1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Anyone own Yahoo on here?
    As in to watch the stock?
    04-10-13 12:06 PM
    For some weird reason people are buying the $22 and $23 apr.20 calls. Maybe someone is expecting some big news to come out before then?
    fedakd likes this.
    04-10-13 12:06 PM
    Morgan+8=port in the storm
    In my scenario, I want to get my SP down, so a wee bit of buy/sell/buy tweaking (minor loss)
    will = a greater gain for my moderate term time frame.
    I still don't trade with a easy mind on any stock, but I'm not sure I'd want it any other way.
    It keeps me humble lol.
    04-10-13 12:07 PM
    whenever it has a down day, i remind myself;

i've seen this stock go from $11 - $18 - $12.50 - $17.20 - $12.90 - $17.20. - $13.90 - $15.50 ( all on tsx )
    whenever i think it is at a low it will never come back from, it does.
    i used to panic at the lows and feel like the king at the highs.
    now, i just try not to care.
    on the ER, i bought at $15.12, which was the LOD and thought i did well. then TH did a cnbc interview and the stock dropped to $14.45. i usually would've panicked. but i didn't, then watched it come right back and close at $15.09
    04-10-13 12:08 PM
    Well like a rookie who just wanted a piece I bought in at 18.12 lol. But I learned some important lessons. If I waited a week later with could have double the shares I have now. But I'm okay with things so far.

My thinking is that things are going really well. Not amazing but are going. Alot of news people are looking at customer sales and not the business side. Even with just personal buyers things look good. The business side is going to be massive. U think business men want to type out emails using iphone or Android? Just you wait
    04-10-13 12:16 PM
    They are doing the same with some Canadian Natural Gas companies stocks.
    Energy is completely different thought because there are so many external factors for energy stocks. Not only do they have to perform well, there has to be good pricing (hedging strategies perhaps to lock in strong profits). Has to have good assets/production and the overall economy has a huge influence on energy. + Clowns in BC who won't let pipelines through so we can stop losing money on gas doesn't help either. WTB LNG Terminals Plz.

On another note, midstream is strong right now and continuing to go strong. Gas will for sure come back but when is the big question. Companies like NVA have locked in some good deals and as a result bounced back. BNP as well. If you like fluctuations, energy is worth investing in.

I'm popped in WCP (52 Week High Currently), TBE (Recovering but super strong company), KEY (Midstream nuff said), TOU (Mike Rose need i say more).
    04-10-13 12:17 PM
    I wanted to read some pessimistic posts, so I came to this thread!!!
    [...]
    As for the latest short position, it is real, there is no hidden agenda here, the shorts still hold their position on mass and they will cover when they feel it is worth their while to do so. The short position is no different than Netflix, it isn't watered down, nor is it weak, it is simply huge and the potential is enormous here. Nothing has changed but the rate at which the company is launching its products. If BB would launch the Q10, feed some data back to us and pick a date to launch in the US, then you would have a basis to buy the stock. For now relax and look into that hobby. GL
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-thanks.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tumblr_mh2xnoegld1s410g9o1_500.jpg
    But within the M+8 lines
    04-10-13 12:20 PM
    Canadian banks continuously try to rip us off, doesn't matter which one. All banks basically have the same trading fees for accounts. Where's the choice?
    I use Credential Direct. Little steep at $19/trade but I like ir better than RBC @ $29/trade.
    04-10-13 12:35 PM
    Ok, put on your tinfoil hats....maybe it's just me but why are all the news outlets picking up on the credit-suisse gross margin story, but no one seems to be reporting on the Morgan Stanley overweight reiteration that basically refutes the gross margin argument made by credit-Suisse as being a positive not a negative?
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 12:38 PM
    Thank you M8, always technical and very informative that takes my emotions away and allow focus on better things such as new hobby. :thumbup:
    LuckyJP, bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    04-10-13 12:43 PM
    A reiteration usually isn't news. In fact some may view it a somewhat negative things as if they have to say it again because the first time it didn't carry the day. I don't see it that way but don't think lack of coverage of it is a sign of anything in particular

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-10-13 12:46 PM
    Morgan+8=port in the storm
    In my scenario, I want to get my SP down, so a wee bit of buy/sell/buy tweaking (minor loss)
    will = a greater gain for my moderate term time frame.
    I still don't trade with a easy mind on any stock, but I'm not sure I'd want it any other way.
    It keeps me humble lol.
    Hi Rebekah!

I agree, we would all like to lower our cost basis while we wait but to do so involves trading the position or selling Call Options against the trade. I believe the thing that is hard for many to understand is the potential of this investment. Day traders leave us feeling cheated out of some solid gains, we turn against our better judgment and plan to sell on "any rally" and get back in later. The problem with that theory is it doesn't work. When a stock bases out, it chews up plenty of time, the time translates into an even bigger rally down the road. So when you think that 2 months of channel trading or sideways trading is boring and manipulated, you miss the whole point that the magnitude of the upside is proportional to the length of time spent building a base. So if the base is two boring months, the length of that two months is typically stood on end to gauge the height of the move up from there. This means that instead of dumping your stock at the 52 week high, as so many talk about doing, you would be better off letting it make another 52 week high at $ 22.00/shr. This is where most investors fail, they can't hold for the rally when it finally comes.

