View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    NO .................. I cannot comment on that topic and wish I had never mentioned it, I love my wife and our joint assets. I was just testing you people to see if you are focusing on the message here, now carve this message up and eat it. Go BlackBerry go!! Where's my wife?
    What! You love your wife and you wanted the blond as a joint asset? LOL
    04-15-13 08:45 AM
    Not great news here

Reduced: Research In Motion Ltd. (BBRY)
    Yacktman reduced his position with the BlackBerry maker, Research In Motion Ltd. (BBRY) by 52.16%, with a 0.46% impact to his portfolio. The current price is $13.79 with a change from average down 4%. Yacktman Fund holds 2,564,000 shares after the trade. BBRY stock is up 5% over the last 12 months.
    04-15-13 08:46 AM
    NO .................. I cannot comment on that topic and wish I had never mentioned it, I love my wife and our joint assets. I was just testing you people to see if you are focusing on the message here, now carve this message up and eat it. Go BlackBerry go!! Where's my wife?
    Morgan, I think in our age (over 50), the last thing in the world we want to do is to upset the wife because if she got pissed, we may lose everything we got so far, including the kids :-)
    04-15-13 08:47 AM
    Not great news here

Yacktman reduced his position with the BlackBerry maker, Research In Motion Ltd. (BBRY) by 52.16%, with a 0.46% impact to his portfolio. The current price is $13.79 with a change from average down 4%. Yacktman Fund holds 2,564,000 shares after the trade. BBRY stock is up 5% over the last 12 months.
    At least it was only a reduction of position as opposed to a full on pull out. He still holds an impressive number of shares.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 08:51 AM
    Not great news here

What is the date of this?? I thought they got all the way out in January?
    04-15-13 08:56 AM
    Ahhh detroit shopping. This is one of the reasons my darling husband and I SO enjoy living this close to the border.
    In addition to our investing hobbies, shopping frugally is yet another hobby of mine lol.
    After all, we can't be striving for 30+% gains, if we are not striving for the same on the spending side.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 08:57 AM
    Morgan,
    It doesn't matter where you get your appetite from, as long as you come home hungry...
    I thought Prem couldn't buy much more or he would have to denounce from voting or something like that from bbry?
    04-15-13 09:08 AM
    Ahhh detroit shopping. This is one of the reasons my darling husband and I SO enjoy living this close to the border.
    In addition to our investing hobbies, shopping frugally is yet another hobby of mine lol.
    After all, we can't be striving for 30+% gains, if we are not striving for the same on the spending side.
    I couldn't help but watch that TV series about a Pawn Shop in Detroit. Makes a person want to stay far far away!
    04-15-13 09:08 AM
    Morgan,
    It doesn't matter where you get your appetite from, as long as you come home hungry...
    I thought Prem couldn't buy much more or he would have to denounce from voting or something like that from bbry?
    ya something like he has 9.99% ownership or something, parked just under the 10% for strategic purposes
    04-15-13 09:09 AM
    Morgan, I think in our age (over 50), the last thing in the world we want to do is to upset the wife because if she got pissed, we may lose everything we got so far, including the kids :-)
    bigbbrybeliever!!

You are so right, why would I want a high maintenance, energetic, beautiful young lady, that I couldn't possibly keep up with, when I have all of that already? My wife is actually really hot, a tall, slim Italian (note the original black hair) that is smarter than me. Thanks to my investing prowess I believe she is richer than me too! She is everything I need in life but it is nice to look around once in awhile and acknowledge the beauty of our great world. Hey, I'm not racist at all, I like Swedish blonds, Icelandic blonds, African-American blonds and so on, but this young lady had me at BlackBerry, now that's special. My wife could care less about BlackBerry and that's the divide ....... I think we can get over this but it will take much more time and perhaps another blond or two. Thanks for sharing! LOL
    04-15-13 09:12 AM
    You have a great sense of humor. Thanks for bringing that and your technical talents here to share with us.

