View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Here is the "report".

Several key U.S. retailers are seeing a "significant" increase in BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) Z10 returns, according to analysts at Detwiler Fenton. In some cases returns are exceeding sales. Complaints include maps, a lack of apps, and the user interface, which isn't intuitive enough for some users.

Has our society become so stupid that we don't like learning anything? Let's have everything fed to us in a simple dumbed down way.
    Ummm.... not to be too anti-American here but... this didn't happen in other markets. So it is probably not true. On the other hand, if it is true, but only in the US............(you fill in the blank)
    04-11-13 08:46 AM
    Picked up 1870 share with $14.05 tsx.
    That's 120 more than I sold yesterday at $15.05
    Good on ya! looks like you recovered your loss from a while back.
    04-11-13 08:47 AM
    Here is the "report".

StreetInsider.com - Customers Returning BlackBerry (BBRY) Z10 Phones

Several key U.S. retailers are seeing a "significant" increase in BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) Z10 returns, according to analysts at Detwiler Fenton. In some cases returns are exceeding sales. Complaints include maps, a lack of apps, and the user interface, which isn't intuitive enough for some users.

Has our society become so stupid that we don't like learning anything? Let's have everything fed to us in a simple dumbed down way.
    Yup.... a check that was done by a firm that has a huge fincancial interest in BB going down. I'm sure it is 100% impartial......
    04-11-13 08:48 AM
    Can someone explain how returns could possibly exceed sales? Is that just a poorly worded quote?
    04-11-13 08:48 AM
    Well, two can play at this spread the rumours game.

Everyone, retweet the flip side of the poll

BlackBerry has potential for 30% smartphone marketshare. Poll http://allthingsd.com/20130411/black...ont-want-poll/ $BBRY $BB #BlackBerry
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 04-11-13 at 04:56 PM.
    m0de25, Bugmapper and fedakd like this.
    04-11-13 08:50 AM
    This should be interesting, lets see what happens at 10:30 lol maybe except for a dip we get a jump
    Naw, don't get down. Maybe you should ignore the SP until we get closer to the Q10 launch? There's really not a lot of news or anything to push this right now so it's just bouncing around. There are expectations that there will be something happening soon, but who knows when we're still a few weeks from Q10 launch. Hang in there man, you'll be ok.
    Why so much hope in the Q10? I remember the CEO saying he expected the z10 to outsell the q10 in a proportion of 3 to 1.

The z10 seems to be the key for the BB comeback.
    Marc_Paradise likes this.
    Can someone explain how returns could possibly exceed sales? Is that just a poorly worded quote?
    from what i get... the only thing that makes sense to me is that lets say for this week verizon sold 10 phones but had 12 returns
    so those 12 could of been sold last week or before that
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-11-13 08:51 AM
    Here is the "report".

StreetInsider.com - Customers Returning BlackBerry (BBRY) Z10 Phones

or since when is it a good idea to just pick up a phone(or whatever gadget) without doing any DD and then simply returning it, if it does not blow you away the first 5 minutes?
    I don't think Detwiler has much credibility after they were way off in their estimates on on the fourth quarter. With that being said, the sell off is still concerning.
    This...
    I imagine this could be possible if you were looking at the past week - if the Z10 sold a lot the first few weeks, but now sales are slower, and returns of those sold in the first few weeks is picking up (most carriers give you 2 weeks to try a phone out) - then returns could be higher than actual sales.
    I wish I had some cash to add here.
    Bugmapper and lcjr like this.
    04-11-13 08:54 AM
    So let me get this straight, positive ER, analyst upgrades, the company having no debt and sitting on a pile of cash mean nothing to the stock price, but some gossip about returns exceeding sales (which is factually impossible) drives this thing 5% down. This is one messed up stock. I just don't get it.
    fedakd likes this.
    04-11-13 08:55 AM
    Looks like they blew through quite a few stop loss levels on the way down.

