View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm so glad I have my LEAPS and not any short term options or I'd be dead in the water. BS like this doesn't allow me trust the short term at ALL.

After BBRY, an important lesson I've learned is never to buy in twice on the same day.

Tomorrow we could see another red day, which then I may pick up some more if we go into the $12 range.
    04-11-13 01:09 PM
    Well we got some volume back to this stock anyway... lol.
    Seems to be a bit of a battle at the $13.40 area...
    04-11-13 01:12 PM
    Well I am not scared,I am positive just grabbed another 4000 on TSX. .

I welcome the DIPS and I HAVE BALLS OF STEEL
    04-11-13 01:13 PM
    Well I am not scared,I am positive just grabbed another 4000 on TSX. .

I welcome the DIPS and I HAVE BALLS OF STEEL
    TEA, DIPS, and BALLS seem to sum up the day. LOL...
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 01:16 PM
    The bulls are rushing in....
    04-11-13 01:17 PM
    What a slow and painful day haha lost some good money today
    You haven't lost a dime yet if you didn't sell.
    04-11-13 01:17 PM
    F it. Got 500 more at $13.45
    04-11-13 01:19 PM
    The bulls are rushing in....
    ...but I think there will be more sh!t tomorrow, so I'll wait a little while longer. Tempting though.
    04-11-13 01:20 PM
    Loading up on some more. Long and strong
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 01:20 PM
    shout out to you for getting out before the SHTF....nice move!

...but I think there will be more sh!t tomorrow, so I'll wait a little while longer. Tempting though.
    LuckyJP likes this.
    04-11-13 01:23 PM
    As much as i've lost close to 3000 today this is somewhat exciting to watch lol... I feel like this comment is gonna get people riled up TRY TO KEEP POSITIVE EVERYONE WE HAVE ALL SEEN WORSE
    04-11-13 01:23 PM
    I wanna load up but waiting for money to transfer between one TFSA account to another. Hopefully it's here on time.
    04-11-13 01:24 PM
    Another 450 at 13.54 on the TSX. Thank you very much!
    $1.50 over company breakup value.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 01:27 PM
    If you want to make a quick buck buy today. If you are a real investor and believe In bbry you will know these day to day spikes mean nothing. In the end the sp will move steadily as earnings come in over the next few years. These bull and bear analysts don't care about bbry or any other company. They are here to make money on the amateur traders buying and selling based on some pump dump article.
    bungaboy likes this.
    according to BNN canada news, " we called Verizon, according to them," z10' s performance is in line with other similar devices" ". Liston to their news updates regarding this rumor.
    I want to hear some great Q10 pre-order #s!

That would be a complete reversal......or they announce share buyback plan cause they are tired of this market manipulation and just SHOVE it to the shorts.

That would be the greatest day!
    04-11-13 01:29 PM
    shout out to you for getting out before the SHTF....nice move!
    Thanks. I wish I could admit it was an ingenious move. Lol...

Looking forward to scooping up a boatload again now. Just waiting and watching.

take99 likes this.
    04-11-13 01:30 PM
    I'll put up a quick chart to show you where we are right now:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-11-2013-chart.jpg

It doesn't take a genius to know that if you want the chart pattern, or 7 month trend to change so that you can buy cheap stock, you have to pay a price for that kind of move. The results are that our 7-month long rally in the stock is busted and unlikely to repair itself now. The stock would have to rally up into the 50-dma area to save the chart and that 's not going to happen unless BlackBerry publishes something positive ASAP. Today we were dumped by a sell-side house who timed it perfectly with no positive news to counter their attack.

And so we are left to try and find support which appears at the bottom of the Bollinger Bands around $ 13.75/shr for now. We should rally until we get back into the bands and this is likely within the next day or so. From there, we have solid support in the lower $ 13.00/s. I expect the stock to pop back inside the BB's and then decide if enough damage has been done at the sell-stops. I assure you that many more shares were shorted so expect that number to go up big time. At some point, we will find a bottom and have to build a base in here. I think the low $ 13.00's are it as this volume isn't that great for a major sell-off, more like the bulls are watching for a chance to do a key reversal. If they see a key reversal the stock will rally hard again. So far we are surrounded by bears with modest buying here. I'll post more later as I have another trade that is much better off today! Let's get this thing back inside those bands today!!
    04-11-13 01:35 PM
    Well my stop loss order kicked in ... so I am out now. ( made some $ once then lost it again ... marginally down overall ) .
    I wish you guys luck ... as BB is a great phone.

