View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What do they mean by major lineups of 1000+?

Lines were that long?

Posted via CB10
    Remember when people got trampled because bb gave free blackberries?

Asia is a Lil crazy
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-13 09:57 AM
    As many of us suspected big turn around today in the market.

Recovered about 57% of my losses yesterday unfortuantely wish I had money to throw in yesterday. Perfect opportunities don't come often hah.

On another note loving that BB is green today!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-13 10:01 AM
    "Of the few phones that were returned, the only main commonality we found is that buyers thought the Z10 had a keyboard. As it does not, they returned it and will buy the Q10 instead.”

I'm sorry, honestly, how many people could be so obtuse as to not realize that the Z10 was a touch screen? Are these the same people that would continue to short a company that is making money? Because it seems that are a lot of people who just aren't paying attention.
    04-16-13 10:08 AM
    LOL...it's going to take a bloody miracle to get this stock fired up!
    04-16-13 10:10 AM
    "Of the few phones that were returned, the only main commonality we found is that buyers thought the Z10 had a keyboard. As it does not, they returned it and will buy the Q10 instead.”

I'm sorry, honestly, how many people could be so obtuse as to not realize that the Z10 was a touch screen? Are these the same people that would continue to short a company that is making money? Because it seems that are a lot of people who just aren't paying attention.
    I can see how that could happen (happens to me sometimes with other stuff).
    Scenario 1:
    Me: Melissa (my assistant), I heard that Blackberry just came out with a new phone. Would you please get one for me.
    Melissa: will do. right away.
    Me: (after getting the phone) Crap, where is the keyboard on this thing. Melissa, please return this and get me one with a keyboard.

So, people are not necessarily stupid, they might not have had time to take care of this stuff themselves.
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 04-16-13 at 10:29 AM.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-16-13 10:17 AM
    That's what its starting to look like unfortunately. I was hoping for more of a pop from Miseks report TBH. Hopefully DoD chooses BB for their MDM at the end of the month.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-13 10:17 AM
    And miracles do happen quite often...

I would not consider what happened to my niece as being such, but most of my family and relatives believe so. My niece who goes to Boston U, was with the crowd when the event yesterday unfolded. My daughter was frantically texting her and finally got a reply early in the evening, saying she was safe and sound. "It was a horrific day." ( I apologize for the OT post )

Last edited by La Emperor; 04-16-13 at 10:41 AM.
    04-16-13 10:24 AM
    That's what its starting to look like unfortunately. I was hoping for more of a pop from Miseks report TBH. Hopefully DoD chooses BB for their MDM at the end of the month.
    In my opinion we got more then we bargained for from this report. This is just a update and we are seeing a 2% gain. We have seen upgrades from Morgan Stanley from a $10 - $22 share target and got a 5% gain. I'm pretty damn happy the stock even moved green after this update.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-16-13 10:37 AM
    04-16-13 10:47 AM
    Just watched an interview of one of the WhatsApp founders talking about the fact that you can't just deny other users access to your product because of the size of the platform they are in. Everyone should be able to user your product.

Seems to me that their commitment to BB10 was there from the start with native code only (no port), and I hope more companies follow suit.
    Last edited by leafs123; 04-16-13 at 11:06 AM.
    04-16-13 10:50 AM
    In my opinion we got more then we bargained for from this report. This is just a update and we are seeing a 2% gain. We have seen upgrades from Morgan Stanley from a $10 - $22 share target and got a 5% gain. I'm pretty damn happy the stock even moved green after this update.
    Well I guess you could look at it like that. Its just that the story that caused the drop of 8 points was totally bs and has now been refuted thoroughly. Where are the bulls?
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-13 11:02 AM
    Well I guess you could look at it like that. Its just that the story that caused the drop of 8 points was totally bs and has now been refuted thoroughly. Where are the bulls?
    In my opinion all the bulls are playing safe right now, letting the stock settle and once the Q10 comes out they will start coming out with updates (hopefully positive) and the rush will come in. There is no point in trying push share price up now or put in huge orders. It'll happen when the flood of news is going to come in because that is when they will realize their best gains. They will hold out and see where the shares go from now till a good buying opportunity and go from there. If I were a bull with millions of dollars I wouldn't invest right now either. No positive news is going to come for a couple weeks and from now until then stupid negative news could drive the price down. Making it a perfect opportunity to buy low low low.

