View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    ios and android didn't get it's current market share over night.
    i don't know why anyone expects BB10 to claim top spot in a month.
    it will creep on on people over time
    bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    04-11-13 11:24 AM
    How can you guys be so calm while your investment just took a major 5% hit on basically a rumor? Shouldn't we be all very concerned with BBRY prospects? I know I am.
    This type of movement is commonplace with BB. I know I haven't lost anything as I haven't sold anything. If you want to realize a loss then sell now. It may not be fun to watch JP but this is absolutely normal with BB. I've seen this thing swing more than $3.00 in one day. This stock may just not be for you. I personally like the volatility as it gives me an opportunity to increase my position. I picked up 40 more shares on that dip today.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 11:24 AM
    Wow, drop. Debating to add to my position... did it.
    Dang Kid, any more and they'll have to put you on the Board of Directors. lol Great job on all this and sticking to your plan.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 11:26 AM
    I seriously doubt even this is true. If returns are really that bad, why are all the online retailers showing customer reviews that are overwhelmingly positive?

Verizon 4.5/5 (94% recommend the product)
    T-Mobile 5/5 (91% recommend)
    ATT 5/5 (95% recommend)
    Best Buy - mostly 5/5, few 4/5 depending on the carrier

People are much, much more likely to leave a bad review than a good review. So if customers in the US hate the phone that badly, where are the customers bashing it?
    The z10 has too many reviews in proportion of its sales. Probably most of those comments are from fans. A phone with that level of sales should have just a couple of reviews.
    You can see a similiar pattern with the Lumia 920, the users of that phone feel the need to promote it to make the ecosystem grow.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    04-11-13 11:26 AM
    Dang Kid, any more and they'll have to put you on the Board of Directors. lol Great job on all this and sticking to your plan.
    I wish! Hoping for the best, I can't buy any more, will sell some off if it goes to 15. Man, if only I bought at 7... imagine the possibilities! haha
    lcjr likes this.
    04-11-13 11:32 AM
    the last time BB hit $13.90 on tsx was march 25th. it rebounded to a high of $15.00 the very next day.
    it then hit a high of $15.81 3 days later on the 28th.
    some people need to calm down ( one in particular ).
    04-11-13 11:34 AM
    The z10 has too many reviews in proportion of its sales. Probably most of those comments are from fans. A phone with that level of sales should have just a couple of reviews.
    You can see a similiar pattern with the Lumia 920, the users of that phone feel the need to promote it to make the ecosystem grow.
    Owner fans. I left a positive review . . . . . after I had my Z10 and used it for several days.
    04-11-13 11:34 AM
    the last time BB hit $13.90 on tsx was march 25th. it rebounded to a high of $15.00 the very next day.
    it then hit a high of $15.81 3 days later on the 28th.
    some people need to calm down ( one in particular ).
    Very true, however knowing the market and BB it could very well dip down another buck before any recovery. If only we could all predict the future
    04-11-13 11:35 AM
    Why are you posting in this thread? Did you not understand the thread title?

Out, out damn spot!
    Bugmapper and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-11-13 11:38 AM
    This one seems to be sticking...not a bear raid after all..think I'll wait and see if it dips any further before I buy any back.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-11-13 11:38 AM
    Very true, however knowing the market and BB it could very well dip down another buck before any recovery. If only we could all predict the future
    Yeah, a few more tweaks and I'll build up the nerve to try my time machine. lol
    gohan_bcc likes this.
    04-11-13 11:40 AM
    A $22+++ stock is trading for $14. It's mind blowing the manipulation of this stock. Shorting should be illegal but then again that would mean the stock markets would be more of a free market and we all know the US is against free markets. At least so it seems.
    fedakd likes this.
    04-11-13 11:41 AM
    If the report is untrue then BlackBerry should refute the allegation.
    To report returns are outpacing sales is ridiculous, given the online reviews and twitter comments but BlackBerry's silence gives these rumours credence.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:42 AM
    I'm sorry but what sort of response were you hoping for? At the end of the day it is a 5% swing on the most volatile stock around these days. If you invested your life savings into this stock then that is your mistake number one. Most people on there invest in the stock because we are well aware of daily risks and if you are a long term investor you could walk away today come back in a month and sell. You only see it from a day trading prospective which is why youare so upset. No one was even being condescending, only informing their opinions.

