View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Why should I answer anything you ask? How am I looking bad to everyone? I've been very civil and honest. I've been met with childish, juvenile insults and hatred. I really don't care what you think in the slightest. I don't owe you an answer
    You can't come into a pro-BB forum and not support the product. That's like going to Japan and not supporting Dragon Ball Z. Just doesn't make sense. But I think the point you are trying to make is the dangers of this particular thread due to the mostly one sided consensus, which is pro-blackberry and how people can get caught up in the hype and later see it hurt them financially. This thread does not support what to buy so remember that. We all have our hopes and I personally think the + outweigh the -. Maybe one day, most of us will have to face the fact that, hey, we were wrong, we lost money, thats life... but what if this time next year, we are all drinking champagne, poured from the most beautiful import models, and taking pictures of it on out new blackberry Z1000000!

In other news, if it does drop below the low that Morgan pointed out for tomorrow... I'll be worried.
    spike12 likes this.
    04-11-13 07:59 PM
    Why?
    Because it would be a damned shame to get this thread locked down after 16k posts of relatively (and remarkably) civil discourse because you and others feel the need to snipe at each other.
    04-11-13 07:59 PM
    Charles M. you say you have a PHd in economics? The very last test of my degree is on economics, and I HATE THE COURSE. Average on the midterm was 40% for the entire set!!!!!!!!!!!! blaaaaaaaaaaaah. It's micro but infuses calculus to solve profit max points and so on and so forth.

Lol...what are you taking? an MBA? an LLB?

The only reason I ask this is that from my experience it has been the MBA and LLB students that have always been challenged most by economics, whereas engineering students seem to breeze through.

I wish you all the best and recommend more beer with your studies.

lcjr and AnimalPak200 like this.
    04-11-13 08:00 PM
    Screw Kumbya this is how I feel right now. I want Heins to go HAM on all these manipulators.

"Hold your mouth for the war
    Use it for what it's for
    Speak the truth about me
    Determined"

"I'm screaming revenge again
    Wrong
    I've been wrong for far too long
    Been constantly so frustrated
    I've moved mountains with less
    When I channel my hate to productive
    I don't find it hard to impress"
    bungaboy likes this.
    Really glad BB has issued a statement or else, as an investor, it just feels this company does not have the balls to retort to false accusations. We all know these reports are lame and don't mean much, but most people will buy it and the shorts will be pleased. I hope that BB's retort makes headlines and flows through major media outlets. On another positive note, BB's fan-page has surpassed 26 million.
    Hi kid can I ask you how many shares you brought? I got an extra 300 shares in the morning... I cant even afford a virtual at this moment , but i am long, as i believe in BB. hopefully BB SP settles down starting tomorrow.

