View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    5" is not where the new Blackberry rumors have them - that's just where they start (many faux and rumored road-maps have them coming in bigger). And on that note, I cannot disagree more. Have you held a Note 2 in your hands? That thing is a monstrocity. Enormous. And if 5.5" is too big, and Samsung's MEGA (to come in at 6.3") is any indication, this may be where the build trend is going - but that doesn't mean that's where Blackberry customers, current and future - want to be.

Blackberry's innovation has to be beyond size and It has to be beyond gimmicky BS software that uses head movement to move a screen. If BBRY is to gain significant market share in the next 24mo, it has to go way beyond lame, unusable fads.
    I agree innovation needs to be in the software - but dismissing a 5" screen (or even 5.5") like the Note 2 is your opinion. I have a Note 2 and yes it is larger, but you get used to it quickly. The large screen is really amazing and once you go back and try a smaller phone like an iPhone 4S it seems like a toy, it is so tiny you wonder how you used a screen so small before. There is a large segment of the market that wants a large screen - Samsung sells millions of Galaxy S3's, Note 2's, and soon the S4. I would not ignore this segment.

In fact, the primary reason why I got the Note 2 was for screen size. I couldn't care less for Android (in fact it has it's annoying quirks), but I did want the large screen.

Blackberry _should_ bring out a phablet device to serve this rather large and growing segment of the market.
    q649 likes this.
    04-18-13 08:19 AM
    Yep, many of us have/had high hopes for TAT influence on BB products, and although they have done an admirable job with the new UI features, in reality BB isn't known to push the envelope in terms of real hardware innovation. I feel these types of articles and videos are just advertising that BB is involved with forward thinking concepts but they are far, far away from being the trailblazers in the hardware arena (up against Google, Sammy and Apple giants).
    I guess my point is that BB's competitors are busy investigating and testing these tech leaps, while TAT is making commercials of what may be, but it's nothing that others aren't dreaming up as well.
    Last edited by m0de25; 04-18-13 at 08:40 AM.
    04-18-13 08:25 AM
    04-18-13 08:34 AM
    Holy. The price is all over the place this morning. Super weird.
    04-18-13 08:42 AM
    Holy. The price is all over the place this morning. Super weird.
    Market really jumping around in opening minutes.... Appl under 400 again, Nokia down over 11%...BBRY up and down....
    04-18-13 08:44 AM
    Low volume. Going to be a bouncey day?
    04-18-13 08:44 AM
    Loving that Apple's latest innovative claim to fame is an iPad that's 15% thinner.

Apple Inc. (AAPL): A Mind-Blowing Sneak Peek of Its Next Big Device - Insider Monkey
    04-18-13 08:50 AM
    Today's chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-18-2013-chart.jpg

I got to tell you, I really like how BlackBerry is trading in here. We are well above the 5-dma for the third straight day and that's including a sharp drop in the general market yesterday. Now, we have NOK down hard and looking terrible on the charts and of course, AAPL is dying here and looking like it has to visit the lows around $ 375.00/shr this time around. The bullish case for BlackBerry is its relative strength here, we are the only phone player holding up well. It does look as though they are trying to hold it below the $ 14.00/shr mark for option expiry but the light volumes are the perfect time to take it down and the bears/shorts are nowhere to be seen here.

We have the 5-dma moving up, we are above that indicator for the third day, the markets are weak here, not too bad. Next week we get to see the Q10 in the wild and I would have to bet that this sideways movement will end as it appears to be running out of time on the daily charts. Speaking of charts, they work now that the shorts aren't playing around with the stock. Should be interesting to see if the bulls can push this higher this week with options expiry in the way. So far, the stock looks really strong here. Support is at $ 13.80/shr and resistance is at the round number of $ 14.00/shr.
    04-18-13 08:51 AM
    Loving that Apple's latest innovative claim to fame is an iPad that's 15% thinner.

Apple Inc. (AAPL): A Mind-Blowing Sneak Peek of Its Next Big Device - Insider Monkey
    As the title suggests, my mind is completely blown... ahhahaha....
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 08:53 AM
    As the title suggests, my mind is completely blown... ahhahaha....
    This is no new innovation out of Apple. It's just thinner and lighter, not innovative. Apple has yet to show any real innovation since Steve Jobs passed away. (The iPhone 5 was already well on the roadmap when Steve was still alive, and probably the iPad refinements as well.) Apple's "TV" product is nowhere to be found, and this "iWatch" thing could end up being a flop. Remember, not all of of Steve Job's products were home runs. Some were flops.
    04-18-13 08:57 AM

I can't stand these monkey and fool websites that aim to do nothing but hawk out apple news. I saw a terrible article that essentially claimed apple was doing poorly, but [rather than because others are succeeding] because the entire industry is losing momentum. It went on to claim that BBRY dropped from a high of $18 to $13.60 and *thusly* must be facing the same loss of value and interest as apple (again, none of this is apple's fault, the entire industry faces this)

Its mind-blowing when a self-proclaimed news outlet creates such petty garbage to validate thier investments
    04-18-13 08:57 AM
    04-18-13 08:59 AM
    On another note who is Cleveland Research and why are the forecasting a 52 cent loss for this year on 'fading' z10 sales'??

