View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I would have to agree that Thor has so far let me down in terms of BB10 being a pioneer in the mobile computing space. Thor continues to bring it up but he has yet to demonstrate how bb10 will be a mobile computing platform.

Thor has also not demonstrated how he intends to replace the lost service revenue.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, there is huge potential that we can see but I agree with you that it seems like several years away. I really hope there are multiple teams working on all these projects simultaneously, not one at a time.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-18-13 06:37 PM
    Yes, there is huge potential that we can see but I agree with you that it seems like several years away. I really hope there are multiple teams working on all these projects simultaneously, not one at a time.
    I would be extremely disappointed in their management and corporate leadership if they were working on one device at a time. Lol I'm positive they are working on the next tablet like device that won't be released until next year sometime. I'm amazed at the level of secrecy at that place considering all the cool gadgets laying around. Ya think?
    04-18-13 06:43 PM
    They won't win with new handsets or a tablet. Ultimately, tablets and handsets will be very, very low margin businesses. Heck, even the OS may be a commodity...I think Alibaba or someone is China is paying telcos to use their OS. Yikes!

BBRY will not win the ecosystem war (Apple) or the low-cost structure war (Samsung). By this point, I was expecting line of sight into: 1) new services; 2) how other verticals (cars) would use BB10 and how BBRY would make good money from this.

Someone told me to tell sell my shares if I am unhappy (CJ Campell or something). Wow, I though, what a naive understanding of these things work. Is Southeastern management selling its stake in Dell? Nope, we team up with other irritated shareholders and wrestle control from management and their cronies on the Board. Prem and Mike might be willing to wait 5 years, but I will bet PrimeCap and some others are getting pretty frustrated.

Anyway, I think this thread is better for all of us shareholders if we can share our thoughts. Cheerleaders can put on their skirts and cheer...but that doesn't mean we can't have a serious conversation as well.
    LuckyJP and Acumenight like this.
    04-18-13 06:58 PM
    I guess I'm still old fashioned or unable to see what mobile computing really is. To me, mobile computing is taking care of work and play on the go, without the need for desktop/laptop or their software. I've heard about Google glasses but can't see myself ever affording a pair. What are some other examples of future mobile computing?

Edit: I still want and need another/better BlackBerry tablet.
    04-18-13 07:22 PM
    I'll wear a skirt if you think it'll help the SP
    bungaboy, lcjr, cjcampbell and 1 others like this.
    04-18-13 07:28 PM
    I think that's a fabulous idea! Be sure to post pics. Hahahahahahahq. Lol
    04-18-13 07:35 PM
    I used to wear a kilt. Does that count?
    lcjr likes this.
    04-18-13 07:38 PM
    I used to wear a kilt. Does that count?
    Nope it doesnt.
    04-18-13 07:39 PM
    They won't win with new handsets or a tablet. Ultimately, tablets and handsets will be very, very low margin businesses. Heck, even the OS may be a commodity...I think Alibaba or someone is China is paying telcos to use their OS. Yikes!

BBRY will not win the ecosystem war (Apple) or the low-cost structure war (Samsung). By this point, I was expecting line of sight into: 1) new services; 2) how other verticals (cars) would use BB10 and how BBRY would make good money from this.

Someone told me to tell sell my shares if I am unhappy (CJ Campell or something). Wow, I though, what a naive understanding of these things work. Is Southeastern management selling its stake in Dell? Nope, we team up with other irritated shareholders and wrestle control from management and their cronies on the Board. Prem and Mike might be willing to wait 5 years, but I will bet PrimeCap and some others are getting pretty frustrated.

Anyway, I think this thread is better for all of us shareholders if we can share our thoughts. Cheerleaders can put on their skirts and cheer...but that doesn't mean we can't have a serious conversation as well.
    My shares are in the green. In particular the ones I bought in August @ $7.00 CAD are still worth $13.80 CAD today and will be worth more in the long term.

Serious enough?
    lcjr likes this.
    04-18-13 07:42 PM
    Think of it this way...

The bogus returns are greater than sales "report" is like someone on the witness stand that, instead of following procedure by answering the lawyer's direct question, goes and blurts out something incriminating against the defence, totally out of the blue (or starts to cry, or scream, etc)

The judge goes on to say to the jurors, "ignore what you've just heard" and instructs the event to be stricken from the record.

