• No

427 37.82%
    04-12-13 07:57 AM
    Freakin right!
    Ditto, good for them!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 08:00 AM
    Ditto, good for them!
    David takes on Goliath with a slingshot and wins.
    So you just never know.... when Thor takes on the AXE (aka shorts), sometimes a small rock is all it takes.
    Cheesy analogy, I know. But never underestimate the underdog.
    04-12-13 08:06 AM
    Awesome! This is exactly what I wanted. Shows all these joker firms that they can't make up random stuff without consequences.
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    04-12-13 08:07 AM
    Verizon and Blackberry are fed up with all the manipulation going on by analysts and media.

No sure this has been posted it yet.
    BlackBerry Seeks U.S., Canadian Review of False Reports on Return Rates - MarketWatch

WATERLOO, ONTARIO, Apr 12, 2013 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- BlackBerry(R) /quotes/zigman/18534/quotes/nls/bbry BBRY -7.76% /quotes/zigman/18555 CA:BB -7.43% , a world leader in mobile communications, today said it would seek Securities and Exchange Commission and Ontario Securities Commission review of a false and misleading report about retail return rates for the Company's new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

"Sales of the BlackBerry(R) Z10 are meeting expectations and the data we have collected from our retail and carrier partners demonstrates that customers are satisfied with their devices," said BlackBerry President and CEO Thorsten Heins. "Return rate statistics show that we are at or below our forecasts and right in line with the industry. To suggest otherwise is either a gross misreading of the data or a willful manipulation. Such a conclusion is absolutely without basis and BlackBerry will not leave it unchallenged."

BlackBerry and Verizon Wireless, the largest U.S. carrier, on Thursday refuted claims from research and investment firm Detwiler Fenton that BlackBerry Z10 devices were being returned in unusually high numbers. Detwiler Fenton refused to make either its report to investors or its methodology available to BlackBerry, even after the Company said the firm's findings were "absolutely false."

BlackBerry Chief Legal Officer Steve Zipperstein said: "These materially false and misleading comments about device return rates in the United States harm BlackBerry and our shareholders, and we call upon the appropriate authorities in Canada and the United States to conduct an immediate investigation. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about the merits of the many competing products in the smartphone industry, but when false statements of material fact are deliberately purveyed for the purpose of influencing the markets a red line has been crossed."

Zipperstein said BlackBerry would present its formal request to U.S. and Canadian regulators in the next several days.

About BlackBerry

A global leader in wireless innovation, BlackBerry(R) revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. BlackBerry is currently listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market /quotes/zigman/18534/quotes/nls/bbry BBRY -7.76% and the Toronto Stock Exchange /quotes/zigman/18555 CA:BB -7.43% . For more information, visit Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com.

Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities laws. When used herein, words such as "expect", "anticipate", "estimate", "may", "will", "should", "intend," "believe", and similar expressions, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and assumptions made by RIM in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that RIM believes are appropriate in the circumstances. Many factors could cause RIM's actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements, including those described in the "Risk Factors" section of RIM's Annual Information Form, which is included in its Annual Report on Form 40-F (copies of which filings may be obtained at Welcome to the SEDAR Web Site / Bienvenue au Site Web SEDAR or U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission | Homepage). These factors should be considered carefully, and readers should not place undue reliance on RIM's forward-looking statements. RIM has no intention and undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.

BlackBerry, RIM, Research In Motion and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. All other brands, names and marks are the property of their respective owners. RIM is not responsible for any third party products or services.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 08:11 AM
    There are no winners here.
    Well I am the receipient of all kinds of good news today. LoL

Environment Canada's Official Weather Warnings
    Warnings
    Inverness County - south of Mabou
    4:45 AM ADT Friday 12 April 2013
    Snowfall warning for Inverness County - south of Mabou issued

Periods of snow at times heavy will develop late this evening and persist into Saturday.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..listen for updated statements.