Another bear attack
    04-18-13 09:00 AM
    Yeah, Nokia bite it hard but is anyone surprised? I'm shocked that they sold as many as they did.
    People clearly don't want the Microsoft Windows Phone OS. Hell, just being forced to use Metro in windows 8 really drives me nuts.
    A lot of people hate Microsoft and that is why every time they bring out anything that isn't windows or office, the response is muted. It is more of a hostage base than a fan base.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 09:03 AM
    Is questrade iq super slow and glitchy for anyone else here today?
    04-18-13 09:04 AM
    Yeah, Nokia bite it hard but is anyone surprised? I'm shocked that they sold as many as they did.
    People clearly don't want the Microsoft Windows Phone OS. Hell, just being forced to use Metro in windows 8 really drives me nuts.
    A lot of people hate Microsoft and that is why every time they bring out anything that isn't windows or office, the response is muted. It is more of a hostage base than a fan base.

Posted via CB10
    There was what, 400K sold in the US? That's really crap. I live in Canada and I have personally NEVER seen a new Windows 8 phone out in the wild...and no one ever talks about them either. I've seen 4 Z10's so far - two from students, one from a Faculty member, and one from a Staff member (I work at a University). Never seen a Windows 8 phone from Nokia.

Also, most of the students here that are forced to have Windows 8 (because they bought a new PC laptop) don't like Windows 8, they even apologize when they come into our help desk for support saying "Sorry, I have Windows 8 on this laptop...", and some have asked if they can "downgrade" to Windows 7...
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-18-13 09:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's a pretty narrow viewpoint, but you are entitled to it. The notion that if it's not a Mac, you can't do much with a PC is faulty. I can enough things fine on a PC, and I choose to use one myself as opposed to being forced to do so. Can run all Adobe Creative products fine without any hiccups on my $500 Samsung laptop.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 09:10 AM
    M+8 and crew, Are you worried about sector rotation and people moving money from AAPL, NOK AND BBRY? I am thinking about what happened to PC makers and the like? I think clearly we are holding up much better, but I wonder if the "phones have become a commodity" argument is about to emerge? They are all starting to look and act alike. As good as the z10 is, and I really like mine, I don't think its leaps and bounds ahead of the ithings or upper end Andriod devices and it does seem like major innovation has become a stumbling block for all the companies, getting thinner, lighter and/or bigger aren't market changing "innovations" in my book.
    yeah, it fell again. I think I'll go for oil stocks instead. Yikes!
    Just an early 10:30 dip. Volume is still pretty low.

Sucks to be AAPL holders though.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 09:13 AM
    Have you held a Note 2 in your hands? That thing is a monstrocity. Enormous.
    Why, yes I have. In fact, I'm typing to you from one right now. Quite simply the finest smartphone currently available. One gets used to the size rather quickly. Everything else then seems like a toy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    04-18-13 09:18 AM
    M+8 and crew, Are you worried about sector rotation and people moving money from AAPL, NOK AND BBRY? I am thinking about what happened to PC makers and the like? I think clearly we are holding up much better, but I wonder if the "phones have become a commodity" argument is about to emerge? They are all starting to look and act alike. As good as the z10 is, and I really like mine, I don't think its leaps and bounds ahead of the ithings or upper end Andriod devices and it does seem like major innovation has become a stumbling block for all the companies, getting thinner, lighter and/or bigger aren't market changing "innovations" in my book.
    Maybe i'm misunderstanding what you are saying... But isn't this what BB has been preaching all along (for the last year or 2)? They are moving away from just the cellphone and tablet arena and diving into m2m and the "internet of things". This is what BB10+QNX is about, it's just that the "short" sighted are incapable of seeing this, or simply believe there is no value in it.

Personally, i'm not investing in the phone business only but rather in the bigger system and potential that BB has presented. They aren't too concerned with flex screen or finger_hover_above_glass gimmicky phones, but rather how a doctor can receive real time communication with hospital machinery hooked up to patients.
    Last edited by m0de25; 04-18-13 at 09:38 AM.
    04-18-13 09:19 AM
    Good morning all. Its going to be a great day and we pretty much know what to expect from the stock now so chin up and grab another cup of coffee.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-13 09:21 AM
    Good morning all. Its going to be a great day and we pretty much know what to expect from the stock now so chin up and grab another cup of coffee.
    Just poured my 4th but I seem to be out of baileys and whiskey.... grrrrrrr
    04-18-13 09:23 AM
    Literally have been putting any extra cash I come up with into 2015 calls for the last couple months. I think I need an intervention.
    04-18-13 09:27 AM
113,256 ... 703704705706707 ...