View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Don't worry, I was touching wood while I typed it.
    so was I
    04-10-13 02:20 PM
    Happy Birthday Kid!!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-happy-birthday-12.jpg
    04-10-13 02:20 PM
    Don't worry, I was touching wood while I typed it.
    so was I
    I was a bit creeped out until I noticed you were holding a drumstick. And of course a cowbell.
    04-10-13 02:25 PM
    so was I
    Is that why the stock went up? LoL
    lcjr and cjcampbell like this.
    04-10-13 02:29 PM
    Boy the shorts are really trying hard to control the stock today.
    04-10-13 02:37 PM
    Hi Rebekah!

I agree, we would all like to lower our cost basis while we wait but to do so involves trading the position or selling Call Options against the trade. I believe the thing that is hard for many to understand is the potential of this investment. Day traders leave us feeling cheated out of some solid gains, we turn against our better judgment and plan to sell on "any rally" and get back in later. The problem with that theory is it doesn't work. When a stock bases out, it chews up plenty of time, the time translates into an even bigger rally down the road. So when you think that 2 months of channel trading or sideways trading is boring and manipulated, you miss the whole point that the magnitude of the upside is proportional to the length of time spent building a base. So if the base is two boring months, the length of that two months is typically stood on end to gauge the height of the move up from there. This means that instead of dumping your stock at the 52 week high, as so many talk about doing, you would be better off letting it make another 52 week high at $ 22.00/shr. This is where most investors fail, they can't hold for the rally when it finally comes.

And so trying to lower your cost basis should be a function of buying at support and selling at resistance. Today, if you bought at support which is the 50-dma you are rewarded immediately with a gain. You can't have any regrets in this game, you figure out what works and stick to the plan and refine it again and again until you have something you are proud of.
    Agreed and yes I took advantage today
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-10-13 02:42 PM
    Something is coming...they are trying to shake the weak hands.
    fedakd, spike12 and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-13 02:43 PM
    Great read on the whole BYOD phenomenon. Seems to me that BB10 is best established to deal with the future challenges of BYOD, especially as I read down the article.

Make sure your company’s BYOD policy doesn’t stand for “bring your own disaster” – Quartz
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-13 02:46 PM
    Kid, I agree in full & happy birthday to you!
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    04-10-13 02:47 PM
    Well even though we were down for the day, we're still bang on with both Friday's close and Monday's close. Yippee.... more lateral movement.. hahaha.
    04-10-13 03:07 PM
    Morgan has some excellent advice, one that echo's through the great investors, "Stick to your plan". I've stuck to my plan throughout this entire investment, sure I could have made more switching it up, but I could have lost as well. It's all about controlling emotions. I have a lot invested in this but I am not attached to my money (but I do want to keep it! Obviously I have an exit point if it goes to crap). If that was the case, I would have panicked and sold when it went down to 12.90 on the TSX last month! After 2 months, I maintain at slightly above even... LOL.

on a bright side, I am 25 today woo!

Attachment 149967
    Happy Birthday Kid! Have a great one!

(I shudder at the recollection of what I was doing at your age. But it was in the '70s . . . . . . so I don't remember.)
    lcjr, BlackistheBerry and Kid Vibe like this.
    04-10-13 03:18 PM
    Happy Birthday Kid! Have a great one!

(I shudder at the recollection of what I was doing at your age. But it was in the '70s . . . . . . so I don't remember.)
    Maybe you bought a crapload of startup Apple stocks, and just don't remember
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-13 03:27 PM
    Happy Birthday, Kid!

Yep - my strategy is to stick to the plan. I've been tempted too to sell high, buy low. But chickened out every-time. My original plan was to hold untill Jan 2014. But (because BBRY delayed Z10 and Q10 by almost a quarter), I now plan to hold untill at least till mid 2014. That's the only revision I've made to my strategy.

Of course, if BBRY were to start doing terrible, that is if fundamentals were to start looking bad (like not selling phones, increasing costs etc.) , I'd re-look. But so far, I feel, waiting 1 to 1.5 year is the way to go.
    bungaboy, MrBurns2U and Kid Vibe like this.
    04-10-13 03:29 PM
    This should give some reference to solidifying a base and sideways trading :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sc.png

Please look at Sept, Oct and Nov.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    04-10-13 03:31 PM
    Funny, I linked that this morning along with the Credit Suisse report, yet it took all day for the Morgan Stanley's report to get on Barron's, and they had the credit Suisse report front and centre early in the day.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-13 03:31 PM
    (I shudder at the recollection of what I was doing at your age. But it was in the '70s . . . . . . so I don't remember.)[/QUOTE]

I was a young Corporal in Bad Kissingen, Germany trying to drink all the stock I could get hold of.
    04-10-13 03:32 PM
    Well even though we were down for the day, we're still bang on with both Friday's close and Monday's close. Yippee.... more lateral movement.. hahaha.
    That calls for a cold one. Bottoms up to Kid!
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and Kid Vibe like this.
    04-10-13 03:35 PM
    That calls for a cold one. Bottoms up to Kid!
    Ok, I'll do my part and drink one for the Kid after work..
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and Kid Vibe like this.
    04-10-13 03:37 PM
    Thanks for the wishes guys, right back atchya! Hopefully we can get some good news coming up... Glad to see some analysts mainlining a buy.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-13 03:40 PM
    Thanks for the wishes guys, right back atchya! Hopefully we can get some good news coming up... Glad to see some analysts mainlining a buy.
    I'm having a beer in your honour right now..... Cheers Kid and happy Birthday!!
    bungaboy, lcjr and Kid Vibe like this.
    04-10-13 03:46 PM
    The money I pulled out of this went into my PWE holdings and it jumped almost 6% today. I wish that these two stock could work like this all the time...lol
    Charles, what the heck is happening with PWE. It dropped back down 6.6% today. I hope you got out in time.

I am still waiting for it to get higher as I am still deep in the red in this one.
    04-10-13 03:48 PM
    OK, I think we might have a problem. Stock goes up we drink, stock goes down we drink, stock goes sideway we drink, and now some one's birthday we drink. I might be way off base here, but there is a remote possibility that we might have a drinking problem...LOL
    04-10-13 03:51 PM
    Maybe you bought a crapload of startup Apple stocks, and just don't remember
    Nope. LoL. The only thing resembling anything Apple would have been "Apple Jack or fermented Apple Cider" We used to drink "Golden Glow" (15.5% )

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-golden-glow-2.png
    Shanerredflag and m0de25 like this.
    04-10-13 03:56 PM
    I drink every time someone mentions the word "BBRY"

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy, lcjr and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-10-13 03:57 PM
    OK, I think we might have a problem. Stock goes up we drink, stock goes down we drink, stock goes sideway we drink, and now some one's birthday we drink. I might be way off base here, but there is a remote possibility that we might have a drinking problem...LOL
    Naw...and I'll drink to that, once I finish one for Kid
    plasmid_boy, lcjr and Kid Vibe like this.
    04-10-13 03:58 PM
113,256 ... 636637638639640 ...