View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    NewsFlash! This just in! "Q10 returns have exceeded preorders by a 2:1 ratio". Unnamed un-knowledgeable sources and our dealer check confirm this.
    Stop posting things like this! You know some analyst will quote you as an inside source!! lol
    04-15-13 11:37 AM
    Soooo....Two women were walking through the woods when a frog called out to them and said: "Help me, ladies! I am a stockbroker who, through an evil witch's curse, has been transformed into a frog. If one of you will kiss me, I'll be returned to my former state!"
    One woman took out her purse, grabbed the frog, and stuffed it inside her handbag. The other woman, aghast, screamed, "Didn't you hear him? If you kiss him, he'll turn into a stockbroker!"
    The second woman replied, "Sure, but these days a talking frog is worth more than a stockbroker!"
    May we change the word of "stockbroker" to "stock analyst"?
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 11:38 AM
    Looks like there's a few on this thread that need more faith. Drink this and you'll feel better:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kool-aid-ghoul-aid-scary-blackberry-package.jpg
    04-15-13 11:41 AM
    Anyone buying silver/gold today? Crazy what's going on.
    04-15-13 11:43 AM
    Guys 'n Gals. I have to fess up for causing the red markets today.

I had forgottin I put in an order last week for IMO (Imperial Oil Canada) at $39.90.

We of course it opened this morning and immediately dropped to $39.44 so I got caught in the slide (forgetting I had placed the order).

So, again, my apologies. If you want to call me names go ahead. But just don't call me "Late for Dinner".
    04-15-13 11:46 AM
    Tempted on some calls but appears even the experts do not know what to make of it...it's the gold ETF's causing it and they are not sure what or how to react.
    04-15-13 11:47 AM
    I should, but I already have some 1 ounce bars in both, along with a scale in my dooms-day prepper bunker. lol Just kidding, but now is a good time to take advantage of this.
    04-15-13 11:50 AM
    Tempted on some calls but appears even the experts do not know what to make of it...it's the gold ETF's causing it and they are not sure what or how to react.
    Ya I bought some LEAPS in Barrick on friday and I thought I got a good price.

Also, I bought some physical today from silver gold bull and now I'm paranoid I won't actually get it. Precious metal house filed for bankruptcy earlier this month. These silver/gold dealers are getting destroyed.
    04-15-13 11:51 AM
    Does anyone else here feel a short squeeze will coming any time soon? If so when? Or will it just be a gradual climb (because that's no fun). I want the shorts to wake up one morning and be all like "Sweeeeet BABY JESUS.......BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!!" and then constantly refresh my portfolio and watch it reach real market value @ say oh.....$45 (delusional?).

It would be kind of funny to have youtube reaction videos even if they are made up just to imagine that day LOL.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 11:51 AM
    Guys 'n Gals. I have to fess up for causing the red markets today.

I had forgottin I put in an order last week for IMO (Imperial Oil Canada) at $39.90.

We of course it opened this morning and immediately dropped to $39.44 so I got caught in the slide (forgetting I had placed the order).

So, again, my apologies. If you want to call me names go ahead. But just don't call me "Late for Dinner".
    Here is my IO story for today.

I was at Imperial Oil Strathcona Refinery at 7 this morning on some business...they were teaching a course in "their new blast resistant structure"...as there is a maintenance shut down coming up they had about 50 souls in there getting safety indoctrination. The structure was colder inside than out...I asked the instructor why the heat wasn't on. "Someone forgot to order fuel for the furnace". The irony lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-15-13 11:55 AM
    Does anyone else here feel a short squeeze will coming any time soon? If so when? Or will it just be a gradual climb (because that's no fun). I want the shorts to wake up one morning and be all like "Sweeeeet BABY JESUS.......BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!!" and then constantly refresh my portfolio and watch it reach real market value @ say oh.....$45 (delusional?).