Don't come here and preech like you are the market master. I've done investment banking for 3 years and been invested in the market for 7. The one thing you learn, don't bite more then you can chew in the market and if you are long term don't beat yourself up over daily swings. I've seen my investments in energy drop 30% in 6 months and come back to earn me 15% at year end. Even then I don't care because i'm in for the long haul. Point in case, BNP was 13.60 last week and now 15.80. That's a 15% gain in a week because energy is volatile. The market will always be volatile on an individual stock basis but if you have anything of a reasonable portfolio a 5% swing in one stock of 4 or 5 isn't the end of the world.
    Indeed, if you are a long haul dividend investor then bear markets are GOOD news. lol
    04-11-13 11:45 AM
    Yeah, a few more tweaks and I'll build up the nerve to try my time machine. lol
    Let us know how it works out. You'll need to bring back proof though, such as bringing us the Carolina Parakeet (Conuropsis carolinensis). The extinction of the Carolina Parakeet was due to a combination of challenges to its diet and habitat, and a bright set of feathers that were sought after as hat accessories. Large flocks of these birds fed on cultivated fruit and grain. This conflict with farmers who were protective of their crops, and the destruction of the birds’ forest habitats, proved to be deadly to the parakeets. The last of them, a captive specimen in the Cincinnati Zoo, died in 1918.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-11-13 11:47 AM
    Excellent buying opportunity chaps
    04-11-13 11:51 AM
    Let us know how it works out. You'll need to bring back proof though, such as bringing us the Carolina Parakeet (Conuropsis carolinensis). The extinction of the Carolina Parakeet was due to a combination of challenges to its diet and habitat, and a bright set of feathers that were sought after as hat accessories. Large flocks of these birds fed on cultivated fruit and grain. This conflict with farmers who were protective of their crops, and the destruction of the birds� forest habitats, proved to be deadly to the parakeets. The last of them, a captive specimen in the Cincinnati Zoo, died in 1918.
    Dude! I didn't have you pegged as an ornithologist!
    lcjr likes this.
    My order just got filled at $13.95 on the TSX
    My order just got filled at $13.95 on the TSX
    Haha mine too ....Yes!
    04-11-13 11:52 AM
    Excellent buying opportunity chaps
    i agree! just added more to my position at $13.95 TSX
    04-11-13 11:52 AM
    haha! 13.95 looks like the lucky number
    04-11-13 11:53 AM
    If the report is untrue then BlackBerry should refute the allegation.
    To report returns are outpacing sales is ridiculous, given the online reviews and twitter comments but BlackBerry's silence gives these rumours credence.

Posted via CB10

Yes. Silence on a headline such as this would only cause further rumours along the same lines. Especially since they have been quick to act on lies before.
    fedakd likes this.
    04-11-13 11:54 AM
    all of you beat me by $.10/share.
    lucky. i coulda had 10 more shares at that price.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-11-13 11:55 AM
    I was hoping for a more supportive response when I expressed my legitimate worries about our investment plunging the way it did this morning. Instead, I read one condescending response after another. Way to be supportive, trolls. It's your money too, you should be at least somewhat alarmed with today's drop.
    Man you gotta chill out! And who you callin troll anyway?
    cjcampbell, take99 and bungaboy like this.
    Yahoo financial (a big fan of BBRY- NOT) has 7 negative articles from just this morning, and probably a couple more by days end. The only reason I bother reading this crap is to try to keep up to date bout BBRY and tech news in general, but what I always wonder is since so much of it is total BS from the short bears. Question- is it not a fact that majority of small retailer investors like a lot of us- can not substantially change the direction of a highly volatile traded stock like BBRY? Then who is actually selling hundreds or even millions of shares premarket on this BS, and continue as the day progresses on such bogus reports? As I write this BBRY down 6.2 %!!

More like the big institutional investors playing off these rumours n bogus stories to shake the weak hands so they can but back shares at a lower price. GS comes to mind. So besides Yahoo, which will print any BBRY bashing, and pathetic "seeking alpha" is there a better source out there? Don't want BBRY flag waving, but just more honest analysis and reporting to keep up to date with? Maybe I am living in a dream world here
    bungaboy likes this.
113,256 ... 645646647648649 ...