View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Grrr back to red
    Ho Well this was an interesting market day AAPL below $400 for the first time since 2011! Nice!!!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-17-13 03:02 PM
    WIth no bad news it is slipping into the red at the end of the day. Go figure
    Did you buy in at the last minute ? Look at that jump at the end
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-17-13 03:10 PM
    still wondering when they are going to announce Q10 release dates, and curious as to how it will affect the SP.
    04-17-13 03:13 PM
    Interesting times . . . . .

Apple shares dip below $400 for first time since 2011
    Darcy Keith
    The Globe and Mail
    Published Wednesday, Apr. 17 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
    Last updated Wednesday, Apr. 17 2013, 1:35 PM EDT

Shares of Apple Inc. have dipped below the $400 (U.S.) level for the first time since 2011, as investors lost further confidence in the tech giant after a supplier hinted of a slowdown in iPhone and iPad production.

Just past 1 p.m. (ET), Apple shares were down $23.54, or 5.5 per cent, at $402.54 after slipping to as low as $398.11. That was the lowest since December of 2011 and a remarkable fall from a high of $705 back in September of last year. This week alone, shares are down more than 6 per cent.

Volume has been much heavier than usual, with more than 23 million shares exchanging hands by early afternoon Wednesday, compared to average volume over the past three months of 17 million.

Investors grew worried about the stock Wednesday after Cirrus Logic Inc., which supplies audio chips for the iPhone and iPad, said sales of a particular chip are slowing down as a customer moves to a newer component.

Some analysts are suggesting that the Cirrus’ news may mean a big decline in Apple sales in the April to June period.

Also hurting confidence in Apple today were a couple of research reports from Goldman Sachs and Bernstein Research that were previewing the company's fiscal second-quarter earnings report on Tuesday.

Both analysts were doubtful that Apple will announce a dividend hike, a share buyback or a change in its capital allocation strategy.

"While there has been some hope that Apple will announce its new capital allocation plan during its earnings call, we believe it is more likely that Apple will make this announcement on a separate date, with a separate conference call," Goldman analyst Bill Shope said, according to MarketWatch.

He also echoed recent comments from several other analysts that Apple sales should slow considerably in anticipation of new products later this year.

Bernstein Research analyst Toni Sacconaghi said he anticipated a "tepid quarter and downward revisions" to Apple's outlook in next week's report.
    04-17-13 03:20 PM
    I like you attitude but been watching BBRY for a long time and it seldom "rockets" just before closing.

It would be nice though!
    Didn't go green but I was pretty damn close.
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    04-17-13 03:38 PM
    Hasn't this guy been a real trasher of BBRY in the past? Seems more neutral now.

A Bull And Bear Case For BlackBerry

Apr 17 2013, 12:57 by: Vlad Deshkovich | about: BBRY Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article. (More...)

BlackBerry Inc. (BBRY) managed to come back to the black after only one quarter selling its new handset, the Z10. Renewed investor confidence pushed the stock up marginally after the report, and the stock has held relatively steady ever since. BlackBerry's management must now navigate it through unsteady waters as the phone maker fights to regain market share. Although there are several hurdles left for BlackBerry to jump through, positive indicators also exist for the corporation.

Bull Case

BlackBerry is in the black. That reason alone is enough to believe that the company is back. Many in the investment world, including myself, doubted that the company could generate a profit. Yet I was proved wrong when BlackBerry generated a post-tax income of $94 million. Although BlackBerry lost revenue from the previous quarter, efficiency programs instituted by the management have allowed it to generate a profit.

BlackBerry posted a 40% gross margin. This level of profitability is indicative of good administration and an efficient supply chain.
    BlackBerry made a name for itself selling secure phones to large enterprise customers. An order for 1 million BlackBerry Z10's by Brightstar Corporation, as well as several smaller orders, is proof that there is still demand for BlackBerry units. If BlackBerry can root itself securely in the enterprise market, it will continue to be profitable.

BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins stated that 55% of people who bought a Z10 internationally switched over from different operating systems. The fact that this proportion of people are willing to switch over to BlackBerry 10 means that it is being well marketed and welcomed in various markets.

The BlackBerry app store has grown to include over 100,000 apps. Apps are the lifeblood of the smartphone industry: BlackBerry's dedication to improving the quality of the app store will pay off.

Bear Case

BlackBerry lost 3 million subscribers from the previous quarter. Although the Z10 has been selling well in most markets, BlackBerry's subscriber base continues to shrink. With fewer subscribers there is less revenue; this trend needs to reverse if BlackBerry wants to be succeed.

BlackBerry 10 launched well in most markets, but dropped the ball in the most important one of all, the United States. BlackBerry had poor sell-through throughout the States, as well as reportedly receiving improper floor space in carrier's stores. The United States market is one of the largest and most developed smartphone markets in the world. It is in BlackBerry's interest to have its new products gain traction domestically.

As BlackBerry learned before, the phone market is incredibly fast-paced and dynamic. Every day companies pour money into R&D departments to bring about sleeker and more powerful devices. As BlackBerry continues to expand into a larger variety of markets, industry titans Google (GOOG) and Apple (AAPL) are nearby. BlackBerry will need to continue to innovate, as well as enter different segments of the market in order to remain profitable.