And so trying to lower your cost basis should be a function of buying at support and selling at resistance. Today, if you bought at support which is the 50-dma you are rewarded immediately with a gain. You can't have any regrets in this game, you figure out what works and stick to the plan and refine it again and again until you have something you are proud of.
    04-10-13 12:47 PM
    For some weird reason people are buying the $22 and $23 apr.20 calls. Maybe someone is expecting some big news to come out before then?
    Ya, that is interesting, particularly at that price point.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 12:51 PM
    they were both re-iterations (one sell, one overweight), and both were based on different angles on the same gross margin story so pardon me for thinking that the negative seems to always outweigh the positive when it comes to the media and this stock for whatever reason.

A reiteration usually isn't news. In fact some may view it a somewhat negative things as if they have to say it again because the first time it didn't carry the day. I don't see it that way but don't think lack of coverage of it is a sign of anything in particular

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 12:52 PM
    As in to watch the stock?
    I've been watching it lately and it has been rising steady. Just wanted to see what others thought of it. I know this is a BBRY forum. lol
    04-10-13 12:54 PM
    Hi Rebekah!

I agree, we would all like to lower our cost basis while we wait but to do so involves trading the position or selling Call Options against the trade. I believe the thing that is hard for many to understand is the potential of this investment. Day traders leave us feeling cheated out of some solid gains, we turn against our better judgment and plan to sell on "any rally" and get back in later. The problem with that theory is it doesn't work. When a stock bases out, it chews up plenty of time, the time translates into an even bigger rally down the road. So when you think that 2 months of channel trading or sideways trading is boring and manipulated, you miss the whole point that the magnitude of the upside is proportional to the length of time spent building a base. So if the base is two boring months, the length of that two months is typically stood on end to gauge the height of the move up from there. This means that instead of dumping your stock at the 52 week high, as so many talk about doing, you would be better off letting it make another 52 week high at $ 22.00/shr. This is where most investors fail, they can't hold for the rally when it finally comes.

And so trying to lower your cost basis should be a function of buying at support and selling at resistance. Today, if you bought at support which is the 50-dma you are rewarded immediately with a gain. You can't have any regrets in this game, you figure out what works and stick to the plan and refine it again and again until you have something you are proud of.
    Absolutely spot on! Took me 3 years to 'get it'!!
    04-10-13 01:07 PM
    wow, almost even again.
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-10-13 01:13 PM
    wow, almost even again.
    Please tell me you didn't just jinx it, and this is the resistance level of the 5-DMA?? - j/k...
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-13 01:18 PM
    almost recovered now.
    so, today i bought at $14.87 ( thought it was the low but wasn't ), and sold at $15.05. made $315.
    1hour 45 mins to see if i made the right decision to sell at $15.05 or not.

i was down $3000 and am clawing my way back. down $1100 now.
    04-10-13 01:18 PM
    These daily spike-n-drops have become so predictable that in absence of news it's getting really tempting to play them. Sell at 10, buy it back at noon. Repeat daily when there is no morning news. Gradually get back to black...
    04-10-13 01:32 PM
    Sorry on the move and I didn't realize both were the same. OT but here is the Freedom Tower under construction brought to you by the z10
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000016.jpg

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, LuckyJP, La Emperor and 8 others like this.
    04-10-13 01:33 PM
    Morgan has some excellent advice, one that echo's through the great investors, "Stick to your plan". I've stuck to my plan throughout this entire investment, sure I could have made more switching it up, but I could have lost as well. It's all about controlling emotions. I have a lot invested in this but I am not attached to my money (but I do want to keep it! Obviously I have an exit point if it goes to crap). If that was the case, I would have panicked and sold when it went down to 12.90 on the TSX last month! After 2 months, I maintain at slightly above even... LOL.

on a bright side, I am 25 today woo!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-25_years_old_by_chubby_cherry.jpg
    04-10-13 02:02 PM
    Happy Birthday.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    04-10-13 02:06 PM
    Please tell me you didn't just jinx it, and this is the resistance level of the 5-DMA?? - j/k...
    Don't worry, I was touching wood while I typed it.
    04-10-13 02:12 PM
    Morgan Stanley came out with a report today giving BBRY an overweight rating. After viewing BBRY's 10-K filing Ehud Gelblum believes BBRY will sell at least 40 million devices this fiscal year.

But the most important part, argues Gelblum, is that the forward forecast for amortization seems to imply much higher expected unit shipments, on the order of 10 million per quarter versus last quarter�s 6 million units:

The interesting new bit of information in the 40-F is a part guiding total license amortization � including both the COGS and opex portions of it � to $1.2B in FY�14, or $300M / qtr on average, far above the $202M number amortized in the FQ4�12 February quarter just reported. Given that the new license structures are much more heavily volume-driven than before, we believe the average $300M/qtr guidance � roughly 50% above the FQ4�12 $202M number � implies that the company expects average unit volume in FY�14 to be at least 50% higher than the 6M units shipped in FQ4�12, or 9M+/qtr. Assuming that the $202M FQ4 number still contains some amount of fixed level amortization, however, say $50M, and that the remaining $152M is therefore unit-based, this would imply that $300M/qtr in amortization represents a unit volume roughly 2/3 higher than the 6M units shipped in FQ4�12, or roughly 10M units/qtr on average in FY�14.

The result is in line with the 36 million units he had been forecasting for this fiscal year ending next February, writes Gelblum, and he�s not changing his estimates at this time.
    BBRY: 10-K Supports Bullish Shipment View, Says Morgan Stanley - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    04-10-13 02:12 PM
113,256 ... 635636637638639 ...