View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If this is actually true the stock will get crushed, this is enough for me as long to consider selling and wait for the dust to settle, as I know that the bears would have a field day with this.
    ya but its just some random dude reporting it. I really hope hes talking out of his ***

Are verizons handsets different from t-mobile and at&t?
    04-18-13 04:24 PM
    Verizon always takes longer to get updates out than everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 04:24 PM
    I really dont like the sounds of this:

"My rep finally told me it is a cpu problem (saw this from a repair center also) and he told me there is going to be a massive recall. Just a thought, Is this why the delay on the software upgrade? Are they trying to do a work around with software so they do not have to do a recall? "
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ything-797282/
    I find it very very tough to think that if there was a rebooting issue it could be anything but software issue. There are few electronics I've ever seen recalled as it is software run vs something like a car that is built with parts which in that case I can see if not being a simple fix. Also, it isn't an overheating issue or anything that would lead me to believe that the build of the phone is not correct. Just my opinion though!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 04:29 PM
    Lcjr

Part of having a secret clearance in the USA is not telling anyone. You could loose it for things like putting it in your resume.

Posted via CB10
    Not. lol The level of secret refers to the level and type information I'm authorized to see and use. Its not a "clearance" so don't tell anyone. lol It's actually asked for on a few government hiring sites and USAJOBS. There was a time before 1991 (fall of Berlin Wall) when they asked you not to tell anyone because they didn't want spies to seek you out in hopes of gaining information. Not so today. I've got the current regulatory guidance on the subject. I'm sure you were kidding anyways.
    Last edited by lcjr; 04-18-13 at 05:13 PM.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    04-18-13 04:32 PM
    I had the reboot issue. I reformatted my SD card and a few other things and it settled down. On Verizon so no updates. My guess is a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 04:33 PM
    Verizon always takes longer to get updates out than everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. I was seeing on another thread that other carriers/providers were sending out updates and I haven't got one in a long time. Of course, I'm not having any problems with my 9930 either. But I was wondering if there will be more future updates or is BB10 going to be it and legacy devices are second fiddle.
    04-18-13 04:39 PM
    If this is actually true the stock will get crushed, this is enough for me as long to consider selling and wait for the dust to settle, as I know that the bears would have a field day with this.

The quote came from the poster
    " VRCHOTICKY "

Check his postings. Claims to support BB.

Browsing thru his posts he must be a "lemon magnet" when purchasing phones. Multitude of different technical issues he went thru over different BB devices.

I agree that there are reboot issues but am not buying his story, on the massive recall. Lets wait for Verizon's announcement if there are any.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 04-18-13 at 05:07 PM.
    lcjr, bungaboy, Lehomer and 1 others like this.
    04-18-13 04:55 PM
    Sounds like the perfect story for a bear raid
    04-18-13 05:14 PM
    Sounds like the perfect story for a bear raid
    Yup. They may try to hit the 13$ strike price tmo.

They can make news of this thread. They already quoted the CB thread on the missing Skype issue.

Remember these guys also monitor the CB thread for any bile they can spread out there. Just saying.
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    04-18-13 05:23 PM
    Yup. The may try to hit the 13$ strike price tmo.

They can make news of this thread. They already quoted the CB thread on the missing Skype issue.

Remember these guys also monitor the CB thread for any bile they can spread out there. Just saying.
    Bring it on, I'm strapped in now. Oh, I also thought about outside folk lurking within here to get 'insider" information.
    04-18-13 05:25 PM
    Much ado about nothing.

BlackBerry World apps store technical issue fixed, smartphone maker says

By The Canadian Press April 18, 2013 4:10 PM

WATERLOO, Ont. - A technical problem that left some BlackBerry users unable to download content from its apps store has been fixed.

The BlackBerry smartphone maker says customers who were affected will gradually be able to regain access to the virtual storefront throughout the day.

The company did not say how many BlackBerry users were affected by the short outage, which began Thursday morning.

BlackBerry World is home to the smartphone's apps, as well as games, movies and music.

A message posted by the smartphone company on Twitter near midday said that BlackBerry World customers "may be experiencing an issue" and its technical support team was working to resolve it.

Some BlackBerry users posted messages on Twitter saying they were unable to download content from the store.

"This issue has been resolved and customers will have full access as the cache clears over the course of the day," the company said in an emailed statement.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    04-18-13 05:38 PM
    Getting back on the subject of the stock, I am starting to grow a little concerned seeing the stock has not been able to recover from the bogus Z10 returns comment despite TH coming out to defend the allegations. Today was an easy day for the bears thx to NOK and APPL bringing the whole sector down. I know the market in general has not helped as well and the recent put activity is higher then the calls. I am holding tight for now to see the outcome regarding the upcoming Q10 launch, hope that we will see an increase in the SP when it starts to blast across the headlines. Another problem I see is the lack of buying interest and the increase in short positions which is never a good sign. Not too mention the chart pattern is starting to give way. We need to get back into the 14's soon, enough of this consolidating bs. Just me venting after a day in deep red, so go easy on me.
    04-18-13 05:39 PM
    I can't see it being a CPU issue. The Qualcomm chip is used in millions of other non BB10 phones.

Closest to that would be a hardware design issue not the CPU itself.

But I'm betting software. A reboot issue like this can be hard to track down....but it should eventually be tracked down to the lines of code executing right before the reboot. Now..unless there are a few areas of code causing reboots then it gets tricky-er. I'm sure software update will fix this eventually. Given how QNX is supposed to compartmentalize the processes (like the android runtime) the app should not bring down the whole OS (cause a reboot). Hopefully the 10.1 update fixes this!
    04-18-13 05:45 PM
    Fine fine, real response.

