View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I understand but the first reaction will be, that's not a $700 phone! I know people will react like that in the blogosphere as soon as they see a round number like that, which is pretty high. I know that people that really want a QWERTY will buy this, but still, could have been the same.

I suspect that the Q10 is a little more costly to manufacture than the Z10, and given the first purchasers of Q10s will be the diehards that have been awaiting its arrival they may be priced just right. They'll want to maximize their margins and having a healthy first-mover crowd will definitely help.
    04-09-13 07:52 AM
    Rogers first to bring Canadians BlackBerry Q10 enabled for 2600 MHz spectrum

Rogers will be first in Canada with $199 for a three year contract
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 08:02 AM
    I'm really hoping the q10 battery comes as the longest lasting on the market hands down. I'm surprised with all the complaints of battery life in all cell phones that one top company doesn't have a phone with a battery that is twice as good as normal batteries
    They all fight the same technical limitations. I can't see any decent device having twice the battery life. Faster processors, brighter, larger screens, bluetooth, GPS location services all are battery killers. Someday soon tech will solve it, but for now I think its a tradeoff game and it seems like maxing out what you can do in 10-12 hours is where they all think the sweet spot is. At least on my z10 I can swap in/out a battery and keep on going.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-09-13 08:03 AM
    Rogers first to bring Canadians BlackBerry Q10 enabled for 2600 MHz spectrum

Rogers will be first in Canada with $199 for a three year contract
    and, yet, it still doesn't give a specific release date.
    04-09-13 08:08 AM
    back in October, we went slightly negative in the MACD for 8 days before having a big positive breakout in the price ( from $8-$14 ).
    yesterday was the 8th day the MACD was slightly negative.
    will we see a significant positive break out in price today?
    crossing my fingers for similar results.
    04-09-13 08:13 AM
    and, yet, it still doesn't give a specific release date.
    Telus is April 29.
    04-09-13 08:14 AM
    U.S. survey results negative for BlackBerry, Nokia, says MKM Partners
    After surveying nearly 1,500 U.S. consumers, MKM Partners found that only 6% of those who plan to buy a new smartphone in the next year intend to purchase a BlackBerry (BBRY) phone, while only 1% want to buy a Nokia (NOK) phone. The firm found that there is not a great deal of interest in a new BlackBerry phone with a physical keyboard. It keeps Sell ratings on both stocks
    04-09-13 08:15 AM
    They all fight the same technical limitations. I can't see any decent device having twice the battery life. Faster processors, brighter, larger screens, bluetooth, GPS location services all are battery killers. Someday soon tech will solve it, but for now I think its a tradeoff game and it seems like maxing out what you can do in 10-12 hours is where they all think the sweet spot is. At least on my z10 I can swap in/out a battery and keep on going.
    At the same time, we have become obsessed with thinner devices. Ever since Apple started making thinner phones, everyone followed suit. I love the Z10 and how thin it is but I could have lived with it being slightly thicker in order to squeeze in a bigger battery (even though there is the option of swapping the battery for a fresh one). A few more hours would have made a huge difference for me to get through my work day.
    04-09-13 08:16 AM
    At the same time, we have become obsessed with thinner devices. Ever since Apple started making thinner phones, everyone followed suit. I love the Z10 and how thin it is but I could have lived with it being slightly thicker in order to squeeze in a bigger battery (even though there is the option of swapping the battery for a fresh one). A few more hours would have made a huge difference for me to get through my work day.
    the Q10 has a larger battery and smaller screen then the Z10 I'd be willing to bet the battery life on the q10 will be around for 14-16 hours if the Z10 get you 10-12 hours.
    04-09-13 08:21 AM
    After surveying nearly 1,500 U.S. consumers, MKM Partners found that only 6% of those who plan to buy a new smartphone in the next year intend to purchase a BlackBerry (BBRY) phone, while only 1% want to buy a Nokia (NOK) phone. The firm found that there is not a great deal of interest in a new BlackBerry phone with a physical keyboard. It keeps Sell ratings on both stocks
    6% is a great start...it's a brand new phone and OS. Wasn't BlackBerry's market share just 1.7% in January?

I bet most companies would love it if they could garner 6% of a highly competitive market with their new product.
    04-09-13 08:21 AM
    Exactly, 6% is a great start. People need to stop lumping all of Android together. Google doesn't make a profit off each phone sold - some, who don't pay for apps, etc, I'd bet they lose money on from a maintenance standpoint, etc - with software and the like. 6% is a % of smartphone market-share as a MANUFACTURER.
    Also - what I'd love to see is how much has Blackberry really shrunk over the last 10 years. Not in terms of share, but in number of units. I'd bet my house that Blackberry sells more units today (FY2014) than any year last decade... The market has grown tremendously, but it's not like Blackberry is an afterthought. It grew too, but it's % share shrunk by leaps and bounds.
    BBRY is a profitable niche player for now, and that should make it's SP north of $20 from a liquidation value alone. Add in the fact that it has $3B in cash, and this company could go anywhere it wants to into mobile computing, etc - and even if they lose money, the base business is still generating capital for the L/T.
    04-09-13 08:32 AM
    As of December 2012, there were approximately 321 million mobile phone subscriptions in the US; 256 million of these were 3g/4g subscriptions.

I believe 6% is a pretty healthy start for 2013.

Source: Global mobile statistics 2013 Part A: Mobile subscribers; handset market share; mobile operators | mobiThinking
    04-09-13 08:33 AM
    and here come the morning bulls rushing in....
    04-09-13 08:35 AM
    Pretty significant resistance at $14.86 - any reason for that on the charts?
    04-09-13 08:36 AM
    As of December 2012, there were approximately 321 million mobile phone subscriptions in the US; 256 million of these were 3g/4g subscriptions.

Source: Global mobile statistics 2013 Part A: Mobile subscribers; handset market share; mobile operators | mobiThinking
    Sooo...when they answer thier phone...is it with a straight face? "Morning, Global Mobile"

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-09-13 08:37 AM
    04-09-13 08:39 AM

Here is my reply on Investors hub:

Option Millionaires: As of December 2012, there were approximately 321
    04-09-13 08:41 AM
    Looks like they ran the other way...LOL

I couldn't resist.
    lcjr and cjcampbell like this.
    04-09-13 08:46 AM
    scaredy bulls?
    04-09-13 08:49 AM
    scaredy bulls?
    Yeah, those bulls gotta grow some balls...
    BlackistheBerry, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    04-09-13 08:51 AM
    A few weeks ago I posted about Herbalife - HLF. It is halted for news pending. It could be a very wild ride today for those folks. HLF, NFLX (Netflix) and BBRY have been the day trader darlings subject to wild swings....
    04-09-13 08:52 AM
    I don't disagree. I have to travel to NYC tomorrow for along day. At least I know with my spare battery I am set no matter what happens though having a 16 hour battery life would be awesome. Q10 should be better that z10.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-09-13 08:55 AM
    Good morning all. One day closer to the Q10 launch date. I'm liking the reviews and tech data coming out on this device. It will be interesting to see what BB has in store for the launch. Has anybody heard anything regarding the Q10 launch and any special activities involved in it?

Edit: We have around 20 - 21 days until it's available and there's not a lot of news or advertizing out other than the BB websites. I'm looking forward to some advertizing and launch prep directed at the general public.
    04-09-13 08:55 AM
    When did this happen?

Research In Motion currently carries a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).
    04-09-13 08:58 AM
    When did this happen?

Research In Motion currently carries a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).
    Do you have a link or reference?
    04-09-13 09:00 AM
113,256 ... 624625626627628 ...