View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So if the news of Q10`s imminent release in Canada and UK is doing diddly squad to the stock price, and in fact it's falling, how can we possibly remain optimistic about our investment? I'm one frustrated and disappointed investor, that much I know. Should I cut my losses and sell this dead weight?...
    I'll say it... NO! Wait a bit longer. Unless you have to have that money right away, let it sit a bit longer. My nerves get pinged as well now and then because I need this to go up past $15.08 so I can sell and buy more on a dip. Now it's just sitting here and I have no additional funds to buy more. But I vent and talk with friends on this thread and it all gets better.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-13 09:53 AM
    Edited to add, keeping some extra liquidity to play
    the lows helps take some of the sting out of waiting for this thing
    to make some significant movement upwards. I'm still in the red
    but like the previous poster said, getting a couple hundred here and there
    is helpful and having it readily available for further and possible deeper unforeseen dips
    is great insurance k.w.i.m.
    That's just my take.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-10-13 09:54 AM
    No one here can really advise you on what to do with your stock holdings. But, man, based on your previous posts, this thing is beating you up.
    I'm just disgusted with how this stock is being manipulated. Any other stock I've invested in the past, and I research quite a bit before jumping in, didn't behave like this. I mean after analyst upgrades, pretty solid ER, announcement of new products and generally positive sentiment this thing should be in the green. Instead, it's tanking and wiping away all my gains for the year. Yes, I'm frustrated!
    04-10-13 09:58 AM
    For me ive found that owning shares in a few companies is alot better. When you just own BBRY and it goes red for a few days its annoying. For me currently im watching my other stocks because they are more based on swings and not longer term. So I dont care what bbry does in the near term
    04-10-13 09:59 AM
    I'm just disgusted with how this stock is being manipulated. Any other stock I've invested in the past, and I research quite a bit before jumping in, didn't behave like this. I mean after analyst upgrades, pretty solid ER, announcement of new products and generally positive sentiment this thing should be in the green. Instead, it's tanking and wiping away all my gains for the year. Yes, I'm frustrated!
    I hear your frustration. We are all sharing it to some extent. For me, I'm still in the red. That said, by holding till say Sept, if the gain is substantial enough, then divide that gain over the time frame you've waited and depending on the size of your investment may be equivalent to modest day trading. My strategy is doing a wee bit of both.
    BlackistheBerry and MrBurns2U like this.
    04-10-13 10:05 AM
    They haven't eliminated cents, just pennies. The two are not exactly the same thing...
    Wish they would get rid of the non sense.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-10-13 10:07 AM
    To all the Canadians on this forum, what do you guys use for trading that has the lowest fee?

I used to work for one of the big banks and had staff pricing (which I used for trading), but I no longer work there and they just removed the staff pricing from my account. Just looking for the best alternative now.
    I use iTrade with Scotia...9.99 ( provided minimum balance met).

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle likes this.
    04-10-13 10:13 AM
    Just bought 500 more shares, Ready for the move up, any time now, In for the long haul either way
    04-10-13 10:20 AM
    I used questrade but I just can't justify not using a bank anymore. Every other system ive used is god awful. Plus I like being able to xfer with ease to my bank within seconds vs days. That's just my 02 cents
    Keep in mind that questrade used to be horrific and just completely revamped their platform into what it is now.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:23 AM
    The HIGHER the market goes the MORE BBRY seems to drop!

It is just crazy!
    Markymark 23 and fedakd like this.
    04-10-13 10:26 AM
    How do you access level 2 quotes? I was looking around the site but I couldn't find it.