A lot of the posts here are overly optimistic - for example in thinking that the Q10 will be a bigger success than the Z10 or that BB7 sales will be maintained in the third world countries. There is a rising tide of smartphone sales worldwide but BB needs to get those medium priced devices out there and they have to be priced as well as their competition. They also are lacking in the bigger Z10/Q10 sets. If they can get the bigger and cheaper models out for Christmas sales season in all markets (USA included) they have a great chance at being a solid third OS and in the top six manufacturers.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    04-11-13 01:36 PM
    This is a pretty devestating day. The recent "struggle" for $15 was already testing my patience, but today sells me on the fact that he big hands like playing mean.

I can't see us dipping any further. There are enough highly regarded analyst firms that have price points and valuations well above our current price. (there are those that are far below as well, but IMHO BBRY is worth about $7-10 per share simply in patents and enterprise solutions, and any valuation below that is not worth the kilobytes it is read from)

Blackberry has been quiet recently, which does not implicate very much. they would hide bad news just as well as they could remain hush on good. However, at this point in the game, all the signs are pointing upwards. Blackberry users are a fairly small crowd, particularly in online spaces where they probably see well less than the estimated 5-8% market share that predominantly is business focused. As a result, you could look at facebook and see 20 people brag about their new iPhone, 25 gloat about the versatility of android, and only 3 people mention a new Z10. (however, 3/48 would be a HUGE success interpreted the way i explained above. It could indicate 8-15% share in the 'real world'. That's why you won't see too many of these in the wild anytime soon compared to other devices, but if you do it is a positive indicator.

We need to see a carrier in US or Canada step forwards and say; "hey, we've sold X number of phones (250K for a canadian carrier would be very strong) in the month since launch, and they are our (2nd, 3rd?) hottest phone!" Something like that that affirms the fact that Blackberry is selling and creating interest at or above what the current price suggests would drive us back up, maybe ever 10-20% since it would be the biggest news in almost 2 weeks.

That said, we could drop further due to fear, but i own a Z10 and my gf is planning to buy the Q10 on its first day for sale. the OS is fast and intuitive, has all my daily apps besides a few that i can live without or substitute/sideload (better maps, netflix, stock trackers and some banking apps). The hardware itself is clean, strong (iv'e dropped it from tables onto wood flooring a few times and no marks at all), has universal ports (usb/hdmi), an easily removed backplate, and components capable of handling the OS and camera without a snag. Owning one is the reason I am long on this stock
    fedakd, bungaboy and MrBurns2U like this.
    04-11-13 01:40 PM
    Q10 pre order seems quite strong since they just opened it up 2 days ago.

I did so with rogers today and I'm # 1172 or something like that, which is pretty good for being open 2 days. And of course that is just one carrier.
    04-11-13 01:41 PM
    Anyone thinking that we could see another attack tomorrow?
    04-11-13 01:46 PM
    according to BNN canada news, " we called Verizon, according to them," z10' s performance is in line with other similar devices" ". Liston to their news updates regarding this rumor.
    Link?
    04-11-13 01:47 PM
    Here is Michael Collins' response to the story on returns outstripping sales http://seekingalpha.com/article/1335...ticle_readmore

Of course Detweiler Denton didn't provide any hard evidence or methodology information in the article they were originally quoted in.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 01:48 PM
    As much as i've lost close to 3000 today this is somewhat exciting to watch lol... I feel like this comment is gonna get people riled up TRY TO KEEP POSITIVE EVERYONE WE HAVE ALL SEEN WORSE
    Does 10k make it sound better?
    I am still going to end this post with a
    bungaboy and q649 like this.
    04-11-13 01:48 PM
113,256 ... 648649650651652 ...