View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I would guess give this one more week before a slight rally begins on the release of the Q10...
    04-14-13 01:11 PM
    Looks like Cramer changed his way of thinking about buying BBRY:

BlackBerry (BBRY): "If it declines to $12, buy it, if it rises to $15 sell it. That is my game plan with Blackberry, and I'm sticking to it. "

However, I can't say that I like those numbers!! I'm pretty sure that we'd have some pretty pissed off investors if this went to $12 again.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 04-14-13 at 02:23 PM.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-14-13 01:15 PM
    Looks like Cramer changed his way of thinking about buying BBRY:

BlackBerry (BBRY): "If it declines to $12, buy it, if it rises to $15 sell it. That is my game plan with Blackberry, and I'm sticking to it. "

However, I can't say that I like those numbers!! I'm pretty sure that we'd have some pretty pissed off investors if this went to $12 again.
    I would say that both those limits should be about $2 higher. Right now it is a solid buy at <$14 and I feel it *should* be at $16 now and $18 as a [short-term profit] sell
    04-14-13 04:59 PM
    Now ask yourself, how about making that feature in S3 and Iphone5? You probably can but not with their current line up of hardware ( or it would be super slow ). Perhaps the S4 with its 8 cores. Even then, lets see how the 3million ( I read somewhere it's 8 ) OS codes work in that scenario. Try to copy the Balance feature into the S4. That would mean you have to have you a similar OS running in parallel, on standby ready to called in a microsecond. Now we have 6 million codes running, and remember these are without the apps. Memory limitations would be in play and so as battery usage. Putting more hardware would be expensive.
    Your technical understanding seems like it is derived from reading other postings on the Internet. As a B.Sc, let me tell you that there isn't a massive advantage to BlackBerry for using a QNX core. It is good, and I think it was better for BlackBerry than adopting android but we really need to stop repeating this erroneous information.
    Also there is a number of sandbox solutions for iPhone and Android that work well even though it is not Balance.

Posted via CB10
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    04-14-13 05:25 PM
    Your technical understanding seems like it is derived from reading other postings on the Internet. As a B.Sc, let me tell you that there isn't a massive advantage to BlackBerry for using a QNX core. It is good, and I think it was better for BlackBerry than adopting android but we really need to stop repeating this erroneous information.
    Also there is a number of sandbox solutions for iPhone and Android that work well even though it is not Balance.

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure what the reference to B.Sc. is. Are you indicating that you have a B.Sc. in a computer science field? (which is a good degree to have).

I am thinking that it what you mean but I wanted clarification.

Thanks.
    04-14-13 05:59 PM
    04-14-13 06:37 PM
    I am not sure what the reference to B.Sc. is. Are you indicating that you have a B.Sc. in a computer science field? (which is a good degree to have).

I am thinking that it what you mean but I wanted clarification.

Thanks.
    Even a B.Sc in CS wouldn't make that opinion worth anything.

If he had a masters, maybe.
    04-14-13 07:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps it is true that my understanding of technology is just thru other postings on the internet. Perhaps it is not. I never claimed anything except that I work with RTOS. And I know how they perform in Industrial environment. Btw, good for you that you have a B.Sc.

Now I did not say that Balance is the next greatest thing in smartphone security. All I am saying it's a different approach than what solutions are out there for IOS and Android. Is Balance the only right thing ? I did not say that either. On Balance, the verdict is still out there and the market will eventually decide. They are going against Airwatch and others which are well entrenched.

What I said earlier was if S3 or IOS was to implement a similar feature like Balance ( having two OS running parallel ) it would probably be difficult with their current hardware because of the number of lines of the OS codes. It was just a logical assumption. Perhaps you have first hand experience in this technology and can share us your knowledge in sand boxing using the Balance approach or if IOS and Android is capable of doing a similar tech with current hardware they got right now.

TIA.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 04-15-13 at 09:11 AM.
    04-14-13 07:29 PM
    Interesting conversations going on in here. I'm wondering if we'll see any positive increases in the SP this week or if it will take a few weeks. Just curious what the media will be saying now that BB is taking a stand.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-14-13 10:38 PM
    04-14-13 10:43 PM
    Interesting conversations going on in here. I'm wondering if we'll see any positive increases in the SP this week or if it will take a few weeks. Just curious what the media will be saying now that BB is taking a stand.
    The media is purely focused on the US market right now, for a few weeks I have not seen anything in regards to world-wide sales or demand... This could be a positive (if indeed it is doing well overseas) as it could come as a great surprise to add to the ER. I'm really hoping they are doing well world-wide. This stock is def testing my patience. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we have another great ER but loss in subscribers which flattens the SP again :/ By that time I might think of giving it one more quarter to work with (which would include more detailed sales on the Q10 and possible updates on new phone devices).
    04-14-13 10:51 PM
    Nothing but a fan concept video.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and q649 like this.
    04-14-13 11:13 PM
    Yeah, just curious how the media is going to react this week. I know the ER will be fine, I'm more interested in the PRESS aspect.
    04-14-13 11:16 PM
    Press will follow as per UK launch. First no line ups. Then modest sales. We didnt see the return story there but the next will be reduced prices show lack of demand, although that didn't seem to gain too much traction last time. Then there will be talk of 'channel stuffing' and lack of sell through. Rinse and repeat for the Q10. Numbers will continue to surprise to the upside IMHO and eventually the facts will force the shorts out.
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    04-14-13 11:41 PM
    The worst thing about the 'drop' in UK prices is that weren't they just going back to their original prices? They actually hiked up the prices for a bit instead due to high demand!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-15-13 12:01 AM
    Just like the amazon numbers for the us. Someone else here broke that down awhile ago and the overall two year costs were the same as 199 up front compared to 99 at amazon
    04-15-13 12:08 AM
    Nice interview here with Alec Saunders on NBC via rapidberry

Especially near the beginning when he shuts down the chick on the panel from Techcrunch.

Alec Saunders, VP Developer Relations, speaks to NBC Press | RapidBerry
    plane6065, bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    04-15-13 01:18 AM
    Ok...first trades are red ones this morning...not a big fan of red these days. Down 1% already
    04-15-13 04:47 AM
    Ok...first trade is a red one this morning...not a big fan of red these days.
    Holy eager Beaver. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-15-13 04:56 AM
    Holy eager Beaver. Lol.

Posted via CB10

Lol...Perhaps they haven't read about the earnings upgrades...
    04-15-13 04:59 AM
    Well for those of us that own BB.TO, we should gain a few cents per share as the CDN dollar dropped a little

Posted via CB10
    Bilaal and BlackistheBerry like this.
    04-15-13 05:52 AM
    Ouch down. 33 already. Not a very good start today. Might hit 12 something at this rate
    04-15-13 06:04 AM
    Ouch down. 33 already. Not a very good start today. Might hit 12 something at this rate
    Yip...definitely not going well.
    04-15-13 06:05 AM
    Gold is getting pounded.... gold bugs are gonna cry today.