View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Highly doubt it, today was an easy day for a bear raid as we are thrown out with the bathwater.
    There was a report (read drivel)by Cleveland Research this morning that projected a 52 cent loss per share this fiscal due to z10 demand faltering
    04-18-13 02:14 PM
    04-18-13 02:15 PM
    Isn't tomorrow suppose to be the announcement for the Q10? I thought I read that somewhere
    04-18-13 02:16 PM
    I'm down 12 grand on BBRY and I've held this stock for some time now, so please don't lecture me about expecting a quick ROI because you don't know what the frack you're talking about.
    According to your earlier posts, you've held this for 2-3 months now and are down 15% after having put around $80,000 into it.

Honestly, if you're unprepared to handle swings of 10-20% with such a volatile stock, you'd be much better served by diversifying into less volatile stuff. BlackBerry was going up or down by 20% in a week before you invested.
    bungaboy, s0be and m0de25 like this.
    04-18-13 02:16 PM
    Calgary, AB Canada my friend lol.

Home of oil & gas lol
    LOL...I was going to say Calgary. I'm up the road in Edmonton, home of manufacturing for all that oil and gas
    04-18-13 02:17 PM
    Nice, scooped a bunch more at $13.42
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-18-13 02:20 PM
    The Q10 information is going to make us go POP!
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and s0be like this.
    04-18-13 02:22 PM
    04-18-13 02:24 PM
    The US stock exchange becomes more and more a banana exchange. Time to leave the US for a more free market exchange. It's obvious the US exchange can not handle a free and open market.

Posted via CB10
    I thought we were done with this....
    04-18-13 02:27 PM
    TY M8, adjusted my order up a wee bit.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-18-13 02:27 PM
    Interesting couple of days. I think we should also not forget what is happening in the general market at the moment.

It seems as though there is a lot of uncertainty and some money may be pulled to the sidelines while investors re-evaluate.

On the whole though the new BlackBerry product seems to be doing well, and coupled with this apple seems to be losing a lot of mind share with the consumer.

I am always of the opinion that these fads ,like apple ,can only stay at the top for so long. After a while the masses need the new cool thing.

Don't get me wrong, they are far from dead and their products are still good, if not a little over priced.

I think this will open the smartphone market up once again. Opportunities for BlackBerry to capitalise.

In some respects it has turned out better that BlackBerry was launched now and not last autumn...

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 02:30 PM
    This guy is all in. He must really believe.
    Additional disclosure: I am long not only Blackberry shares but also BBRY calls, and I am short BBRY puts.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-18-13 02:30 PM
    This guy is all in. He must really believe.
    Additional disclosure: I am long not only Blackberry shares but also BBRY calls, and I am short BBRY puts.
    Lol...I thought the same.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 02:37 PM
    Lol...I thought the same.

Posted via CB10
    I thought I'd see:

Additional disclosure: I am long not only Blackberry shares but also BBRY calls, and I am short BBRY puts. I also have 5,000 z10's and 2,500 Playbooks stored in my garage.
    04-18-13 02:39 PM
    So we finally found the person responsible for these so called "shortages" works has been hijacking delivery trucks

I thought I'd see:

Additional disclosure: I am long not only Blackberry shares but also BBRY calls, and I am short BBRY puts. I also have 5,000 z10's and 2,500 Playbooks stored in my garage.
    OMGitworks and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 02:40 PM
    HOLY COW!! Are you bringing that to the party? I would love a ride in that beauty!
    04-18-13 02:43 PM
    The US stock exchange becomes more and more a banana exchange. Time to leave the US for a more free market exchange. It's obvious the US exchange can not handle a free and open market.

Posted via CB10
    Yay, another ignore earned today.
    lcjr and OMGitworks like this.
    04-18-13 02:45 PM
    The Q10 information is going to make us go POP!
    I can't wait to see that get released. Besides helping the SP, it's simply a beautiful device.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-18-13 02:48 PM
    I thought I'd see:

When did you change your avatar? I like it.
    04-18-13 02:52 PM

There are two problems with this analysis. First, we know 80 mm is wrong, and that will lower things a bit.

But more significantly his math doesn't take into account the number of new BlackBerry users because it's unknown. However, adding more users will also increase the percentage of bb10 users.

This means that the uptake numbers and the sales numbers can't be extrapolated due to the missing data.
    plasmid_boy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-18-13 02:54 PM
    Well would you look at that... it's not getting anywhere near even but there is a push upwords at the end of the day.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-18-13 02:57 PM
    There are two problems with this analysis. First, we know 80 mm is wrong, and that will lower things a bit.

But more significantly his math doesn't take into account the number of new BlackBerry users because it's unknown. However, adding more users will also increase the percentage of bb10 users.

This means that the uptake numbers and the sales numbers can't be extrapolated due to the missing data.
    I only skimmed the article because it's seeking alpha, but from what I saw:
    BB10 sale estimates too high, legacy estimates too low, service revenue too low. Also, no idea what his expense estimates are based on.
    04-18-13 02:58 PM
    Did this already get posted? Sorry, still digging through posts after exciting meetings. BlackBerry World apps store faces technical issue, smartphone maker says - Yahoo! Finance Canada

By The Canadian Press
    WATERLOO, Ont. - BlackBerry says a technical problem with its apps store may be preventing some of its users from downloading content.

A message posted by the smartphone company on Twitter says that BlackBerry World customers "may be experiencing an issue" and its technical support team is working to resolve it.
    The company did not offer any further details, and a spokeswoman was unable to immediately offer any more information.
    Some BlackBerry users posted messages on Twitter saying they were unable to download content from the store.
    BlackBerry World is the virtual storefront for the smartphone's apps, as well as games, movies and music.

I still like the idea of having some sort of pre-paid card available for apps. Another measure of user security and an easier way to gift apps to another person.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 02:59 PM
    I still like the idea of having some sort of pre-paid card available for apps. Another measure of user security and an easier way to gift apps to another person.
    That's coming with the 10.1 update.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 03:02 PM
    So any predictions for tomorrow? now that the options are basically worthless think the SP will go up now, just like to reiterate im ******** with options so bare with me lol
    04-18-13 03:04 PM
113,256 ... 709710711712713 ...