Good luck :-)
    lcjr likes this.
    Why should I answer anything you ask? How am I looking bad to everyone? I've been very civil and honest. I've been met with childish, juvenile insults and hatred. I really don't care what you think in the slightest. I don't owe you an answer
    Sorry if I've offended you, I'm just trying to understand why you picked today to start posting on this thread. If you owned shares I could see that you were venting, if not then I'm unsure of why you're here? Even if you are just grumpy Im ok with that, I actually find it amusing.
    bungaboy likes this.
    Charles M. you say you have a PHd in economics? The very last test of my degree is on economics, and I HATE THE COURSE. Average on the midterm was 40% for the entire set!!!!!!!!!!!! blaaaaaaaaaaaah. It's micro but infuses calculus to solve profit max points and so on and so forth.
    My legal classes were a bear too. Tons of midnight oil burned but finished with a 3.5 GPA. You're almost finished?
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    04-11-13 08:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome Shane! As bad as today was, we've seen worse. I've been doing some daytrading and managed to pick up additional shares today, not as many as I could have but at least these kind of things can help...kinda sort of. We all know that BB is susceptible to these kind of swings and in a warped twisted kind of a way it makes it kinda sorta fun. Stay long my friends!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-11-13 08:02 PM
    [warn]
    BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE
    If the insults continue beyond this point there is a very high probability at least one of the combatants will be granted weekend leave from the forums. Our patience is getting stretched, and the yield point is approaching.[/warn]
    04-11-13 08:11 PM
    That's awesome Shane! As bad as today was, we've seen worse. I've been doing some daytrading and managed to pick up additional shares today, not as many as I could have but at least these kind of things can help...kinda sort of. We all know that BB is susceptible to these kind of swings and in a warped twisted kind of a way it makes it kinda sorta fun. Stay long my friends!
    Hey Doc, if I had anything left to throw at this I would have taken advantage as well. I had to buy and sell on the dips in this stock and a few others to acquire shares. What can I say, I'm poor. Lol
    04-11-13 08:16 PM
    You can't come into a pro-BB forum and not support the product. That's like going to Japan and not supporting Dragon Ball Z. Just doesn't make sense. But I think the point you are trying to make is the dangers of this particular thread due to the mostly one sided consensus, which is pro-blackberry and how people can get caught up in the hype and later see it hurt them financially. This thread does not support what to buy so remember that. We all have our hopes and I personally think the + outweigh the -. Maybe one day, most of us will have to face the fact that, hey, we were wrong, we lost money, thats life... but what if this time next year, we are all drinking champagne, poured from the most beautiful import models, and taking pictures of it on out new blackberry Z1000000!

In other news, if it does drop below the low that Morgan pointed out for tomorrow... I'll be worried.
    Wow, if you think you can't come to a pro BB forum and not support the product, you have no idea what is happening on the other 99% of the site. Who cares why I decided to post today. Have I broken any rules, spread any lies or demeaned anyone? I'm sorry that you guys don't like my style or what I post, but you have to get a thicker skin and not lash out at people that don't toe the company line. Good grief
    04-11-13 08:17 PM
    So at the end of the day and the dust is settling, I am sinking my feet firm
    and will not sell.
    As for the posting jabs, you all have nothing on my mom2mom forum lol.
    The cat fighting would curl your hair lol. Ignore.best.advice.ever (this is what I do with a tantrumming kid lol, works with adults too) lmao
    I'd love to get back to discussing where you all are with your stop losses (or are you all even considering this).
    04-11-13 08:18 PM
    Hi kid can I ask you how many shares you brought? I got an extra 300 shares in the morning... I cant even afford a virtual at this moment , but i am long, as i believe in BB. hopefully BB SP settles down starting tomorrow.

Good luck :-)
    I think I'm literally in the exact position as you, roughly 2500 shares. I have two accounts, the big account that has roughly 2000+ shares is my long and strong account with an average of 14.73. I have a trading account with a few hundred. I have made profits on that one, but due to today I am back to even (or a little under because after selling I re-bought at 16.40). So overall I have a paper-loss of a couple thousand.

One thing I regret was not selling when I made a distinct goal before I dove in. As a first time investor, I told myself that all I wanted to do was make roughly 1500 dollars in profit. First week I bought in, within 5 days, I was up 5000. Ahh yes, life was good. The greed kicked in and things went crummy. After a few negative press releases BB fell back to the price I bought it at. Later, it would fall to the low 13's and stay there for the whole month of Feb... I never once panicked, I was just annoyed at myself for not selling. Then again, the week before that ER launch the SP hit the high 16's again. Not knowing the future, I held on because I swore to myself if this hits 18.80 I would sell. Well that infamous Friday came about and within a few short hours the stock fell 3 dollars! Back to normal... Now I sit here, with a little bit more shares, waiting. My research and confidence with other investors holding on (Prem W. & Mike L for example) have helped calm me down. I believe the stock will hit in the 20's, we just need a good ER, strong Marketing campaign, and some new products. However, there is much, much more potential out there too, just go through the thread and you will see...

