View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I was hoping for a more supportive response when I expressed my legitimate worries about our investment plunging the way it did this morning. Instead, I read one condescending response after another. Way to be supportive, trolls. It's your money too, you should be at least somewhat alarmed with today's drop.
    This forum overall can be overly optimistic and denigrate dissenting opinions. In reality, we should be open to all ideas to best understand the situation and make money off of this together.

The drop is quite disconcerting for me too. I think I will keep and eye on it if it goes any lower. Real movement one way or the other should come out when official numbers of z10 sales are disclosed again as well as q10 initial sales. I just hope I have the nerve to stay in until then...
    matthewriedle and LuckyJP like this.
    04-11-13 10:34 AM
    I was hoping for a more supportive response when I expressed my legitimate worries about our investment plunging the way it did this morning. Instead, I read one condescending response after another. Way to be supportive, trolls. It's your money too, you should be at least somewhat alarmed with today's drop.
    I'm sorry, hire a therapist for 'support' for your constant whining. Don't throw the T word around so easily, you're showing your true colours.
    04-11-13 10:35 AM
    I hope I didn't come off as being condescending. Many of us have watched this stock sink by a lot more than it has today.

Since I sold all of mine off I'm actually quite excited about the prospect of scooping some again since I didn't expect this to take off for a while yet; however, a strong dip followed by a recovery will equal a nice gain for me once I buy again.
    04-11-13 10:35 AM
    People also have to question why the high returns ( false or not ) only happened in the US. It was released quite ahead in other countries and we never ( at least I did not ) hear anything similar .

The author was a known bear. Read his channel check report prior to the US launch.

Take this with a grain of salt. There will be many more rumors, just like the 2 million Chinese order.

I'm quite comfortable with the sp sitting at around $14, despite of all the bashing and beating it is taking from the press and media. It's quite some ways from the $6 the staunch bears are predicting. They will do anything to realize their prediction but in the end, it would be the numbers from ER.

I'm here for the long haul and will re-evaluate from time to time. I also agree with the other posters that the next two quarters will probably be the biggest influence on direction of the SP.
    A lot of things ( good things ) can happen between now and September.

I think the author is suggesting that the number of returns of the Z10, from a prior reference period, is exceeding current sales of Z10. Thus, currently (maybe for this week or month) there is a net loss of Z10 sales.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by La Emperor; 04-11-13 at 10:59 AM.
    04-11-13 10:36 AM
    A lot of the people on this thread got shares in the single digits. We've seen this roller coaster action for months and our senses are dulled to it. you should try to relax, maybe take a walk and get some fresh air if the weather is nice where you are. Sitting at your screen watching every pop and dip on this stock is a recipe for heart desease.

Stay Calm and Carry Long!

(and go easy on the troll comments, eh. we're all in this together!)

04-11-13 10:37 AM
    Just relax.
    This stock has seen fluctuations of 5-10 % in a day either ways.
    So, although you will get to see days like today (mind you, the day is not over yet), you will get to see the opposite happening in a day too. It's just a part of it.
    And make sure you keep posting here when it goes up too
    bungaboy, m0de25 and matthewriedle like this.
    04-11-13 10:38 AM
    No need to go tit for tat. I will take Mr. Watsa at his word. I am sure manipulation happens and when it does you can bring a lawsuit and have your day in Court. He did and lost, and badly. SAC was not trading against him. Those are the facts. They published negative reports but did not trade on those. Perfectly legal as Mr. Watsa and his lawyers found out. I am sure sometimes analysts do try to profit from their opinions and when they do so, illegally I am all for prosecuting them.

Let's both move on and agree to disagree, we are needlessly killing bandwidth and wasting peoples' time. It is what it is no matter what you and I might think.
    04-11-13 10:40 AM
    Wow, drop. Debating to add to my position... did it.
    04-11-13 10:47 AM
    If you can't handle the heat, don't come in the kitchen.

If 5% swings is too much for you, I would strongly suggest you leave. Most of us here have seend 15-20% swings within less than a WEEK.

