View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I hear ya. I already took my earnings from Bank of America (BAC) and put them in here but I'm tempted to put more into Tesla (TSLA) as well. I'll wait until next week to see what's happening in those and we'll see. I don't have as much at stake as you guys.

Yip and I may be wrong, which is why I left 50% in.

Don't get me wrong; I don't fear losing on this stock. It's just that right now I think I can make more elsewhere.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-08-13 03:10 PM
    would like to see what morgan has to say about this week .....
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-08-13 03:14 PM
    would like to see what morgan has to say about this week .....
    I think he stated a few pages back that their will be relatively no movement unless there is some surprise news.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-08-13 03:16 PM
    Trust the stock to turn red at the very last minute on TSX
    04-08-13 03:27 PM
    Just saw this good news... "New Claron Nil App for BlackBerry 10 Showcasing at BlackBerry Experience Events"

New Claron Nil App for BlackBerry 10 Showcasing at BlackBerry Experience Events -
    04-08-13 03:31 PM
    Nice find Lcjr, really enjoyed that press release. I understand that some of you are getting restless, but I really feel this thing is one bit of news away from breaking out. I don't want to be on the sidelines when that happens. As mentioned previously could be a licensing deal or perhaps a major DoD decision. Just my 2 cents.
    04-08-13 03:50 PM
    Nice find Lcjr, really enjoyed that press release. I understand that some of you are getting restless, but I really feel this thing is one bit of news away from breaking out. I don't want to be on the sidelines when that happens. As mentioned previously could be a licensing deal or perhaps a major DoD decision. Just my 2 cents.
    Ah, we're just in the Monday mood that's all. It's not that we don't feel the SP will go up, it's we're getting our nerves pinged by all the bashing and manipulation going on. No big deal though. Also, I wouldn't worry about any big DoD decision, as it doesn't work that way. Each of the individual sub agencies within the DoD does their own ordering and that will be hard to track. It's not like the DoD orders all the millions of phones they need from one purchase or from one office at the Penthouse.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-08-13 03:56 PM
    Ah, we're just in the Monday mood that's all. It's not that we don't feel the SP will go up, it's we're getting our nerves pinged by all the bashing and manipulation going on. No big deal though. Also, I wouldn't worry about any big DoD decision, as it doesn't work that way. Each of the individual sub agencies within the DoD does their own ordering and that will be hard to track. It's not like the DoD orders all the millions of phones they need from one purchase or from one office at the Penthouse.
    But wouldn't the decision to use BES10 come from the top? That would be a blanket policy as opposed to devices which would be departmental.
    04-08-13 03:58 PM
    I hear ya. I already took my earnings from Bank of America (BAC) and put them in here but I'm tempted to put more into Tesla (TSLA) as well. I'll wait until next week to see what's happening in those and we'll see. I don't have as much at stake as you guys.
    I am lacking any confidence and will be moving the funds to more productive areas. I hate to say it but BBRY's anchor has been dragging for way too long. ER coming out on all the major companies and I do not think this will be a good time for the stock market for a while.

I will take my money and rest now.
    lcjr and Charles Martin1 like this.
    04-08-13 03:59 PM
    I'm just maximizing the return on my investments. I'm still in for 8000 shares and will add again once things are moving again or if we get another bear raid.
    04-08-13 04:03 PM
    But wouldn't the decision to use BES10 come from the top? That would be a blanket policy as opposed to devices which would be departmental.
    Again, that wouldn't apply to all agencies and departments within the DoD. For example, pretend you work for the DoD (Army) as the director of the Director of Family, Morale, Wellfare, Recreation (DFMWR) responsible for most of the quality of life programs on a base or post (installation). Your boss tells you that you need a government phone so go see the phone guy down the hall and sign for one. The phone guy sees you need no special security devices and won't be involved in any classified emails or VTCs so he reached into his locker and pulls out a flip phone Motorola and activates it. This is also government purchased and paid for monthly by Uncle Sam. I go in with you and he sees I have special security needs and reaches into the locker and pulls out a Blackberry 9930. So, depending on where you are and who you work for decides what you'll get. It's not a "we'll only use Blackberry" thing. Maybe they'll make that decision for the entire Penthouse, but they won't make it for the whole DoD worldwide.

Edit: This is really key when you consider we purchase from the economy and have personnel stationed in places that don't have Blackberry. Those personnel use whatever brand they can get their hands on.
    04-08-13 04:06 PM
    Thanks for the insider info. I did read somewhere that April 25 the DoD wanted a reccomendation on mobile device security going forward? While this wouldnt involve a large device order, if the recommendation for MDM was BES10, this would move the SP IMHO.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-08-13 04:06 PM
    Again, that wouldn't apply to all agencies and departments within the DoD. For example, pretend you work for the DoD (Army) as the director of the Director of Family, Morale, Wellfare, Recreation (DFMWR) responsible for most of the quality of life programs on a base or post (installation). Your boss tells you that you need a government phone so go see the phone guy down the hall and sign for one. The phone guy sees you need no special security devices and won't be involved in any classified emails or VTCs so he reached into his locker and pulls out a flip phone Motorola and activates it. This is also government purchased and paid for monthly by Uncle Sam. I go in with you and he sees I have special security needs and reaches into the locker and pulls out a Blackberry 9930. So, depending on where you are and who you work for decides what you'll get. It's not a "we'll only use Blackberry" thing. Maybe they'll make that decision for the entire Penthouse, but they won't make it for the whole DoD worldwide.

