View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nope. Logical. It's almost $120k just sitting there. I'd rather make more productive use of it.

This thing is going to float along for some time yet and so I'll come back in when things look better.

At least that's my view.
    No dividend doesn't help. On the road today, in about an hour I will be walking on Wall Street, anything you guys want me to do....
    04-10-13 11:01 AM
    Is this due to shareholders selling off their shares they purchased earlier when the price was really cheap?
    Not sure but glad I got out!
    04-10-13 11:01 AM
    As long as this stock keeps this pace slowly the bollinger bands are squeezing tighter and tighter. Im telling ya a breakout should be coming. We will be going up quickly or down quickly COMING SOON!! Based on 3 month bollinger bands
    Well thank you for your genius analysis. That's like saying we have a 50% chance of precipitation today. Seriously...
    04-10-13 11:02 AM
    Yup, unless there is another bad news lurking. Chris Umi however, explained this is positive in the long run when production channels all get ramped up for the new devices. He further suggested that it is a good starting margin 20% points ( if I remember correctly ) and should scale up in a few quarters.

For now, more ammo for the shorts though..

Last edited by La Emperor; 04-10-13 at 11:19 AM. Reason: from Baron's artcile, it was actually 26% GM for BB10 devices
    04-10-13 11:03 AM
    As long as this stock keeps this pace slowly the bollinger bands are squeezing tighter and tighter. Im telling ya a breakout should be coming. We will be going up quickly or down quickly COMING SOON!! Based on 3 month bollinger bands
    It is why I got out as if I were a betting man, I can no longer bet on it going up quickly.
    04-10-13 11:04 AM
    I'm not doing anything with mine for 4-5 years.

Big owners like Prem Watsa have to wait until the stock gets back into the $17 range before his shares breakeven. That seems like one of the reasons we keep bouncing off that resistance level.
    I worry he will reduce his position at 18 or so. Not sell completely, but take some off the table. It has been dead money for him and it is hard to get returns with a lot of dead money tied up. I wouldn't be surprised if he unloaded 25% of his position at 18 or so.
    04-10-13 11:05 AM
    No dividend doesn't help. On the road today, in about an hour I will be walking on Wall Street, anything you guys want me to do....
    Ride the Bull!
    04-10-13 11:06 AM
    Morgan stanley reiterated overweight!

http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/04/res...ey-is-bullish/
    Hi-Five! Hope this makes greater headlines, problem right now is that Google news is filled with pre-orders for the Q10.

I'm not doing anything with mine for 4-5 years.

Big owners like Prem Watsa have to wait until the stock gets back into the $17 range before his shares breakeven. That seems like one of the reasons we keep bouncing off that resistance level.
    Bingo! I have a year time-line on mine, unless something drastic happens. Like if TH mis-read the ER report and people found out BB was bankrupt. Oh, and don't forget, Mike L, former Co-CEO has left the company but has maintained his shares.

I hear ya, but this keeps getting reiterated time and time again and it doesn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should expect great increases on a regular basis, but this is getting ridiculous with the manipulation and constant plunges.
    I think the squeeze won't come (if it ever does) unless there is a game changing announcement. There hasn't been one recently, the closest was the 1 000 000 order. I thought the ER would give it a boost, but apparently not. Something huge must be announced for the stock to get an ********!
    04-10-13 11:09 AM
    It's is a help to older BBs.

Viber Brings Voice Calls To BlackBerry OS (Not BB10) In Beta Update
    Jordan Crook

Just a few months ago, Skype competitor Viber previewed voice calling on the BlackBerry platform. Viber is available on a multitude of platforms, including iOS, Windows Phone 8, Bada, S40, Symbian, and the list goes on.

However, BlackBerry represents a good chunk of Viber’s user base (it’s their third largest platform behind iOS and Android), and yet it’s still in the minority of Viber apps that don’t have access to voice calls. Today all that changes.

Viber has pushed out an update for BlackBerry users to version 2.4 of the Viber app, finally bringing free voice calls to BlackBerry users for the first time. At first, the update will roll out in a beta version to push the feature out as quickly as possible. Later on, Viber will release the official update.

Here’s what Viber CEO Talmon Marco said in a prepared statement:

BlackBerry is one of the most important markets for us and represents our third largest user base. We are thrilled to bring this community free voice calling, letting them communicate freely with all of their important contacts across multiple platforms.

Interestingly enough, this latest update to voice calling doesn’t include support for the new BB10 operating system BlackBerry is so excited about. The update is compatible with BlackBerry OS 5 and OS 7 — apparently OS 6 simply can’t handle Viber’s voice calling feature “due to inherent limitations of the operating system.”

The update to version 2.4 also squashes some performance bugs for BlackBerry OS 5 users, and has sped things up for users who are sending stickers to their friends.

In terms of voice calling, users running OS 5 and OS 7 will have access to free voice calling on both WiFi and 3G.

If you’re interested in downloading the beta and getting started with Viber for BlackBerry 2.4, simply click here.

04-10-13 11:09 AM
    Well thank you for your genius analysis. That's like saying we have a 50% chance of precipitation today. Seriously...
    No need for wise cracks... this thread isn't like that. We like to play nice with eachother.
    04-10-13 11:10 AM
    TomJasper where are you?

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    04-10-13 11:11 AM
    I worry he will reduce his position at 18 or so. Not sell completely, but take some off the table. It has been dead money for him and it is hard to get returns with a lot of dead money tied up. I wouldn't be surprised if he unloaded 25% of his position at 18 or so.
    I'd be very surprised if he did, unless it was because the stock was still around $18 in 2015 or so.

