View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Look at those Bollinger Bands Big move coming up..

I'll take my chances
    Just be careful..not a lot of positive news out there so it can go in the other direction as well, and if so could blowout some stops. It would really be ugly if it were to break below $14 at this stage.

Seems almost primed for a bear raid. We've certainly seen lots of those.
    04-08-13 01:40 PM
    YAOINHD ! (Yet Another Oh-Its-Not-Happening Day).
    Stay calm, no smoking in the bush
    04-08-13 01:41 PM
    YAOINHD !
    Stay calm, no smoking in the bush
    I have been trying to get my mind out of the gutter, this is not helping...
    04-08-13 01:44 PM
    Just be careful..not a lot of positive news out there so it can go in the other direction as well, and if so could blowout some stops. It would really be ugly if it were to break below $14 at this stage.

I don't use stops for a stock this volatile but if you do you could very well have to buy back your position at a much higher level.
    04-08-13 01:45 PM

That's true.. I've been following BlackBerry for over 2 years now.. but I've rarely felt this relaxed. It's trading on low volume, overall good sales of Z10, Q10 launching soon, government contract on the way (?), BB10 license (?),... like you said, not much positive news today.. but it'll come sooner rather than later.. I THINK
    04-08-13 01:53 PM
    Look at those Bollinger Bands Big move coming up..

I'll take my chances
    We are watching you but if you do not mind I will step out of the way!
    04-08-13 01:59 PM
    Come again, in English?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-08042013.png

I don't want Morgan to feel left out but here you go... the Bollinger bands are closing in now. When you compare it to November month-end then you should get the idea. Not saying we'll see the same momentum but we'll know soon enough
    04-08-13 02:03 PM
    Ha, I said that last time it went to 16.50... And I chickened out.
    My number sticks at $18, but I'm having my doubts it will ever get there with so many manipulators out there. Normally the stock takes care of itself, but not this time.
    04-08-13 02:03 PM
    My number sticks at $18, but I'm having my doubts it will ever get there with so many manipulators out there. Normally the stock takes care of itself, but not this time.
    It probably will if Z10 sales exceed 1 000 000 for the June ER and EPS increases, just my opinion.

I think most of us watch this stock WAY to much. This week and next week will prob be flat lined for now. However, I can't believe that the ER didn't do anything for the SP... it EXCEEDED all expectations, imagine if it just met expectations...
    lcjr, rampagingpanda and bungaboy like this.
    04-08-13 02:06 PM
    It probably will if Z10 sales exceed 1 000 000 for the June ER and EPS increases, just my opinion.

I think most of us watch this stock WAY to much. This week and next week will prob be flat lined for now. However, I can't believe that the ER didn't do anything for the SP... it EXCEEDED all expectations, imagine if it just met expectations...
    I'm sure you're right Kid. June ER is just around the corner. I'm pretty excited about the results, but the Q10 will be in the same boat the Z10 was in. Either way we'll have NEWS that will put a cattle prod under this stock.
    04-08-13 02:11 PM

Agreed, unless you are day trading this stock, watching it minute by minute is literally meaningless.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-08-13 02:21 PM
    Just as an aside - HTC = OUCH!
    04-08-13 02:25 PM
    It's on BGR and Yahoo News!!
    BlackBerry Q10: Chinese government reportedly orders 2 million units | BGR

The media has officially reach an unprecedented level of stupidity.
    This is the song that we have been singing, in this thread, for some 12-18 months!!!!
    04-08-13 02:46 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm gonna tweet some BBRY related rumour. If I get enough retweets and/or posts in different forums, we may just create a fake story. Who's with me?
    lcjr, kingb71, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    04-08-13 02:46 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm gonna tweet some BBRY related rumour. If I get enough retweets and/or posts in different forums, we may just create a fake story. Who's with me?
    Um, that would be illegal. You have just established intent...lol
    04-08-13 02:49 PM
    I just sold 50% of my position.
    04-08-13 02:51 PM
    I don't want Morgan to feel left out but here you go... the Bollinger bands are closing in now. When you compare it to November month-end then you should get the idea. Not saying we'll see the same momentum but we'll know soon enough
    I find that if you change the Bollinger parameters to 10, 1 instead of 20, 2 you can see the breakouts clearer... as in the attached chart. Not sure if I've made a technical error though.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-new-1.jpg

Edit.. yes, I see 10,1 is not really recommended. 10,1.9 is more appropriate. In any case, a period of 10 makes the tight spots more visible in Blackberry.
    04-08-13 02:51 PM
    Hey guys,

Go for it man! Make it good enough to kick the SP up a notch. We're all behind you all the way! (Way behind in running gear). lol
    04-08-13 02:52 PM
    I just sold 50% of my position.
    WHAT??? Why??
    04-08-13 02:52 PM

I believe September will be the best ER for movement.
    04-08-13 02:54 PM
    I find that if you change the Bollinger parameters to 10, 1 instead of 20, 2 you can see the breakouts clearer... as in the attached chart. Not sure if I've made a technical error though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-1.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	149295
    I find that if you change the actual SP to something much higher, we all feel better. Again, that may be a technical error though.
    04-08-13 02:58 PM
    WHAT??? Why??
    I hate waiting. I still have loads in there. It's just that with such poor volume and the likelihood of another 2-3 weeks of sideways movement I'm betting that I'm better off putting some money elsewhere until there seems to be somewhat more positive movement. I am of the mind right now that we could end the week in the low $14s and maybe even dip into the high $13s next week.
    lcjr and kevxn like this.
    04-08-13 02:59 PM

They ALREADY exceed that with the 1M order from Brightstar. Remember, shipped = sold under GAAP accounting.

And given that they sold 1M units in Feb in limited markets without the US, I think they can keep that up for Mar-May in ex-US markets given that they are still adding more countries. Including US sales, and Q10 launch in late Apr/May, I am modeling 4-5M Z10 and 1M Q10 sales for a massive beat in Q1.
    04-08-13 03:01 PM
    Hey guys,

Don't forget to mention our two friends "Yudumfuq and his brother Sumdumfuq".
    04-08-13 03:03 PM
    I hate waiting. I still have loads in there. It's just that with such poor volume and the likelihood of another 2-3 weeks of sideways movement I'm betting that I'm better off putting some money elsewhere until there seems to be somewhat more positive movement. I am of the mind right now that we could end the week in the low $14s and maybe even dip into the high $13s next week.
    I hear ya. I already took my earnings from Bank of America (BAC) and put them in here but I'm tempted to put more into Tesla (TSLA) as well. I'll wait until next week to see what's happening in those and we'll see. I don't have as much at stake as you guys.
    04-08-13 03:04 PM
113,256 ... 620621622623624 ...