later. I've held BB.TO (hey, check out my user name!) since June of last year and bought some more along the way too... averaging at around $15, not ideal at this point but I am very comfortable.

I remember when I was down 30%+ late last year and the company was in even shakier grounds due to delays and even more uncertainties. I'd encourage others to remember that as well and stay calm during these daily swings; the worst is (hopefully) behind us. The way I see it is the way many others see it: There is definitely still risk of further downside, but the potential for an upside is so much greater that it is worth the risk. For me, this is a risk stock and I am willing to stomach a 50% loss (and I almost did) for possible 100%+ gain. So unless it falls below the 50% threshold and/or the company proves to be dead in the water with little chance of recovery, I will still be in this.

Looking forward to fighting the good fight with you guys =)
    04-21-13 04:14 PM
    Welcome to CB BBdotTO. Looking forward to reading your contributions to this thread.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:22 PM
    I, like most here, expect a rally these next few weeks. Now, we all know what happened the last few rallies, they were followed by major busts. So now begs the question, if the stock does rally up to $17 in the next couple weeks, will there be another dip? I've been in this situation twice before, where I have been tempted to sell off but I ended up staying put. I do regret not doing so obviously, however I did buy more at the dip to lower my average (but now i am out of cash). Hmm, I will have to carefully evaluate the news and the next few weeks to see what happens. I don't know about the rest of you, but the hype and response to the Q10 has seemed much more favorable than the Z10 (which has been a surprise success in its own right). This has me thinking we might not sense a strong dip like we did last time if indeed there were to be a rally.
    04-21-13 04:36 PM
    Welcome aboard BBdotTO. Did you remember to vote in the poll?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-21-13 04:39 PM
    Well I like to fish deep but that's for another thread.

Posted via CB10
    "Hey nice Z10! Mine is black and strong, wanna NFC?"

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:23 PM
    Now I'm looking forward to young guns Q10 review (CJ's video^^^)...should be epic.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-21-13 05:24 PM
    "Hey nice Z10! Mine is black and strong, wanna NFC?"

Posted via CB10
    And hers was white and slippery to the touch...

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:27 PM
    [QUOTE=BBdotTO;8355275] So unless it falls below the 50% threshold and/or the company proves to be dead in the water with little chance of recovery, QUOTE]

Not going to happen...just the volume of trolling and negative threads being started on CB is proof this thing is gaining in popularity...

Welcome to the thread...don't forget there will be a 100.00 party
    04-21-13 05:29 PM
    I, like most here, expect a rally these next few weeks. Now, we all know what happened the last few rallies, they were followed by major busts. So now begs the question, if the stock does rally up to $17 in the next couple weeks, will there be another dip? I've been in this situation twice before, where I have been tempted to sell off but I ended up staying put. I do regret not doing so obviously, however I did buy more at the dip to lower my average (but now i am out of cash). Hmm, I will have to carefully evaluate the news and the next few weeks to see what happens. I don't know about the rest of you, but the hype and response to the Q10 has seemed much more favorable than the Z10 (which has been a surprise success in its own right). This has me thinking we might not sense a strong dip like we did last time if indeed there were to be a rally.
    Same for me. I think we lost (repeated) opportunities to play the dips because we chickened out everytime. I am afraid if we sell this time on rally, we might miss 'short suqeeze'.
    04-21-13 05:41 PM
    Just saw this vid posted on another thread here. It's not a review site nor is it from any sort of credible source, but what it is, is a young person loving BlackBerry. The video is a testament that the Z10 is breaking into the younger, "hipper" crowd. This bodes well for the future of BlackBerry.

YouTube

Posted via CB10

The link I had may not work for some so here's another try.
    Man that was the funniest and best video I watched in years.EPIC I am still lmao.
    04-21-13 05:46 PM
    Man that was the funniest and best video I watched in years.EPIC I am still lmao.
    "I love... actually I want a sandwich". omfg! That was frigging hilarious!
    04-21-13 06:02 PM
    Same for me. I think we lost (repeated) opportunities to play the dips because we chickened out everytime. I am afraid if we sell this time on rally, we might miss 'short suqeeze'.
    And aren't those just the magic words lol. Which is why it's gonna be that much more difficult when the time comes to make a decision....or a mistake heaven forbid. But hey, I think it adds to the excitement!!

Welcome BBdotTO, please disregard any references to naked dancing you may have read in relation to our $100.00 blowout. These were just an attempt by those nasty Samsung saboteurs that you might have read about trying to tarnish our wholesome, squeaky clean image here at CB. Honest.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-21-13 06:25 PM
    It really depends on the circumstances and what you're thinking it may do. I've sat through a few plunges, sold off before a few, and I have to admit that while it was difficult to decide initially, I am feeling much more confident trading it now.

At this stage I believe that BBRY's volatility will only subside markedly after some really solid numbers come through, signs onto some big corporate contracts, and lands some OS licensing agreement(s).

I don't believe that we can expect that until this fall and so I expect I will trade it a couple more times yet.
    04-21-13 06:32 PM
    I was out to see a band last night and my buddy's sister and her husband both had one and the girl I brought home did too.
    Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah? I watched the Hobbit with my mother-in-law last night... stop being jealous.
    04-21-13 06:38 PM
    I wholeheartedly agree. One thing that is going to happen is current Z10 owners will also be buying the Q10 (I'm an example of this and there are dozens of individuals on this forum that have said the same thing). This should give us a little initial boost too.
    Yeah, my wife is getting one as well. I'm going to wait until the Christmas BBRY surprise comes along.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-21-13 06:43 PM
113,256 ... 726727728729730 ...