He is an extremely long-term investor. Everything about him is about the long view, and I bet he is barely aware of the stock price on a given day, unless it's tied to some very interesting news or does something very unusual.

�In this frenzied, hyper environment, activist investors and hedge funds have become dominant � all focused on short term gains,� ... �Managements are replaced, employees laid off, divisions sold and companies auctioned off so that these investors can make a quick gain. Many a good company can be destroyed by these actions. We continue to take the long view, always friendly and always supportive of management.� -- Prem Watsa as quoted in Prem Watsa: Why you shouldn't listen to analysts about BlackBerry
    04-10-13 11:17 AM
    Actually it's not. A forecast of precipitation like that is a binary choice: it rains, or it doesn't.

He's describing a trinary choice, and eliminating one of the three as increasingly unlikely. That is, it can go up quickly, down quickly, or do neither, and he's saying it won't be doing neither for much longer.
    bungaboy and AngryEdmontonian like this.
    04-10-13 11:20 AM
    Thanks. I still couldn't find it so I called into their customer support. They told me that I am not eligible to receive this service as I do not do more than 30 trades in a quarter.

Under the trade tab, there's a link for 'dashboard' which will take you to a separate window
    for that application (that's where you can expand the BB quote to level 2 streaming volume orders etc.)
    04-10-13 11:23 AM
    I wanted to read some pessimistic posts, so I came to this thread!!! Here is the latest chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-april-10-2013-chart.jpg

So let's review, we are down $ .12/shr or 12 pennies on the week after having been up $ .26/shr last week. We are trading within a pennant formation or that sym-triangle because we have zero news. We are stretching the neutral trade out until some news hits the market. Apple turned positive for a couple of days trading above its 5-dma today and looking to rally to $ 445/shr., many sell BlackBerry and go long AAPL. And so the stock is boring but trading normally on no news. We went up to the downtrend line first thing this morning to see if today was the day we breakout, we failed on the rally and naturally, there's is some light selling. We traded down to the 50-dma and found support and now we will build and move higher from here. Chances are great that we will finish flat of slightly higher this week on no news.

If this boring to you, find a hobby, it is the way the market fills time while waiting for news. BlackBerry is very quiet about the launch of the new phone, they delayed it until the end of this month which means they are likely delaying the launch in the US too. And so the stock has to wait several more weeks to get to where we should have been last week. All of these delays mean the stock is held captive until data becomes available. And so you buy the stock at support (today) and sell it at resistance, the downtrend line until news trumps the trade.

As mentioned, the Bollinger Bands are getting really tight in here and are days away from a major move. To say we keep hearing this over and over is to say the company keeps delaying it launch of the next product. Who's fault is it that we have been forced to mark time? When the news comes, there will be a huge move, if you know what the news is, good for you, many don't know and to say this trading is somehow negative for BB is silly. It isn't positive or negative, it is simply killing time for news. I can't stress that enough.

As for the latest short position, it is real, there is no hidden agenda here, the shorts still hold their position on mass and they will cover when they feel it is worth their while to do so. The short position is no different than Netflix, it isn't watered down, nor is it weak, it is simply huge and the potential is enormous here. Nothing has changed but the rate at which the company is launching its products. If BB would launch the Q10, feed some data back to us and pick a date to launch in the US, then you would have a basis to buy the stock. For now relax and look into that hobby. GL
    04-10-13 11:25 AM
    what 5 shares only, thats less than $100..... oh well
    04-10-13 11:30 AM
    I guess there's just those days when several people need/want to vent or otherwise relay their frustrations to the group. I love this thread because there are some seriously smart people in here that understand and can provide some guidance, which often calms the beast.
    04-10-13 11:31 AM
    What I was saying is exactly that. We won't be sitting up .20 or down .20 and just flat overall. Normally in Bollinger bands when things get tight the stock goes for a real ride. Up or down. But it won't just putter around 15.
    04-10-13 11:31 AM
    I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of the people who express their opinions/support in this forum. I have been feeling down and mostly regretting investing in BBRY, as my posts would clearly indicate, but I'm going to stick with it until it turns the corner. If I did get out today, I'd be down almost 7 grand and that would suck far more than a paper loss. Once again, thank you everyone.
    cjcampbell, leafs123, lcjr and 4 others like this.
    04-10-13 11:40 AM
    Prem is probably going to hold for years unless something changes. He knows what we know. That bbry is quite possibly in the middle of a big turnaround.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 11:44 AM
    Thanks M8...very much appreciate your time and effort contributing.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:49 AM
    Thanks. I still couldn't find it so I called into their customer support. They told me that I am not eligible to receive this service as I do not do more than 30 trades in a quarter.
    Canadian banks continuously try to rip us off, doesn't matter which one. All banks basically have the same trading fees for accounts. Where's the choice?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-10-13 11:53 AM
    I don't think Prem will exit, especially since he is on the board, but reducing his massive position could be an option. I suspect he will sit tight for 2-3 more quarters but if the shares don't move, he may consider a smaller position. Who knows though, he is a patient man amoung a world of impatient people

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    04-10-13 11:59 AM
    I'm just disgusted with how this stock is being manipulated. Any other stock I've invested in the past, and I research quite a bit before jumping in, didn't behave like this. I mean after analyst upgrades, pretty solid ER, announcement of new products and generally positive sentiment this thing should be in the green. Instead, it's tanking and wiping away all my gains for the year. Yes, I'm frustrated!
    They are doing the same with some Canadian Natural Gas companies stocks.
    04-10-13 12:01 PM
    Anyone own Yahoo on here?
    04-10-13 12:02 PM
113,256 ... 634635636637638 ...