I use RBC Direct Investing and have level 2 quotes with their dashboard, which I like
    because I can see the running volume flow orders and can usually get in on a good low that
    way as I can see the accumulating sell orders and if the volume is much much higher on the sell side
    then I can usually time it well and vice versa. Anyway my price 20 round trip. Which is not great, but those level 2 components make it worth it for me.
    04-10-13 10:27 AM
    Alright, I've lowered my estimated... If BB is unable to stay above the 15 mark by the end of the month... I don't know what to say. If it has a strong Q1 and it doesn't jump, RIP. Holding on until then anyways.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-10-13 10:28 AM
    My break even mark is just under $16. I'm probably going to get out of BBRY completely if it reaches that level, which doesn't even look likely to reach for a while. I think I'm going to need a drink now. This ffing stock is making me into an alcoholic, lol. I'm a blackberriholic...
    Markymark 23 and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-10-13 10:36 AM
    How do you access level 2 quotes? I was looking around the site but I couldn't find it.
    Under the trade tab, there's a link for 'dashboard' which will take you to a separate window
    for that application (that's where you can expand the BB quote to level 2 streaming volume orders etc.)
    04-10-13 10:36 AM
    The HIGHER the market goes the MORE BBRY seems to drop!

It is just crazy!
    Is this due to shareholders selling off their shares they purchased earlier when the price was really cheap?
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    04-10-13 10:37 AM
    Geez guys I take a couple days break from watching this thing and this is what happens? Good thing i have thick skin or I would get scared out lol
    lcjr and matthewriedle like this.
    04-10-13 10:37 AM
    04-10-13 10:38 AM
    For me ive found that owning shares in a few companies is alot better. When you just own BBRY and it goes red for a few days its annoying. For me currently im watching my other stocks because they are more based on swings and not longer term. So I dont care what bbry does in the near term
    I add and subtract from a variety of stocks. In the case of BBRY, it wasn't moving at all and the volume has been so low that I can't see it moving much at all for a little while. I believe I said last week that I figured BBRY would dip into the low $14s by week's end this week and maybe even see the high $13s next week. Given it seems to be doing just that, I figure that it makes more sense to push these funds into some of my other stocks.

So for now, BBRY is back on my watch list until it makes sense for me to put funds back into it.

Everybody has their own approach and this is what seems to work for me.
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 04-10-13 at 10:53 AM.
    04-10-13 10:38 AM
    Alright, I've lowered my estimated... If BB is unable to stay above the 15 mark by the end of the month... I don't know what to say. If it has a strong Q1 and it doesn't jump, RIP. Holding on until then anyways.
    I'll stay in until June ER, but if it doesn't do anything after that I'll play with some other stocks. Like others said earlier, if this does start going up I can jump back in even though I'll miss a little profit.
    04-10-13 10:39 AM
    04-10-13 10:40 AM
    Under the trade tab, there's a link for 'dashboard' which will take you to a separate window
    for that application (that's where you can expand the BB quote to level 2 streaming volume orders etc.)
    I love having instant access to my bank accounts with RBC and RBC direct... but I hate their interface. <rant> Stuff is just laid out randomly on their website and its almost as if they want you to use somebody else to do all the reasearch/charting work, then just drop in to the RBC site to do the actual trade. I wish they had a desktop application instead of a web interface. </rant>
    04-10-13 10:43 AM
    I'm not doing anything with mine for 4-5 years.

Big owners like Prem Watsa have to wait until the stock gets back into the $17 range before his shares breakeven. That seems like one of the reasons we keep bouncing off that resistance level.
    04-10-13 10:44 AM
    As long as this stock keeps this pace slowly the bollinger bands are squeezing tighter and tighter. Im telling ya a breakout should be coming. We will be going up quickly or down quickly COMING SOON!! Based on 3 month bollinger bands
    04-10-13 10:56 AM
    I'm presently trying to work my SP down to a reasonable level, by using some liquidy to buy/sell and buy back in again.
    Hopefully I'll get half of it worked back down to under $15 into the next week which for me is great because sitting at $16.44 avg was just not where I wanted to be with this stock going forward.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    04-10-13 10:59 AM
    As long as this stock keeps this pace slowly the bollinger bands are squeezing tighter and tighter. Im telling ya a breakout should be coming. We will be going up quickly or down quickly COMING SOON!! Based on 3 month bollinger bands
    I hear ya, but this keeps getting reiterated time and time again and it doesn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should expect great increases on a regular basis, but this is getting ridiculous with the manipulation and constant plunges.
    04-10-13 11:00 AM
113,256 ... 633634635636637 ...