View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That's coming with the 10.1 update.
    Are you serious? That's awesome man! I wrote Blackberry about that like 6 months ago when I was ordering some educational apps for my Playbook. Thinking of getting into the part-time instructor gig for our young Soldiers on base. Do you have a link for that by chance?
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 03:05 PM
    Icjr, if you don't mind me asking what do you do for DoD? im assuming nothing in recruitment or anything cause I have a few questions about that lol
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-18-13 03:07 PM
    Are you serious? That's awesome man! I wrote Blackberry about that like 6 months ago when I was ordering some educational apps for my Playbook. Thinking of getting into the part-time instructor gig for our young Soldiers on base. Do you have a link for that by chance?
    Here's the link..... BlackBerry 10.1 is bringing plenty of changes - Here's some of what we're seeing | CrackBerry.com

Here's a summary list of new things....

HDR option for taking photos
    PIN to PIN messaging now available and present in the BlackBerry Hub
    APN editing is now enabled (Though this may remain carrier based)
    'Highlights" for text such as word correction on the keyboard are now green, instead of blue
    'Text Picker' has been improved, now allows for easily moving left and right between letters easier
    Sharing menu is now black, just like on the BlackBerry Q10
    New help demos and walkthroughs after initial boot
    Select All for broadcast messages is now available
    Ability to turn off alerts for specific applications
    Easier to check for updates in BlackBerry World
    Phone can be fully unlocked at lock screen now by the power button
    BlackBerry World now has options for coupon redemption
    Pasting of phone numbers directly into dialpad
    Installed apps can be opened from with BlackBerry World (No longer shows 'installed' now shows 'open')

I could be reading too much into it but it seems like you can gift coupons for redemtion.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 03:10 PM
    Icjr, if you don't mind me asking what do you do for DoD? im assuming nothing in recruitment or anything cause I have a few questions about that lol
    No problem at all.

Operations Officer for a division level operations shop (G3). Assigns, tasks and provides guidance to the Ft. Bliss Senior Commander Staff and agency staff offices in response to urgent and routine requests for information and recommendations on issues of operations, current events strategy and plans, command and control, and training issues. Ensures agency projects are managed properly and completed in a timely manner while monitoring continuity and quality of actions. Also provides guidance for the coordination of efforts for post-wide actions and events to ensure that all resources are utilized properly and ensures that there is no duplication of effort and all of the agency's requirements are satisfied. Analyzes a variety of projected situations involved with mission support actions, personnel structure and organizational structures. Completes projects and studies, which require knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations. Serves as the Fort Bliss Deployment Tracker for the Commanding General. Serves as the advisor to the MSE G3 Operations Supervisor and MSE staff officers on both technical and administrative matters relating to the accomplishment, coordination and disposition of a variety of substantive staff actions and assignments. Initiates and ensures effective communication, coordination and follow-up actions with subordinate elements, higher headquarters, other services and federal agencies, companies and professional organizations. Serves as Staff Action Officer and is responsible for the oversight of a variety of actions which are characterized by unique requirements which demand continuous oversight and provides administrative coordination for staff actions and correspondence. Reviews and analyzes incoming staff actions and decision correspondence. Receives and conducts analyses of staff actions received from higher headquarters. Studies and evaluates issues and data presented, and based on expert analysis of content and knowledge of functional assignments throughout the organization, may assign actions to appropriate staff elements on behalf of the MSE G3 Chief of Operations with specific direction concerning type of response required. Monitors priority of actions based on the sensitivity of the subject matter, suspense dates and other pertinent data. Monitors all actions through to completion providing assistance as requested. As required, personally composes and/or reviews correspondence requiring a high degree of tactful communicative ability with outside sources. Advises MSE G3 Chief of Operations and senior leadership of all sensitive issues raised in incoming actions and provides staff elements with any specific instructions or comment from Chief of Staff or senior leadership. Carries out high priority assignments, studies, and projects personally assigned by the MSE G3 on a wide variety of sensitive and confidential matters. Responsible for surveillance, analyzing, and recommending improvements to organizational processes and procedures. Performs input, retrieval and analysis of the data to process and validate data for timely and accurate reporting of all actions. Prepares daily, weekly and short-suspense status reports to staff elements and higher headquarters. Responds to numerous inquiries from staff elements, higher headquarters and staff elements on a variety of subjects, such as status of suspense’s and requests for extensions. Compiles narrative and statistical material and prepares related background information concerning the status of taskers for use in briefing higher officials. Writes Operations Orders (OPORDS) and Fragmentary Orders (FRAGOS), as needed. Provides current policy and procedural guidance to representative staff areas of responsibility. Prepares and submits after action reports and lessons learned, as required. Interacts with senior directors and commanders across the installation on a daily basis in the course of daily operations.
    Last edited by lcjr; 04-18-13 at 04:46 PM.
    04-18-13 03:14 PM
    You can always just ignore my posts, I'm going to post and present a different opinion whether you like it or not. Someone in this thread has to inject a dose of reality from time to time. Since I have a significant stake in this stock, and this is a forum discussing it, I think that I'll stay. Now you can go back to dreaming about your Ferraris or whatever else adolescent-minded fanboys do in their free time.
    With respect, why should the majority in this thread have to cater to what you want? Are you special?

