View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'd like a tad more than a penny a day.... just a tad...

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I meant as opposed to inching downward a penny a day during these lulls.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-10-13 07:12 AM
    Yes, but a penny a day might keep the shorts away.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:13 AM
    Costs a nickel in Canada...pennyless.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:21 AM
    Which begs the question...how can the stock trade in penny increments if we no longer use them?

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-10-13 07:22 AM
    To keep it easy, we're up an even .10 cents right now

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-10-13 07:28 AM
    Which begs the question...how can the stock trade in penny increments if we no longer use them?
    Because you can still pay for things using your credit or debit card.
    04-10-13 07:31 AM
    The Heat is On . . . . .

Microsoft’s Latest “Scroogled” Ads Attack Sharing Of Information That Google Developers Need To Process Transactions
    Drew Olanoff

Microsoft’s Latest “Scroogled” Ads Attack Sharing Of Information That Google Developers Need To Process Transactions | TechCrunch

Today, Microsoft has leveled more accusations about Google’s practices by way of its “Scroogled” campaigns. This time, the complaints are about how Google handles users’ data when they purchase an application from Google Play.

Previous “Scroogled” campaigns have targeted both Gmail and search over ads and privacy.

In the two videos below, Microsoft uses animations and words to walk you through “what might happen” if your data were to end up in the wrong people’s hands. It’s a fear campaign, and it really doesn’t have any basis whatsoever.

Take a look at the videos and we’ll get into what actually happens when you buy an app from Google Play.

In the second video, a “real life” situation is played out on the front steps of an apartment building:

A Google spokesperson provided us with the following statement:

Google Wallet shares the information needed to process transactions and maintain accounts, and this is clearly stated in the Google Wallet Privacy Notice.

Why the mention of Google Wallet?

The main difference between Google Play and the Apple App Store is that Google uses its “Wallet” service to process transactions. While it’s not a third-party service in the sense that it’s a different company, it is a function of the process that is not embedded into the Google Play experience. It’s something that users are made aware of in the terms of service and privacy policies when they sign up.

More importantly, when merchants and developers sign up to sell things in Google Play, they must buy into not sharing any of the information that they get, which is name, email address and general location — the things that all companies selling things online need in order to process your transaction and provide support. Better start your attack against Amazon, Etsy and everyone else on the Internet, Microsoft.

The timing is interesting on this, because this is the way that Google Play has always worked. Its privacy policies haven’t changed since last July, in fact.

At the end of the video, if you got that far, you’ll notice that Microsoft ends things with a big “Windows Phone doesn’t do it this way.” Instead of doing an advertisement on how great Windows phones and apps are, Microsoft has decided to go after how “horrible” Google is. The “Scroogled” site even has a big old link to explore Windows Phones. Isn’t that convenient?

If Microsoft was purely trying to protect consumers from having their data “stolen” by nefarious app developers, don’t you think that it would focus on that, rather than trying to drum up business for itself?

You can’t put something on the Internet if it isn’t true, right? Wrong.
    04-10-13 07:31 AM
    To keep it easy, we're up an even .10 cents right now

Posted via CB10
    Up a fifth of a nickel now

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:01 AM
    The Heat is On . . . . .
    Sounds like it's written by an android fan boy.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 08:03 AM
    who on earth wants to sell BB?

Investors Alley Special Report
    04-10-13 08:14 AM
    I've been preoccupied by the StatCounter GlobalStats (http://gs.statcounter.com) results showing the Mobile OS and Mobile Browser usage by country. We have been under the impression that BB10 devices may not be captured properly at this time. So, to clear up that issue I contacted StatsCounter GlobalStats to see what they had to say. They sent me a link to test any device (Useragent Detect | StatCounter Global Stats). When I first used the link on my Z10 it reported some mixed information (Windows OS, Chrome browser, etc.) then I remembered that I keep my browser set to "Desktop Mode" so I don't see the mobile-specific websites. Once I turned that off, the StatCounter site reported my Blackberry Z10 as "Blackberry OS, Browser = Blackberry, Vendor = RIM" which is essentially correct.

