View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Please don't compare BBRY with the Herbalife scam.
    I wasn't and didn't. We were talking about stocks with large volume, wild swings and large short interests. In that respect they were identical. Also, not of the same magnitude, but I seem to recall Jim and Mike got in some serious hot water over some options "issues" a few years back?
    04-09-13 09:54 AM
    I guess, the 'shorts' and even big-pocketed 'bulls' are playing it like this:
    Step 1: Shorts: Beat down the stock with fake selling and fake news. Bulls: keep waiting. If we buy now, stock will rise up quite a bit. So, instead wait.
    Step 2: BBRY stockholder will then become disillusioned, somewhat pessimistic and sell at first wave of profit (say, $18ish)
    Step 3: Buy all this cheap stock available at $18-$20 level
    Now, let the stock rise up and up. But a lot of BBRY believers would be left out of this gain. Big money would have already purchased lot of cheap stock available at $18 to $20.

EDIT:
    But if we don't sell at $18-$20 level, won't shorts be screwed? Bulls will just lose on some initial gain but they'll still be fine as they'll catch stock growth from $18-$20 onwards.
    04-09-13 09:57 AM
    Dang, maybe the attention will be thrown at JC Penney for a change. They're down to $13.98 from $35 a year ago. There's another band wagon to take advantage of.
    04-09-13 09:58 AM
    In the end this leveling off without swings is good for us. If the day traders can't bank on regular swings and the shorts can't drive the price down they will not make their margins...no margins, they will move on. Which means Faucette misses his bonus, that is justice.

Level is also indicative of the analyst ratings too imo. We are 7 buy, 15 hold and 22 sell (last time I looked)...pretty even really.
    Yep, I don't think heavy day trading is good for a stock in the long run. The good news is that 90%+ of them lose money, but they can really hurt a stock while they are messing around. With volume down and price swings under control I will be very interested in the next 2 short interest reports to see where we stand with that.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-09-13 09:58 AM
    Lol that bogus 2 million to china rumor is now being picked up by german news. The power of the internet hahah

China soll 2 Millionen BlackBerry Q10 Smartphones bestellt haben
    Did they mention our two friends "Yudumfuq and his brother Sumdumfuq"?
    Last edited by bungaboy; 04-09-13 at 10:23 AM.
    lcjr and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-09-13 10:00 AM
    I guess, the 'shorts' and even big-pocketed 'bulls' are playing it like this:
    Step 1: Shorts: Beat down the stock with fake selling and fake news. Bulls: keep waiting. If we buy now, stock will rise up quite a bit. So, instead wait.
    Step 2: BBRY stockholder will then become disillusioned, somewhat pessimistic and sell at first wave of profit (say, $18ish)
    Step 3: Buy all this cheap stock available at $18-$20 level
    Now, let the stock rise up and up. But a lot of BBRY believers would be left out of this gain. Big money would have already purchased lot of cheap stock available at $18 to $20.
    I've posted that I will be in at $18.25 and higher, for me that is a sign we go (much) higher. I will miss the $3 from where we are now, but at that point I think we can go higher and not sideways. With no dividend and a somewhat uncertain future (better than 50/50 tho!), I just can't see buying BBRY here and waiting it out. Who knows.... As always GLTA!
    chrysaurora likes this.
    04-09-13 10:01 AM
    from my understanding the main reason bb posted a profit was because of the $100 million r &d credit they received from the government
    The same as every other Tech company that does R&D. They get a tax credit. Profit is profit. Would it matter if it came from reduced taxi fares or toilet tissue?

Black is Back.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 04-09-13 at 10:24 AM.
    04-09-13 10:03 AM
    The same as every other Tech company that does R&D. The get a tax credit. Profit is profit. Would it matter if it came from reduced taxi fares or toilet tissue?

Black is Back.
    $1 in positive growing sales is worth a lot more than $1 in tax credit when looking at the value of a company. Ask yourself if you would rather invest in a company that had no revenue but $1 million in tax credits or another company with $1 million sales but no tax credits. An overly simplified example but you get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:14 AM
    It's looking good (up 1%) so far, considering no news.
    04-09-13 10:23 AM
    $1 in positive growing sales is worth a lot more than $1 in tax credit when looking at the value of a company. Ask yourself if you would rather invest in a company that had no revenue but $1 million in tax credits or another company with $1 million sales but no tax credits. An overly simplified example but you get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    Well that kinda sorta depends on 1) the profit margin on the sale, 2) the tax rate, and 3) the amount of tax credit.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-09-13 10:26 AM
    attempted to move up on low volume, but did not match or exceed HOD. i expect a new LOD soon.
    04-09-13 10:27 AM
    attempted to move up on low volume, but did not match or exceed HOD. i expect a new LOD soon.
    We need more cowbells...LOL
    04-09-13 10:45 AM
    The same as every other Tech company that does R&D. They get a tax credit. Profit is profit. Would it matter if it came from reduced taxi fares or toilet tissue?

