View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    M8. Could we get a close up of the green circle area of the TA chart? I think this level of detail may be useful for a lot of bbry investors. Thanks!

Posted via CB10

No problem! Here is the close-up chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-20b-2013-chart.jpg

The pattern does become clearer when you zoom into the last couple of months of trading. We are ready to breakout of this 5 week downtrend or consolidation period. The challenges are the 50-dma ( $ 14.38/shr) which should fall quickly and then the $ 16.00/shr area is next. It makes sense to rally to at least the $ 16.25/shr this time around. I must state again that Friday was scary as we stepped outside the well defined boundaries, but that was for only a matter of minutes and didn't mean anything other than a Key-Reversal happened as we closed at the highs of the day, after having made new lows for the past 5 weeks plus. This "reversal" tells us to buy any dip and ride it out from here.

Here is another way to look at the rally, we are looking at the Weekly high/low/close of the stock, as in one indicator line for one week's worth of trade, .... over 1 1/2 years. This is a slow moving chart and it helps us know what the computer driven trading is doing to the stock.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-20a-2013-chart.jpg

Here you can see a couple of patterns developing, one is that we top out and correct over 4 - 6 weeks and take only 1 -3 weeks to rally hard to the top. There is also a line of resistance around $ 17.00/shr that will take some good news to break out of. And so we can see that after 4 1/2 weeks and a drop of $ 3.00/shr, we are ready to rally for 2 - 3 weeks here. The RSI will cause us to slow down around the $ 17.50/shr mark which makes sense. With the slope of the consolidation, we took 6 weeks to bottom out (green sloping line on left), followed by 5 weeks to bottom out (green sloping line on right) and if we can't get above $ 16.25/shr this time around, we can expect another 4 week consolidation period before we see a rally again.

Monday is going to be a very interesting day with the strong finish on Friday. We are long overdue for a rally here. Anything closing above $ 16.25/shr this week, and we have a major breakout in the stock. GL
    04-20-13 01:48 PM
    Hey guys I'm just quickly checking in from Hong Kong and I must say I was surprised with their advertising here!!! A Lot of people advertising at LKF which is a tourist area ill try and get a pic up soon

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:59 PM
    I'm thinking that the next rally will be driven by an official report out on Q10 pre - order figures. I hope it comes next week.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-20-13 02:00 PM
    Hey guys I'm just quickly checking in from Hong Kong and I must say I was surprised with their advertising here!!! A Lot of people advertising at LKF which is a tourist area ill try and get a pic up soon

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I look forward to the pictures. All, if not too much to ask, can you ask them how sales are??

Posted via Z10
    04-20-13 02:14 PM
    M8. It looks like the upper trend line is declining faster than the lower trend line. Does this signal anything meaningful?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sparkaction; 04-20-13 at 02:28 PM.
    04-20-13 02:16 PM
    Forgot to mention that the girls are holding onto white z10 and are dressed in sexy angel costumes
    04-20-13 02:46 PM
    Forgot to mention that the girls are holding onto white z10 and are dressed in sexy angel costumes
    Would you be able to take some pictures of the advertisements in HK? I am very interested.

I know HK is a very important Asian market for them.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 04:02 PM

Good review
    04-20-13 06:15 PM
    [QUOTE=BBNation;8350667
    Good review[/QUOTE]

Wow! I'd say.
    04-20-13 06:38 PM

Good review
    W0W! That was excellent! Honest, straight forward and un-biased. We aren't used to such truthfulness.
    04-20-13 07:36 PM
    04-20-13 09:41 PM
    Anyone know when BBRY's Q2 results are supposed to come out?
    04-20-13 10:13 PM
    Anyone know when BBRY's Q2 results are supposed to come out?
    End of June, I believe.
    04-20-13 10:22 PM
    Nice vid! Thanks for sharing

Black Tie Z10
    04-20-13 10:53 PM
    I always thought Samsung was the one playing dirty rather than apple... nowadays anyway. As an Asian I know many such companies thinks nothing of pulling of stunts like that... from the moment I saw their advert I thought they were so uncouth I never supported them. Would rather buy apple. Was so annoyed at my sister when she got a mini Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:08 PM
    No problem! Here is the close-up chart:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM April 20B 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	1169 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	153192

The pattern does become clearer when you zoom into the last couple of months of trading. We are ready to breakout of this 5 week downtrend or consolidation period. The challenges are the 50-dma ( $ 14.38/shr) which should fall quickly and then the $ 16.00/shr area is next. It makes sense to rally to at least the $ 16.25/shr this time around. I must state again that Friday was scary as we stepped outside the well defined boundaries, but that was for only a matter of minutes and didn't mean anything other than a Key-Reversal happened as we closed at the highs of the day, after having made new lows for the past 5 weeks plus. This "reversal" tells us to buy any dip and ride it out from here.

