View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Things like this happen all the time and I hate to say it but very seldom will anything come from the investigation. It is all about dealing with the market.
    as long as the SEC's main victory seems to be Martha Stewart, yes they are not of much help...
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 10:27 AM
    Things like this happen all the time and I hate to say it but very seldom will anything come from the investigation. It is all about dealing with the market.
    But it gives the SEC something to do and the rebuttal generates more news which could draw in more interests. BB could use what happened to their advantage if they wanted. Media is a powerful source of power and/or destruction.
    04-12-13 10:28 AM
    I know, but it's free publicity nonetheless. Good or bad.

I feel sorry though for those poor guys who had stop losses and got wiped out by the avalanche of sellers, created by the false news. To be able to bring BB and Verizon out of their meetings to make a statement, ahh they (DF) must have ruffled some feathers. Too bad I don't play the daily swings, could have made some serious dough. But things can change...haha

bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 10:30 AM
    Attachment 150535

No dips today suckers
    Was just about to report it ... no coffee for bulls today !
    Damm ... ok, I won't buy either ...
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 10:31 AM
    Might be true. But things that happen all the time doesn't make it right. It will only continue if we all accept it as "normal". One of the things that I repeat periodically to my students and post-doctoral fellows is that, rules, dogmas, paradigms, and the norms are meant to be broken because our job is to discover things that are out of ordinary. So, if I was to have any say in these shady tactics, I would say kill it. The law is there for a reason, why not use it.
    lcjr and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-12-13 10:33 AM
    LOL The US markets are a joke. Why does the US hate a free and open stock exchange? Time to leave the US exchange IMO
    04-12-13 10:38 AM
    Attachment 150544
    interesting....
    Sorry, but could you please elaborate a little I don't even know what this table represents *oops*
    04-12-13 10:38 AM
    Might be true. But things that happen all the time doesn't make it right. It will only continue if we all accept it as "normal". One of the things that I repeat periodically to my students and post-doctoral fellows is that, rules, dogmas, paradigms, and the norms are meant to be broken because our job is to discover things that are out of ordinary. So, if I was to have any say in these shady tactics, I would say kill it. The law is there for a reason, why not use it.
    Surely worth the money they'll spend into it. At least.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 10:40 AM
    Sorry, but could you please elaborate a little I don't even know what this table represents *oops*
    It's a snapshot of the flow of orders for bbry (buy on the left, sell on the right)
    It seemed to hold around 13.75, but now it's at 13.70 and looks like a quick ride down from there to chew through those low ball numbers of the buy side.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-12-13 10:42 AM
    Someone makes a false claim and the stock plunges over 1$. These claims dispusted as "false" stock up 0.20c. Great country we live in.
    It's sad but the good people of the US has been hijacked by the corporate criminal elite . These people hate democracy and free markets. It's time for Blackberry to leave for another Exchange.
    Looks like Detwiler Fenton removed Jeff Johnston from their webpage. Guess he's being thrown under the bus by his firm lol.
    LOL The US markets are a joke. Why does the US hate a free and open stock exchange? Time to leave the US exchange IMO
    Not sure how much you know about the US, but I can tell you that after living here for 10 years, my percept of it is completely different from the time I was still living in Canada. I don't know if the TSX is any better than the NYSE.
    04-12-13 10:44 AM
    At 4k shares, he stole from me and my family, I feel like marching over to his office and not leaving till I get a cheque for 5k in my hand
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 10:47 AM
    Not to go too far off topic..

...and this probably doesn't involve users on mobile versions of the forum....

...but...

cjcampbell, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 10:47 AM
    Looks like Detwiler Fenton removed Jeff Johnston from their webpage. Guess he's being thrown under the bus by his firm lol.
    Was it there to begin with?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:49 AM
    Was it there to begin with?

Posted via CB10
    He was a Managing Director so he would have been under the board members. Funny, his LinkedIn profile shows up on Google, but when you click on it, it says it doesn't exist.
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 10:53 AM
    Here's some new UK news regarding contracts... O2 Refresh - The way forward for UK contracts? | CrackBerry.com
    04-12-13 10:54 AM
    he no doubt received a nice pay day before leaving.
    fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 10:54 AM
    It's sad but the good people of the US has been hijacked by the corporate criminal elite . These people hate democracy and free markets. It's time for Blackberry to leave for another Exchange.
    They will probably list on the Shanghai exchange, right? Everyone knows how free and open those markets are compared to the US.
    04-12-13 10:56 AM
    If Jeff Johnston got fired, he deserved it. But the damage has been done already.
    lcjr, gohan_bcc and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 10:57 AM
    He was a Managing Director so he would have been under the board members. Funny, his LinkedIn profile shows up on Google, but when you click on it, it says it doesn't exist.
    He's probably trying to cut his links, to the people involved. At least that's what I would do...
    He probably did not expect this move from BB, seeing others were getting away too easily before.

Hope all those info were backed up or cached somewhere. This would be interesting if indeed he's deleting his internet trails.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 10:58 AM
    Not sure how much you know about the US, but I can tell you that after living here for 10 years, my percept of it is completely different from the time I was still living in Canada. I don't know if the TSX is any better than the NYSE.
    Theses companies would still do what they do. Not being listed in the US would be a big blow for BBRY. I doubt they would do that to themselves. Perhaps Prem will try to convince them to to that, but Fairfax is a a completely different and differently structured company than BBRY.
    04-12-13 10:58 AM
    I know, but it's free publicity nonetheless. Good or bad.

I feel sorry though for those poor guys who had stop losses and got wiped out by the avalanche of sellers, created by the false news. To be able to bring BB and Verizon out of their meetings to make a statement, ahh they (DF) must have ruffled some feathers. Too bad I don't play the daily swings, could have made some serious dough. But things can change...haha
    I was one of these...kinda. I had a short term play in one of my portfolios that got triggered at $13.92, highly annoying as I still have about two weeks on how long I wanted to play that trade. Oh well, you win some you lose some, I got a $50 Verizon Call option that I bought for 0.11 thats now trading at $1.00
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 11:00 AM
    He's probably trying to cut his links, to the people involved. At least that's what I would do...
    He probably did not expect this move from BB, seeing others were getting away too easily before.

Hope all those info were backed up or cached somewhere. This would be interesting if indeed he's deleting his internet trails.
    In end, the firm is responsible because he published the report under their name. If there are no hard facts and numbers, the firm will pay the penalty, which in the end, they will go after him.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 11:01 AM
    From another thread (just in case you missed it ) Quite a lucky guy, with a great phone too !
    Police: Belt buckle saves employee hit by stray bullet inside Philadelphia grocery store | Fox News
    04-12-13 11:01 AM
113,250 ... 664665666667668 ...