So lessons learned from my first time investing: Stick to your strategy (I could have sold and bought back). Don't panic, which is something I have not done, thankfully. And go against the grain... The media is out there to mess around with your head, be afraid. But I've also learned a lot of good things too... That's my story thus far. Hopefully next year it will have a better ending.
    04-11-13 08:19 PM
    OK, I will tell you, in HIS OWN WORDS. We know why he chose to delist, he told us and it has NOTHING to do with any tin foil hat manipulation theories.
    He doesn't cite fraud or manipulation, only that the need for and administrative costs for being listed there is not worth it. Fairfax is a relative newcomers to the NYSE having only been listed for 7 years.

"After our recent privatization of Odyssey Re, Fairfax now wholly owns all of its primary businesses and is the largest property and casualty insurance company based in Canada, with worldwide operations in over 50 countries," chief executive officer Prem Watsa said in a news release Thursday. "While our decentralized operations have global reach, after reviewing the factors relevant to our continued listing on the NYSE, we determined that our company and its shareholders will be better served by the simplified focus and lower cost resulting from the maintenance of only our original TSX listing."
    "In recent years, as markets have become significantly more global and liquid, our constituents, including shareholders and employees, no longer require multiple listings," Mr. Watsa said.
    You are wrong. See the highlighted text below:

Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. is delisting from the New York Stock Exchange, having decided that the expense and inconvenience of being listed in the United States outweigh the benefits.

The Toronto-based company has been listed on the NYSE for about seven years. [B]In 2006, it filed a lawsuit in New Jersey alleging that a group of powerful U.S. hedge funds short sold its shares and then schemed to drive down its stock price using a series of tactics, including intimidating executives and influencing analysts.[/B}
    Such tactics are being used on the BBRY at this moment.
    04-11-13 08:20 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and new to this thread. I've been a Blackberry supporter from the get-go however my current hand device is a S3. I've been following this thread for roughly a month now (since I've entered into the stock market - TSX) and been a frequent visitor to Crackberry since my storm 2.

Love reading everyone's reactions/thoughts on BBRY. I'm Long and in it for the bumpy ride!

Long live BBRY - and all our balls made of brass and un-wavering loyalty to one of the best the Great White North has to offer =D
    04-11-13 08:21 PM
    Hey Doc, if I had anything left to throw at this I would have taken advantage as well. I had to buy and sell on the dips in this stock and a few others to acquire shares. What can I say, I'm poor. Lol
    I hear ya lcjr! It takes a bit of gumption but I day trade about half my holdings sometimes and may only pick up 10 or 20 shares but if you're patient and don't mind holding cash sometimes you can get rewarded. It's scary sometimes but I find it invigorating. Sometimes I'm too quick pulling the trigger but volatility can be your friend. Please don't take this as advice, it's really just personal experiences. As is stated many times on this thread don't play with more than you can afford to lose. Gotta admit tho I do have fun!
    04-11-13 08:23 PM
    Thanks for sharing =).

I'm new as well (started roughly a month ago). Same boat - lossed on the profits I could have locked in prior to ER - greed ruined it. I'm only holding 600 some odd shares which pales in comparison to your holding and that of many others on the forum but still a huge chunk of my portfolio.

Likely a poor choice/strategy for me is that I'm 90% in on BBRY with 10% diversified. I really believe in Blackberry but what would you/others offer in terms of how to approach investing in BBRY and investing in general?

Cheers!
    lcjr, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 08:25 PM
    You are wrong. See the highlighted text below:

Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. is delisting from the New York Stock Exchange, having decided that the expense and inconvenience of being listed in the United States outweigh the benefits.

The Toronto-based company has been listed on the NYSE for about seven years. [B]In 2006, it filed a lawsuit in New Jersey alleging that a group of powerful U.S. hedge funds short sold its shares and then schemed to drive down its stock price using a series of tactics, including intimidating executives and influencing analysts.[/B}
    Such tactics are being used on the BBRY at this moment.
    Hmm, if BB were to leave the NASDAQ, what would that mean for us shareholders in the TSX and those in the NASDAQ?
    04-11-13 08:25 PM
    Kind of off topic. But have you guys seen this commercial yet? Shots fired?