Now, while I am on a roll. I have to say that I really enjoy the fine folks who are regulars in here. (Even the one's who keep me in-check when I swallow the bait LoL )

Thanks M8 and everyone. Looking forward to the $100/share party.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 04-15-13 at 09:46 AM.
    04-15-13 09:13 AM
    I couldn't help but watch that TV series about a Pawn Shop in Detroit. Makes a person want to stay far far away!
    lol, we go a little further out past Detroit for shopping (about 14 miles out from the downtown core) very safe. Although there's the big GM center in the downtown core where alot of white collar workers are. You get to know the areas and where to stay away from
    lcjr and morganplus8 like this.
    04-15-13 09:13 AM
    Morgan,
    Yeah, I hear you, I enjoy the outings, she likes to see the deer in the wild, a big bird fan too, I'm more focused on the long-legged birds, it all works. I would be silly to think she hasn't come close to racking the car when a handsome guy goes by too! We are really tight, its all in fun.

As for Prem, he can buy the stock today but he has to declare his intentions for the additional shares. Kind of a formality but it is necessary for him to state that he doesn't want to buy the company, otherwise, he could be the one spreading the negative news in order to get it cheap. Plenty of founders own more than 10% of a company throughout their lives, no big deal. We are sitting unchanged after reaching both of my targets this morning. We could finish the day above $ 13.80/shr and head for $ 14.50/shr very quickly here as the volume is very weak. Who in their right mind would want to take this down with BB going after them and looking at every transaction for the past 2 months?
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and MrBurns2U like this.
    04-15-13 09:21 AM
    What! You love your wife and you wanted the blond as a joint asset? LOL
    No, he wanted to have a joint with the blonde because he likes her assets...

Lol
    04-15-13 09:34 AM
    Yeah, I hear you, I enjoy the outings, she likes to see the deer in the wild, a big bird fan too, I'm more focused on the long-legged birds, it all works. I would be silly to think she hasn't come close to racking the car when a handsome guy goes by too! We are really tight, its all in fun.

As for Prem, he can buy the stock today but he has to declare his intentions for the additional shares. Kind of a formality but it is necessary for him to state that he doesn't want to buy the company, otherwise, he could be the one spreading the negative news in order to get it cheap. Plenty of founders own more than 10% of a company throughout their lives, no big deal. We are sitting unchanged after reaching both of my targets this morning. We could finish the day above $ 13.80/shr and head for $ 14.50/shr very quickly here as the volume is very weak. Who in their right mind would want to take this down with BB going after them and looking at every transaction for the past 2 months?
    If Prem was to own anymore shares then the total shareholdings between Prem and Mike would be significant. This would make BBRY an unlikely and/or complex acquisition target and thus reduce the maximum upside potential for Prem's shares of BBRY. With a 10% or less interest, Prem would pursuant to a takeover receive tag along rights via the CBCA, without a takeover, he would need to sell his shares into the market and suffer a blockage discount relative to the going market price.

My comment above only illustrate what Prem could be thinking and not an indicator of what he has planned.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:35 AM
    At least it was only a reduction of position as opposed to a full on pull out. He still holds an impressive number of shares.
    Let's just hope that there isn't a couple of others like him...
    04-15-13 09:36 AM
    It will be interesting to see what happens with BBRY when the April 20th (puts) expiry comes around.
    That'll tell if some of the warning shots have taken some heed.
    04-15-13 09:38 AM
    please don't forget to hit the cowbell when this happens I was waiting for gold to go down (it was so high) for a (10yrs +) long term investment (and I mean bar(s), not tickets)...
    SF, JMHO but investiing in gold and silver scare the heck out of me. Talk about manipulated, and they also have legally traded paper substitutes, GLD and the like. Makes the BBRY manipulation situation and pro/con battle look like child's play. Physical gold has a very high transaction cost getting in and out. I do have some some coin holdings for both metals. However, and I know its been a long, long historical store of value but I wonder if it still does in our world? I think I'd rather have access to food and firewood and the such much more than gold if it hits the fan here in the US. While l I am far from a survivalist or anything like that, and only own a few long guns, I am just not sure what gold does for you in the event of a crisis in the US. You can't eat or heat with it and a gold bar is a dangerous thing to be carrying around when times are rough. Good luck getting change or carrying home a huge pile of food or anything else worth $1,500 or more. My NYC friends with millions in the bank used to chuckle when we would have this conversation, but after hurricane Sandy, they all changed their tune. Their millions couldn't get them electricity, gasoline, ice or heat. Anyway, I don't want to come off as a gun toting, food storing crazy person, but only want to say I really wonder if gold will continue to be the store of value and anti-inflation investment or if it is headed the way of the tulip bulb. Sorry to be so far off topic and JMHO!!!!!
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-15-13 09:38 AM
    Yachtman sold a ton back in January...wish this blurb could be confirmed as recent. The Nasdaq quote only says this quarter...so is that January?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:41 AM
    Yachtman sold a ton back in January...wish this blurb could be confirmed as recent. The Nasdaq quote only says this quarter...so is that January?

