View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I knew BBRY was gonna b long. But if it bottoms out again....

Well I'm gonna BUY EVERY SHARE I CAN! Thanks shorts. You will loose in the end but in the mean time I'm gonna enjoy building my position to better celebrate your defeat with
    04-15-13 06:17 AM
    Wowsa ...100.00 bucks in a hour...ouch. Did DF do a prospectus?

Posted via CB10
    Markymark 23 and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 06:19 AM
    Premarket suggest a big bear is expected for the day...
    04-15-13 06:43 AM
    I think it's a head fake...order sizes looks like a predetermined attack.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:48 AM
    I think it's a head fake...order sizes looks like a predetermined attack.

Posted via CB10
    Gap it down, trigger stops right out the gate, and cover some short positions. Would be a smart plan if it were real.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:50 AM
    BlackBerry on TMX is up $0.03 so far.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-15-13 07:30 AM
    BlackBerry on TMX is up $0.03 so far.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    there is no trading in Toronto so anything there before 9.30 means nothing, Nasdaq is the one to watch pre-market and even then the market turns the opposite way all too often, so relax till the trading starts.....
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-15-13 07:49 AM
    Everyone notice we're only 10 away from reaching 500 investors?
    04-15-13 07:55 AM
    Let's start the week off with another chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-15-2013-chart.jpg

Charts are simple now as we try to stabilize and find support. It looks like support is either side of the Bollinger Bands and the 100-dma so look for support in the $ 13.30/shr and closes around the mid- $ 13.60/shr area with a breakout of a small flag formation above $ 13.80/shr.. We start out weak and end strong? Better than looking for a breakout every morning followed by retrenchment.

This weekend we were traveling so I went into two BestBuys and one Verizon, the first BestBuy was in Detroit and a stunning blond came up to me to sell me a phone. I said I was waiting for the new Q10 to come out and proceeded to ask her how BlackBerry sales were going, and if I could have her number. She told me the phone was selling, that her boss was given one to try out for a week and he thought it was better than the iPhone 5. She didn't know too much about it but said that there are several customers like myself asking for "it or the key board model". Really pleasant and positive about the phone but only had the display model out there. The next BestBuy sales guy had the display model out there and seemed to know more about the phone and was going to buy one for himself when his plan allowed the upgrade. He knew about the Q10 and said that many more walk-in consumers were asking when they could get one. Onto the Verizon store, this sales guy was showing the real deal, a white one, had the black one next to it and selling them to a couple. He knew everything about the phone and walked them through all of the features, when he was done, it sounded like he truly felt the phone was so easy to learn all the features. I never thought I would meet someone that knew his stuff that well. Finally, I went into the nearest Costco and talked to the guy there, he says he sells several of them each week and has white and black ones in stock. He shows them together and they are right next to him. He felt they were as easy to sell as any other phone and is waiting to get his Q10 in the months ahead. He said the Hub is what people are buying (80%) the other 20% want the multitasking and speed of the browser. And so my gut feeling is that sales did sound good at all locations if you think 7 - 15 per week is good, I think that is at least a decent showing this late in the launch. The better take-away is that they all like the phone! That's my research .... but, I did ask Costco and Verizon about the returns (forgot to ask the blond) and both said they had none. Interesting?

As for Heins wanting to go after questionable claims about those returns, it has to be coming from Prem Watsa too, I'm surprised Prem doesn't just put the squeeze on the shorts himself. He can buy 40 million shares in a heartbeat and crush them. He just has to announce that he is buying for investment purposes and load up here, he woudn't lose a dime. In the meantime, let's hear from the DoD and their decision to go exclusively with BlackBerry for everything! LOL
    Last edited by morganplus8; 04-15-13 at 08:34 AM.
    04-15-13 08:08 AM
    Yeah, looks like a good buy soon...whenever it finds its bottom
    please don't forget to hit the cowbell when this happens I was waiting for gold to go down (it was so high) for a (10yrs +) long term investment (and I mean bar(s), not tickets)...
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    04-15-13 08:12 AM
    Morgan, you never mentioned whether or not you got the blondes number?

