View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    CNBC is about talk about it again and stated before commercial break Blackberry is fuming over the analyst call regarding the Z10 returns.
    Can someone please provide cliff notes after this happens?
    04-12-13 01:39 PM
    Is BBRY not sliding on the TO exchange these last 2 days as well?
    Because we (CDNS) tend to follow the news down south. Maybe if BBRY wasn't on the NASDAQ, th big US hedge funds wouldn't be "as invested" in creating these alleged false stories and we could leave the performance of the stock up to the merits and performance of the actual product.

I know it's overimplifying things... it's just imho, I'm a rookie and could be way out to lunch on that.
    bungaboy likes this.
    I'm down $424 and am wondering if I should sell and take that loss and buy back in right now at these low prices. Right now my average is $15.08. Anybody else do that??
    I personally would leave it. I'm down, a bit too, but I've been in worse situations. If you where to buy back again, it might not make much of a difference, this stock is probably not going to go anywhere for a few weeks.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    A bit off topic, but bear with me and you'll see where I am going -
    How many people on this forum have STOPPED watching CNBC because of perceived biased reporting ?
    If more than 2 people respond with a "YES", would I be OK to release a statement stating that viewers are leaving CNBC because of poor reporting ?
    Wonder what would be the reaction from CNBC if it got picked up by the media ?
    (I do not intend to do it, but just wondering on the legal/ethical position if I did)
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-12-13 01:45 PM
    a wee angel keeps coming in at 1/10000 on the order side at $13.38 (doing it's come and go thing) keeping
    this puppy stable for now.
    fedakd and dusdal like this.
    04-12-13 01:45 PM
    I've gone from up 1000% (via options) to up 300% to up 700% to up 400%. It happens. I have sat through all of this because i think options can take me well past a 1000% gain. Next run up though, I will sell of a piece of my options though (expect for those that expire in 2015)
    04-12-13 01:46 PM
    Todays dip has little to do with the rumors, more to do with it being Friday and only bad news where ever you read.

Most disturbing is a lack of interest in everyone except existing BB users. My friend at AT&T said they did not even get more in this week as their inventory has not moved.
    I don't want to pile on, but the lack of interest, buzz of even acknowledgment that BBRY has a new phone in my area is deafening. I am the only one I know who has it. For me it is even more disturbing that a launch event and great ER, both of which should have propelled the stock upward didn't. I wonder what is left to push BBRY higher? BBRY seems to be repeating the same mistakes with the Q10 as to no release dates, staggered launch and the like. They are going to need some massive corporate and gov't orders and announce them to regain momentum. It's doable but I don't get the lack of any urgency. Perhaps their patience is warranted in the long run. It may well be, its just hard to sit by and watch them get eaten alive in the stock market and possibly in the phone market too.
    04-12-13 01:47 PM
    Can someone please provide cliff notes after this happens?
    First analyst talked briefly about the false allegation situation. He noted that the stock has dipped after an ER that had some positives and negatives (Yea, OK. Blowing away expectations was an OK feat apparently).

Next stock analyst stated that it is unlikely that BB will press actual charges and win, as it is difficult to prove manipulation. He also stated that he believed that the Z10 was NOT the make or break product for BB as they have tons of cash and more devices coming out in the future and aren't going anywhere. It's best to wait a couple more quarters. Blonde reporter is hot and her accent just makes it overthetop! WOW.

Funny, EVERYTHING is now focused on the US media and US market... Nothing talking about world-wide sales. Can't wait for June, I bet there will be some surprises. I understand the US is important, but the focus right now is too strong on this market from an investor and analyst perspective. You guys seem to be falling for the Media's trap

I'm with Prem Watsa on this one. Long and strong.

Also, for those asking about Morgan's analysis. He stated yesterday that there is nothing to worry about unless the stock dips below yesterday's low...
    Last edited by Kid Vibe; 04-12-13 at 01:59 PM.
    If the next er is solid this stock is going to SOARRRRRRRR. You can only bull**** for so long
    Kid Vibe, La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    Morgan; if you're able to, would you mind chiming in with your thoughts on today's activity?
    He's gone on vacation. Funny how every time we have a drop in the stock he is awol. Probably laughing his way to the bank.

