View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%

Posted via CB10
    I was trying to quote what you said to me at 6:30, but it seems to have disappeared. I guess you deleted it. I guess since you joined this site about 4 and a half years after I did, I should just shut up and listen to you?
    04-11-13 05:46 PM
    I was trying to quote what you said to me at 6:30, but it seems to have disappeared. I guess you deleted it. I guess since you joined this site about 4 and a half years after I did, I should just shut up and listen to you?
    Was trying to do as the mod asked...you should do the same.

Unless your motives are to derail the thread? Say it isn't so, Ray, say it isn't so. I hope this doesn't hurt your feelings.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 05:58 PM
    Thank god TH got that corrected quickly.( i was starting to second guess myself as to this device that i still cant put down since march 22, because it is such a great tool, and the more i use it the better it gets:how rare is that?) I think blackberry needs to sink some hundred million or so and get some good lawyers to tune up these bologne factories.
    04-11-13 06:01 PM
    I for one enjoy raysgrumpy's fine and intellectual insight into all things blackberry stock related. Just thought I would put that on the record. As well, he really is a swell guy. You're welcome.
    04-11-13 06:02 PM
    Here is the BNN interview with Jeff Johnson from Detwiller:

http://watch.bnn.ca/thursday#clip903755
    04-11-13 06:05 PM

Can't watch on myZ10.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:10 PM
    Lol I want one too! In fact, I was thinking getting into TSLA as well.
    TSLA has been good to me
    lcjr likes this.
    04-11-13 06:12 PM
    Can't watch on myZ10.

Posted via CB10
    Put the browser into Developer / desktop mode...it will work.
    04-11-13 06:12 PM
    Put the browser into Developer / desktop mode...it will work.
    Plays ad with no sound and stops.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:26 PM
    Worked for me perfectly without developer mode... did you open in the actual browser or the CB10 app render?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:28 PM
    http://watch.bnn.ca/#clip903755

Does this one work for you?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:30 PM
    Can't watch on myZ10.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you're supposed to say that out loud. Lol. Just out of curiosity, why is that? I've had a few I couldn't open or play on my 9930.
    04-11-13 06:32 PM
    Wow. Everybody just chill.
    Please focus about stock, do not lose control. No sugarcoating here, Still the same Story: from ashes to success. Nothing simple, lots of obstacles to come.
    The naive approach is not to say it, it is to believe it could be different , or any "Genius" may do better than Thorsten and Frank. Just remember they were given 90% DOA 18 months ago. Look where we are now.
    Just breathe, step back and... stay calm.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:34 PM
    I'm back with the TA as I see it today, here's the first chart:

Attachment 150324

This one just shows us the Bollinger Bands and how they narrowed. We thought there would be a large move but in our case, it was to be up and not down. The bands are widening now and we are very close to jumping back in them again which will happen tomorrow. The boundary lows will be the 100-dma at $ 13.62/shr and the lower band at $ 13.79/shr. All of this implies that we are closing up tomorrow and finding support at these strong indexes. It doesn't matter if we jump back into support or not over the next day or so, the main goal tomorrow is not to drop below today's low price of $ 13.28/shr.

I believe the second chart is now the new range for the stock:

Attachment 150329

Here the pennant formation is being expanded to include a longer timeframe for a consolidation. The lines work well and imply that we will see a higher low tomorrow and possibly regain the 100-dma and the Bollinger bands as well. And so we can buy near the lows of today if that even happens ..... and probably sit in the $ 13.80's area tomorrow.

My thoughts on the news release, at first I wanted to return my Z10 immediately as it sounds like they are offering a credit for more than one phone. Then I thought about it for a minutes and realized this guy is a clown. If you want to hear him talk about his report go to www.bnn.com, he was on just after 4:00 PM and they'll have the video. He spoke just after BlackBerry came out with their statement and if and when they post the video I will provide the link. This was a well planned execution so congrats to them, didn't see it coming and now our famous uptrend line is dead forever .... unless, we have a remarkable rally within the next couple of days. Note the RSI is 39 and 30 is over-sold so there isn't much downside here. I also saw the large block order that came in late in the day. I swear the short count will have ballooned today, they really are trying hard to kill this thing.