Here is another way to look at the rally, we are looking at the Weekly high/low/close of the stock, as in one indicator line for one week's worth of trade, .... over 1 1/2 years. This is a slow moving chart and it helps us know what the computer driven trading is doing to the stock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM April 20A 2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	1171 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	153200

Here you can see a couple of patterns developing, one is that we top out and correct over 4 - 6 weeks and take only 1 -3 weeks to rally hard to the top. There is also a line of resistance around $ 17.00/shr that will take some good news to break out of. And so we can see that after 4 1/2 weeks and a drop of $ 3.00/shr, we are ready to rally for 2 - 3 weeks here. The RSI will cause us to slow down around the $ 17.50/shr mark which makes sense. With the slope of the consolidation, we took 6 weeks to bottom out (green sloping line on left), followed by 5 weeks to bottom out (green sloping line on right) and if we can't get above $ 16.25/shr this time around, we can expect another 4 week consolidation period before we see a rally again.

Monday is going to be a very interesting day with the strong finish on Friday. We are long overdue for a rally here. Anything closing above $ 16.25/shr this week, and we have a major breakout in the stock. GL
    Thank you so much Morganplus8, I've been reading ur posts the last couple of weeks and have learned alot abt TA. Thank you for ur guidance. If not for ur posts i would have lost thousands of $. I dont usually participate in forums discussion, but this time i puposely created an account just to thank you.
    Have a good health and increased wealth!
    God bless u man. Regards to ur wife too.

Pardon my english Sir.

Cheers!
    -Alex
    CDM76, new_me222, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    04-21-13 02:44 AM
    Interesting numbers thrown around here...hope they are accurate:

Z10 is BlackBerry comeback plan | Business Times

The BlackBerry Z10. Picture: REUTERS

REVIEW: BlackBerry Z10

BLACKBERRY's new operating system may be the catalyst that sparks a revival in the company's fortunes.

The cellphone maker, which changed its name from Research in Motion earlier this year, said earlier this month that it had shipped six million smartphones running the new BlackBerry 10 operating system. More remarkably, its next-generation Z10 touch-screen smartphone, which also runs the new operating system, has shipped a million units in a single month since its launch.

A glance at BlackBerry's parlous share price, sharply down 87% in the last five years, tells the tale of a company that has been badly outfoxed by rivals like Apple - despite the fact that it remains hugely popular in South Africa. However, the 17% gain in BlackBerry's share price in the last month tells a story of a company with a comeback plan. The Z10 is its main weapon in this plan.

CEO Thorsten Heins said that although he could not give exact numbers, roughly two-thirds to three-quarters of Z10 shipments have "already sold through" to consumers.

While this is minuscule compared with sales of the Apple iPhone 5, which sold more than five million units within three days of its September 21 launch last year, the BlackBerry Z10 has already sold out in some markets.

"The turnaround cycles for sell-in [to the stores] to sell-through [to the consumer] is pretty short, which is a pretty good signal - it actually shows that we are higher in demand than supply. That's why we have ramped up our production capabilities."

He added that recent data showed 55% of Z10 customers all over the world migrated from platforms other than BlackBerry.

It is not hard to see why.

For businesses - including about 95% of the JSE Top 300 companies which have the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) installed, according to BlackBerry MD for southern Africa Alexandra Zagury - there is no longer a need to pull out hair in frustration at employees copying and pasting information from enterprise e-mail services and applications.

The new BlackBerry Balance feature addresses this, basically transforming the device into two smartphones in one - one fully encrypted "work space" for enterprise services and one for personal use.

Personal and work apps and information are kept separate, but employees can switch from their personal space to their work space with a simple flick of the finger.

