View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Anyone thinking that we could see another attack tomorrow?
    Very possible, Fridays are always bad lol. Hopefully not.
    04-11-13 01:50 PM
    Very possible, Fridays are always bad lol. Hopefully not.
    Yeah.
    04-11-13 01:52 PM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;8299080]I'll put up a quick chart to show you where we are right now:

Attachment 150280

"Today we were dumped by a sell-side house who timed it perfectly with no positive news to counter their attack. "

You said it right here, they were watching the stock and waiting for the most opportune time to release this news. They waited for low volume days and watched the price movement and with yesterdays down day well the set up played itself out catching the longs off guard.
    fedakd, bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    04-11-13 01:54 PM
    Ok, I must say this is quite depressing. Bu I'll take some more if we stand in the $13s tomorrow (bank closed in FR).
    In the meantime, some readings : BlackBerry: How Can Returns Possibly Exceed Sales - Seeking Alpha
    (don't get nerves reading the title, it's cool).

Keep cool gals&guys.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 02:04 PM
    THE STOCK MARKET IS CRASHING!!!!!
    04-11-13 02:04 PM
    Well, a lot of us took a large paper or real loss today, but the fundamental reasons we are in this stock cannot be offset by a bogus report from some analyst. The Z10 keeps getting lumped in with the GS3 and Iphone5 for sales comparisons, while we know that 5% of the market would be a great success for BB. Misek has stated that according to his checks there were 200k sales at Verizon, similar AT+T, I highly doubt that the number of returns is even statistically significant in the larger picture. DF prob. called a stores in some backwater places that received 3 or 4 phones. I like a healthy dose of Bear and Bull analysts to balance my view of this stock, but to me, Misek has been fairly solid since coming on board as bullish. I personally put quite a bit of stock in the MDM space (as Misek does) where BB can make high margin profits even if the phones they are managing are IOS and Android.
    04-11-13 02:05 PM
    Well, a lot of us took a large paper or real loss today, but the fundamental reasons we are in this stock cannot be offset by a bogus report from some analyst. The Z10 keeps getting lumped in with the GS3 and Iphone5 for sales comparisons, while we know that 5% of the market would be a great success for BB. Misek has stated that according to his checks there were 200k sales at Verizon, similar AT+T, I highly doubt that the number of returns is even statistically significant in the larger picture. DF prob. called a stores in some backwater places that received 3 or 4 phones. I like a healthy dose of Bear and Bull analysts to balance my view of this stock, but to me, Misek has been fairly solid since coming on board as bullish. I personally put quite a bit of stock in the MDM space (as Misek does) where BB can make high margin profits even if the phones they are managing are IOS and Android.
    I'm with you on Misek and the MDM space. It would be another month or so before we start hearing corporations launching and using it in the US.

The attack by shorts this am, well we've seen this before haven't we. The DOD false reports and the certification delay in UK blown out by some media are just a few. All of these were later on proven false, but by then the damage has been done. Media outlets have picked it up created fear, stock plummets. Later on it recovers.

Just like this morning. I can't believe how many news outlet picked it up when the source of the report from Fenton is now in question. Oh well, welcome to this new world of investing...
    Last edited by La Emperor; 04-11-13 at 04:53 PM.
    04-11-13 02:17 PM
    Where are the official naysayers????

I hope that they don't release a positive statement in the after hours...we all know who benefits most from that...it's one of the reasons I believe it should be discontinued. Always some loophole for Wallstreet, facking arseholes...lol

lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 02:19 PM
    Looks like another dip coming...down to 13.48...
    04-11-13 02:25 PM
    Faucette crawled out of his hole today as well. Definitely corroboration on the bears side. How this guy can show his face after his 300k unit fiasco is beyond me. He must have BALLS OF STEEL!

BlackBerry Z10 U.S. Sales Modest; Least Preferred In Poll BBRY - Investors.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 02:26 PM
    Faucette crawled out of his hole today as well. Definitely corroboration on the bears side. How this guy can show his face after his 300k unit fiasco is beyond me. He must have BALLS OF STEEL!