We all have significant investments in BB/BBRY. But the majority of us behave like mature adults and don't sook over paper losses?

So, please leave and stop disrupting this thread.

And apologize for the name calling. It is totally uncalled for.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 04-18-13 at 03:57 PM.
    erodenero and BBInPlay like this.
    04-18-13 03:16 PM
    When did you change your avatar? I like it.
    Thanks, just found it as a click thru on the Boston Globe site. I think it directed me to an MLB site where it was downloadable so I did it. Still sad around here, but some great stories of people I know and who were running or watching or volunteering that day and stepped up to the plate. Reassuring that some people still got it. I am sure you see that everyday, but in civilian life its not always the case.
    lcjr and helopilot06 like this.
    04-18-13 03:17 PM
    http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/exter.../?mod=yahoo_hs

The story was posted at about 2 pm the same time the dip started.
    I know it's grasping at straws but seems like they want to start with the cheap negative stuff again

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and Acumenight like this.
    04-18-13 03:19 PM
    Here's the link..... BlackBerry 10.1 is bringing plenty of changes - Here's some of what we're seeing | CrackBerry.com

Here's a summary list of new things....

HDR option for taking photos
    PIN to PIN messaging now available and present in the BlackBerry Hub
    APN editing is now enabled (Though this may remain carrier based)
    'Highlights" for text such as word correction on the keyboard are now green, instead of blue
    'Text Picker' has been improved, now allows for easily moving left and right between letters easier
    Sharing menu is now black, just like on the BlackBerry Q10
    New help demos and walkthroughs after initial boot
    Select All for broadcast messages is now available
    Ability to turn off alerts for specific applications
    Easier to check for updates in BlackBerry World
    Phone can be fully unlocked at lock screen now by the power button
    BlackBerry World now has options for coupon redemption
    Pasting of phone numbers directly into dialpad
    Installed apps can be opened from with BlackBerry World (No longer shows 'installed' now shows 'open')

I could be reading too much into it but it seems like you can gift coupons for redemtion.
    Oooooh, I was hoping for an actual pre-paid card you pick up while shopping like several other establishments have. You know, like buying somebody a Home Depot gift card or some other app carrying corporation. Just something I would like to see in the future, but I know there are many who don't like this probably.
    04-18-13 03:19 PM
    No problem at all.

Operations Officer for a division level operations shop (G3). Assigns, tasks and provides guidance to the Ft. Bliss Senior Commander Staff and agency staff offices in response to urgent and routine requests for information and recommendations on issues of operations, current events strategy and plans, command and control, and training issues. Ensures agency projects are managed properly and completed in a timely manner while monitoring continuity and quality of actions. Also provides guidance for the coordination of efforts for post-wide actions and events to ensure that all resources are utilized properly and ensures that there is no duplication of effort and all of the agency's requirements are satisfied. Analyzes a variety of projected situations involved with mission support actions, personnel structure and organizational structures. Completes projects and studies, which require knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations. Serves as the Fort Bliss Deployment Tracker for the Commanding General. Serves as the advisor to the MSE G3 Operations Supervisor and MSE staff officers on both technical and administrative matters relating to the accomplishment, coordination and disposition of a variety of substantive staff actions and assignments. Initiates and ensures effective communication, coordination and follow-up actions with subordinate elements, higher headquarters, other services and federal agencies, companies and professional organizations. Serves as Staff Action Officer and is responsible for the oversight of a variety of actions which are characterized by unique requirements which demand continuous oversight and provides administrative coordination for staff actions and correspondence. Reviews and analyzes incoming staff actions and decision correspondence. Receives and conducts analyses of staff actions received from higher headquarters. Studies and evaluates issues and data presented, and based on expert analysis of content and knowledge of functional assignments throughout the organization, may assign actions to appropriate staff elements on behalf of the MSE G3 Chief of Operations with specific direction concerning type of response required. Monitors priority of actions based on the sensitivity of the subject matter, suspense dates and other pertinent data. Monitors all actions through to completion providing assistance as requested. As required, personally composes and/or reviews correspondence requiring a high degree of tactful communicative ability with outside sources. Advises MSE G3 Chief of Operations and senior leadership of all sensitive issues raised in incoming actions and provides staff elements with any specific instructions or comment from Chief of Staff or senior leadership. Carries out high priority assignments, studies, and projects personally assigned by the MSE G3 on a wide variety of sensitive and confidential matters. Responsible for surveillance, analyzing, and recommending improvements to organizational processes and procedures. Performs input, retrieval and analysis of the data to process and validate data for timely and accurate reporting of all actions. Prepares daily, weekly and short-suspense status reports to staff elements and higher headquarters. Responds to numerous inquiries from staff elements, higher headquarters and staff elements on a variety of subjects, such as status of suspense’s and requests for extensions. Compiles narrative and statistical material and prepares related background information concerning the status of taskers for use in briefing higher officials. Writes Operations Orders (OPORDS) and Fragmentary Orders (FRAGOS), as needed. Provides current policy and procedural guidance to representative staff areas of responsibility. Prepares and submits after action reports and lessons learned, as required. Interacts with senior directors and commanders across the installation on a daily basis in the course of daily operations. Maintains a Secret Security Clearance, adjudicated and renewed 7 Dec 2010. Investigation Type: ANACI; Investigation Date: 20101130; Clearance Type: Secret; Clearance date: 20101207.
    How do you get that to fit on your resume, holy crap!
    lcjr likes this.
    04-18-13 03:21 PM
    No problem at all.