Posted via CB10
    drummer_god likes this.
    04-12-13 01:48 PM
    Because we (CDNS) tend to follow the news down south. Maybe if BBRY wasn't on the NASDAQ, th big US hedge funds wouldn't be "as invested" in creating these alleged false stories and we could leave the performance of the stock up to the merits and performance of the actual product.

I know it's overimplifying things... it's just imho, I'm a rookie and could be way out to lunch on that.
    Sorry I was being sarcastic. No doubt they trade in tandem and if they didn't (excluding currency fluctuations) the arbitragers would have a field day.

I would argue that you are right, many US funds and citizens would not invest in BBRY if it wasn't listed here. I think the lack of access to that market and the liquidity it brings would outweigh any actual "manipulation" that went on (and/or that the good folks at the trading firms in TO would do the same if they had exclusive rights up north) but that is certainly open to debate. Thansk.
    m0de25 likes this.
    04-12-13 01:51 PM
    He's gone on vacation. Funny how every time we have a drop in the stock he is awol. Probably laughing his way to the bank.

Posted via CB10
    Now that's funny....
    LuckyJP likes this.
    04-12-13 01:52 PM
    Just want to share that I sent out a limit buy order at 13.46 in case that the option writers push the SP to the 13.50 line. If it is filled, then I will send out another limit buy order at 13.01 in case that they want to push the SP to the 13 strike line. One or both the orders if they get filled, shall make some quick money for me in the coming week.
    P.S. Above is just my trading strategy which may or may not work.
    Since I made the above post, I went for a meeting. When I was back to my computer, the 13.46 buy order was filled and then the SP was ast 13.57 (bid). I immediately sold the shares at 13.57.
    No much only 500 shares but made a net $40 gain after taking out the $10 commission and I will spend the $40 on a sea food restaurant tonight.
    I will buy it back again if it goes below 13.38.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    04-12-13 01:55 PM
    Here is the video from earlier in the day.

BlackBerry Seeks Investigation of Analyst - CNBC
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    04-12-13 01:56 PM
    Since I made the above post, I went for a meeting. When I was back to my computer, the 13.46 buy order was filled and then the SP was ast 13.57 (bid). I immediately sold the shares at 13.57.
    No much only 500 shares but made a net $40 gain after taking out the $10 commission and I will spend the $40 on a sea food restaurant tonight.
    I will buy it back again if it goes below 13.38.
    Wow ! $40 eh?....Enjoy those shrimp!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 01:58 PM
    Here is the video from earlier in the day.

BlackBerry Seeks Investigation of Analyst - CNBC
    Amazing! 100% support for the analyst.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 02:01 PM
    How would that make any difference? You'd enssentially be buying at the same price you sold, and would still be out the $424.
    Capital loss = save on taxes! (Yes if you gain it back u pay in current year but u can defer losses till a later year when u are being ttaxed higher)
    04-12-13 02:01 PM
    Second one is better

BlackBerry's Analyst Battle On Z10 - CNBC
    04-12-13 02:06 PM
    Capital loss = save on taxes! (Yes if you gain it back u pay in current year but u can defer losses till a later year when u are being ttaxed higher)
    Not in Canada. If you purchase within 30 days you have a superficial loss and you can't claim that for capital loss. You can however add the "Loss" to the cost of your new purchase and thus when you sell next time. And don't repurchase, you can claim a capital loss.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:10 PM
    04-12-13 02:11 PM
    Here is the interview

BlackBerry's Analyst Battle On Z10 - CNBC
    bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    04-12-13 02:14 PM
    I'm not even surprised. You have to consider the source.

However, I do think that the guy that they interviewed finished it on a high note.
    04-12-13 02:16 PM
    04-12-13 02:17 PM
    How would that make any difference? You'd enssentially be buying at the same price you sold, and would still be out the $424.
    My thanks button is missing but I appreciate the response. I hear ya, but my thoughts are if I buy in lower and the SP goes real high in the future, wouldn't I be better off if my average was $13.65 instead of $17.08??
    04-12-13 02:18 PM
    04-12-13 02:21 PM
113,256 ... 668669670671672 ...