• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Too expensive for El Paso... lol

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    04-12-13 04:28 PM
    You didn't get me upset. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express it here. Actually, it's healthy to get different perspectives on a topic. Not sure who Ruth Chris is but I'm about to take off work and head to Wing Daddy's for a Blue Moon beer and some spicy wings.

Edit: Ruth Chris = Steak House?? Don't have one here in El Paso.
    Excellent choice. And if you ever get a chance to eat at a Ruth Chris, do it and don't think twice.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-12-13 04:28 PM
    Most the BBRY/Blackberry news I read from multiple sources is also negative. People her grab onto a single thing and think that is why BBRY is not doing well.

I will say it again and I know it will get me flamed and hurt others feelings but I do not think most people could give a rat's a$$ about Blackberry. Most who used to use it had hardware problems or their company quit issuing them and they moved on.

At the same time, due to a downturn in the economy here and elsewhere. The entire smartphone market is in a little slump making things even worst for someone trying to introduce new hardware with a new OS.

Sorry for any typos but already had a few Jack Daniels and it is near time to visit Ruth Chris. I really hope Blackberry does well in the days to come but if I were a betting man . . . . I just can't see them all of a sudden taking off.

Sorry guys, please accept this as only my objective opinion. I know some will get very mad at my words, for those, I am sorry.
    Nope, you won't get flamed for this. It's an objective opinion. I agree with the news, and the fact that a lot of Americans don't care but I do believe that the world does not start and end with the US market. I also don't believe that the downturn in the economy will have a negative effect on smartphone sales... not a meaningful one anyway. People will sacrifice a lot to have what they want. Here in Canada, you see a lot of "poor" people with iPhones and big screen tv's etc. If you want it, you will find a way, and with subsidized contracts, they aren't really considered a luxury item anymore.

Have a great night Greg and enjoy the meal. Have some great wine and great food and know that it was paid for by your timing and willingness to gamble on BlackBerry
    04-12-13 04:29 PM
    Too expensive for El Paso... lol

Posted via CB10
    Yep, they have a Cattleman's here that will rock your world though. Steaks as big a Texas itself and eating one will send you over the edge. Nobody can finish what they load your plate down with. Then outside they have a real rattlesnake pit you can watch and what used to be a movie filming place with the props still there. Ok, that's it for El Paso. God, somebody get me out of here.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 04:32 PM
    Most the BBRY/Blackberry news I read from multiple sources is also negative. People her grab onto a single thing and think that is why BBRY is not doing well.

I will say it again and I know it will get me flamed and hurt others feelings but I do not think most people could give a rat's a$$ about Blackberry. Most who used to use it had hardware problems or their company quit issuing them and they moved on.

At the same time, due to a downturn in the economy here and elsewhere. The entire smartphone market is in a little slump making things even worst for someone trying to introduce new hardware with a new OS.

Sorry for any typos but already had a few Jack Daniels and it is near time to visit Ruth Chris. I really hope Blackberry does well in the days to come but if I were a betting man . . . . I just can't see them all of a sudden taking off.

Sorry guys, please accept this as only my objective opinion. I know some will get very mad at my words, for those, I am sorry.
    There is nothing to be mad about. Some of your points are probably true, e.g. not many people are interested in Blackberry yet (I own an iphone before the Z10 btw), but I don't agree 100% that BBRY won't go up anytime soon (a few quarters). Lets assume that consumer interests in the future remain same as today, BBRY will continue to make a small profit as last quarter, how long do you think shorts are willing to hold on? May be one or two more quarters? So, when they recover, would the stock not go up? BTW, as one iphone user to another, you should try out the Z10 if you haven't - it is freaking awesome!
    04-12-13 04:34 PM
    You didn't get me upset. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express it here. Actually, it's healthy to get different perspectives on a topic. Not sure who Ruth Chris is but I'm about to take off work and head to Wing Daddy's for a Blue Moon beer and some spicy wings.

Edit: Ruth Chris = Steak House?? Don't have one here in El Paso.
    Thanks Sir,
    I HIGHLY recommend the Cowboy steak. There are no words to describe it!
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    04-12-13 04:38 PM
    Yep, they have a Cattleman's here that will rock your world though. Steaks as big a Texas itself and eating one will send you over the edge. Nobody can finish what they load your plate down with. Then outside they have a real rattlesnake pit you can watch and what used to be a movie filming place with the props still there. Ok, that's it for El Paso. God, somebody get me out of here.
    LOL! I must visit this El Paso for sure.

I am gone for now, thanks everyone for allowing me to "air it out".
    cjcampbell and Bugmapper like this.
    04-12-13 04:39 PM
    I really hope Blackberry does well in the days to come but if I were a betting man . . . . I just can't see them all of a sudden taking off.
    I would also agree that based on today's price actions longs are going to be the whipping boy of the shorts for a while longer. It was amazing that the rebuttal statement by BlackBerry didn't move the needle at all.

We will likely be in a trading range for a while. Shorts will allow/permit the stock price to rise only to profit later by short the stock at a later date. They will ride BBRY like any parasite - keeping the host alive long enough to maximize personal benefits. If your long BBRY you had better be ready for no significant gains until BlackBerry changes course. For example, a licensing agreement, partnership, and/or real takeover offer.

