View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If I get the chance, I'll buy the first round!
    Yet another quote to put away as evidence. Lol
    Bugmapper, plane6065 and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 09:56 PM
    That would be great! I changed my avatar with the appropriate drink. :-)
    I'm in the Okanagan, I can arrange that!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 09:58 PM
    You are wrong. See the highlighted text below:

Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. is delisting from the New York Stock Exchange, having decided that the expense and inconvenience of being listed in the United States outweigh the benefits.

The Toronto-based company has been listed on the NYSE for about seven years. [B]In 2006, it filed a lawsuit in New Jersey alleging that a group of powerful U.S. hedge funds short sold its shares and then schemed to drive down its stock price using a series of tactics, including intimidating executives and influencing analysts.[/B}
    Such tactics are being used on the BBRY at this moment.
    I don't think so. I'll stand by 100% of my post. What you highlighted is NOT PART OF THE FAIRFAX PRESS RELEASE. It is simply what the reporter chose to add to the story. I quoted the actual words Fairfax used, not some reporter's editorializing, history lesson, additions and/or speculation.

Fairfax does not mention the suit, manipulation or any issues with the NYSE or traders other than the cost of compliance and that they feel they no longer need to be listed there. You may want to read between the lines, but there is nothing in the PR to support your theory. If that was a reason, they should have said so and they did not.
    04-11-13 09:58 PM
    Can't 'thank' on my mobile so Thanks!
    Just long press to open the options on the right and choose 'thank'
    Though I am assuming you are on a Z10

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy and OMGitworks like this.
    04-11-13 09:59 PM
    I will fly to anywhere the party is hosted or welcome all of you to come to my house for the party.
    There's another one!
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-11-13 10:01 PM
    You know the funny thing about that is the coordinator will have to make nametags and a seating chart because most don't have their true picture on their profile. I'll be like, bugmapper doesn't look like you- who are you imposter! Lol
    Hahaha... yeah, and it will be like making a seating plan at a wedding. You have to keep all the people apart that don't like each other.

I hope angryedmontonian looks different than his avatar...
    lcjr, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 10:05 PM
    I will fly to anywhere the party is hosted or welcome all of you to come to my house for the party.
    Don't worry about that, I'll just pick you up in my new learjet!
    04-11-13 10:06 PM
    Even with my best possible earnings I'll only be able to afford a boat ride to the event so I'll need a head start. Lol
    04-11-13 10:12 PM
    Even with my best possible earnings I'll only be able to afford a boat ride to the event so I'll need a head start. Lol
    No worries, I'll come get you too!
    lcjr likes this.
    04-11-13 10:16 PM
    Hi guys, been following this threat... bbry is the first shares I've bought and... it is probably the scariest stock to eve buy for an amateur. but following it and this thread had proved very educational!! I think I've actually learnt more about trading just from this stock alone and from all the graphs and charts you guys post so thanks!

I bought some at 11, and more at 16/17 back in January so it is really quite traumatising sometimes even though I have lots of faith in the company... now I'm just wondering if i should buy more today!!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:18 PM
    Just long press to open the options on the right and choose 'thank'
    Though I am assuming you are on a Z10

Posted via CB10
    Lol no if you click my avatar you will see iphone 4. Darn 3 year contracts!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 10:19 PM
    Lol no if you click my avatar you will see iphone 4. Darn 3 year contracts!
    Ban this guy now!!!!! (jk)
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 10:23 PM
    I don't think so. I'll stand by 100% of my post. What you highlighted is NOT PART OF THE FAIRFAX PRESS RELEASE. It is simply what the reporter chose to add to the story. I quoted the actual words Fairfax used, not some reporter's editorializing, history lesson, additions and/or speculation.

Fairfax does not mention the suit, manipulation or any issues with the NYSE or traders other than the cost of compliance and that they feel they no longer need to be listed there. You may want to read between the lines, but there is nothing in the PR to support your theory. If that was a reason, they should have said so and they did not.
    Go check any news release regarding the CEO of a company stepping down. The reason was and will always be that "For personal reason, Mr. / Mrs. XYZ likes to spend more time with his or her family, so it is a right time to step down".
    However, the really truth is that he or she was fired by the company NOT BECAUSE HE OR SHE NEEDS MORE TIME WITH THE FAMILY.

JMHO, if you are so naive then you should not be in the stock market.
    kfh227, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 10:23 PM
    Ban this guy now!!!!! (jk)
    Can we talk this out over a coupla beers?
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 10:26 PM
    Thank you and I will convert my backyard into big parking lot to accommodate the landing of your jet.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 10:27 PM
    Can we talk this out over a coupla beers?
    Deal!
    Hi guys, been following this threat... bbry is the first shares I've bought and... it is probably the scariest stock to eve buy for an amateur. but following it and this thread had proved very educational!! I think I've actually learnt more about trading just from this stock alone and from all the graphs and charts you guys post so thanks!

I bought some at 11, and more at 16/17 back in January so it is really quite traumatising sometimes even though I have lots of faith in the company... now I'm just wondering if i should buy more today!!

Posted via CB10
    Welcome! First, you have to decide that after thorough research. Second, I would if I could. I'm out of funds. Lol. Third, after hours we tend to let our hair down (for those that still have some).
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    Thank you and I will convert my backyard into big parking lot to accommodate the landing of your jet.
    Don't do that, I'll just bring the helicopter!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-11-13 10:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    You certainly picked a doozie to start with. The problem I have now is that all other stocks are too boring compared to bbry so I can't get interested enough to buy them.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 10:35 PM
    it would be funny if some shorts popped in on this thread and saw we were talking about a 100 buck per share party after today
    lcjr, dusdal, zyben and 2 others like this.
    04-11-13 10:36 PM
    it would be funny if some shorts popped in on this thread and saw we were talking about a 100 buck per share party after today
    No doubt! We're a hard bunch to rattle.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 10:39 PM
    That brings up an interesting question. Do you think analysts covertly read this thread to capture our strategy and insider antics?
    04-11-13 10:43 PM
    I don't like flying, so leave a spot for my Ferrari.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:45 PM
    That brings up an interesting question. Do you think analysts covertly read this thread to capture our strategy and insider antics?
    You mean like what we like to drink after they beat us down?
    04-11-13 10:53 PM
    You mean like what we like to drink after they beat us down?
    Hahahahahahahq, exactly!
    04-11-13 10:56 PM
113,256 ... 658659660661662 ...