Hard work my friend hard work.

Best advice I can give anyone on this forum. Write down everything LuckyJP posts and have the exact opposite mentality and you will find success.
    I am learning this. Besides investment journaling, this thread has taught me so much.
    bungaboy and gohan_bcc like this.
    04-18-13 05:47 PM
    Getting back on the subject of the stock, I am starting to grow a little concerned seeing the stock has not been able to recover from the bogus Z10 returns comment despite TH coming out to defend the allegations. Today was an easy day for the bears thx to NOK and APPL bringing the whole sector down. I know the market in general has not helped as well and the recent put activity is higher then the calls. I am holding tight for now to see the outcome regarding the upcoming Q10 launch, hope that we will see an increase in the SP when it starts to blast across the headlines. Another problem I see is the lack of buying interest and the increase in short positions which is never a good sign. Not too mention the chart pattern is starting to give way. We need to get back into the 14's soon, enough of this consolidating bs. Just me venting after a day in deep red, so go easy on me.
    Yes, this slow, staggered launch is painful for shareholders. It will cause several pauses in the SP rise. I think it is healthy for the company though.
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    04-18-13 05:50 PM
    well belieberry crew, I missed my buy in today.
    Always another set up around the corner
    And my caravan is now gone to a new owner. Yeahhhhh!
    Now we can enjoy some summer camping with the kids and the expedition. Now if the summer would
    yield some increase SP, I'd be even more pleased.
    04-18-13 05:58 PM
    well belieberry crew, I missed my buy in today.
    Always another set up around the corner
    And my caravan is now gone to a new owner. Yeahhhhh!
    Now we can enjoy some summer camping with the kids and the expedition. Now if the summer would
    yield some increase SP, I'd be even more pleased.
    I'm sorry that you didn't get your order filled but I'm happy it didn't dip that low

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-18-13 06:11 PM
    I can't see it being a CPU issue. The Qualcomm chip is used in millions of other non BB10 phones.

But I'm betting software. A reboot issue like this can be hard to track down....but it should eventually be tracked down to the lines of code executing right before the reboot. Now..unless there are a few areas of code causing reboots then it gets tricky-er. I'm sure software update will fix this eventually. Given how QNX is supposed to compartmentalize the processes (like the android runtime) the app should not bring down the whole OS (cause a reboot). Hopefully the 10.1 update fixes this!
    I have never had a reboot since I got my Z10 on February 5th!
    04-18-13 06:11 PM
    I had thought the stock would be $25 by this point. I was hoping the market would be positively surprised by two things:
    1) BBRY exploited QNX to create innovative functionality no one was expecting (January Launch)
    2) Carrier support in the US would be unexpectedly strong

I was wrong on both counts. BB10 gave us Hub, Flow and Peek (all expected). Besides Verizon, carrier support has been ok to poor.

Someone who works at BBRY will say "be patient". I have been waiting for 3 years...I expected more. In 3-6 months it might make sense to launch an organized campaign that pushes for a takeover. Not sure how much longer I can wait for BBRY to win a 'tech war' they seem to be trailing in...
    Acumenight likes this.
    04-18-13 06:15 PM
    I had thought the stock would be $25 by this point. I was hoping the market would be positively surprised by two things:
    1) BBRY exploited QNX to create innovative functionality no one was expecting (January Launch)

I was wrong on both counts. BB10 gave us Hub, Flow and Peek (all expected). Besides Verizon, carrier support has been ok to poor.

Someone who works at BBRY will say "be patient". I have been waiting for 3 years...I expected more. In 3-6 months it might make sense to launch an organized campaign that pushes for a takeover. Not sure how much longer I can wait for BBRY to win a 'tech war' they seem to be trailing in...
    If you want to look at now to 6 months down the road, then sure, you've got a point, but if you can look beyond that into years, then you very well could be wrong. If this stock is disappointing you, then I'd say sell and move onto something that you find more interesting.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rampagingpanda and lcjr like this.
    04-18-13 06:21 PM
    Think of it this way...

The bogus returns are greater than sales "report" is like someone on the witness stand that, instead of following procedure by answering the lawyer's direct question, goes and blurts out something incriminating against the defence, totally out of the blue (or starts to cry, or scream, etc)

The judge goes on to say to the jurors, "ignore what you've just heard" and instructs the event to be stricken from the record.

Too late, damage done. We really need some good old fashioned, REAL positive news for the stock to rise above the noise (ie. Q10 headlines, like you mentioned) , plain and simple.
    lcjr, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 06:21 PM
    I hear you, but all good things take some time to implement. BBRY is still priced like a company that the market feels will go out of business within the year. Now is not the time IMHO to bail. We need at least a couple of growth quarters to shake the shorts, then strap in because the ride will be worth the wait again IMHO. BES 10 hasn't really begun to be mass implemented yet, this will create a large high margin revenue stream for BBRY in the future as they will be charging around $100/yr/device to manage not only BBRY devices by also iphone and android. I am still a believer Lucky JPs comments notwithstanding.

04-18-13 06:24 PM

I would have to agree that Thor has so far let me down in terms of BB10 being a pioneer in the mobile computing space. Thor continues to bring it up but he has yet to demonstrate how bb10 will be a mobile computing platform.

Thor has also not demonstrated how he intends to replace the lost service revenue.

Posted via CB10
    plane6065 likes this.
    04-18-13 06:31 PM

Could be a manufacturing issue with how the chip is attached to the board. It's happened before.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:32 PM

John, have you met LuckyJP yet? ha ha ha j/k
    cjcampbell and erodenero like this.
    04-18-13 06:35 PM
113,256 ... 711712713714715 ...