Black is Back.
    Geez, the US stock market would be drowning in a sea of red if it wasn't for the QE spending by the fed. Lap it up while we can
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-09-13 10:45 AM
    Geez, the US stock market would be drowning in a sea of red if it wasn't for the QE spending by the fed. Lap it up while we can
    Unfortunately none of this seems to help BBRY. I fear that it will be a long and ugly fight to see BBRY to shake off it's problems.
    04-09-13 10:52 AM
    That's why I keep waiting for this SP to go up before it can't anymore. Stock market is going to be in trouble soon IN MY OPINION. I see lot's of red across the board if we don't fix this sequestration and adjust our spending habits. Tuesday, November 8, 2016 is a long time from now.

Edit: Nope, it's only going to get worse... http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...e-bill-clinton
    Last edited by lcjr; 04-09-13 at 11:23 AM.
    04-09-13 10:56 AM
    Please don't compare BBRY with the Herbalife scam.
    Seems KPMG resigned because one of its senior partners provided inside info, not due to the veracity or propriety of Herbalife's financial statements. Yet....
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 10:56 AM
    We need more cowbells...LOL
    On it.
    04-09-13 10:57 AM
    As of December 2012, there were approximately 321 million mobile phone subscriptions in the US; 256 million of these were 3g/4g subscriptions.

I believe 6% is a pretty healthy start for 2013.

Source: Global mobile statistics 2013 Part A: Mobile subscribers; handset market share; mobile operators | mobiThinking
    And lets not forget this survey does not include corporate sales, just consumer.
    04-09-13 11:01 AM
    U.S. survey results negative for BlackBerry, Nokia, says MKM Partners
    After surveying nearly 1,500 U.S. consumers, MKM Partners found that only 6% of those who plan to buy a new smartphone in the next year intend to purchase a BlackBerry (BBRY) phone, while only 1% want to buy a Nokia (NOK) phone. The firm found that there is not a great deal of interest in a new BlackBerry phone with a physical keyboard. It keeps Sell ratings on both stocks
    6% smartphone share for Blackberry in the US market is negative???
    Even we follow what the bear analyst said and take the 6% smartphone shares in the US market (for this year), then the overall BB share worldwide shall be in the neighborhood of 8%. With projected 1 million smartphone sale worldwide in 2014, it means that Blackberry can sell as many as 80 million handset (including the BB7 of course). With such sales' figure, Blackberry can make almost 5 billion EBITA or about $7 EPS.
    If $7 EPS is "Negative" for the company, then I will take the negative anytime!
    04-09-13 11:06 AM
    And lets not forget this survey does not include corporate sales, just consumer.
    Yip. I am beginning to believe we may actually achieve close to 25 million devices sold this year.
    04-09-13 11:06 AM
    6% smartphone share for Blackberry in the US market is negative???
    Even we follow what the bear analyst said and take the 6% smartphone shares in the US market (for this year), then the overall BB share worldwide shall be in the neighborhood of 8%. With projected 1 million smartphone sale worldwide in 2014, it means that Blackberry can sell as many as 80 million handset (including the BB7 of course). With such sales' figure, Blackberry can make almost 5 billion EBITA or about $7 EPS.
    If $7 EPS is "Negative" for the company, then I will take the negative anytime!
    If you're narrow minded and focused on selling a sad story headline, it. In reality, it's magnificent! LOL
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 11:08 AM
    volume is almost non-existant on TSX for BB right now.
    took until 10:40am to finally get 1 million trades. in the last hour and a half, only 577,000.

i don't remember such a slow day.
    i wasn't around yesterday, but saw only 2.7M traded in total.
    looks like another day trading sideways.
    04-09-13 11:09 AM
    That's why I'm waiting on some type of launch hype from Blackberry. I will be sorely dissappointed if the Q10 rolls out without any type of launch advertizing campaign and such. We're 20 - 21 days out so now is a good time to start the marketing campaign.
    No it is not, need for advertise very close to launch. Too early and you waste marketing dollars.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 11:26 AM
    Look at BBD.A.TO

trades around 4 dollars for 2 weeks. No news yesterday and stock jumps .12 to 4.07 in the last hour on nothing! then this morning the news comes that porter airlines were buying some planes from them.. So dirty how people can make quick money and then get out. While all the other suckered normal people read the news and buy and the stock doesn't move anymore
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 11:28 AM
    Yip. I am beginning to believe we may actually achieve close to 25 million devices sold this year.
    I am thinking more like 40-50 million. They were 7.2 million sold through last quarter, so that is 30 ish at that level.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 11:29 AM
113,250 ... 626627628629630 ...