Rant over.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 04:52 PM
    A lot of talk about short manipulation... has anyone talked about the Phantom shares these brokers produce. With a high volume stock like bbry, they just match buyers and sellers within that brokers dark pool. When there is an offset in the match, they have to go to the markets to add or dump shares. According to Reg Sho rules, they have 30 days to cover the mismatch.... so in theory, that means they can have an offset of 30 days where shares don't actually exist. These rules have gotten better, as it used to be 90 days. Like mentioned before, lower volumes will be the best cure for this. Another reason why buy and hold is the only advantage a small investor has.

Powered by QNX
    04-12-13 05:10 PM
    No problem here. I have a longer time frame here so I can wait til TH's vision of internet of things unravel. Besides they just need to capture a small market share to be profitable. Remember, it only takes a spark to start a wildfire.

And with MS desktop sales continuing to slump, which of course directly relates to HP, Dell, Lenovo I can't see any reason why a partnership with BB would not materialize as they are being left out by competition.

MS could just swallow up BB entirely with its hoards of fund, and could one up Big G and Apple in terms of security, enterprise presence and global network operation, in a single signature.....hahaha just dreaming on a Friday afternoon.

Have a good weekend everyone.

04-12-13 05:28 PM
    More details on Detwiler & Fenton. Sounds like they are running quite the "honest" operation over there...

BlackBerry to ask regulators to probe report on returns - Yahoo! Finance

Since 2007, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the industry body that oversees broker-dealers, has fined Detwiler over $250,000 and has cited it for several compliance violations over the past decade.

In December 2011, FINRA sanctioned Detwiler for failing to properly supervise its employees and for allowing its brokers to make more trades than necessary in clients' accounts to boost commissions during a period between 2006 and 2009.

In 2007, the firm, which was then called Detwiler Mitchell Fenton & Graves, settled administrative proceedings that the SEC brought against it for failing to supervise Bradford Bleidt, a former employee who had been simultaneously running a $30 million Ponzi scheme.
    04-12-13 05:45 PM
    Remember folks, if you plan to stay long... Checking this stock everyday is not the best idea, unless a breakthrough news release comes out... 1 year minimum!
    04-12-13 05:46 PM
    More details on Detwiler & Fenton. Sounds like they are running quite the "honest" operation over there...

[B]
    Maybe this will go somewhere after all...
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-12-13 05:55 PM

[B]
    Thanks for this. Sounds like a sketchy bunch.
    04-12-13 06:01 PM
    so, a firm makes millions or billions running a scam, then gets fined $250,000?
    doesn't sound like they really want to end this BS, does it?
    bungaboy and s0be like this.
    04-12-13 06:04 PM
    Maybe so but the fine might not represent their whole loss. If proof was found, what's stopping other suits from being brought to them?
    04-12-13 06:07 PM
    The Detwiler Fenton Web Site says he is on the Board. Yet on the Board page he is gone.
    LOL...so basically he sold cell phones and can perform a basic biopsy on a lab mouse

In all seriousness...I got my CFA with a couple weeknight courses and a really easy test 20 years ago...never used it, did it for fun.

Here is the thing...if someone is going to be taken seriously, especially when discussing financial issues they should hold expertise and experience that would qualify them as "experts" in a Queens Bench trial (here in Canada) or Federal case (states). This fellow certainly could not meet that criteria.

I know...in a perfect world lol

I think the big money will help with his legal fee's because if they nail the turkey it has wide implications for all of their tricks...don't be disappointed when he gets off...sucks but true.
    bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    04-12-13 06:09 PM
    sorry, forgot my manners....Happy Friday
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    04-12-13 06:10 PM
    I'm sure there are many more firms just like them due to this slap on the wrist type punishment.

Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 06:13 PM
    I'm sure there are many more firms just like them due to this slap on the wrist type punishment.
    Yes...look up a fellow by the name of Michael Degroot, I personally watched as he made over 70 million dollars inside trading on his company Laidlaw. He got caught, moved to the states and started Republic Waste...his fine (which took 3 years to come through) was less than .6% of his profit...sad but true. I would almost guarantee Detwiler is making loads and really don't care about the fines...they are just a small expendable piece of turd anyway.
    bungaboy and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    04-12-13 06:24 PM
    sorry, forgot my manners....Happy Friday
    I am drinking this right now.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000187.jpg

Edit: on third one. And second glass of red wine.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 04-12-13 at 06:46 PM.
    04-12-13 06:26 PM
    BTW, it's "Ruth's Chris" not "Ruth Chris".
    04-12-13 06:32 PM
    Here is to the 13.50 options getting squished today

04-12-13 06:57 PM
    If this can be proved in the court that the analyst report was willing-fully falsified, it could spell big trouble for Detwiler Fenton.
    First, Detwiler Fenton cannot defend that they have no financial interest by doing so because if it were true than whom the analyst services to and what the purpose of the report.
    Once Blackberry win this battle, then shareholder class action law suit will be immediately filled by some hungry law firm in USA as well as in Canada. When the shareholders win the class action, then Detwiler Fenton has to go bankrupt protection because it doesn't have enough equity to pay for judgement.
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    04-12-13 07:01 PM
    Have a great weekend errrybody. I'm feelin good that BB has responded, very good! What an interesting week, next week will be another ride!

04-12-13 07:21 PM
113,256 ... 671672673674675 ...