Edit: This is really key when you consider we purchase from the economy and have personnel stationed in places that don't have Blackberry. Those personnel use whatever brand they can get their hands on.
    Ok cool but what I meant was the management software for the smart phones that are needing security. I know that they won't go all BlackBerry for devices, unless it's a higher level of security, but even the lower level devices will still need some sort of management software no? You know a lot more than I do so any insight on that aspect would be helpful.
    04-08-13 04:12 PM
    Thanks for the insider info. I did read somewhere that April 25 the DoD wanted a reccomendation on mobile device security going forward? While this wouldnt involve a large device order, if the recommendation for MDM was BES10, this would move the SP IMHO.
    Totally agree. If the DoD made blanket purchases and housed everything in a huge warehouse for all sub agencies and departments to pull from that would work. Unfortunately, each agency and department can purchase whatever brand meets the DoD requirement for that specific department. Hard to explain really other than to put it like this.. You can buy the phones for everyone in your household and have them buy those from you or you can give the members of your household the money to go buy their own phones with your guidelines. That's about it.
    04-08-13 04:14 PM
    Ok cool but what I meant was the management software for the smart phones that are needing security. I know that they won't go all BlackBerry for devices, unless it's a higher level of security, but even the lower level devices will still need some sort of management software no? You know a lot more than I do so any insight on that aspect would be helpful.
    Hmmm, basically the low level security devices use the standard operating system with everything disabled and the individual user can not enable them. This cuts down on the cost and possible security violations. No roaming, no internet, no nothing except email and phone calls, all of which are tracked by the "phone guy". Same for the high level security devices, except the department server is installed on top of the normal operating system. I think that's what we're waiting on, how the new operating system (BB10) will work with what we use. I think that will take a bit longer to figure out. Even then any changes in policy will require new policy and regulatory guidance dissemination before anything can be utilized.
    04-08-13 04:20 PM
    New short interest numbers come out this week, right?
    04-08-13 04:21 PM
    The only reason I have not taken my money out is because I haven't researched any other tech stocks like BB. Too much upside. BALLS OF STEEL BABAY! Haha. Dec this thing will be high 20's I hope.
    04-08-13 04:23 PM
    The only reason I have not taken my money out is because I haven't researched any other tech stocks like BB. Too much upside. BALLS OF STEEL BABAY! Haha. Dec this thing will be high 20's I hope.
    I'm just a fairly aggressive investor. I really don't like to see things sitting for too long.
    04-08-13 04:34 PM
    I'm not in the green right now so I can't pull anything out. That didn't sound right. lol. If I was to pull out, I'd need the SP to be over $15.08. Not that I would though.
    04-08-13 04:37 PM
    I'm not in the green right now so I can't pull anything out. That didn't sound right. lol. If I was to pull out, I'd need the SP to be over $15.08. Not that I would though.
    Pull out method is great when it works, but if it fails you can get burned... From an investing point of view.
    04-08-13 04:39 PM
    What to make of this then? Seems like they are shopping for a MDM solution for all their mobile devices that need security and want it implemented by Fiscal 2014, lcjr can you tell us when DoD fiscal 14 starts?

see link for full document

Defense.gov News Release: DOD Releases Commercial Mobile Device Implementation Plan

Under the auspices of the DoD CIO Executive Board, the DoD CIO is pursuing a phased
    approach to mobility solutions leading to improved unclassified and classified mobile
    capabilities. A series of Component pilots will allow DoD to incorporate lessons learned, ensure
    interoperability, refine Mobile Device Management (MDM) requirements, influence commercial
    standards, and create cost and operational efficiencies for DoD enterprise mobile users. The
    Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), with oversight from the DoD CIO, is creating an
    enterprise solution to support Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) mobility requirements
    that will leverage commercial carrier infrastructure and provide entry points for the classified
    solution.
    As end user dependence on mobile devices rises, enterprise management implemented via an
    MDM becomes necessary to ensure secure mobile device operation and maintenance in a cost efficient
    manner. The MDM provides the ability to enforce policy for end user devices at
    application and user levels by instituting end user permissions for approved functions on the
    mobile device. MDM also supports malware detection, over-the-air (OTA) electronic software
    distribution of applications, remote data-wipe capabilities, remote device configuration
    management, and asset/property management capabilities that protect against key and data
    compromise. These capabilities ensure the security of the entire user community is not
    compromised by an improperly configured or operated device. A unified MDM architecture
    4 ATTACHMENT 1
    secures, monitors, manages, and supports accredited mobile devices across a range of DoD
    environments.
    Mobile applications are a critical enabler for service delivery and will permit new opportunities
    to improve mission effectiveness. This plan establishes an enterprise Mobile Application Store
    (MAS) capability that operates in conjunction with the MDM system. The MAS can deliver,
    update, and delete applications on mobile devices without the end user having to return the
    device for service. The objective of an enterprise MAS is to optimize the functionality and
    distribution of mobile applications to mobile devices while minimizing replication, cost, and
    downtime.
    04-08-13 04:39 PM
    I wasn't talking about warehouses full of devices, just an announcement about an MDM (services)solution, in this case BES10, moving forward
    04-08-13 04:42 PM
    Pull out method is great when it works, but if it fails you can get burned... From an investing point of view.
    I'm not a fan of all in or all out. Given the research you do on a company, you should feel comfortable adding or subtracting to your various positions.

I suspect that BBRY will be a company I will own for some time yet but the levels will go up and down as it makes sense to me.
    04-08-13 04:45 PM
    I wasn't talking about warehouses full of devices, just an announcement about an MDM (services)solution, in this case BES10, moving forward
    All DoD fiscal years start on October 1st. So, FY14 actually starts on 1 October 2013.
    04-08-13 04:46 PM
    I'm not a fan of all in or all out. Given the research you do on a company, you should feel comfortable adding or subtracting to your various positions.
    Are we still talking about stocks? lol
    04-08-13 04:48 PM
113,250 ... 621622623624625 ...