View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks lcjr. The three phases were outlined in the doc I linked awhile back. The big thing for me is that they have stated they will choose their mobile device management partner (ie BES10 hopefully) by the end of april, although I did read somewhere else 'early summer'. I know this doesnt mean a large device order all at once.
    I hear ya, but am not seeing it. Even if they did make the decision, implementation would take forever. You know how it is. It will be good news, but I don't see any actual effect for quite a while after that decision.
    04-16-13 12:15 PM
    No upticks to any of the positive news...I hope that we're not heading for another bear raid
    04-16-13 12:16 PM
    You know how I feel about bear raids.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bringiton.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:20 PM
    You know how I feel about bear raids.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bringiton.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	151755

Posted via CB10
    Lol
    04-16-13 12:23 PM
    I hear ya, but am not seeing it. Even if they did make the decision, implementation would take forever. You know how it is. It will be good news, but I don't see any actual effect for quite a while after that decision.
    I agree but I think it will be huge for credibility of the new BES10. If I remember correctly phase 3 of the plan kicks in later next year with up to 100k devices at that time. The thing is if BES 10 is chosen, even if they end up using iphones etc for the lower security phones bbry still wins as they would get a per device fee to manage them through BES10. This is high margin service revenue. Plus don't you think the US allies will jump onboard as well?
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    04-16-13 12:39 PM
    @lcjr, you must be loving TSLA today. I'm kicking myself for not getting in last week.
    04-16-13 12:40 PM
    I am truly happy things are OK.

Stand Sure!

And miracles do happen quite often...

I would not consider what happened to my niece as being such, but most of my family and relatives believe so. My niece who goes to Boston U, was with the crowd when the event yesterday unfolded. My daughter was frantically texting her and finally got a reply early in the evening, saying she was safe and sound. "It was a horrific day." ( I apologize for the OT post )
    04-16-13 12:53 PM
    No I'm afraid those days are gone!!!
    Hire better HR people then.
    04-16-13 12:57 PM
    And another one charged. News like these are coming up in frequency nowadays.
    Damn crooks made millions and are out on $5000 bond. They should freeze their assets to begin with and I hope they get a lengthy jail time
    if found guilty. It seems like the risk/reward is in favor of theses crooks and encourages them further.

Frustrating for average joe investors.

Former Beverly Hills broker charged in conspiracy
    Last edited by La Emperor; 04-16-13 at 01:27 PM.
    04-16-13 01:11 PM
    Shorts are keeping the stock in check making sure it doesn't run to far. So easy to do with the low daily volume, let's hope we get a nice run with the Q10.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-16-13 01:16 PM
    Oh CBC. These guys take our taxpayer money and this is what we get out of a good news story.

Misek's report on Tuesday did not include any hard figures, only anecdotal evidence.

But Misek's comments did point to what could be interpreted as a communication gaffe in the BlackBerry marketing campaign.

"Of the few phones that were returned, the only main commonality we found is that buyers thought the Z10 had a keyboard," he wrote.

"As it does not, they returned it and will buy the Q10 (keypad model) instead."

The physical keypad BlackBerry is expected to arrive in Canadian stores by the end of the month.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-13 01:19 PM
    And another one charged. News like these are coming up in frequency nowadays.
    Damn crooks.

Former Beverly Hills broker charged in conspiracy
    Geeze why does this sound familiar? Dimwitter Farton?

Former Beverly Hills stockbroker charged with stock manipulation schemes

Associated Press – 2 hrs 59 mins ago

SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) -- Federal prosecutors say they've charged a former Beverly Hills stockbroker with manipulating stocks to generate millions of dollars in profits.

U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte Jr. said in a statement that 44-year-old Andrew Baum pleaded not guilty Monday to nine counts, including wire fraud and conspiracy. Baum turned himself in earlier Monday.

Baum is the third person charged in the investigation. Prosecutors allege Baum and the others issued fake press releases and traded shares among themselves to increase the value of stocks they bought.