A low pressure system is forecast to develop southwest of Cape Cod this evening and track south of Nova Scotia on Saturday. Rain changing to snow and ice pellets are forecast to begin over southwestern regions of the province early this evening and will push northward tonight to affect the rest of Nova Scotia by Saturday morning. A few hours of freezing rain is expected to be mixed with the ice pellets after midnight for southwestern sections. Snowfall amounts of 10-15 centimetres are expected tonight and Saturday over Northern Nova Scotia and Cape Breton associated with this system. A winter storm watch has been issued for Central Nova Scotia where snowfall amounts could possibly reach snowfall warning criteria therefore the public is advised to monitor future forecasts and warnings as warnings may be required.
    There are no winners here.
    I'm a winner!
    04-12-13 08:15 AM
    Sorry, no sympathy here. We've already got those 10-15 cm and it's still comin down.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-12-13 08:16 AM
    There is away some luck involved! The day the interest rate goes up even the smallest amount will be a very dark day for the entire market! Beware
    It won't be going up anytime soon. The smoke and mirrors from the Fed can only go so far. They know the so-called turnaround is a sham, there's no way that they would hike interest rates just to pretend even more.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 08:19 AM
    You and me both buddy. 20cm thru to Sunday. Good 'ol Prairie weather.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-12-13 08:20 AM
    Very pleased to see BBRY's stand today against the manipulators however the twitter feed on Z10 returns in the last 24 hours has been like a tsunami!

Slowly, very slowly, the tide is starting to turn round now on twitter. Wonder if the lowlifes will think twice next time? They'll probably come up with a new strategy.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-12-13 08:23 AM
    Sorry, no sympathy here. We've already got those 10-15 cm and it's still comin down.
    Yabut . . . . . . yours is "dry snow". LoL
    Bugmapper and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-12-13 08:24 AM
    Yabut . . . . . . yours is "dry snow". LoL
    Is that the opposite of the "dry heat" down in El Paso and SW US???
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 08:25 AM
    Almost a million trade in PM. I hope this is a good sign.

I have a feeling that Detwiler Fenton was an intended sacrifice by the shorters.

I hope TH rips him apart more than expected.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-12-13 08:26 AM
    You and me both buddy. 20cm thru to Sunday. Good 'ol Prairie weather.
    No snow here.... we get the freezing rain. Supposed to get "wet snow" later to provide a nice coating on that layer of ice.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 08:26 AM
    This news "could" bring that big bounce that I am wanting!
    lol, my CAN$13.5 order will be short-lived. Ok, fine, let's rock this stock to the max !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-12-13 08:27 AM
    Gonna ring the cowbell at open to cure this fever....
    04-12-13 08:29 AM
    Very pleased to see BBRY's stand today against the manipulators however the twitter feed on Z10 returns in the last 24 hours has been like a tsunami!

Slowly, very slowly, the tide is starting to turn round now on twitter. Wonder if the lowlifes will think twice next time? They'll probably come up with a new strategy.
    All we need now is for the real media to pick up on this story and bring the manipulation to light. The regular news media could not comment on the manipulation until Blackberry took the gloves off. All the financial people at CBC, CNN, CTV, CBS etc. know this stuff goes on but they can't talk about it until something like this happens, now they can make a story out of it.. This might reduce some of the rumours in the future.
    04-12-13 08:29 AM
    Almost a million trade in PM. I hope this is a good sign.

I have a feeling that Detwiler Fenton was an intended sacrifice by the shorters.

I hope TH rips him apart more than expected.
    All this could be true. I'd be a little concerned that they did it to profit and make money on the options they sold and bought. If so, they need 1 more day of tamping it down to make sure they profit. I don't think they can keep it all the way down, but if they can keep it under $14 they will have succeeded.... Hopefully the plan backfires and we hit 14 and then 15.
    04-12-13 08:30 AM
    All we need now is for the real media to pick up on this story and bring the manipulation to light. The regular news media could not comment on the manipulation until Blackberry took the gloves off. All the financial people at CBC, CNN, CTV, CBS etc. know this stuff goes on but they can't talk about it until something like this happens, now they can make a story out of it.. This might reduce some of the rumours in the future.
    Glob & Maul has it.

RIM seeks probe into 'false' report of BlackBerry Z10 returns - The Globe and Mail
    04-12-13 08:31 AM
    They may report BBRY asking for the investigation and then again when the SEC announce sit is investigating it, but the big coverage will come when they arrest a few people and make them do the perp walk into the Courthouse. Love seeing that video if it happens.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 08:32 AM
    lol, my CAN$13.5 order will be short-lived. Ok, fine, let's rock this stock to the max !
    You didn't really want more shares anyway did you? Then you would have to change your signature.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-12-13 08:33 AM
    We've got a fever alright. GIVE ME MORE COWBELL!!!!
    More cowbell!
113,256 ... 661662663664665 ...