View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    why did BB wait until after close to release a statement?
    shoulda issued it first thing this morning.
    They probably spent the better part of the day in touch with the carriers to gather data in order to provide a factual retort as opposed to just coming out and sayin "nu uhh.... that's not true...."
    04-11-13 03:42 PM
    They probably spent the better part of the day in touch with the carriers to gather data in order to provide a factual retort as opposed to just coming out and sayin "nu uhh.... that's not true...."
    How do we know it's a factual report if they never give us numbers?
    04-11-13 03:45 PM
    No, they said it was 'absolutely false' and 'inline with return rates of othersmartphones'. They also implied that they thought the return rates were actually going to be higher than other smartphones. Who cares about a percent here or there, the crux of it is that the story was a falsification of the manipulation of certain facts that DF uncovered.

Why does BlackBerry always respond with general statements and no specifics? Before the earnings call, people said they couldn't release #'s early for legal reasons. At the call, they were very vague and didn't give specifics. It seems a little worrisome that they didn't talk about supposed "great"sales numbers. Their response to this report about returns said that it was on par or better than expectations. That means nothing if we don't know your expectations. I think they are doing more harm than good by being so secretive
    Shanerredflag and La Emperor like this.
    04-11-13 03:47 PM
    Why does BlackBerry always respond with general statements and no specifics? Before the earnings call, people said they couldn't release #'s early for legal reasons. At the call, they were very vague and didn't give specifics. It seems a little worrisome that they didn't talk about supposed "great"sales numbers. Their response to this report about returns said that it was on par or better than expectations. That means nothing if we don't know your expectations. I think they are doing more harm than good by being so secretive
    They have to look at this similar to negotiating. You never give more information than is necessary. In other words, don't give the arseholes who are out to get you the ammo they need to actually do it.
    Shanerredflag and peter9477 like this.
    04-11-13 03:48 PM
    Let's be honest...the real damage was and is done to this stock price by fictitious reporting. Remember the 300k devices sold, remember the "dead by Spring" story, remember the "Sales channels faltering in Britan" story...DoD story...etc.
    All false...all effected the stock price...in a negative way.

Nope. No manipulation here lol...it's all BlackBerry's fault.
    Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:48 PM
    How do we know it's a factual report if they never give us numbers?
    They have no need to give us numbers. They said returns are in line with expectations and the same as, if not better in some markets, to other high end phones on the market. You don't send out a statement to the media to respond to allegations unless you are being factual. If it wasn't a true statement, then that would be considered lying and could have legal ramifications considering their public statements will have a direct influence on stock price.
    04-11-13 03:50 PM
    Let's be honest...the real damage was and is done to this stock price by fictitious reporting. Remember the 300k devices sold, remember the "dead by Spring" story, remember the "Sales channels filtering in Britan" story...DoD story...etc.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure that stating that they lost 3 million more customers in the last quarter during their earnings call has nothing to do with the stock price either, right?
    04-11-13 03:52 PM
    I'm sure that stating that they lost 3 million more customers in the last quarter during their earnings call has nothing to do with the stock price either, right?
    What's your point? It's a great device...get over it.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-11-13 03:54 PM
    Factual issues are fine. Can't argue with those, but in this situation, he is speaking of the falicies that are constantly being published and spread.
    04-11-13 03:55 PM
    Sure it did, the stock was down a bit after the ER, are you paying attention or just trolling?

zyben likes this.
    04-11-13 03:56 PM
    They have no need to give us numbers. They said returns are in line with expectations and the same as, if not better in some markets, to other high end phones on the market. You don't send out a statement to the media to respond to allegations unless you are being factual. If it wasn't a true statement, then that would be considered lying and could have legal ramifications considering their public statements will have a direct influence on stock price.
    You're right. Why would they aggressively defend themselves? They should be very conservative in their approach. It's worked out so well the last few years! They had every opportunity to give more specific sales numbers at their earnings call and they didn't. Everything is clouded in secrecy with them. It is a fact that they have lost 4 million customers in the last 2 quarters. That is just about the only concrete number that I've heard from them.
    04-11-13 03:59 PM
    Bugmapper, I could use a few more of those food coloured Labatt's please.
    Hey, with all the cheap shares I picked up today I can afford to buy you a six pack!