Prosecutors say they then sold to investors who lost money when the price of the stock plummeted.

They allegedly made more than $5 million in profits for their manipulation of one company alone.

Baum's case is due for trial June 11. He is free on $5,000 bond.
    04-16-13 01:21 PM
    Oh CBC. These guys take our taxpayer money and this is what we get out of a good news story.

Misek's report on Tuesday did not include any hard figures, only anecdotal evidence.

But Misek's comments did point to what could be interpreted as a communication gaffe in the BlackBerry marketing campaign.

"Of the few phones that were returned, the only main commonality we found is that buyers thought the Z10 had a keyboard," he wrote.

The physical keypad BlackBerry is expected to arrive in Canadian stores by the end of the month.
    I think BB needs to crack the whip a little harder and get those assemble workers to build the Q10 a little faster, lol.
    04-16-13 01:23 PM
    CBC = iFools who have been sucking off the taxpayer teat for far too long.

They are funded, in part, by the Government of Canada (us taxpayers) and yet they won't help the government recover taxes from the tax cheats in offshore funds.

Life is too comfy for the entitled at CBC!

04-16-13 01:26 PM

What's bad is that if it was a bad news story , with little to no "facts", the stock would be diving and folks like the CBC would be talking about the article like it's fact.

If Harper had any sense he would have cut those leeches off the government's arse back in 2006.
    04-16-13 01:33 PM
    https://www.google.ca/finance?cid=691042

What did I say, overreaction and recovery by end of week. Guess it came a lot quicker. 5% just like that for all my friends who took my advice yesterday.

Even now I love TBE with the 8% yield with todays price.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    04-16-13 01:33 PM
    @lcjr, you must be loving TSLA today. I'm kicking myself for not getting in last week.
    Oh yeah, unfortunately I don't own enough to become a millionaire anytime soon. Takes money to make money and I just have enough to acquire a handful. On the big scale of life: Acquire shares OR support daughters trying to make it on their own, eat, and enjoy a cold beer now and then.
    04-16-13 01:42 PM
    I have been watching this stock so closely that I had lost track of the overall market. I was surprised to see that it almost broke below 12000 yesterday! (TSX).

Interesting to note that it was at essentially this same level in April 2006.

Nice recovery day for the overall market for sure.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-16-13 01:48 PM

My favorite part was how CBC didn't bother to state that Detwiler's report had NO HARD NUMBERS either, and yet stated that Misek's was purely anecdotal. CBC is such a joke when they report anything BlackBerry related.
    04-16-13 01:52 PM
    I agree but I think it will be huge for credibility of the new BES10. If I remember correctly phase 3 of the plan kicks in later next year with up to 100k devices at that time. The thing is if BES 10 is chosen, even if they end up using iphones etc for the lower security phones bbry still wins as they would get a per device fee to manage them through BES10. This is high margin service revenue. Plus don't you think the US allies will jump onboard as well?
    I guess it's a play on words then.
    Phase 3 states the PLANS will allow that number, not that the number will be at that time. Here:
    Phase 3, October 2013 and beyond:
    Phase 3 is an operational capability that will be offered to the enterprise as a subscription-based service. Plans will support 100,000 devices by 2QFY14 with additional service provided as requirements and funding dictate. Management and control of unclassified mobile communications services and devices will be provided as determined by the outcomes of Phases 1 and 2. Deliverables for Phase 3 include enterprise services to support the user community including C/S/A. C/S/As will be responsible for Tier 1 Level 1 help desk functions as they are today with current smartphones. DISA will establish enterprise contracts to support the purchase of approved devices and discounted data plans using GSA and C/S/A contracts.

