View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry's QNX Inks Deal With 7digital For In-Car Music Service, Gears Up For Auto Rivalry With Apple

BlackBerry’s QNX Inks Deal With 7digital For In-Car Music Service, Gears Up For Auto Rivalry With Apple | TechCrunch
    04-17-13 08:14 AM
    BlackBerry's QNX Inks Deal With 7digital For In-Car Music Service, Gears Up For Auto Rivalry With Apple

BlackBerry’s QNX Inks Deal With 7digital For In-Car Music Service, Gears Up For Auto Rivalry With Apple | TechCrunch
    Nice to see them competitive. They are hungry!
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-17-13 08:24 AM
    Just hoping for a few more days of stable prices here. If we can get a week in the $13.75-14.50 range (USD), I think you can shake out the day traders as they only care about the volatility to make $$ on the wild swings. Once you shake them out, I think you get more rational trading and I think a lot of the shorts will shake out. At 14 many of them probably won't get burned too badly, but at least they will leave BBRY alone and you can get back to "normal" trading and trading on fundamentals which should be stronger going forward.
    bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-17-13 08:25 AM

And it keeps moving . . . . .

And it keeps getting better . . . . . .

04-17-13 08:29 AM
    Media bias stiff in full effect. Joe Kernan calls the phone a stupid blackberry around the 3:00 mark. How is this professional at all?

However, the chick did say she got an iphone and gave it back lol.

Investment Tips Amid Market Uncertainty - CNBC
    bungaboy, snejpa 001 and m0de25 like this.
    04-17-13 08:32 AM
    Funny that you brought this up. I am planning to paint my Z10 pearl white. Not sure yet if it's worth the time.

Posted via CB10
    No need to paint, there's companies that have the exact replacement parts in any color you want so that the whole phone is in that color and it looks like it came out of the box like that. Pretty kewl actually.
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    04-17-13 08:32 AM
    And it keeps moving . . . . .

And it keeps getting better . . . . . .

And better . . . . . .

cjcampbell likes this.
    04-17-13 08:33 AM
    So, are we looking to make new 52 week high ($22/share) by end of month?
    What do you think, Morganplus8?
    Given that Q10 launches end of month and (most likely) we'll have leaks of pre-order information for Q10 (which, I am sure, is going to be very pleasant).

I'd be shocked to see that kind of gain in the next 2 weeks or even next 2 months. M+8 will comment I am sure, but to me the charts seem to suggest slower, steadier progress and that the uptrend line has flattened out somewhat. If we get some crazy good news and a short squeeze, maybe, but I'd put the odds at getting to $22 soon at less than 10%. As I have posted before, I am waiting until $18.25 or so to get in as I just see it meandering here and I'd rather risk "losing" the 3-4 of upside until its confirmed (in my pathetic mind at least) that it is truly going upwards. No dividend and sideways trading and a risk of a short and bear attack didn't seem like a good entry point for me in the 15's in the last month or so. So far, I have been right but I hope to be wrong soon!
    04-17-13 08:37 AM
    Media bias stiff in full effect. Joe Kernan calls the phone a stupid blackberry around the 3:00 mark. How is this professional at all?

However, the chick did say she got an iphone and gave it back lol.

Investment Tips Amid Market Uncertainty - CNBC
    He just had to pull it out. The conversation had nothing to do with BB yet he felt the need to comment. What a ******.
    04-17-13 08:39 AM
    Just hoping for a few more days of stable prices here. If we can get a week in the $13.75-14.50 range (USD), I think you can shake out the day traders as they only care about the volatility to make $$ on the wild swings. Once you shake them out, I think you get more rational trading and I think a lot of the shorts will shake out. At 14 many of them probably won't get burned too badly, but at least they will leave BBRY alone and you can get back to "normal" trading and trading on fundamentals which should be stronger going forward.
    Nice comments!!! I totally agree, since Heins put his foot down, the bears are in hiding and that's making for some much better days for BlackBerry.

Today, we have the 5-dma at $ 13.75/shr, we cleared it yesterday for the first time in two weeks and today we look to be staying above it. Nor have we seen the sell-offs of the past. So things are much more stable on very light volume. The true test comes when good news comes out. If we can go up and hold those gains, the shorts are in trouble. I don't necessarily agree that the shorts can go away, they have to cover on 156 million shares and that can't happen under $ 20.00 plus. There is a lot of pain waiting for them in the weeks ahead. The other point I would make is that we watch the price of the stock but not the general market surrounding it. Apple is making its 4th 52 week low this morning and that's not good news. Then there is the general market which wants to open down and sell-off here. So BlackBerry has to deal with the general market feeling as well. As long as we can stay above the 5-dma, we are huge winners here. I really like what I'm seeing for the first time in months, true TA is working now without the hedge funds getting in the way. You could really begin to see the benefits of a more normal market on BBRY trading. Let's stay above the 5-dma!!
    04-17-13 08:40 AM
    He just had to pull it out. The conversation had nothing to do with BB yet he felt the need to comment. What a ******.
    He literally went from gold to "stupid blackberry" in half a second lol
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    04-17-13 08:42 AM
    Nice comments!!! I totally agree, since Heins put his foot down, the bears are in hiding and that's making for some much better days for BlackBerry.