We're thick skinned for this and you either need to learn the beast of BBRY, or find a more consistent stock. I'm just being realistic because anyone can pat you on the shoulders and provide some easy words to comfort you. But this cannot be the case since BBRY is probably one of the most volatile stocks in the last 6 months. Just giving it to you straight up.
    04-11-13 10:52 AM
    I think Bonds would be a better investment vehicle for you.
    04-11-13 10:53 AM
    Why did I have to look at the stock price this morning? Now I'm going to be in a bad mood all day. I now hate this stock!
    Do yourself (and us LoL) a favour. Don't look at it for 3 months.
    04-11-13 10:54 AM
    Picked up another 900 @ $13.82 this morning.
    04-11-13 10:55 AM
    Ahh, found the culprits... U.S. Media! LOL. Hey guys, maybe you should research outside your country and see how Blackberry is doing world-wide... Just wait for Q1
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 10:56 AM
    debating if i should add to my 18000 shares....$14 on tsx is making me think hmm
    04-11-13 10:56 AM
    the truth is you and you alone are responsible for your shares, your choices are: buy, sell, hold or watch it from the sidelines, that is it.........the rest is noise,
    so your destiny is up to you......now go make some money......
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 10:58 AM
    I'm sorry but what sort of response were you hoping for? At the end of the day it is a 5% swing on the most volatile stock around these days. If you invested your life savings into this stock then that is your mistake number one. Most people on there invest in the stock because we are well aware of daily risks and if you are a long term investor you could walk away today come back in a month and sell. You only see it from a day trading prospective which is why youare so upset. No one was even being condescending, only informing their opinions.

Don't come here and preech like you are the market master. I've done investment banking for 3 years and been invested in the market for 7. The one thing you learn, don't bite more then you can chew in the market and if you are long term don't beat yourself up over daily swings. I've seen my investments in energy drop 30% in 6 months and come back to earn me 15% at year end. Even then I don't care because i'm in for the long haul. Point in case, BNP was 13.60 last week and now 15.80. That's a 15% gain in a week because energy is volatile. The market will always be volatile on an individual stock basis but if you have anything of a reasonable portfolio a 5% swing in one stock of 4 or 5 isn't the end of the world.
    04-11-13 10:59 AM
    Sorry that you feel that way.
    If you are looking for emotional support, maybe this isn't the right place to find it.
    Speaking for myself, I am here to learn about stock analysis, news, discussion, and some fun. I try to give back as much as I take. I don't know anything about technical analysis of stocks, so I try to give back by trying to be clown to make people laugh. I have no interest at all in trying to provide emotional support every time the stock dips a little - not my expertise nor interests. If it makes you feel any better, I honestly believe that the stock will go up.
    04-11-13 11:00 AM
    Wish I had more freed up to lower my average today...think the wife would mind me using her TFSA?
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 11:01 AM
    this is a great day for those of us who had cash available to buy shares at this discount price.
    Bugmapper, take99, lcjr and 4 others like this.
    04-11-13 11:03 AM
    People also have to question why the high returns ( false or not ) only happened in the US.
    I seriously doubt even this is true. If returns are really that bad, why are all the online retailers showing customer reviews that are overwhelmingly positive?

Verizon 4.5/5 (94% recommend the product)
    T-Mobile 5/5 (91% recommend)
    ATT 5/5 (95% recommend)
    Best Buy - mostly 5/5, few 4/5 depending on the carrier

People are much, much more likely to leave a bad review than a good review. So if customers in the US hate the phone that badly, where are the customers bashing it?
    04-11-13 11:06 AM
    Q10 is just around the corner, BBRY's last hope
    04-11-13 11:06 AM
    this is a great day for those of us who had cash available to buy shares at this discount price.
    Well then let's hope for another big drop tomorrow!!
    04-11-13 11:13 AM
    Wow been to a couple of message boards and investors are sick of this manipulation. Many want blackberry to be delisted from the US exchange. I myself want it delisted and I was wondering would you like to see blackberry delisted from the Nasdaq?
    04-11-13 11:16 AM
    Wow been to a couple of message boards and investors are sick of this manipulation. Many want blackberry to be delisted from the US exchange. I myself want it delisted and I was wondering would you like to see blackberry delisted from the Nasdaq?
    Depends if there is a short squeeze or not haha.
    Bugmapper, take99 and Acumenight like this.
    04-11-13 11:18 AM
    It's not like there's no manipulation on the TSX... Or any other exchange as a matter of fact. I would rather have it listed on nasdaq so I can play with options
    04-11-13 11:19 AM
113,250 ... 644645646647648 ...