Oops... I drank one
    Shanerredflag, take99 and zyben like this.
    04-11-13 04:00 PM
    It's time for blackberry to leave backwards and corrupt US exchange and move it to the London exchange. The world is moving away from the US and I think Blackberry needs to do the same. Investors have had enough of the SEC uselessness and it's time to move on. I can only hope THor and gang are thinking of it.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-11-13 04:01 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-meh.ro5722.jpg

Posted with my superior PlayBook
    04-11-13 04:03 PM
    of course it does not matter what BB says, the shorters are well organized and people in the US are simply happy to believe any bull packy the shorters put out there, look no further than the latest bull packy:
    Steer Clear Of The BlackBerry Dog - Seeking Alpha
    04-11-13 04:04 PM
    Let's be honest...the real damage was and is done to this stock price by fictitious reporting. Remember the 300k devices sold, remember the "dead by Spring" story, remember the "Sales channels faltering in Britan" story...DoD story...etc.

Posted via CB10
    You are 100% right. Blackberry needs to remove the stock out of the US exchange and maybe move it to the London exchange. I mean come on the US is corrupt and every investors knows it. I feel bad for the good American people who have had their country hijacked by the criminal elite. It's sad.
    04-11-13 04:05 PM
    There has to be BIG MONEY behind these kinds of bear attack stories.

Given the number of times that such authors are proven wrong, one would think that their stories would not see anywhere beyond the recycling bin. Yet they get more coverage than most authors would dream of.

The one thing that greases wheels is money and the way that these media outlets run these vicious articles there is lots of it being spent. Competitors and very large investors have the kind of money that's required to pull off these heists.
    take99 and duckJAI like this.
    04-11-13 04:09 PM
    You're right. Why would they aggressively defend themselves? They should be very conservative in their approach. It's worked out so well the last few years! They had every opportunity to give more specific sales numbers at their earnings call and they didn't. Everything is clouded in secrecy with them. It is a fact that they have lost 4 million customers in the last 2 quarters. That is just about the only concrete number that I've heard from them.
    Wow man... your name is pretty accurate. They came out and stated that the claim of large scale returns is "absolutely false". What do you want? The actual numbers of how many units have been returned?? Seriously? At the earnings call, they gave the numbers for Q4 as that was what they were reporting. You will know the Q1 numbers at the end of June. That is how it is done. They don't have 50 million units sold to brag about so they will let the numbers talk when they are reported. If you don't like how they report their numbers, maybe you should invest in a company that gives you daily or weekly financial updates. Let us all know when you find such company.
    04-11-13 04:09 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meh.ro5722.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	150316

Posted with my superior PlayBook
    Awwwww, but its been so long since we had a pet troll, I think someone here today could fit the bill.....
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-11-13 04:11 PM
    You are an *****. Name one oil an gas company that has ever had a well issue or a wash out on assets or temp downtime that release hard numbers. 100% of the time the company says we expect production to come in at lower levels or higher costs. Numbers confused the average person who has no ******* idea what they mean. Give it a rest. What does a return percentage to the public mean when no one has a benchmark. They can state the benchmark but who is to say that is right either. Again I state, numbers confuse *******.
    04-11-13 04:12 PM

Did you lose a bundle from RIMM's downfall? Just curious because you seem to be attacking BBRY from every angle.

No skin off my nose either way but I am curious because of your tenacity, it's unyielding.
    Komoto likes this.
    04-11-13 04:15 PM
    Why is the stock still falling after hours?
    04-11-13 04:15 PM
    Why is the stock still falling after hours?
    What do you mean? it's up .06 cents from close.
    04-11-13 04:21 PM
    UPDATE: BlackBerry has issued a statement denying reports of excessively high return rates. The vendor says Z10 returns to date have been in line with other premium smartphones, and have even been better than expected in some regions.
    04-11-13 04:22 PM
    Are markets in London, Paris or Toronto really any better? I still don't see illegal manipulation. Its how it goes. We all know it. Anyone who traded off that "Report " was a fool. 50M shares off of that? Bargains for you all!!! Is it really much different than Kevin tweeting that he heard Q10 sales will be great? Should we investigate his source? Of course not. Just be aware and act accordingly. They can't force you to buy or sell!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:23 PM
113,256 ... 652653654655656 ...