On a continuing basis in 18-month cycles, the Enterprise Mobility Service will be refreshed to stay synchronized with the rapid technological advances in the industry. These upgrades will be funded via received reimbursable funding. The key objective of Phase 3 is the integration of
    new capabilities that provide improved service and/or lower mobile subscriber cost. Capabilities in Phase 3:
    • Provide enhanced infrastructure gateway
    • Provide growth capacity up to 100,000 devices in FY14
    • Transition operations to subscription services
    • Establish a decentralized tier 1 help desk structure
    • Establish a technology refresh program
    04-16-13 02:01 PM
    Yep, I agree, I said up to 100k. If I recall it correctly phase one 1000 units, phase 2 5000, phase 3 up to 100k but starting at 25k.
    04-16-13 02:15 PM
    Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Increases BB10 Builds

http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/04/res...lds-jefferies/

"Despite rumors that Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB)’s BB10 devices are getting a lukewarm response, the company has increased its monthly build of new devices that run on BB10 operating system, Jefferies said in its latest research report. Peter Mlsek of Jefferies said his checks in Asia indicate that the production of Q10 devices have kicked into high gear, thus improving the overall BB10 device builds to over 2 million per month."
    04-16-13 02:26 PM
    What's bad is that if it was a bad news story , with little to no "facts", the stock would be diving and folks like the CBC would be talking about the article like it's fact.

If Harper had any sense he would have cut those leeches off the government's arse back in 2006.
    Yikes, agree to disagree on that one I'm not saying that they should be downsized a tad (or a whole lot) lot but the CBC is an important part of Canadian culture whether you personally make use of it or not It's a driving contributer to arts and it is the home of a lot of fantastic, world renowned programming on RadioOne/Radio Two especially. Without this important public broadcaster, very little on the radio waves or on television would be remotely home grown. It's one of the Canadian cultural things that I'm actually proud of, for the most part. To those that would say, cut 'em off public funding and let them sink or swim on their own against the competition... well, broadcasters like CTV are successful because they almost exclsusively buy the rights to American series, which is cheap to piggyback off of and is automatically popular, so it's not an even playing field.

The only reason Harper has been against them is that they are critical of the Conservatives. I'd rather Harper save the billion dollars by not spending it on dumb-a$s things likethe G20 Summit right smack in the middle of Toronto... fake lake and all.

Peace out

Edit: And, no, I don't work for them... lol!
    04-16-13 02:27 PM
    Yikes, agree to disagree on that one I'm not saying that they should be downsized a tad (or a whole lot) lot but the CBC is an important part of Canadian culture whether you personally make use of it or not It's a driving contributer to arts and it is the home of a lot of fantastic, world renowned programming on RadioOne/Radio Two especially. Without this important public broadcaster, very little on the radio waves or on television would be remotely home grown. It's one of the Canadian cultural things that I'm actually proud of, for the most part. To those that would say, cut 'em off public funding and let them sink or swim on their own against the competition... well, broadcasters like CTV are successful because they almost exclsusively buy the rights to American series, which is cheap to piggyback off of and is automatically popular, so it's not an even playing field.

The only reason Harper has been against them is that they are critical of the Conservatives. I'd rather Harper save the billion dollars by not spending it on dumb-a$s things likethe G20 Summit right smack in the middle of Toronto... fake lake and all.

Peace out

Edit: And, no, I don't work for them... lol!
    You forgot that they also take substantial tax benefits from you and I and provide NO info or disclosure on said money, even after court orders, that too is a reason Harper is critical of them, as well as any working class citizen. It disgusts me that they ca take in hundreds of milions of tax money, have parties and expense accounts on our dime and yet get away with releasing redacted documents when ordered by Canadian courts under access to information laws.

I agree with 90% of what you said in regards to the culture. They are great at providing Canadian entertainment, not so great at covering Canadian news or other Canadian companies. They are to be the fifth estate, however they excel at yellow journalism.
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    04-16-13 02:45 PM
    (Canada) Price drop... hrmm
    Best Buy: $0.00 Blackberry Z10 (Bell) on 3-year
    Bell BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - Black - 3 Year Agreement : Bell BlackBerry - Best Buy Canada
    04-16-13 02:50 PM
113,256 ... 689690691692693 ...