"Before, businesses had to make a compromise," said Nader Henein, who works in BlackBerry's security advisory division. "With Balance you don't have to."

Zagury said more than 25 local organisations are already running the BES 10. "A further 100 are currently trialling BlackBerry 10. These include Alexander Forbes, Bowman Gilfillan, Dimension Data, Edcon, Netcare and Tiger Brands."

A PDF reader and Docs To Go are preloaded on the smartphone, making it easy to view documents and work on Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents on the move.

Weighing a relatively light 136g, the device has a 4.2-inch touch-screen, and is 9mm thick, comfortably sliding into an inner suit pocket.

The iPhone 5, by contrast, weighs 112g.

The Z10 has an eight megapixel high-definition camera on the back, with a two megapixel HD camera on the front for the BlackBerry Messenger video chat function.

The operating system has been completely overhauled, ridding it of the annoying rotating clock on earlier devices. The new BlackBerry World storefront presents a threat to Apple's iTunes Store, as it offers thousands of applications, as well as music with a flat fee of R8.99 a track. Songs downloaded on iTunes range from R6.99 to R8.99.

Another competitor for Apple is the BlackBerry Newsstand, which currently only has a limited choice of magazines available to download and read on the Z10.

All content downloads in seconds, marking a change from the previous operating system, which would take minutes while rendering the device unusable because the rotating clock would make an appearance.

BlackBerry World's video download and rental section has gone live in three countries, featuring movies from six production studios and TV shows from 14 studios and broadcasters, depending on the region. Local availability will be announced later.

For social network addicts, the BlackBerry Hub feature offers e-mail, social accounts and text messages in one application, negating the need to open and close applications. There is also a "peek feature", allowing users to slide the display halfway and check out what is happening in the hub.

Verdict: The Z10 earns top marks for both business and consumer use. After considering ditching my Torch for an iPhone because of that annoying rotating clock, I have decided to stick with BlackBerry.

* This article was first published in Sunday Times: Business Times

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:10 AM
    6 Million? The Q4 earning call said close to 1 million. Is that an extra 5 million between then and now?
    04-21-13 11:15 AM
    6 Million? The Q4 earning call said close to 1 million. Is that an extra 5 million between then and now?
    I was wondering the same thing

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:16 AM
    I'm starting to see more and more Z10's out in the wild. I was out to see a band last night and my buddy's sister and her husband both had one and the girl I brought home did too. Then, this morning while in line a Timmies, I saw an older guy using one while sitting and reading the paper. I like what is happening

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:19 AM
    I would certainly hope so. Q4 ended March 2nd or so.
    04-21-13 12:03 PM
    agreed but the skytrain is pretty cool tho!
    Skytrain is fine if u live close enuf to not have to take 2 or 3 buss to get to it. They shoulda built a few more lines a decade ago. Same ol story. New line from Lougheed mall towards my place will take years as they have to tunnel huge under "snake hill" half way to coquitlam centre area at a cost of billions. By then it will cost @ 10 bucks to get downtown!!
    04-21-13 12:07 PM
    I'm starting to see more and more Z10's out in the wild. I was out to see a band last night and my buddy's sister and her husband both had one and the girl I brought home did too. Then, this morning while in line a Timmies, I saw an older guy using one while sitting and reading the paper. I like what is happening
    Takin home Z10 babes from the bar! Very cool dude!
    Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 12:28 PM
    I would certainly hope so. Q4 ended March 2nd or so.
    If that's true, then Q1 will be off the charts because there is still the Q10 to consider.

Maybe that's why the market jumped Friday in the late afternoon. The stock should pop tomorrow - We'll see.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-21-13 12:33 PM
    If that's true, then Q1 will be off the charts because there is still the Q10 to consider.

Maybe that's why the market jumped Friday in the late afternoon. The stock should pop tomorrow - We'll see.
    The trouble with Q1 is the same problem with Q4; we'll only have a couple of weeks of sales for the new phone (Q10 in this case).

There'll still be lots of room for the short - dogs to poke holes in the results. Just look at what happened after the last earnings...we even went into into black and demonstrated much higher gross margins than anybody expected.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 04-21-13 at 01:40 PM.
    04-21-13 01:04 PM
113,256 ... 725726727728729 ...