View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    AT&T just gave me the world's longest survey for the z10. Any one else get this survey? What does it mean?
    Yeah I got one too. I usually do not respond these surveys but I did it for the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 05:43 AM
    Bad news for Apple this morning...

US Mac shipments down 7.5% … or maybe up 7.4% … or possibly up 14% | 9to5Mac

Things like this create further uncertainty for their investors...Perhaps they'll become BBRY investors..bring the CNBC poll results to life..lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 06:06 AM
    Hey guys. Man that took a long time to read all the pages I missed lol. I'm not seeing alot of positive sentiment in alot of the old posts but try to remember you don't buy into a company like BBRY expecting quick gains. We all believe in the management team in the BBRY vision and product. This stock is a long haul. We are going to face alot of negative media, alot of pushback, and alot of money thrown at us to loose. I just encourage you to hold strong and endure as better days are coming. Windows phones will not over take us. They are too code intensive which just means more and more areas for problems.

On a side note, routers issued a downgrade from neutral to negative but zacks maintains a buy rating. Our overall average is a strong hold/weak buy. This is gonna be common from now on until we get the next quarter or two reported with good numbers. BBRY just needs to keep releasing products and ota patches to address consumer concerns and we'll be just fine.

Hold strong all.
    04-11-13 06:29 AM
    Spread the love. LoL

[B]Foxconn woes: is Apple's time at the top over?[/B]

Tech Radar
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:00 AM GMT

Hon Hai Precision Industry, aka Apple manufacturer Foxconn, has reported its most dramatic revenue drop since at least 2000, with the finger being pointed at a slowdown in sales of iPhones and iPads.

It posted a 19 per cent slump in the first quarter compared with a year earlier - a dangerous sign that Apple has lost its once-firm grip on an increasingly competitive mobile device market.

Of course, slumps and spikes do happen, but results missed analyst estimates by 9.6 per cent, the biggest miscalculation in four years. It's believed that this shows a drop in demand for the Foxconn-built Apple products.

Apple accounts for around 60 to 70 per cent of Foxconn's sales, making it no surprise that the manufacturer is feeling the burn right now.

Back in 2000 the market was vastly different. Since then, Apple has risen to prominence with the success of its iPhone and iPad devices.

But times have changed, and the huge success of Samsung with its Galaxy S3, as well as the anticipation for the upcoming Galaxy S4, has made the Korean company's devices the product of choice for many consumers.

Things will no doubt pick up for Apple when it unveils the iPhone 5S and the iPad 5, but maybe this is a sign that Cupertino needs to learn to surprise us again.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-11-13 06:31 AM
    Also we are up a penny in pre-market right now. See some positive vibes already lol
    TimJohnSmith likes this.
    04-11-13 06:32 AM
    Good campaign.

Microsoft Lays Into Google Android Privacy In 'Scroogled' Campaign

Techweekeurope

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:20 AM GMT

Microsoft has heaped yet more opprobrium on Google over privacy, attacking Android as part of its continuing ‘Scroogled’ marketing push.

Having already slammed the way in which Gmail does targeted advertising, by scanning users’ messages, Microsoft has criticised its rival for handing over user details to app developers.

Are you getting Scroogled?

“When you buy an Android app from the Google app store, they give the app maker your full name, email address and the neighborhood where you live. This occurs without clear warning every single time you buy an app,” read a message on the updated Scroogled website.

“If you can't trust Google's app store, how can you trust them for anything?

“Google hands over details about you to app makers without any clear warning, placing your personal information in the hands of unknown third parties. The privacy breach could potentially lead to spam and online harassment.”

The Windows maker also issued the following video in its offensive against Google:

Microsoft has jumped on stories that emerged earlier this year. In February, Ben Edelman, an associate professor at Harvard Business School, urged the US government to look into how Google hands over names, geographic regions and email addresses of people who buy apps from its Play store

Google had not responded to a request for comment at the time of publication, but earlier this year it told TechWeekEurope what it thought of the Scroogled campaign.

When asked about the squabble over email privacy, Google senior corporate counsel for privacy, Keith Enright, said anyone who suggested Google’s ad-targetting algorithms infringe user privacy or run counter to users’ wishes was being “misleading and intellectually dishonest”.

Its terms and conditions for app developers and users of its Google Wallet explicitly state that such information will be handed over, and place emphasis on the developers' need to keep personal data protected and ensure user privacy.

"If privacy is to become a genuine differentiator then consumers need a genuine choice and at present the challenge is in markets like search - because of Google’s market share the only game in town is collecting more and more data to compete with them," Nick Pickles, director of the Big Brother Watch, told TechWeekEurope.

"The danger is that, as we’re seeing with Do Not Track, companies find ways to ignore or undermine consumer power and it’s essential that the law steps in to protect our ability to control our own data."