Operations Officer for a division level operations shop (G3). Assigns, tasks and provides guidance to the Ft. Bliss Senior Commander Staff and agency staff offices in response to urgent and routine requests for information and recommendations on issues of operations, current events strategy and plans, command and control, and training issues. Ensures agency projects are managed properly and completed in a.......
    Man, that's a long job description. LOL
    lcjr, bungaboy and bobert65 like this.
    04-18-13 03:23 PM
    Thanks, just found it as a click thru on the Boston Globe site. I think it directed me to an MLB site where it was downloadable so I did it. Still sad around here, but some great stories of people I know and who were running or watching or volunteering that day and stepped up to the plate. Reassuring that some people still got it. I am sure you see that everyday, but in civilian life its not always the case.
    I was really glad you and your friends were not hurt in the incident. My heart goes out to everyone there that pulled together as a team to assist the first responders. People all over the world are talking about how the local reaction to the incident was a huge lift in humanity and those that were considering the plight of society as a down-hill plunge have new hope. I listened to some amazing stories on my morning drive to work this morning.
    04-18-13 03:24 PM
    Oooooh, I was hoping for an actual pre-paid card you pick up while shopping like several other establishments have. You know, like buying somebody a Home Depot gift card or some other app carrying corporation. Just something I would like to see in the future, but I know there are many who don't like this probably.
    I don't think there's enough market share for that at the moment. But if you were able to buy a dollar amount, and get the code emailed to you, you could forward the virtual card to the recipient. If this is what they are planning, cool.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-18-13 03:27 PM
    Man, that's a long job description. LOL
    I know, but I actually do these things and yet still manage to post now and again on this thread. Most of my Crackberry time is after I get home and pop open a cold one. lol
    04-18-13 03:28 PM
    I know, but I actually do these things and yet still manage to post now and again on this thread. Most of my Crackberry time is after I get home and pop open a cold one. lol
    all the respect in the world goes out to you my friend, Im amazed that you have time to post considering that list of duties you got there.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-18-13 03:31 PM
    Wow..so Google's QoQ and YoY Revenue, Cash, Profit, and EPS were up yet since they didn't meet the streets expectations, they are basically flat in the AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 03:33 PM
    Now I feel bad about slacking off...back to work now
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 03:35 PM
    I wonder what's in store for tomorrow...bear raid, bull run, or LuckyJP our leisurely troll...
    Fixed it for you Charles. LoL
    erodenero likes this.
    04-18-13 03:36 PM
    Wow..so Google's QoQ and YoY Revenue, Cash, Profit, and EPS were up yet since they didn't meet the streets expectations, they are basically flat in the AM.
    Yep. I think the expectations are becoming too high for companies like Apple and Google. Great numbers and stock dips.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 03:37 PM
    Yep. I think the expectations are becoming too high for companies like Apple and Google. Great numbers and stock dips.
    Seems the call is having a more positve effect.
    04-18-13 03:47 PM
    Seems the call is having a more positve effect.
    Almost the opposite of BBRY calls. I'm a fan of Google but I can't afford to buy any considerable amount of their stock.
    04-18-13 03:49 PM
    Almost the opposite of BBRY calls. I'm a fan of Google but I can't afford to buy any considerable amount of their stock.
    Oh me neither... not even close, but it's interesting to see what they're up to. As for being a fan, not so much here but I do like the fact that they provide a lot of jobs locally at their Canadian HQ.
    04-18-13 03:56 PM
    I really dont like the sounds of this:

"My rep finally told me it is a cpu problem (saw this from a repair center also) and he told me there is going to be a massive recall. Just a thought, Is this why the delay on the software upgrade? Are they trying to do a work around with software so they do not have to do a recall? "
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ything-797282/
    04-18-13 03:58 PM

"My rep finally told me it is a cpu problem (saw this from a repair center also) and he told me there is going to be a massive recall. Just a thought, Is this why the delay on the software upgrade? Are they trying to do a work around with software so they do not have to do a recall? "
    It's all hearsay.... especially the post you quoted. That is purely speculation. Also, I can't really understand where people keep saying "delay" in the OS update. They've sent out one big one, and a second super small one, and one more on the way in less than 3 months. I find it hard to call that any sort of delay.
    bungaboy, La Emperor, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    04-18-13 04:09 PM
    Lcjr

Part of having a secret clearance in the USA is not telling anyone. You could loose it for things like putting it in your resume.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 04:22 PM

If this is actually true the stock will get crushed, this is enough for me as long to consider selling and wait for the dust to settle, as I know that the bears would have a field day with this.
    04-18-13 04:22 PM
113,250 ... 710711712713714 ...