Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey all,
    [INSERT SPACE HERE]
    I just wanted to say good morning from Toronto. This forum is wonderful and informative, but I wanted to express my distaste for the amount of spelling and grammatical errors posted. Let's do better!

Best,
    Steve
    Corrected
    04-18-13 10:49 AM
    For real. It looks like they got every single lumia user to vote in that march madness poll lol. Ppl were saying they've never seen a lumnia in person and they were getting ripped up in the comments. I guess that was true.

Smartphone Madness 2013 Finals: Nokia Lumia 920 vs. BlackBerry Z10
    I forgot about that. Microsoft must of held a town hall to force all the employees to get out and vote as many times as they could. WP is like the mythical unicorn your heard and read about it but never really seen one.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 10:55 AM
    When you guys talk about the $100 party I get butterflies in my stomach. Pick any place in the world you guys want as long as it is very relaxing, because by then i will need alot of relaxation and rejuvination to peel away all the daily stress this stock has caused me
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-18-13 10:56 AM
    anyone think we will reach teh day high again on tsx? 14.40?
    04-18-13 11:04 AM
    Cnt Hlp t. M tipin on iphone

Hey all,
    I just wanted to say good morning from Toronto. This forum is wonderful and informative, but I wanted to express my distaste for the amount of spelling and grammatical errors posted. Let's do better!

Best,
    Steve
    tygros, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 11:07 AM
    Hey all,

Best,
    Steve
    Are you sure that your usage of "grammatical errors" instead of "grammar errors" or "grammatic errors" is correct?
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 11:09 AM
    We've been testing Windows 8 for awhile now, and we find no real rush to deploy it. We find Windows 7 to support all our interface needs so no need to migrate just for the heck of it. Why bother spend extra $$ to upgrade, right.

I have talked to a few other companies and they share the same opinion that Windows 7 still has a lot of legs and will last them a few more years. No argument there.

Windows 8 may just suffer the same fate as Vista where we completely skipped the OS and went directly from XP to 7. We used XP until our PC supplier can no longer provide them. Even when they were pushing Vista, we were downgrading to XP.

As for smartphones , we are more liberal here as we spec our own needs and purchase whatever device we want on the employers tab. Out of the 50+ smartphones floating around, I see a typical mix of Iphones, Androids and BB's. Not a single Windows 8 phone.

There was what, 400K sold in the US? That's really crap. I live in Canada and I have personally NEVER seen a new Windows 8 phone out in the wild...and no one ever talks about them either. I've seen 4 Z10's so far - two from students, one from a Faculty member, and one from a Staff member (I work at a University). Never seen a Windows 8 phone from Nokia.

Also, most of the students here that are forced to have Windows 8 (because they bought a new PC laptop) don't like Windows 8, they even apologize when they come into our help desk for support saying "Sorry, I have Windows 8 on this laptop...", and some have asked if they can "downgrade" to Windows 7...
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 11:16 AM
    Is questrade iq super slow and glitchy for anyone else here today?
    Iq mobile glitching slightly
    Tinomane likes this.
    04-18-13 11:18 AM
    Good job. You got yourself blocked within only few minutes of being registered on this forum. Have a nice day.

a *Anyone think we will reach teh *the day high again on tsx? 14.40?

Yes.
    04-18-13 11:37 AM
    beat me to it thunder
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 11:43 AM
    I didn't even know this Blackberry program existed! If I decide to teach law-enforcement classes at our base, I will definately recommend this.
    BlackBerry - Academic Program - US

BlackBerry - Academic Program Benefits, FAQ and Registration - US
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    04-18-13 11:58 AM
    Sorry to burst your bubble, oh $100-a-share dreamers, but our stock keeps plummeting today. Can we please live in the reality and talk about what's happening, and not plan parties based on some delusional daydreams.
    dusdal likes this.
    04-18-13 12:28 PM
    Sorry to burst your bubble, oh $100-a-share dreamers, but our stock keeps plummeting today. Can we please live in the reality and talk about what's happening, and not plan parties based on some delusional daydreams.
    In your opinion do you think ferraris look better in red or black? Thanks in advance.
    m0de25, bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    04-18-13 12:31 PM
    What I've noticed on this thread...

