View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I know a lot of the 'more experienced' members here bash on Facebook, but I am amazed. After being the only one on my news feed posting about blackberry for months... Today, at least a dozen 'friends' have posted the "People don't want BlackBerry under any circumstance " article. Having been a "U.N." child, I have a good mix of U.S., Canadian, LatAm, and Caribbean 'friends'.

Well, I guess at least now they know a new BlackBerry device exists.... ..... :/

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:00 PM
    Charles M. you say you have a PHd in economics? The very last test of my degree is on economics, and I HATE THE COURSE. Average on the midterm was 40% for the entire set!!!!!!!!!!!! blaaaaaaaaaaaah. It's micro but infuses calculus to solve profit max points and so on and so forth.
    04-11-13 07:00 PM
    Why does BlackBerry always respond with general statements and no specifics? Before the earnings call, people said they couldn't release #'s early for legal reasons. At the call, they were very vague and didn't give specifics. It seems a little worrisome that they didn't talk about supposed "great"sales numbers. Their response to this report about returns said that it was on par or better than expectations. That means nothing if we don't know your expectations. I think they are doing more harm than good by being so secretive
    Ya, but . . . . . nobody here cares what you think. Don't you have any real friends anywhere? Sad you have to come in here and babble on .
    silversun10 likes this.
    04-11-13 07:01 PM
    Ya, but . . . . . nobody here cares what you think. Don't you have any real friends anywhere? Sad you have to come in here and babble on .
    Whoah dude. Dial it down a notch.
    m0de25 and Bugmapper like this.
    04-11-13 07:02 PM
    Can't watch on myZ10.

Posted via CB10
    Strange, I just watched it on my Z10.

It is unbelievable the sh!t that came from that guy.
    04-11-13 07:06 PM
    Yes, bungaboy, nobody cares what I think. After reading your post, I'm pretty sure that you are the one babbling.
    04-11-13 07:07 PM
    When's the new daycare section open up on crackberry? Anyone know?
    04-11-13 07:09 PM
    My favorite is when the stock goes up by 1% when we kill the er, but drops 8% when Joe smoe says he called some stores. Tired of buying opportunities, want selling opportunities.
    04-11-13 07:09 PM
    Ray how many subs did BBRY lose last quarter? None of us know this information so maybe you could enlighten us? Also, how many keys on the Q10? Thanks in advance.
    04-11-13 07:12 PM
    Whoah dude. Dial it down a notch.
    Why?
    04-11-13 07:16 PM
    After reading the vitriol that has been directed at me on this thread, I suggest you guys don't read the threads on the rest of the forums. The posts are WAY more aggressive and mean spirited on both sides of the aisle. If you think my posts are childish and unnecessary, you'll have a heart attack reading what people are posting on other threads!
    04-11-13 07:16 PM
    Yes, bungaboy, nobody cares what I think. After reading your post, I'm pretty sure that you are the one babbling.
    OK. We'll call this one a draw. But you do get the message I hope.

Thanks for listening.
    04-11-13 07:17 PM
    This just pisses me off. The interviewer completely let his crap-*** explanation slide when Johnson claimed "some" channel checks revealed a higher return than sale rate.

An actual reporter would have asked a couple of simple questions that shed much light on that flimsy explanation.

- how many retailers? Which ones? Or were they other resellers besides the big three?
    - what size were they?
    - how many sold? How many returned? Specifically at those reporting higher returns than salea?
    - how can he reconcile bbry's public statement today - For which they are legally responsible to their shareholders - with his current and prior statements?

Instead of actual questions that would expose the truth, he hands Johnson softball questions that let him repeat his exact earlier message almost word for word.

Extremely irritated. BNN anchor didn't even pretend to behave like an actual reporter.
    Someone should honestly press Johnson and ask him which exact retailers he queried. Preferably someone from BlackBerry. I have a funny feeling he won't be able to name specific ones bc they didn't actually do any checks. If he does give specific ones it would be very easy for a bbry rep to stop into those specific stores and verify with management if anyone from Detwiller stopped in/called and asked about the Z10 returns.

I'm pretty confident if BlackBerry looked into this they would quickly find out that Detwiller either made up these "channel checks" or the sample size was like 2 stores. If this whole thing is fabricated by Detwiller they should seriously sue the pants off this broke a$$ firm.

They're an absolute joke and it blows my mind that "high net worth" individuals supposedly invest with them. They've only returned 3.85% YTD. You would be better of buying an S&P index fund than pay these jokers a mgmt fee lol. I'm willing to bet money they've been short BBRY and this is why their YTD is so terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if they were pressured to cover their short that's why they made up this bogus returns story.

I really want BlackBerry to pursue litigation at this point bc it's pretty obvious the SEC is not doing anything. If BlackBerry shows that they're not afraid to sue, firms will make damn sure they can back up their claims before they report them.