While this forum has its share of people who get upset over the constant market manipulation and the fact that the SP won't rise, remember there is another group of shorts who are working hard to bring it down and likely have more to worry about than we do.
    04-11-13 08:56 AM
    So let me get this straight, positive ER, analyst upgrades, the company having no debt and sitting on a pile of cash mean nothing to the stock price, but some gossip about returns exceeding sales (which is factually impossible) drives this thing 5% down. This is one messed up stock. I just don't get it.
    a lot of short interest on this stock will keep it down
    04-11-13 08:57 AM
    I wish I had some cash to add here.
    Welcome to the boat that we are both in.
    04-11-13 08:59 AM
    Why so much hope in the Q10? I remember the CEO saying he expected the z10 to outsell the q10 in a proportion of 3 to 1.

Because at least it will be an event, something actually new happening and not rumors and speculation. Whether the Q10 is expected to outsell or come close to the Z10 is not the point. The point is something getting released from BB. This has a higher possibility of effecting the SP in a positive way than nothing happening from BB.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    04-11-13 09:00 AM
    Because at least it will be an event, something actually new happening and not rumors and speculation. Whether the Q10 is expected to outsell or come close to the Z10 is not the point. The point is something getting released from BB.
    thats not always a good thing for BB lol. with big public events/announcements somehow some way there is damage done to the stock
    04-11-13 09:02 AM
    I have the cash, but takes 2 days to transfer in. That's the one negative of discount brokerages. I wish my home banks commissions were more reasonable.
    04-11-13 09:02 AM
    I got 90 JAN 2014 $30 calls for 38 cents. I remember these trading at 80 cents to $1 a couple months ago. Good deal imo, and gives BBRY plenty of time to release most of their new phones and further develop QNX.

Can't deal with these daily swings any more. I just want to look back a few months down the road and check in occassionally. Too much roller coaster madness for me.
    fedakd likes this.
    04-11-13 09:03 AM
    Lol. As a novice retail investor, I used to be very emotional about the BBRY swings. I know and I believe in the company now, and any dips like these don't bother me any more. Just trying to add when I can to increase my stake going forward.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-11-13 09:06 AM
    thats not always a good thing for BB lol. with big public events/announcements somehow some way there is damage done to the stock
    I respectfully disagree, on the premis that BB has stated they will release said devices throughout the year. They need to do that or they get pinged. Releasing the devices shows they are on track. That's good news.
    04-11-13 09:06 AM
    I got 90 JAN 2014 $30 calls for 38 cents. I remember these trading at 80 cents to $1 a couple months ago. Good deal imo, and gives BBRY plenty of time to release most of their new phones and further develop QNX.
    Good price for sure. Look how cheap the jan 2015's are. 90c for $35 strike. Insanity.
    04-11-13 09:10 AM
    I respectfully disagree, on the premis that BB has stated they will release said devices throughout the year. They need to do that or they get pinged. Releasing the devices shows they are on track. That's good news.
    ya i know, but just for this yr so far... the launch we got smashed....the US launch we got smashed and during a positive ER we didnt really move that much
    04-11-13 09:10 AM

The Q10 will be the workhorse adopted by enterprise clients and it's own niche market of physical keyboard adherents. BlackBerry is still the top dog in the QWERTY market, so sales are largely guaranteed.

The Z10 is aimed at the general consumer market currently controlled by Apple and Samsung which make up the larger portion of the smartphone owner population and therefore will be the driver of the majority of sales, but it doesn't stand out from the competition hardware-wise. It's meant to highlight the OS over the device, which is the best way to gain mindshare in the marketplace.

The Q10 will represent the most advanced QWERTY phone on the market. No one else offers anything comparable in terms of OS performance or build quality and the design of the Q10 stands out more than the Z10. When they start appearing in the wild they'll definitely attract more attention than the Z10, which could easily be mistaken for a competitor's phone.

While the Z10 is the first device to offer the refreshed OS, the Q10 will the be first to offer the truly iconic experience that will become the new face of BlackBerry.
    04-11-13 09:11 AM
113,250 ... 641642643644645 ...