So....?
    04-15-13 08:14 AM
    Good catch. 9 now. LoL
    04-15-13 08:15 AM
    M+8, Did you show her your "chart"?
    04-15-13 08:17 AM
    Was just thinking that bulls might hold off for a while to help blackberry show the damage that the false returns story did. If the stock bounces back rapidly it looks like the story had no impact, but if the bulls sit on the sidelines for a while then maybe blackberry and the sec can make some charges stick by showing real damage to trading. Maybe a couple of weeks To creep back up?
    04-15-13 08:19 AM
    Nice, but where do you get this number from ?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...rrians-782494/ ?
    04-15-13 08:20 AM
    Was just thinking that bulls might hold off for a while to help blackberry show the damage that the false returns story did. If the stock bounces back rapidly it looks like the story had no impact, but if the bulls sit on the sidelines for a while then maybe blackberry and the sec can make some charges stick by showing real damage to trading. Maybe a couple of weeks To creep back up?
    Not sure the bulls would do anything not directly (only ?) related to their earnings Loyalty and finance ... you have to reach this particular thread to match these words !
    04-15-13 08:23 AM
    The poll at the top of the page.
    04-15-13 08:26 AM
    From the number of people that voted "yes" in the poll above. At 491 now.
    04-15-13 08:27 AM
    Not sure the bulls would do anything not directly (only ?) related to their earnings Loyalty and finance ... you have to reach this particular thread to match these words !
    Respectfully... So you are saying only the bears can coordinate?

Edit.... It is a rhetorical question, no reply necessary.
    Last edited by Bugmapper; 04-15-13 at 08:38 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-15-13 08:27 AM
    Lady friend that works at Fido (carrier in Canada) was mentioning that the Z10 is selling really well at her store (major location). In addition, there is quite a bit of buzz for the Q10.

However, she emphasized that Samsung phones are in huge demand.

edit: She also said there was a contest going on at the store for employees to get a free Q10. I think it was the first person to sell 100 phones (any kind).
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-15-13 08:28 AM
    My family goes to shop in Costco every week. Last Saturday, when I was at Costco, I went the mobile phone stand inside the Costco and had a chance to talk the sales person. Following is the conversation:
    Me: Hi, I come here to see how the new Blackberry Z10 is doing and I had one from Verizon. Would you mind I ask you a few questions?
    The Rep: Sure.
    Me: How is the sales of the Z10?
    The Rep: We have had the Z10 just a few weeks, the phone sales is OK but slightly less than we expected.
    Me: What do you mean "OK"? Can you quantify this for me?
    The Rep: We sold a few dozens so far.
    Me: May I understand that you sold one or two per day?
    The Rep: Something like that.
    Me: How was the sales of Z10 comparing with other top brands, such as S3 and iPhone 5?
    The Rep: They are similar (in number).
    Me: Between the white and black model, which one sells better?
    The Rep: The white one.
    Me: Among the three carriers, Verizon, ATT and T-Mobile, which sold the most?
    The Rep: Verizon.
    Me: Oh, could it be that the Verizon is the only one that has the white one while other two only have the black one?
    The Rep: I think it is correct.
    Me: How many Z10 you sold have been returned so far?
    The Rep: Return? No, no one ever returned any Z10 so far.
    Me: Wow, that is the great news. Two days ago, an analyst claimed that the number of Z10 returned is more than the Z10 sold. So it is absolutely not true here?
    The Rep: No, it is not true. We didn't see anyone return (the Z10) so far. Whoever said that is just crazy.
    Me: Thank you very much for your time, and you made my day. And See you next time.
    The Rep: Welcome and see you.

The key info I got is that for a few dozens Z10 they sold in last three weeks, THERE IS NO SINGLE Z10 WAS EVER RETURNED!

P.S. The location of the Costco store is "Orange, CT, USA". Welcome anyone to verify this conversation in case you like to challenge this.
    04-15-13 08:33 AM
    Morgan, you never mentioned whether or not you got the blondes number?

So....?
    NO .................. I cannot comment on that topic and wish I had never mentioned it, I love my wife and our joint assets. I was just testing you people to see if you are focusing on the message here, now carve this message up and eat it. Go BlackBerry go!! Where's my wife?
    04-15-13 08:38 AM
    Didn't take long to bounce back to green
    04-15-13 08:40 AM
    Someone fired up the rocket.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-13 08:41 AM
    Well, we're in the Green at least, but I' know there's always a dip again. Felt good seeing green none the less. Hope everybody has a productive day today.
    04-15-13 08:43 AM
113,250 ... 676677678679680 ...