04-11-13 08:26 PM
    I hear ya lcjr! It takes a bit of gumption but I day trade about half my holdings sometimes and may only pick up 10 or 20 shares but if you're patient and don't mind holding cash sometimes you can get rewarded. It's scary sometimes but I find it invigorating. Sometimes I'm too quick pulling the trigger but volatility can be your friend. Please don't take this as advice, it's really just personal experiences. As is stated many times on this thread don't play with more than you can afford to lose. Gotta admit tho I do have fun!
    I couldn't agree more. I have no choice but to take risks or I can't buy more shares. Most on this thread are beyond wealthy, but I'm a retired army guy trying to increase my chances for starting my own business. I was waiting for the SP to rise so I could sell and buy in again on the next dip. I made a Rookie mistake and I had all my money in so I have nothing now. I should have done like the Kid and had two accounts. Good thing is the money I'm playing with is already written off as a loss so I don't have to have it back, although I would like it not to disappear. Lol so here I sit waiting. Lol
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 08:39 PM
    Here is the BNN interview with Jeff Johnson from Detwiller:

http://watch.bnn.ca/thursday#clip903755
    Wow, of course saying the returns exceed sales is all you need to know, even though for a short time span in theory it could be the case, however it is impossible for returns to exceed sales in any meaningful way. It just does not exist. So if bought that statement I have a bridge for sale...........that is the extend of the credibility of this guy, but obviously there are enough people who want it to be true....they are the shorters and the shorter lemmings.........
    04-11-13 08:41 PM
    Thanks for sharing =).

I'm new as well (started roughly a month ago). Same boat - lossed on the profits I could have locked in prior to ER - greed ruined it. I'm only holding 600 some odd shares which pales in comparison to your holding and that of many others on the forum but still a huge chunk of my portfolio.

Likely a poor choice/strategy for me is that I'm 90% in on BBRY with 10% diversified. I really believe in Blackberry but what would you/others offer in terms of how to approach investing in BBRY and investing in general?

Cheers!
    Haha! Sounds a lot like me. I just started trading in November and tried the diversification route. I had Nokia, Bombardier, Paladin, and BB. Then the 3rd quarter fiasco happened and BB went down like 3 bucks in one day. I was up on the others by a fair margin and I sold all of it to buy more BB. Turned out that was a good move for me. I'm now completely going against all conventional investing logic and I'm 100% BB! I should mention that I do have other long term investments but this is my play money and I'm really enjoying the ride even if it makes me want to rip my hair out some days!
    04-11-13 08:45 PM
    So at the end of the day and the dust is settling, I am sinking my feet firm
    and will not sell.
    As for the posting jabs, you all have nothing on my mom2mom forum lol.
    The cat fighting would curl your hair lol. Ignore.best.advice.ever (this is what I do with a tantrumming kid lol, works with adults too) lmao
    I'd love to get back to discussing where you all are with your stop losses (or are you all even considering this).
    today is a perfect example of why not to have stops
    lcjr, Shanerredflag, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    04-11-13 08:45 PM
    today is a perfect example of why not to have stops
    I completely agree! If you're truly long who needs stinkin stops!
    04-11-13 08:50 PM
    Haha! Sounds a lot like me. I just started trading in November and tried the diversification route. I had Nokia, Bombardier, Paladin, and BB. Then the 3rd quarter fiasco happened and BB went down like 3 bucks in one day. I was up on the others by a fair margin and I sold all of it to buy more BB. Turned out that was a good move for me. I'm now completely going against all conventional investing logic and I'm 100% BB! I should mention that I do have other long term investments but this is my play money and I'm really enjoying the ride even if it makes me want to rip my hair out some days!
    Nearly identical to my situation.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:50 PM
113,256 ... 656657658659660 ...