It would be kind of funny to have youtube reaction videos even if they are made up just to imagine that day LOL.
    As much as I would like to see it happen, I don't think it will in any meaningful way. And when it does, it probably won't be until September at the earliest. These guys have patience out the wazoo and have been really quite successful in seeding doubt at every turn. After the September ER, that's when there will be a trend showing in the financials of BB. Until then, excuses will be abundant like tax breaks and "creative" accounting etc.
    04-15-13 11:57 AM

I don't see any rocket engine type acceleration to $16+ values right away. We need positive news and investors buying to create northward swings. I’m hoping the Q10 release will generate some positive news.
    04-15-13 11:58 AM
    NewsFlash! This just in! "Q10 returns have exceeded preorders by a 2:1 ratio". Unnamed un-knowledgeable sources and our dealer check confirm this.
    Can we get this posted to fox news?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-15-13 11:58 AM
    Can we get this posted to fox news?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Hey, I love Fox news....
    04-15-13 12:00 PM
    Lol... the market is probably too preoccupied with gold today to release more negative news about bbry.

Posted via CB10
    LOL...yeah, I am holding off any investment decisions now to see how the next couple of days unfold. Looks like some great buying opportunities around the corner.
    04-15-13 12:03 PM
    I have a great sense of humor, just look at my avatar and if you don't know the story behind it, Google ecce homo. I guarantee you'll have a good laugh.

However, when it comes to my investment plunging on rumors and innuendos, I don't find that particularly amusing. Also, I don't laugh at sexist jokes and I don't appreciate being attacked in this forum for expressing concern about my hard-earned money being flushed down the toilet. It is my right and a duty as a shareholder to hold Blackberry's feet to the fire and expect more from their marketing efforts. It does not mean I have no confidence in them, I did put my money where my mouth is after all...
    Don't invest more then you can chew then. If you are going crazy because of what is happening then you invested too much of your money, There is a reason why you should spread ur risk amongst other companies.

Finance 101 UNSYSTEMATIC RISK. Don't like what is happening to BB, open up a finance textbook to solve ur issues. Gotta stop grabbing the pitch forks man, if this was serious as bad of an issue as you claim it to be don't you think the investors or funds with hundreds of millions of dollars invested would do something. I'm sure they have a lot more at stake then you do.

Also, you shouldn't care so much about daily/weekly swings if you are long term. If you were in my position today I'm afraid you might commit suicide. I'm down 25 thousand dollars as of the energy crash today and I'm hardly concerned. Need to relax man and learn how the market works.
    bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-15-13 12:04 PM
    Appreciate the insight. That seems about in line with how I think it's going to play out as well. Unless there is a huge sentiment swing towards BB over summer?
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 12:06 PM

Yeah, ETFs are the perfect tool for controlling the price of gold. Cursed things.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-15-13 12:07 PM
    Not yet. Waiting for a bottom to be found, then scoop some up.
    04-15-13 12:10 PM
    I don't see any rocket engine type acceleration to $16+ values right away. We need positive news and investors buying to create northward swings. I’m hoping the Q10 release will generate some positive news.
    Same here! Q10 looks very polished. I'm rolling with an s3 right now and looking to come back to BBRY. As a big supporter of BB, I think the big adoption by the market (consumers) will be in the future genenerations of the device as the developer base continues to build and the larger app players join the party.

Still a great value play where we are today if you plan to hold Blackberry long (2-3+ years). I imagine in hindsight these prices today are going to look amazing only a short year away and we'll be quoting those analysts who dumped on BB so hard. Buy up those calls!
    04-15-13 12:10 PM
    6 month T bills are up 1%...that and BB are about the only thing green
    04-15-13 12:15 PM
    Now if we can only hold until close. It's been hovering at the same level for quite a while now and I'm not so sure it will withstand the usual 3:30...ish.... sell off.
    04-15-13 12:17 PM
    Midstream is up lol
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-15-13 12:18 PM
    Lol...Bay street is officially panicked....they are now calling today "A Situation".

They should live our BlackBerry for a couple months...this is a situation.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 12:21 PM
    Stop posting things like this! You know some analyst will quote you as an inside source!! lol
    -Shrugs-
    Who cares as long as what we post are clearly impossible exaggerations.
    After all if someone is stupid enough to short the stock based on "Returns exceed preorders". When the actual results come out, the short squeeze will only be more dramatic.

Though I'm hoping we continue to go green for the sake of my call options this week.
    Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 12:21 PM
113,256 ... 680681682683684 ...