Conclusions

BlackBerry has a lot going for it. The company definitely has the potential to regain a significant portion of its former glory (and market share) if it plays its cards right. As long as management can deal with the hurdles in the way, BlackBerry stock will appreciate. For now, it seems advisable to go long.

04-17-13 03:39 PM
    Nice stable day. Go away day traders, nothing to see here!!!
    04-17-13 03:59 PM
    CNN dropped the ball.

The Boston Globe ‏@BostonGlobe 3m
    US Attorney's office: There is no marathon bombing suspect in custody and no arrest
    No arrest yet
    Boston police: No arrest made in marathon bombings - MarketWatch
    04-17-13 04:00 PM
    From cnet no less (and not even matt miller)

As it turns out, I don't find the Hub to be all that overwhelming. In fact, it's won me over to its usefulness. Being able to send a text, Twitter DM, Facebook message, and an e-mail from the same screen without having to jump between apps is a great way to communicate.

What about you? Is the Hub overwhelming, or just the right mixture of information?
    04-17-13 04:19 PM
    From cnet no less (and not even matt miller)

As it turns out, I don't find the Hub to be all that overwhelming. In fact, it's won me over to its usefulness. Being able to send a text, Twitter DM, Facebook message, and an e-mail from the same screen without having to jump between apps is a great way to communicate.

What about you? Is the Hub overwhelming, or just the right mixture of information?
    More and more are jumping on board.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 04:38 PM
    Hasn't this guy been a real trasher of BBRY in the past? Seems more neutral now.
    If you read some of Vlad's past articles you would know he is a moron!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 04:40 PM
    If you read some of Vlad's past articles you would know he is a moron!

Posted via CB10
    More like a neutered moron now.
    04-17-13 04:48 PM
    How much $ does 5 shares cost right now?
    04-17-13 04:52 PM
    How much $ does 5 shares cost right now?
    $69.55 + commission as of today's US closing price.
    04-17-13 05:01 PM
    Likely going to be some explosive upside to some stocks that have been hammered by all of this overreacting in the markets.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 05:06 PM
    Whatever, it's beer thirty Woohoo!! Going to go play Texas Lottery, pick up some beers, then go home and chill by the pool. Bad sandstorms again here so no pool.
    04-17-13 05:27 PM
    Whatever, it's beer thirty Woohoo!! Going to go play Texas Lottery, pick up some beers, then go home and chill by the pool. Bad sandstorms again here so no pool.
    Make sure you enter to win a Q10 on the home page of CB. If I win I'll give it to you.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-17-13 05:38 PM
    If I had money I'd say go buck wild and buy buy buy. I contemplated taking a cap gain on my dividend stocks so I could ride the upside on some high risk ones for a couple days and plop it back in my dividend stocks after.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 05:39 PM
    Sorry guys im a little slow today but what are the next earnings and when? i kinda lost track is it Q1? thanks in advance
    04-17-13 06:15 PM
    $69.55 + commission as of today's US closing price.
    Is that relatively cheap? I would be down to buy 10 shares. I don't understand much about stocks though

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:30 PM
    Sorry guys im a little slow today but what are the next earnings and when? i kinda lost track is it Q1? thanks in advance
    Q1 June 28, 2013
    Q2 September 27, 2013
    Q3 December 20, 2013
    Q4 March 28, 2014

BBQ10 = April 29th in Canada!!!!!!
    Last edited by bungaboy; 04-17-13 at 07:30 PM.
    Bugmapper and slipstream89 like this.
    04-17-13 06:31 PM
    Scr3w Apple. Where the f^ck is our $20 BBRY stock? Nothing but down, even with positive earnings report, strong sales, high demand.
    Patience hell, pay me!
    Bugmapper, LuckyJP and BBInPlay like this.
    04-17-13 06:39 PM
    Is that relatively cheap? I would be down to buy 10 shares. I don't understand much about stocks though

Posted via CB10
    You will need to create an account with brokerage company then through your account you can buy the share you want at the market price + commission charged by the brokerage co.
    Do some research for online brokerage company look for the one like and go for it.
    good luck.
    04-17-13 06:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    You have to keep in mind the fees you have to pay when buying and selling.

In my case I pay $19/trade so that is $39 I have to make in profit just to cover trade fees.

So say I buy 10 shares at $13.91 = $139.10 + $19 = $158.10 Total Cost. So the 10 shares have really cost me $15.81 each to cover fees.

Now if I sell the shares at $16.69 I get $166.90 less the $19 trade fee = $147.92. So, even though the share price increased by 20% I still lost money ($10.18) because of the fees I paid buying and selling.

So you have to buy enough shares to make the cost of trades insignificant. Also, shares don't always go up. LoL
    04-17-13 06:55 PM
    Make sure you enter to win a Q10 on the home page of CB. If I win I'll give it to you.
    Thanks Bugmapper! I just entered. The only time I ever won anything was in 1998 when I entered to win a bass boat at a mall outside Fort Hood Texas. When they finally drew name as the winner i was deployed to Bosnia and they wouldn't hold it for a year until I redeployed. So no bass boat.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 06:55 PM
113,256 ... 700701702703704 ...