Listen to what he has to say, he bitches about the glitches in the software, how hard it is to understand and the serious lack of apps. Yet no one seems to say anything negative in all of the comments. at the carriers. Go figure! For the record, I love my Z10, it is amazing. We are off tomorrow to the US for a couple of days so try and support this thing while we're away!! Thank you!!
    Everyone look at the second chart. Set your stop losses right below that big support line. If the stock falls below that line the pattern will form a double top and things will turn VERY red .
    04-11-13 06:35 PM
    Plays ad with no sound and stops.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, sorry, don't know why...I watched it on mine in Developer desktop just to confirm.
    04-11-13 06:35 PM
    One interesting thing is that Faucette increased his estimate of Z10 sales by 100-200%. Of course he's not going to bring attention to the fact that the Z10 is selling at least 2-3 times faster than he originally thought, but his past statements are public record. And given his bearish bias, he's probably still underestimating now.

In his February 20th report, he forecast May quarter sell-in to be 1-1.5 million units based on his checks. Now he's saying that the current sell-through run rate is less than 1 million per month based on his checks. That would imply close to 3 million per quarter - meaning his current checks and calculations are coming up with numbers that are 2 to 3 times higher than his checks and calculations from February.
    04-11-13 06:37 PM
    [QUOTE=kfh227;8300782]Plays ad with no sound and stops.

Posted via CB10

Enable flash in your browser settings. Works fine for me.
    04-11-13 06:39 PM
    Watched the bbn video and it's obvious they want the stock lower. You don't spend time and energy on something that doesn't benefit you.

BlackBerry Just needs to sell units and the share price will cord itself. The average consumer doesn't know much about the stock market or what an analyst says. They will purchase the phone if they want it.
    04-11-13 06:40 PM
    Pardon the typos. Fat fingers.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-11-13 06:41 PM
    04-11-13 06:42 PM

Sigh... I get tired of these analysts who keep using false logic to back up their positions. Sure, they may have some legitimate concerns about blackberry sales etc. but they always pull out the "Samsung and Apple are already too powerful for Blackberry to survive" logic. Using that logic, nobody will ever succeed for the next 10,000 years except Samsung and Apple. All the other companies might as well shut down, and there is no use ever trying to start another company in the communications sector.
    take99, Shanerredflag and Zarpan like this.
    04-11-13 06:42 PM
    I am excited for the 10.1 release and file sharing from PC to the Q10 via Link. This should be a huge step forward from some of the add on app's that are currently available and provide a much needed leg up from any other platform. I kinda figured Link was going to be utilized for more than just backing up the device.
    04-11-13 06:53 PM

Heh, I think Detwiler Fenton predicted that BlackBerry would ship 400,000 Z10 units last quarter. Not the greatest forecasting record there.
    Last edited by Zarpan; 04-11-13 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Typo
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-11-13 06:56 PM
    Really glad BB has issued a statement or else, as an investor, it just feels this company does not have the balls to retort to false accusations. We all know these reports are lame and don't mean much, but most people will buy it and the shorts will be pleased. I hope that BB's retort makes headlines and flows through major media outlets. On another positive note, BB's fan-page has surpassed 26 million.
    Kid. They have BALLS OF STEEL! Otherwise they would have caved two years ago.
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-11-13 06:57 PM

This just pisses me off. The interviewer completely let his crap-*** explanation slide when Johnson claimed "some" channel checks revealed a higher return than sale rate.

An actual reporter would have asked a couple of simple questions that shed much light on that flimsy explanation.

- how many retailers? Which ones? Or were they other resellers besides the big three?
    - what size were they?
    - how many sold? How many returned? Specifically at those reporting higher returns than sales?
    - how can he reconcile bbry's public statement today - For which they are legally responsible to their shareholders - with his current and prior statements?

Instead of actual questions that would expose the truth, he hands Johnson softball questions that let him repeat his exact earlier message almost word for word.

Extremely irritated. BNN anchor didn't even pretend to behave like an actual reporter.
    zyben likes this.
    04-11-13 06:58 PM
113,256 ... 654655656657658 ...