So, it appears that the internet usage traffic that has been reported in the past is probably correct. I'm sure that very few people change their web browsers to desktop mode like I do and they are not shipped in desktop mode, so that should not affect the data in any appreciable way.

Just thought some of you would like to know.

P.S. I found it interesting that Blackberry does not just change the OS to "QNX" when they want to emulate a desktop browser, but pretend to be the most common desktop OS and browsers.
    04-10-13 08:17 AM
    I wonder how the Windows phone users will feel about this...and Nokia???

"Microsoft Will Stop Supporting Windows Phone After 18 Months"
    Microsoft Will Stop Supporting Windows Phone After 18 Months (MSFT)
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 08:26 AM
    I've been preoccupied by the StatCounter GlobalStats (http://gs.statcounter.com) results showing the Mobile OS and Mobile Browser usage by country. We have been under the impression that BB10 devices may not be captured properly at this time. So, to clear up that issue I contacted StatsCounter GlobalStats to see what they had to say. They sent me a link to test any device (Useragent Detect | StatCounter Global Stats). When I first used the link on my Z10 it reported some mixed information (Windows OS, Chrome browser, etc.) then I remembered that I keep my browser set to "Desktop Mode" so I don't see the mobile-specific websites. Once I turned that off, the StatCounter site reported my Blackberry Z10 as "Blackberry OS, Browser = Blackberry, Vendor = RIM" which is essentially correct.

So, it appears that the internet usage traffic that has been reported in the past is probably correct. I'm sure that very few people change their web browsers to desktop mode like I do and they are not shipped in desktop mode, so that should not affect the data in any appreciable way.

Just thought some of you would like to know.

P.S. I found it interesting that Blackberry does not just change the OS to "QNX" when they want to emulate a desktop browser, but pretend to be the most common desktop OS and browsers.
    I read in some other thread that it was being captured as Safari. Let me find the link..
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 08:28 AM
    Typical start pattern. I wonder if it will follow what we've become acustomed to. Sharp rise at open followed by a sharp fall then back up about half way, jostelling for position for the remainder of the day with low volumes.

EDIT - As typing this, the sharp drop already started....
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-13 08:35 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...8/#post8266630

Apparently it's showing up on Analytics as Safari
    bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    04-10-13 08:39 AM
    Good morning all. Wow, as soon as the door was opened the SP went for a dive. lol.
    04-10-13 08:41 AM
    They haven't eliminated cents, just pennies. The two are not exactly the same thing...
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    04-10-13 08:45 AM
    Good morning all. Wow, as soon as the door was opened the SP went for a dive. lol.
    Doesn't it seem like pretty weak initial volume though?
    04-10-13 08:48 AM
    WTF!!!! Is there some bad news out or stupid rumour that I am not aware of?
    04-10-13 08:49 AM
    Well, I just cashed out completely. I'll likely be back in May or June sometime. Too slow for me at this stage.

All the best folks and just remember not to get too attached emotionally. It's all about making money
    04-10-13 08:50 AM
    bought back in at $14.87 on TSX ( yesterdays LOD was $14.85 ). only to watch it hit $14.81....
    coulda picked up 10 more shares...darn.
    waiting for the reversal now.
    04-10-13 08:50 AM
    Quite the little bear raid going on...

Support seems to be at 14.60. If they break through there it could drop further... I doubt that'll happen though. Should be back up to even in a half hour or so.
    04-10-13 08:51 AM
    WTF!!!! Is there some bad news out or stupid rumour that I am not aware of?
    Could it be this?? http://forums.crackberry.com/general...8/#post8266630
    04-10-13 08:54 AM
    I just feel that until we get something substantial in terms of news or a major deal, this sideways movement will be the norm. I think we became too accustomed to the fast growth leading up to the BB10 launch event, that now we are disappointed with the lack of movement.
    04-10-13 08:55 AM
    seams like the bears are hungry this morning after yesterdays low volume, creep up. I'm going to call this LOD and expect it to creep up again. I think that retail investors are slowly accumulating shares and the bears can't really do anything about that other than to try to shake out the weak hands. Of course, that tactic becomes less and less effective as the long and strong hands become a larger percentage of the remaining investors...
    04-10-13 08:57 AM
113,256 ... 631632633634635 ...