View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    great move. Even if it doesn't end up coming to anything, at the very least this a warning shot to other manipulators and hopefully restores confidence in the market.
    The best outcome would be the press coverage. I really doubt there will be any fines.

If this analyst's report was not refuted the information could have been interpreted by potential BlackBerry subscribers as true and prevented them from buying a BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 08:34 AM
    Good on BB to refute the claims, especially with Verizon also backing them up in the statement. Maybe having the Steve Zipperstein as Chief Legal Officer (came from Verizon) helps in maintaining a strong relationship with Big Red.
    04-12-13 08:39 AM
    Darn it...I'm going to miss the fun...this looks like its going to be a great battle today. Lol. Enjoyed everyone's posts...this is a great thread...it was friggin easy to see with the option volumes what they were up too...that is what BlackBerry Legal will chase too imo.

MORE COW BELL

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 08:40 AM
    BNN is talking about BBRY fake story now.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-12-13 08:41 AM
    Blackberries next move is to move it off the criminal US exchange and move it to the London exchange. Unless the SEC can prove they will do what they claim to stand for .
    04-12-13 08:43 AM
    The SP should go back to what it was before the lies were reported as fact but I am sure the criminals will continue with their illegal activities and manipulation.
    04-12-13 08:45 AM
    2% and climbing boys and girl(s)
    04-12-13 08:46 AM
    Freakin right!
    Amen to that. F*ck*in 'bout time. Yesterday marked the first true *mistake* and hopefully something comes from it. It is much harder to prosecute intent when paying off schill bloggers to put out misleading statements - but when you are a sell side firm, with conflict of interest (they must have clients short, and likely short themselves) - that intent is very easy to prove.

Finally I see this as TH fighting back. I think he broke his very high bar til steam out of the ears threshold yesterday!
    04-12-13 08:48 AM
    2% and climbing boys and girl(s)
    Hehehehe..... beware the gap! Especially when it is based on lies.
    Shanerredflag, m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    Somebody else had a rather bad day yesterday as well.

Zack Greinke had his left arm in a sling and a dazed look on his face as he told his side of the story. Barely two hours before, the $147-million Dodgers pitcher was injured in a wild fight with the San Diego Padres that didn’t even end when the game did.

Greinke broke his left collarbone in a bench-clearing brawl during Los Angeles’ 3-2 victory Thursday night, leaving the Dodgers so furious that Matt Kemp confronted Padres slugger Carlos Quentin nose-to-nose as the two were leaving Petco Park.

Shanerredflag likes this.
    Did you get in Gregg??
    And how was it pray tell? Missed it 'cause I've grown to hate their reporting and don't watch anymore. Surprise us and tell us they said something positive?
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 08:50 AM
    It was a limp "short for Richard" response. Almost sided with Fenton's story.
    04-12-13 08:51 AM
    Wow. BlackBerry comes out to say the allegations are false but BBRY has not yet fully recovered. Based on the current SP, the market is still on the analyst's side of the trade.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 08:52 AM
    Gonna ring the cowbell at open to cure this fever....
    Let's make them dance Rubato !
    04-12-13 08:53 AM
    This has been happening far too long and too frequent.

I hope BB expand their complaints to include the DoD rumors where a rep from DoD eventually refuted the claims from the Electronista source . The false rumor was all over the net, and with a company trying to turn around within a few days of US launch ( not sure about time line ?? ), it could have been devastating for investors at that critical time.
    04-12-13 08:55 AM
    And how was it pray tell? Missed it 'cause I've grown to hate their reporting and don't watch anymore. Surprise us and tell us they said something positive?
    You were right!

It was a limp "short for Richard" response. Almost sided with Fenton's story.
    04-12-13 08:55 AM
    Let's make them dance Rubato !
    Well then bring out your rain dancer. And where has the dancing banana been - this is a good to come out.
    04-12-13 08:56 AM
    Did you get in Gregg??
    Of course he did we're up 2.5 points
    04-12-13 08:56 AM
    I'm a winner!
    Kudos on the late buy yesterday! Stay strong and long next time keep those stocks from the shorts!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 09:00 AM
    I got a response back from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on my enquiry on 2 April. At least they got my complaint on record.

Dear Mr. xxxx:
    Thank you for providing your comments to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
    The SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy (OIEA) processes many comments from individual investors and others. We keep records of the correspondence we receive in a searchable database that SEC staff may make use of in inspections, examinations, and investigations. In addition, some correspondence received by OIEA is referred directly to other SEC offices and divisions for their review. If they have any questions or wish to respond directly to your comments, they will contact you.

Thank you for communicating your views.
    Sincerely,
    Nina Smallwood-Johnson
    Attorney
    Office of Investor Education and Advocacy
    U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
    (800) 732-0330
    U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission | Homepage
    04-12-13 09:01 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-04-12-9.59.36-am.png

This is all I want for today.
    04-12-13 09:02 AM
    Well then bring out your rain dancer. And where has the dancing banana been - this is a good to come out.
    I've got one more ... look at the conductor ... the shorts mainstream ?
    This has been happening far too long and too frequent.

I hope BB expand their complaints to include the DoD rumors where a rep from DoD eventually refuted the claims from the Electronista source . The false rumor was all over the net, and with a company trying to turn around within a few days of US launch ( not sure about time line ?? ), it could have been devastating for investors at that critical time.
    This is a little different. The reporting entity for the DoD article claimed to have had a "source" that they don't need to reveal so they could claim they were simply reporting what they heard. In this case, it was a bear side firm that released this directly. In this case, they will need to show their "research" and prove that they were not being malicous and manipulative as they were the source of the research and can't hide behind any privilege.
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    Then ... yeah, it's been a while

Hoka Hey, shorts !
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 09:04 AM
113,256 ... 662663664665666 ...