Too late, damage done. We really need some good old fashioned, REAL positive news for the stock to rise above the noise (ie. Q10 headlines, like you mentioned) , plain and simple.

Yip...real news about the Q10 pre orders is sorely needed to enstill greater confidence among prospective investors.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-18-13 07:49 PM
    Here's a pretty cool video on Google glasses for those who haven't seen this yet. Most interesting is the face recognition possibilities, although there would be legal issues to overcome.

google glasses video - Bing Videos
    04-18-13 07:50 PM
    Yip...real news about the Q10 pre orders is sorely needed to enstill greater confidence among prospective investors.
    I was thinking the same thing the other day when I was wondering where the marketing was on the Q10. We should hear something next week for petes sake.
    04-18-13 07:54 PM
    Lcjr

Part of having a secret clearance in the USA is not telling anyone. You could loose it for things like putting it in your resume.

Posted via CB10
    Huh? Absolutely untrue. I have a TS/SCI. Neener, neener.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-18-13 08:08 PM
    I don't know why people hate Microsoft so much maybe it was because of the apple brainwashing ads in the early days or they just associate it with work...
    I for one used a Macbook and absolutely hated the mac interface. Sent out to get a cheaper Dell laptop and been happier since. I just love the windows interface.

But yeah, windows should not have branded their phoned as windows. Apparenfly they (according to documentary) put their logo real small on the ever popular X box too... they aren't proud of their brand but
    Mm they should be. And ppl should not hate them that much. At least bill Gates is a very charitable man ( I believe there is only so much you can do so a publicity stunt) whereas Steve Jobs is well known to be the opposite!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:11 PM
    I wonder if BlackBerry has spoken with Tesla? I know, but man would that be cool.
    Model X | Tesla Motors
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-18-13 08:12 PM
    lcjr, I just left the MSE at Fort Riley. Moving to Florida.

That aside, I know squat about how the markets work, but why the heck did BBRY get slammed today?
    04-18-13 08:13 PM
    Huh? Absolutely untrue. I have a TS/SCI. Neener, neener.
    Dang, I'm beat out already. Hahaha
    04-18-13 08:15 PM

That aside, I know squat about how the markets work, but why the heck did BBRY get slammed today?
    BlackBerry has been getting beat up lately by media putting out false reports to manipulate the stock and try to put BlackBerry out of business. BlackBerry is filing charges so the media is backing off, but the damage has been done. Today another bogus report came out about the latest device and it had a negative effect on the share price. Things will be fine though as BlackBerry pumps out the devices they said they would and the Bb10 software platform takes off in the market.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 08:21 PM

I'm trying to get transferred from Bliss to Fort Carson where my daughters live. I want out of here like crazy.
    04-18-13 08:23 PM
    bought more shares yesterday...M should have waited...mm could have gotten more if bought today

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    04-18-13 08:26 PM
    I guess I'm still old fashioned or unable to see what mobile computing really is. To me, mobile computing is taking care of work and play on the go, without the need for desktop/laptop or their software. I've heard about Google glasses but can't see myself ever affording a pair. What are some other examples of future mobile computing?

For me it's using this Z10 for almost everything Internet based...I rarely use my computer now for surfing or management of email correspondence.
    04-18-13 08:30 PM
    bought more shares yesterday...M should have waited...mm could have gotten more if bought today

Posted via CB10
    I bought more at $13.42 but will get more again tomorrow if we fall under $13
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-18-13 08:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Friend, I would be happy to buy more at any price under $14.00 I just don't have anymore funds to throw at this. I'm already watering down my light beer so it goes further. But I figure if I sell all my wife's shoes, boots, and purses I can buy a few thousand shares. Hahahahahahahq. No, I envy you guys being able to get more. We know this is going to be huge in the next year or two.
    helopilot06 and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 08:34 PM
    For me it's using this Z10 for almost everything Internet based...I rarely use my computer now for surfing or management of email correspondence.
    I want to be able to do everything with my phone except conference calls and other needs that call for a bigger screen. So, a Q10 and an 8 inch BlackBerry tablet would be perfect for me. If I win that Crackberry contest that will take care of the Q10.
    04-18-13 08:38 PM

Phone monitors my heart rate /bp for my doctor, unlocks my house, starts my car, adjusts the steering, monitors my security system, transfers my music to my car / house, acts as my passport/visa for travel, pays for all my purchases, is my drivers license / pilot license, access card for work ,...
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 08:41 PM
113,256 ... 712713714715716 ...