Stock goes up = plan party
    Stock goes down = plan party because more money will be made from picking up the stock at a lower price
    04-18-13 12:35 PM
    In your opinion do you think ferraris look better in red or black? Thanks in advance.
    Yeah, thanks for reinforcing my point...
    04-18-13 12:36 PM
    What do you want us to say? We're having a friendly discussion, if you dont wish to be a part of it, you are quite welcome to start your own thread. The $100 dollar party is more of an inside joke than a delusional daydream by the way.
    04-18-13 12:39 PM
    Almost as delusional as wanting your investment to see immediate ROI as soon as you decide to jump in what had been trending as volatile ticker symbol by nature... In one of the most cutthroat industries out there. When I say "you" or "your", I'm not directing this at you, of course.
    bungaboy and arfin like this.
    04-18-13 12:41 PM
    I'm just nervous about the situation, and the fact that not many people here seem one bit concerned with the stagnant or downward-trending direction of BBRY. I'm quite frankly alarmed that a stream of positive upgrades and imminent release of the Q10 don't seem to matter to the SP. If you guys want to ignore reality and engage in daydreaming, that's fine, you're entitled to deal with reality by pretending to ignore it. I'm just hoping that someone with experience can give us some insight and analysis into today's developments.
    04-18-13 12:46 PM
    Are you sure that your usage of "grammatical errors" instead of "grammar errors" or "grammatic errors" is correct?
    Well, his name is "SPL CHK" not "GRMMR CHK"
    m0de25, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-18-13 12:47 PM
    Almost as delusional as wanting your investment to see immediate ROI as soon as you decide to jump in what had been trending as volatile ticker symbol by nature... In one of the most cutthroat industries out there. When I say "you" or "your", I'm not directing this at you, of course.
    I'm down 12 grand on BBRY and I've held this stock for some time now, so please don't lecture me about expecting a quick ROI because you don't know what the frack you're talking about.
    04-18-13 12:49 PM
    I'm just nervous about the situation, and the fact that not many people here seem one bit concerned with the stagnant or downward-trending direction of BBRY. I'm quite frankly alarmed that a stream of positive upgrades and imminent release of the Q10 don't seem to matter to the SP. If you guys want to ignore reality and engage in daydreaming, that's fine, you're entitled to deal with reality by pretending to ignore it. I'm just hoping that someone with experience can give us some insight and analysis into today's developments.
    You seem to be nervous whenever the stock goes down a bit. Stop looking at the 5 day chart and start looking at the 6 month chart. This stock is not for the feint of heart.
    04-18-13 12:50 PM
    ... But we're not ignoring it. We've been saying time and time again that this stock isn't going anywhere but sideways or slightly down until some real, substantial news is out. And that means real sales and reaction to the Q10 (not simply release dates at the very last day of the month it was promised in), DOD announcement in favor of BB10_BES10, and at least one more good/surprising ER.

We're not idiots, we just choose to joke around until then, to keep spirits up while we wait it out.
    04-18-13 12:54 PM
    First, I forgive you. Second, yep - stock is plummeting but the company is undervalued and stocks tend to move towards their fair value over a period of time. So, it's only a matter of time before BBRY approaches it's fair value. Maybe couple of quarters of earning call showing growth in profit. I can wait it out.

You didn't ask for my opinion, but I am just throwing it out there: Go for TESLA Roadster or TESLA MODEL S. Or reserve, Tesla Model X (SUV) :-)

What I've noticed on this thread...

Stock goes up = plan party
    Stock goes down = plan party because more money will be made from picking up the stock at a lower price
    Not too different from drinking problem. Drink your joys, drink your sorrows.
    04-18-13 12:54 PM
    I think everyone here realizes how volatile this stock is by now. BBRY is manipulated like crazy. Just look at the bogus reports that constantly come like the Detwiler Fenton bs last week.

This stock isn't for people that can't handle huge daily fluctuations in price. However, most of us are here for the long haul and use these dips to buy more shares. Don't get me wrong these whack drops in prices are extremely annoying especially when there is no rhyme or reason for it.

It will take some time for the mass media to accept blackberry as a player again, but once that happens this stock will fly. There's already signs of it happening. Apple's stock dropping is a great thing for blackberry bc a lot of ppl with deep pockets will be moving onto the next big thing. Blackberry has a lot of potential for growth. Just keep that in mind and try to shrug off the noise. Average down when you can. Also, if you want some piece of mind you can buy some puts as insurance on your position.
    04-18-13 12:56 PM
    I'm down 12 grand on BBRY and I've held this stock for some time now, so please don't lecture me about expecting a quick ROI because you don't know what the frack you're talking about.
    Yes sir! Good luck with your investment and please put me on ignore.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 12:57 PM
113,256 ... 705706707708709 ...