View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    TSX back under 12k, BB in the green.
    My market signal for the Tsx went red last week, which usually means I just go to cash and wait until the correction is over. For some reason (probably this thread) I decided to go all BlackBerry. Looking like a lucky move now.
    04-17-13 10:17 AM
    Amazing that no one has talked about this much, but $AAPL has lost almost $290B in market cap since Sept 2012.
    04-17-13 10:21 AM
    Everyone has talked about it lol, and geezus am i seeing a lot of red in my portfolio. Stupid gold.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 10:36 AM
    04-17-13 10:40 AM
    The price always falls after I buy. For example. This week I bought IOM-T @$39.90 to see it fall to 52 week low of $38.75 and I don't have any cash left to buy in at lower. Second I bought PWT @ $9.90 to see it fall to 52 week low of $8.99.

So, again, I apologize for messing up the markets on you guys.

Good day to buy in.
    Lol...yes, oil is still dropping. Great time to buy more of it, especially with that fat dividend. I just hope that they don't cut it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 10:42 AM
    Everyone has talked about it lol, and geezus am i seeing a lot of red in my portfolio. Stupid gold.
    The G20 group of finance ministers might prop it up a little..
    but then again, gold seems to go in some pretty wonky directions these days.
    04-17-13 10:45 AM
    Yep, Apple having production problems for the 5S. You got to wonder what Apple is changing on the 5S to be having production problems.
    They're having trouble prying off the home button...lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 10:48 AM
    The fact that it has a generic mini hdmi port is huge plus. Can plug it into any tv and give a presentation on the spot.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-17-13 10:50 AM
    Analysts can throw out whatever bile they want, but in the end it would be the consumers who will eventually decide.

Based on the reviews posted online and recent traffic report from Chitika, the product uptake seems to be looking up. This would hopefully debunk the DF report for good.

Anyway, a good day for BB but not for the general market. Hope we get some good numbers from Verizon tomorrow, although it maybe too early to tell the impact of BB10's in their Q report.

Blackberry 10

Analysts are still trying to put a negative spin on numbers by directly comparing to apple. What a joke.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 10:53 AM
    My market signal for the Tsx went red last week, which usually means I just go to cash and wait until the correction is over. For some reason (probably this thread) I decided to go all BlackBerry. Looking like a lucky move now.
    On this note, I just spoke to my investment counsel and asked him his thoughts on the market here in Canada. He recently (last month) told me that we were all (TSX, DJ, S&P, Nasdaq, etc) heading for a 5-8% correction and it appears this is so, albeit the correction is almost staggared (and not over yet). He's been bang on over the past 3 years but reiterated, as most financial people do, that it's a good thing. I used to cry over these drops but no more - for the most part they're healthy and RBC has always managed to work corrections to my advantage which just ceases to amaze me.

I am soooooooooo excited for the coming months. My BBRY shares are officially in my hands now and I'll get to play with them like most of you guys do. I've learned a lot so I'll be careful of course but it's just soooooooooo exciting. Sorry, said that already. And I'm lovin this slow but sure 1.something% daily rise. Man, if this keeps up!! Did I mention how exciting all of this is?
    04-17-13 10:56 AM
    Oh where is the outcry? Like when BBRY had disruptions?

I couldn't access my two email accounts so 100% failure for me.

Google Gmail is down for many users
    Reuters
    Published Wednesday, Apr. 17 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
    Last updated Wednesday, Apr. 17 2013, 10:50 AM EDT

Google Inc. is experiencing an outage of some of its popular applications such as Gmail and Google Drive, the search engine said on Wednesday.

The disruptions started affecting people worldwide around 8 a.m. Eastern time.

The company disclosed on its website that six of its 13 applications were having partial status disruptions.

According to the company the issue with Gmail, for example, is affecting less than 0.007 per cent of Google Mail users, who cannot access their accounts.

Google said in a response to a request for comment that it is currently investigating the issue and will post the cause once the investigation is complete.

“For everyone who is affected, we apologize - we know you count on Google to work for you and we’re working hard to restore normal operation for you,” Google said.
    04-17-13 10:57 AM
    Oh where is the outcry? Like when BBRY had disruptions?

I couldn't access my two email accounts so 100% failure for me.
    Twice down in the past month or so. I don't get the obsession with the Google products. I get everything done just fine on outlook.com
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-17-13 11:00 AM
    And I thought AAPL had found it's bottom. Guess I was wrong. Down to $402.....
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 11:04 AM
    Twice down in the past month or so. I don't get the obsession with the Google products. I get everything done just fine on outlook.com
    I am in the process of moving to Outlook.com. I am tired of being Scroogled!
    cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    04-17-13 11:06 AM
    Great endorsement from a DIY mom, and will certainly relate to the non-tech savy audience.
    Will forward to some of my friends for sure

Thanks.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-17-13 11:07 AM
    Anyone able to comment on the TSX market... It's pretty low. How much of an impact will it have on BB?
    04-17-13 11:07 AM
    I did it back in Feb. I personally find it easier to use.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-17-13 11:08 AM
    Anyone able to comment on the TSX market... It's pretty low. How much of an impact will it have on BB?
    BB and BBRY seem to go against the trend and have a sandboxed like life on the market. Both are up and have been pretty steady throught the day so far.
    04-17-13 11:10 AM
    Watch the firesale at 400
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 11:15 AM
    Could break south of $400 soon. Eric Schmidt (Google Chairman) had the best answer to a question on what companies with tons of cash should do with it? Was asked with spefic reference to AAPL, he said that when a company has a ton of cash laying around, they should either spend it or lower product prices.

AAPL has done neither.
    Last edited by leafs123; 04-17-13 at 11:30 AM.
    04-17-13 11:16 AM
    So far BBRY is doing great. All the stocks I on my screen are in deep red but BBRY.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 11:17 AM
    I did it back in Feb. I personally find it easier to use.
    I made the move from one account. And they have a migration tool that will copy all your Gmail emails to your Outlook email. Doesn't copy chats over though. I liked it because it kept all the dates and times the emails were sent.

The interface is nice and it has some cool things in it. I am not pleased with their support though. It's all online and they suck. Stupid support kept telling me that I couldn't create [email protected] because it was in use. I told them its unique and it doesn't exist. I also can't create it with random numbers and symbols before and after it. I finally figured it out myself after 3 weeks of nonsense. It's being filtered by their language filter algorithm. Dunno why they don't like it but I'm screwed. I can not have FunktasticLucky as an email address. But I can use it as a username on their support site. Makes sense to me *rolls eyes*
    bungaboy and BBInPlay like this.
    04-17-13 11:21 AM
    Watch the firesale at 400
    This I envisage as an Apple Fire Sale . . . . .

cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-17-13 11:22 AM
    So far BBRY is doing great. All the stocks I on my screen are in deep red but BBRY.
    As with me.
    04-17-13 11:25 AM
    I moved to outlook.com last month and love it. I don't like not having my calendar synch with my 9930 but there are work arounds. So long as outlook.com doesn't turn into another hotmail I'm happy. But we should all know that free email eventually turns sour. Just my opinion.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 11:27 AM
113,250 ... 696697698699700 ...