Today, we have the 5-dma at $ 13.75/shr, we cleared it yesterday for the first time in two weeks and today we look to be staying above it. Nor have we seen the sell-offs of the past. So things are much more stable on very light volume. The true test comes when good news comes out. If we can go up and hold those gains, the shorts are in trouble. I don't necessarily agree that the shorts can go away, they have to cover on 156 million shares and that can't happen under $ 20.00 plus. There is a lot of pain waiting for them in the weeks ahead. The other point I would make is that we watch the price of the stock but not the general market surrounding it. Apple is making its 4th 52 week low this morning and that's not good news. Then there is the general market which wants to open down and sell-off here. So BlackBerry has to deal with the general market feeling as well. As long as we can stay above the 5-dma, we are huge winners here. I really like what I'm seeing for the first time in months, true TA is working now without the hedge funds getting in the way. You could really begin to see the benefits of a more normal market on BBRY trading. Let's stay above the 5-dma!!
    I just looked at AAPL and holy crap. That's not just a new low but a new low with and exclamation mark.
    04-17-13 08:49 AM
    I'd be shocked to see that kind of gain in the next 2 weeks or even next 2 months. M+8 will comment I am sure, but to me the charts seem to suggest slower, steadier progress and that the uptrend line has flattened out somewhat. If we get some crazy good news and a short squeeze, maybe, but I'd put the odds at getting to $22 soon at less than 10%. As I have posted before, I am waiting until $18.25 or so to get in as I just see it meandering here and I'd rather risk "losing" the 3-4 of upside until its confirmed (in my pathetic mind at least) that it is truly going upwards. No dividend and sideways trading and a risk of a short and bear attack didn't seem like a good entry point for me in the 15's in the last month or so. So far, I have been right but I hope to be wrong soon!
    Sorry, I missed the comment with the reference to my opinion. You have it right, the chart has flattened out here, we don't have a trend because we haven't formed that bottom in the latest sell-off for BlackBerry. It has flattened out, clearly, but it might actually be for the better as this time around, we might see our gains held as BBRY is going after the criminals. Some great news on Q10 would drive the stock and those super light volumes suggest that a whole new rally might be in the cards. Watch the stock trade today when AAPL is hitting the toilet and the market wants to weaken, a true test of how we are doing relative to others. I truly think we are onto something big here as the bashing comes to an end. There are shorts who have to buy a 1/3 of the companies' shares and that's huge. To think we could get to the highest 12-month price target by the most hardened bulls is not likely, but we can get to $ 20.00 and you can write Call Options to get the rest, so it is possible to get there within the next two months. GL
    04-17-13 08:50 AM
    Haha...this guy is a knob. He's like a little kid. Ooops, am I being mean to him again?
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 08:53 AM
    Research in Motion Limited ( BBRY - Analyst Report ) has Earnings ESP of +500% and carries a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).

Verizon Communication: Will It Beat Earnings? - Zacks.com

combined with low volume we are going to see this make its steady climb!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 08:53 AM
    You could have jumped in at $12.58 on March 5th if that were the case.
    04-17-13 08:58 AM

I have some weird feeling that some smart short are covering on the market down day while doing nothing when the general market is up.
    04-17-13 09:01 AM
    Seems to be some upward movement so far this morning....

And AAPL has cratered to a new low!
    04-17-13 09:02 AM
    I just looked at AAPL and holy crap. That's not just a new low but a new low with and exclamation mark.
    Hit $412.50. I would like to see what it triggers as it passes below $400 . . . . . .
    04-17-13 09:02 AM
    Hit $412.50. I would like to see what it triggers as it passes below $400 . . . . . .
    Down into the low $411 area now. I was wondering if it could go that low too but I think that's too low.
    04-17-13 09:05 AM
    You could have jumped in at $12.58 on March 5th if that were the case.
    Not sure I understand your comment. I am NOT looking to pick a bottom. I am waiting for what in my mind (as twisted as it is) is confirmation that BBRY has made it and is going higher to get in. I don't mind not getting the upside up to $18.25 or so. For me, confirmation and the time to get in is over $18.25 at this point. If it gets to 40 or higher, those $3-4won't mean much to me and in the meantime, my money can work elsewhere and hasn't been subject to the wild swings and risk. Conservative for sure, but we are all on the same team here, I am just stretching and getting loose and getting ready to go into the game.
    bungaboy, lcjr and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-17-13 09:08 AM
    Down into the low $411 area now. I was wondering if it could go that low too but I think that's too low.
    It hit the new 52 week low, $410.61.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-13 09:09 AM
    Options volume is dropping big time. Lower volatility is going to work out for us buy an hold investors in the long run. All these option players are going to leave and take their manipulation with them.
    leafs123 and bungaboy like this.
    04-17-13 09:10 AM
    Not sure I understand your comment. I am NOT looking to pick a bottom. I am waiting for what in my mind (as twisted as it is) is confirmation that BBRY has made it and is going higher to get in. I don't mind not getting the upside up to $18.25 or so. For me, confirmation and the time to get in is over $18.25 at this point. If it gets to 40 or higher, those $3-4won't mean much to me and in the meantime, my money can work elsewhere and hasn't been subject to the wild swings and risk. Conservative for sure, but we are all on the same team here, I am just stretching and getting loose and getting ready to go into the game.
    Oh, I thought you were trying to get in under $15 in the past month or so. So I was pointing out that a good time would have been March 5th @$12.58. Would have been up today.

Don't be shy . . . . jump in. Water is fine. LoL
    OMGitworks likes this.
    04-17-13 09:13 AM
    It hit the new 52 week low, $410.61.
    I hope Newton is sitting under the tree to help break the fall!
    04-17-13 09:14 AM
113,256 ... 694695696697698 ...