BlackBerry Z10 U.S. Sales Modest; Least Preferred In Poll BBRY - Investors.com

He has no balls...he's a gelding...among other things...lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 02:29 PM
    Where are the official naysayers????
    Detweiler's claim is vague and meaningless; but, it's also likely true as more objective individuals point out. They mentioned 'several cases'. All it takes is a store with 3 phones stocked since launch to sell out and then have 0 Z10 sales and 1 Z10 return within a week long period for the report to be true. Does this mean anything fundamental? No. Would an unbiased third party like Verizon contest a true but meaningless claim? No, to that as well.
    04-11-13 02:29 PM
    Detweiler's claim is vague and meaningless; but, it's also likely true as more objective individuals point out. All it takes is a store with 3 phones stocked since launch to sell out and then have 0 Z10 sales and 1 Z10 return within a week long period for the report to be true. Does this mean anything fundamental? No. Would an unbiased third party like Verizon contest a true but meaningless claim? No, to that as well.

Both BlackBerry and the carriers stand to lose sales if this isn't addressed. Not to mention shareholders.

Look at how quickly BlackBerry pounced on the DoD lies.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 02:33 PM
    04-11-13 02:37 PM
    I think TH should take some lessons from Elon Musk, always comes out to defend the company by telling the actual truth to the media.
    04-11-13 02:41 PM
    Both BlackBerry and the carriers stand to lose sales if this isn't addressed. Not to mention shareholders.

Hmmm, let's see how long BB takes to respond. If they don't that will be interesting in itself.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 02:43 PM
    If it makes anyone feel better I'm still up 17% o/a (TSX)

I'm not a trader, can't stomach it(Barry keeps me in check), I'm just buying and holding

I've been in since November haven't sold a single share, been buying at the dips(minus my rookie purchase Jan 25 at $18.28 which really sent my average up)

But all in all, still green.

Not trying to rub it in by any means, just saying that I've seen this from 9$-$18.30, if it wasn't for some of your advice, cynicism and support I would have baled long ago.

You guys that trade daily/weekly have my respect. This isn't for the faint of heart(or light of $$).

Cheers.
    I think TH should take some lessons from Elon Musk, always comes out to defend the company by telling the actual truth to the media.
    Yip, and do so expediently. Crush it and move on.
    here is the link. Lol first ever utube upload.
    04-11-13 02:44 PM
    If it makes anyone feel better I'm still up 17% o/a (TSX)

I'm not a trader, can't stomach it(Barry keeps me in check), I'm just buying and holding

I've been in since November haven't sold a single share, been buying at the dips(minus my rookie purchase Jan 25 at $18.28 which really sent my average up)

But all in all, still green.

Not trying to rub it in by any means, just saying that I've seen this from 9$-$18.30, if it wasn't for some of your advice, cynicism and support I would have baled long ago.

You guys that trade daily/weekly have my respect. This isn't for the faint of heart(or light of $$).

Cheers.
    It is a matter of what kind of money you are day trading with. If it is money to day trade these swings shouldn't upset you. If its housing money then my dear god I wish you luck.
    AngryEdmontonian and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 02:46 PM
    another endorsement
    WOAH.... what's happening???? This is awesome!!! There are huge jumps and falls per second.
    spike12 likes this.
    HAHA u saw that too right cjc? HUGE SURGE
    04-11-13 02:48 PM
    4.1m looks like someone is covering.
    slipstream89, dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 02:50 PM

Carriers don't really care. They want to sell A phone, and at least in my experience they don't care which one as long as you leave with a new phone. Amazon might care, but I honestly don't think VZW gives a rat's a$$ if you buy a BB or an ithing or Andriod phone. JMHO
    ccbs likes this.
    04-11-13 02:51 PM
113,256 ... 649650651652653 ...