DMCD Detwiler Fenton Group, Inc. Stock Performance of Total and Trailing Returns
    04-11-13 07:17 PM
    After reading the vitriol that has been directed at me on this thread, I suggest you guys don't read the threads on the rest of the forums. The posts are WAY more aggressive and mean spirited on both sides of the aisle. If you think my posts are childish and unnecessary, you'll have a heart attack reading what people are posting on other threads!
    Ray, fess up. You don't own any BlackBerry shares and you don't support BlackBerry do you? That's what this thread is about.

"I Support BBRY I Buy Shares"
    04-11-13 07:20 PM
    OK. We'll call this one a draw. But you do get the message I hope.

Thanks for listening.
    Nope. You said that I had no real life friends, nobody cares about what I say and it was sad that I came on here and babbled. I'm not sure what you are calling a draw. You posted a rambling, angry and silly post that added nothing to the conversation.
    04-11-13 07:25 PM
    Works fine on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:26 PM
    Someone should honestly press Johnson and ask him which exact retailers he queried. Preferably someone from BlackBerry. I have a funny feeling he won't be able to name specific ones bc they didn't actually do any checks. If he does give specific ones it would be very easy for a bbry rep to stop into those specific stores and verify with management if anyone from Detwiller stopped in/called and asked about the Z10 returns.

I'm pretty confident if BlackBerry looked into this they would quickly find out that Detwiller either made up these "channel checks" or the sample size was like 2 stores. If this whole thing is fabricated by Detwiller they should seriously sue the pants off this broke a$$ firm.

They're an absolute joke and it blows my mind that "high net worth" individuals supposedly invest with them. They've only returned 3.85% YTD. You would be better of buying an S&P index fund than pay these jokers a mgmt fee lol. I'm willing to bet money they've been short BBRY and this is why their YTD is so terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if they were pressured to cover their short that's why they made up this bogus returns story.

I really want BlackBerry to pursue litigation at this point bc it's pretty obvious the SEC is not doing anything. If BlackBerry shows that they're not afraid to sue, firms will make damn sure they can back up their claims before they report them.

DMCD Detwiler Fenton Group, Inc. Stock Performance of Total and Trailing Returns
    I don't know why anyone listens to them given the miserable history of their asset management and channel research business:

History (03/31/2013) 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 YTD
    DMCD 27.45 -23.85 -7.07 -61.96 -62.86 3.85
    Shanerredflag and Tinomane like this.
    04-11-13 07:37 PM
    Honest question here, was BlackBerry always hated on like this? I've been using a Blackberry phone for several years (government issued until last year) but just joined this forum last year. I didn't know there were so many trying to see this corp fail.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 07:38 PM
    Ray, fess up. You don't own any BlackBerry shares and you don't support BlackBerry do you? That's what this thread is about.

"I Support BBRY I Buy Shares"
    Fess up? I joined this site about 5 years ago and my first 3 smartphones were BlackBerry. Are you only allowed to post on a thread if you pass a checklist regarding the thread title? Maybe they should make you a mod do that you can condemn all the Crackberry users that you feel are posting in the wrong threads. Overtly combative posters like you drive people away.
    04-11-13 07:38 PM
    Seriously?

Bungaboy, is there some sort of history/past fights with the guy on other threads that's spilling onto here? What's it all the venom? Do you not like his tag name? What is it? I'm not getting why you and a couple of others (take99) are out with the pitchforks on the guy (again, unless there's a history here, beyond today's posts on this thread) Personally, I haven't seen anything he's said that's so out of whack.
    No history with them outside of this thread. I am very tame compared to a lot of posters all over this site. I'm actually surprised at the attacks on this thread
    04-11-13 07:43 PM
    Honest question here, was BlackBerry always hated on like this? I've been using a Blackberry phone for several years (government issued until last year) but just joined this forum last year. I didn't know there were so many trying to see this corp fail.
    Nope, there was a time not too long ago my friend, that BB was the GOD OF SMARTPHONES Everyone had one, from Opera to Jay-Z... Many investors jumped ship at the wrong time and LOST a ****load. Hence the hate. Also, its a Canadian company, pretty sure Corporate America doesn't like that... hehe

People are here complaining that they are down a few dollars from their OG shareprice... exit if you must. But remember, there are folks that bought around the 60's, 70's, and so on... imagine how they feel!
    lcjr likes this.
    04-11-13 07:44 PM
    Ray, you should answer at least. I know you're a good guy but not answering the question is making you look bad to everyone else. So, do you support BBRY and buy shares?
    silversun10 and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 07:44 PM
    why can't we all just get along and sing kumbaya or some ****e like that. haha.
    04-11-13 07:45 PM
    Ray, you should answer at least. I know you're a good guy but not answering the question is making you look bad to everyone else. So, do you support BBRY and buy shares?
    Why should I answer anything you ask? How am I looking bad to everyone? I've been very civil and honest. I've been met with childish, juvenile insults and hatred. I really don't care what you think in the slightest. I don't owe you an answer
    04-11-13 07:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, doctor gonzo and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 07:53 PM
113,250 ... 655656657658659 ...