View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OK, I think we might have a problem. Stock goes up we drink, stock goes down we drink, stock goes sideway we drink, and now some one's birthday we drink. I might be way off base here, but there is a remote possibility that we might have a drinking problem...LOL
    Well, if we ever have the $100 SP party, looks like all our profits will go to booze
    04-10-13 04:01 PM
    (I shudder at the recollection of what I was doing at your age. But it was in the '70s . . . . . . so I don't remember.)
    I was a young Corporal in Bad Kissingen, Germany trying to drink all the stock I could get hold of.
    Sounds familiar. And tell us about that Barmaid . . . . . . . who preferred men to liquor.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 04-10-13 at 04:12 PM.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-10-13 04:01 PM
    Charles, what the heck is happening with PWE. It dropped back down 6.6% today. I hope you got out in time.

I am still waiting for it to get higher as I am still deep in the red in this one.

Yip. I stopped some out at $10.50 and bought back in at $10.17. I originally bought this one back at $9.65 and hold it for the dividend.

I'm not sure what happened though. It may be speculation that the dividend is going to be cut. The put call ratio is only 0.19 at the moment, which is surprising given the sell-off.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 04:04 PM
    Sounds promising for BB rollout with the OPP...yeah you know me (couldnt resist)

http://www.midlandfreepress.com/2013...-pilot-project
    04-10-13 04:09 PM
    OK, I think we might have a problem. Stock goes up we drink, stock goes down we drink, stock goes sideway we drink, and now some one's birthday we drink. I might be way off base here, but there is a remote possibility that we might have a drinking problem...LOL
    Hey, I think I just found a source for our Surgical Ethanol for our Purple Jesus Parties. Used to live with some Med students who would arrenge for those dark brown 1 litre bottles of 100% pure ethanol on Friday nights.
    04-10-13 04:11 PM
    Oh, we have a trouble maker in the midsts.
    bungaboy, m0de25 and spike12 like this.
    04-10-13 04:11 PM
    Hey, I think I just found a source for our Surgical Ethanol for our Purple Jesus Parties. Used to live with some Med students who would arrenge for those dark brown 1 litre bottles of 100% pure ethanol on Friday nights.
    Lol...I drank "Purple Jesus Juice" when I went to MUN back in the 80s. Those were great lobby parties we had...Ahhh the mammories...lol
    04-10-13 04:15 PM
    Sounds promising for BB rollout with the OPP...yeah you know me (couldnt resist)

http://www.midlandfreepress.com/2013...-pilot-project
    Yeah, we sure didn't have that high tech stuff when I was in a squad car as a Military Police Officer. Heck, I didn't see a computer until 1991 and email until 1993. This is great for that department.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 04:16 PM
    Oh, we have a trouble maker in the midsts.
    Lol...the only problem is if we run out of booze...
    lcjr, spike12 and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-13 04:16 PM
    so maybe we should plan the drinks for the $100/share party?
    My choices
    Liquor - Crown Royal
    Beer - Sleeman's Honey Brown
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 04:17 PM

Local OPP chosen for Blackberry pilot project | Local | News | Midland Free Press
    From the story:

While officers have had cellphones, they had to go back to the cruiser to run a plate number or to dispatch for backup officers, she explained. Using the new protocol, officers can compress work that used to take an hour to five minutes.

�The preliminary reports from the officers have been fantastic,� she said. �I see them moving into other OPP detachments across the province.�
    lcjr, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-13 04:19 PM
    My choices
    Liquor - Crown Royal