Posted via CB10
    Probably sometime in the Jan- March quarter??
    04-15-13 09:44 AM
    Probably sometime in the Jan- March quarter??
    Yeah...not sure, rather vague. I thought I read they totally liquidated their position in January...but that could have been fodder too as that was the big drop down to 12ish lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:50 AM
    It will be interesting to see what happens with BBRY when the April 20th (puts) expiry comes around.
    That'll tell if some of the warning shots have taken some heed.

Speaking of options....I dumped all the rest of my money into $14 calls that expire this week. Got them for $0.36 a piece.
    Where's my rally bbry??!!!
    04-15-13 09:55 AM
    SF, JMHO but investiing in gold and silver scare the heck out of me. Talk about manipulated, and they also have legally traded paper substitutes, GLD and the like. Makes the BBRY manipulation situation and pro/con battle look like child's play. Physical gold has a very high transaction cost getting in and out. I do have some some coin holdings for both metals. However, and I know its been a long, long historical store of value but I wonder if it still does in our world? I think I'd rather have access to food and firewood and the such much more than gold if it hits the fan here in the US. While l I am far from a survivalist or anything like that, and only own a few long guns, I am just not sure what gold does for you in the event of a crisis in the US. You can't eat or heat with it and a gold bar is a dangerous thing to be carrying around when times are rough. Good luck getting change or carrying home a huge pile of food or anything else worth $1,500 or more. My NYC friends with millions in the bank used to chuckle when we would have this conversation, but after hurricane Sandy, they all changed their tune. Their millions couldn't get them electricity, gasoline, ice or heat. Anyway, I don't want to come off as a gun toting, food storing crazy person, but only want to say I really wonder if gold will continue to be the store of value and anti-inflation investment or if it is headed the way of the tulip bulb. Sorry to be so far off topic and JMHO!!!!!
    I think along similar lines. If it ever really hits the fan, which I doubt, I have 110 acres of woodland (with brooks/streams) seperate from my home and summer place. As long as I can have shelter and heat and I can forage, hunt, fish for food I figure I can survive and care for my family.

So long as you're not a serious "Prepper" all is good. LoL
    OMGitworks and rarsen like this.
    04-15-13 09:55 AM
    Can someone, who is familiar with the way the stock market responds to news and rumors, explain to me why the price of BBRY is not going back up? The company, along with Verizon, has strongly dismissed that disgusting returns-higher-than-sales report and is filling an official complaint with the SEC. Why is the market not immediately correcting that 8% plunge late last week? Oh, and while I'm posting this, could I please request that you gentlemen refrain from making sexist innuendos in your posts. I'm sure the women who follow this forum would appreciate not having to skip past cringe-inducing comments left by horny, middle-aged men.
    04-15-13 09:59 AM
    Very much on topic here. Shows that investors in BBRY and other stock also need to see what's going on around them that could affect their investments. Doesn't hurt to have some things consolidated in the home just in case of emergencies, along with a plan on how to get your investment out really quick should you have too. Good post.
    04-15-13 10:00 AM
113,256 ... 677678679680681 ...