Their ultimate goal is to make money not to make shareholders happy by driving prices back to a median. Just keep that in mind, if you were long you didn't sell out your position when that report came out. So in respect its like asking every person on this board right now who didn't sell to buy more. It's easy for bears to keep selling but not easy for bulls to keep buying.
    morganplus8, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    04-16-13 11:07 AM
    That was a nice read thanks
    04-16-13 11:13 AM
    Scenario 1:
    Me: Melissa (my assistant), I heard that Blackberry just came out with a new phone. Would you please get one for me.
    Me: (after getting the phone) Crap, where is the keyboard on this thing. Melissa, please return this and get me one with a keyboard.

So, people are not necessarily stupid, they might not have had time to take care of this stuff themselves.
    Hahahahahahahaha! hahahahahahahaha! Well said Sir, well said. That's exactly how that crap happens. I've seen that sooo many times.
    04-16-13 11:25 AM
    Scenario 1:

You forgot the part where he slaps Melissa on the *** and tells her to get him a coffee.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-16-13 11:29 AM
    Scenario 1:

Maybe preorders lol. Then they get it shipped to house or something and bring it back after they realize it wasn't a keyboard phone? lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-13 11:31 AM
    First post.
    I have been following this excellent thread over the last 12 months and I have learned a lot. Thank you to all of the outstanding contributors.
    Slightly off-topic but I thought this might be of interest:
    Samsung probed in Taiwan over "fake Web reviews"
    BBC News - Samsung probed in Taiwan over 'fake web reviews'
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and m0de25 like this.
    04-16-13 11:31 AM
    You forgot the part where he slaps Melissa on the *** and tells her to get him a coffee.
    No I'm afraid those days are gone!!!
    04-16-13 11:34 AM
    No I'm afraid those days are gone!!!
    I dont want to live on this planet anymore.
    04-16-13 11:36 AM
    I think BlackBerry might have got it right - BB Z10 is The Daddy - Inspect-a-Gadget

I liked this, although he is in the UK and quite shocked O2 tried to steer him away. Just nice to see that people are open minded to the Z10.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-13 11:37 AM
    Sell I guess I made the right choice I held citi and it jumped 3.5% today. Missed the low down now BBRY tho but that's ok
    04-16-13 11:45 AM
    Plusthey atleast pay out dividends
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-16-13 11:46 AM
    Better read this three (3) phase implementation plan. Its on the bottom of this article. Like I said much earlier, it won't be a 600,000 yes or no for Blackberry devices. It's everything allowed so long as they meet certain requirements for those that don't need security and Blackberry for those that do. That specific number isn't given because it's not known. CHIPS Articles: DoD

Edit: This is unclassified information and was obtained from the internet.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-16-13 12:01 PM
    Better read this three (3) phase implementation plan. Its on the bottom of this article. Like I said much earlier, it won't be a 600,000 yes or no for Blackberry devices. It's everything allowed so long as they meet certain requirements for those that don't need security and Blackberry for those that do. That specific number isn't given because it's not known. CHIPS Articles: DoD

Edit: This is unclassified information and was obtained from the internet.
    I just love the part about
    Special Operations Command - SECRET BlackBerry
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-13 12:05 PM
    Thanks lcjr. The three phases were outlined in the doc I linked awhile back. The big thing for me is that they have stated they will choose their mobile device management partner (ie BES10 hopefully) by the end of april, although I did read somewhere else 'early summer'. I know this doesnt mean a large device order all at once.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-16-13 12:08 PM
113,250 ... 688689690691692 ...