Sounds good. I'd like to have some Shippeys Nut Brown added to that list. Mmm.
    04-10-13 04:20 PM
    Hmmm... the pure ethanol 1L bottles are usually clear (glass and plastic). I actually have a research lab at the university, we never drink laboratory ethanol but we do have a lot of it around.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-13 04:24 PM
    My choices
    Liquor - Crown Royal
    If it's anywhere near the Winter months, I'll pitch in for some "Smoked Beer". Had it in Germany and it rocked. Like drinking a smoked ham sandwhich! lol Rauch Beer.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-aecht-eiche.jpg
    04-10-13 04:25 PM
    Hmmm... the pure ethanol 1L bottles are usually clear (glass and plastic). I actually have a research lab at the university, we never drink laboratory ethanol but we do have a lot of it around.
    I have no idea what we had at MUN all those years ago but we never went blind...lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 04:26 PM
    Yip. I stopped some out at $10.50 and bought back in at $10.17. I originally bought this one back at $9.65 and hold it for the dividend.

I'm not sure what happened though. It may be speculation that the dividend is going to be cut. The put call ratio is only 0.19 at the moment, which is surprising given the sell-off.
    Took a quick peak at PWE and was just curious why you are playing this stock as the long term trend line is to the down side. Take a look at HERO.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-10-13 04:37 PM
    I have no idea what we had at MUN all those years ago but we never went blind...lol
    LOL... methanol will make people go blind, but some laboratory ethanol reagents are contaminated with benzene, which won't make you blind but definitely not something that you would want to drink. No need to worry (it's too late for you anyhow, LOL), because the amount of benzene in there is usually very low.
    04-10-13 04:41 PM
    04-10-13 04:57 PM
    Morgan has some excellent advice, one that echo's through the great investors, "Stick to your plan". I've stuck to my plan throughout this entire investment, sure I could have made more switching it up, but I could have lost as well. It's all about controlling emotions. I have a lot invested in this but I am not attached to my money (but I do want to keep it! Obviously I have an exit point if it goes to crap). If that was the case, I would have panicked and sold when it went down to 12.90 on the TSX last month! After 2 months, I maintain at slightly above even... LOL.

on a bright side, I am 25 today woo!

Happy Birthday Kid! Live it to the max, with no regrets.
    bungaboy and Kid Vibe like this.
    04-10-13 05:00 PM
    Lol...it's free advertising for BB... And without the sample demographic used in the servey it has zero credability.

Fact is someone is reading that article and going...Hmmm, maybe I will go look at that new thing. Now if we can just get the carriers to do thier jobs and sell like hell.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 05:06 PM
    Yep, but most people today aren't aware of what's happening in the world unless it effects them directly or you put it in their hands. Blinders and goggles everywhere today. It's very rare to find somebody that's aware of what's going on in the world.
    04-10-13 05:09 PM
    It also doesn't help that the survey started in early March, before the Z10 had launched in the US, and before any sort of advertizing had begun. It's a very odd thing to conduct a survey of 1500 people over a whole month. And the title is very misleading. The survey itself said that Americans are unaware of the new BB, not that they don't care. And of those 1500, 5.7% said they would be buying a new BB. That's behind only Apple and Samsung. So with a poor survey period, the numbers aren't that bad.
    04-10-13 05:15 PM
    It also doesn't help that the survey started in early March, before the Z10 had launched in the US, and before any sort of advertizing had begun. It's a very odd thing to conduct a survey of 1500 people over a whole month. And the title is very misleading. The survey itself said that Americans are unaware of the new BB, not that they don't care. And of those 1500, 5.7% said they would be buying a new BB. That's behind only Apple and Samsung. So with a poor survey period, the numbers aren't that bad.
    Yes, the main thing we need to consider is the time frame of the survey. It was prior to the release in the USA so obviously there had been very little advertising.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:20 PM
    Yes, the main thing we need to consider is the time frame of the survey. It was prior to the release in the USA so obviously there had been very little advertising.

Posted via CB10
    Speaking of which, when will we start seeing the Q10 marketing campaign?
    04-10-13 05:24 PM
    My choices
    Liquor - Crown Royal
    Pffff seeman's is just labatts with food colouring in it.
    04-10-13 05:38 PM
113,256 ... 637638639640641 ...