Microsoft, meanwhile, is desperate for people to fall in love with its Windows Phone, and knows Android is miles ahead in terms of smartphone adoption.

Microsoft is also part of a team of organisations pushing the European Commission to take action on Google over its practices. They believe Google is favouring its own services over others unfairly in search, whilst claiming it is not right Google is requiring Android device makers to place its apps on their homescreens by default.
    04-11-13 06:33 AM
    Spread the love. LoL

Keep it coming!!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 06:39 AM
    Morgan's timely intervention yesterday made clear the importance of discipline and patience.

The BBRY stock is a recovery play and I see it as a medium to long term investment. There is discipline in holding your nerve and the patience to wait and see the fruits of your investment.

The chart below has two trend lines rising to a resistance/support level at $35. I have used a quarterly timeframe for this chart. The 1st one occurred in 2004 and hopefully we are going to see a repeat with the current trend. Trendlines can stay intact for years, never mind weeks or months. The SP on the current trendline is projected to reach $23 by the end of this year and $34 by the end of 2014.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-l-t-bbry.png

I can understand the impatience of waiting for the SP to move higher. As Morgan said, go and get a hobby! I am fortunate to be a trader because it allows me to do other things with my life such as spending more time with my family and volunteering for charities. As I spend roughly 4 hours a day at my screen, I can do other things. I work with disabled people and have the time to act as a mentor to young disabled people fresh out of college. This, I find very rewarding. And that is why I consider trading to be the best job in the world if you get it right!

Happy birthday Kid!
    04-11-13 06:43 AM
    I think we'll see a lot of momentum build for BlackBerry over the summer and then see some really solid figures in September. Hopefully during that time we'll also see the IPhone 5s tank.
    04-11-13 06:47 AM
    The way I manage my investments is best described by concentric circles. At the core I have my physical holdings in precious metals; next I have my foundation of dividend bearing stocks; then I have a mix of stocks that I add to and subtract from depending on their performance. The outer most ring is my watch list, which contains a mixture of stocks that I have either never invested before that I may decide to at some point OR are stocks that I have invested but have decided to put back on the watch list because of under performance or uncertainty.

At this stage, for me, BBRY has fallen into my watch list ring again. Part of this is due to the fact that I have expanded the diversity of my portfolio to pick up some Japanese holdings.

Everybody has a strategy for investing, mine is somewhat methodical and while I generally stick with my plans, I am constantly changing the mixture.

If any of you ever tinker with old engines, I liken my investment adjustments to tinkering with old carburetors because what might be great one day might need to be dialed in a little differently tomorrow.

Happy trading folks!
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 07:35 AM
    04-11-13 07:43 AM
    Looks like a buying opportunity this morning. $14.25 in PM
    04-11-13 07:46 AM
    That means 30% would buy a blackberry phone. I'll take 30% market share any day of the week lol.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-13 07:46 AM
    Looks like a buying opportunity this morning. $14.25 in PM
    Hopefully it has the opposite effect that being up in PM has had as of late

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:48 AM
    That means 30% would buy a blackberry phone. I'll take 30% market share any day of the week lol.
    Worst part is, WP8 isn't being included in that comparison AND he calls WP an upstart OS, while it has been out much much longer than BB10 has.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-13 07:49 AM
    Holy volatility this morning in the PM.
    04-11-13 07:50 AM
    Today the news is high number of returns. This should be interesting...
    04-11-13 07:52 AM
    US Jobless Claims have fallen and so markets should do well today. However, being somewhat contrarian to market trends, it may not be so good for BBRY.
    04-11-13 07:53 AM
    Do you have a link?
    04-11-13 07:57 AM
    Where's the link on this new
    04-11-13 07:58 AM
    HAHA, if you type in "Z10 Retuns" into Google, all you get is news stories about BlackBerry returing to profit. So I'm not sure it's that unless there's a story waiting to be published.
    Last edited by AngryEdmontonian; 04-11-13 at 08:04 AM. Reason: I have sticky keys
    04-11-13 08:01 AM
    HAHA, if you type in "Z10 Retuns" into Google, all you get is news stories about BlackBerry returing to profit. So I'm not sure it's that unless there's a story witig to be published.
    Lol
    04-11-13 08:03 AM
    Wow... thats quite the PM drop.
    04-11-13 08:04 AM
    Really disappointing pre-market when everything else I'm holding seems to be slightly up or relatively unchanged. I've bought all I can of BBRY. Someone go out there and buy a few million shares please.
    04-11-13 08:05 AM
    Just twitter chatter so far, but twitter livestream search is often eerily accurate at predicting news.
    04-11-13 08:07 AM
113,256 ... 639640641642643 ...