View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Guys ... anyone noticed ?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    04-12-13 09:08 AM
    This is a little different. The reporting entity for the DoD article claimed to have had a "source" that they don't need to reveal so they could claim they were simply reporting what they heard. In this case, it was a bear side firm that released this directly. In this case, they will need to show their "research" and prove that they were not being malicous and manipulative as they were the source of the research and can't hide behind any privilege.
    His mistake was having the interview on BNN where he reiterated the bullsh!t. Now he can't argue, "those articles misquoted what I said!".
    04-12-13 09:10 AM
    The best outcome would be the press coverage. I really doubt there will be any fines.

If this analyst's report was not refuted the information could have been interpreted by potential BlackBerry subscribers as true and prevented them from buying a BlackBerry device.
    Posted via CB10
    It's been picked up by Fox Business and Reuters now. Right, even if no legal settlemt comes out of it, hopefully BB's actions would make others think twice before putting out reports without back-up
    m0de25, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    Wow. BlackBerry comes out to say the allegations are false but BBRY has not yet fully recovered. Based on the current SP, the market is still on the analyst's side of the trade.

Posted via CB10
    With options expiring today BBRY might be held below $14. Just my 2 cents.
    Just as an aside, I thought I'd make mention that 4 of the top 6 thanked on CB are regulars here on this thread Well done guys
    04-12-13 09:13 AM
    Just as an aside, I thought I'd make mention that 4 of the top 6 thanked on CB are regulars here on this thread Well done guys
    How do you see this lol
    04-12-13 09:18 AM
    How do you see this lol
    Top right of the page... it is under "Member Shoutouts" It shows the top posters and top thanked.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 09:20 AM
    Top right of the page... it is under "Member Shoutouts" It shows the top posters and top thanked.
    Holy balls how did i graduate. /facepalm self
    lcjr, cjcampbell, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    04-12-13 09:22 AM
    04-12-13 09:24 AM
    Perhaps libel in a civil court? Since it was refuted anyway by the DoD themselves. Like I said it was at a critical time and knowing that the DoD is one of BB's largest client it is important it be cleared. Not really familiar with legal matters but just stating an opinion.

I don't mind BB spending some $ against these people.
    It ain't gonna stop these type of activities but at least they'll think twice before putting out info from unreliable sources.

I remember Oprah defending herself in a Texas court when she stated something in her show when the Mad cow outbreak was at its height at the time. She eventually won, but the cattle industry forced her hand.

This is a little different. The reporting entity for the DoD article claimed to have had a "source" that they don't need to reveal so they could claim they were simply reporting what they heard. In this case, it was a bear side firm that released this directly. In this case, they will need to show their "research" and prove that they were not being malicous and manipulative as they were the source of the research and can't hide behind any privilege.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 09:29 AM
    Guys ... anyone noticed ?
    Saw that yesterday, Great stuff.

Inch by inch . . . . .
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-12-13 09:31 AM
    About F^cking time the BlackBerry corporate folks fight back. Nail those crooked bastards who are manipulating the market. Kick @ss!
    04-12-13 09:32 AM
    Last line in the article: "Anne Buckley, a spokeswoman for Detwiler Fenton, didn’t immediately return a message seeking comment."

That's because she was in the bathroom cleaning up, after shi++ing her pants!
    04-12-13 09:38 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-04-12-10.39.24-am.png

No dips today suckers
    04-12-13 09:40 AM
    whoooooooooooo!
    BlackBerry asking for probe is the second best news of the year for me.
    (First best was when BB10 was finally released on Jan 30th)
    lcjr, Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 09:43 AM
    Hope it closes 14.01...that would be a financial kick in the yatzze for those boys...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 09:48 AM
    With options expiring today BBRY might be held below $14. Just my 2 cents.
    Judging by the stall in the $13.80 area, I think you might be right.
    04-12-13 09:52 AM
    Great write up by Chris U on the front page blog...

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    04-12-13 10:02 AM
    BlackBerry disputes 'false and misleading' Z10 returns report - Business - CBC News

Canada's biggest news outlet, CBC reports the false case too.

Also, BB is claiming that the Q10 has the longest lasting battery in the market on the FB page...
    Charles Martin1, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 10:08 AM
    Someone makes a false claim and the stock plunges over 1$. These claims dispusted as "false" stock up 0.20c. Great country we live in.
    Markymark 23 and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 10:14 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-snap-2013-04-12-11.14.06.png
    interesting....
    04-12-13 10:15 AM
    Someone makes a false claim and the stock plunges over 1$. These claims dispusted as "false" stock up 0.20c. Great country we live in.
    It's sad indeed, but you know what... I look at the false claim from a slightly positive angle. With BB disputing the claim, the media gets a black mark for their reports on the company... I really, really hope this dispute blows up. It is needed to help the general population realize what is going on and hopefully have the sheep investors out there to stop and think next time they read an article.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 10:16 AM
    Things like this happen all the time and I hate to say it but very seldom will anything come from the investigation. It is all about dealing with the market.
    La Emperor likes this.
    04-12-13 10:22 AM
    They played and timed the "report" perfectly. They piggybacked on the Amazon "price cut" on the z10 which is verifiable and true to add credence to their "report." I for one can't wait to see what channel checks they actually did. I know they will be laughable, I just wonder if they will be so poor as to be illegal. You almost never get back all that was taken, you can restore some of the damage but getting back 100% is very unusual.
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    04-12-13 10:24 AM
    Things like this happen all the time and I hate to say it but very seldom will anything come from the investigation. It is all about dealing with the market.
    As long as they did some investigation and didn't trade on it, they are likely to get off. If they just fabricated the entire channel check or traded off the rumors, then they have some serious issues. Usually firms are too smart to walk over the line. Perhaps they figured the 600M they took off the market cap was worth it?

Did you get in and then out. I think 14 is the ceiling for the day with a better than 50% chance it fades today. I hope my gut feeling is wrong.
    04-12-13 10:27 AM
113,256 ... 663664665666667 ...