View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hahah...what a loser. This is the same guy who threatened to drop is BB for an iphone because Crackberry members to mean to him.
    I LOVE IT !!!! Crackberry Freaks...lol
    04-08-13 11:14 AM
    It's on BGR and Yahoo News!!
    BlackBerry Q10: Chinese government reportedly orders 2 million units | BGR

The media has officially reach an unprecedented level of stupidity.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facepalm.jpg
    04-08-13 11:21 AM
    It appears that everyone missed when Joe Kernen said that CrackBerry members are like "the Iomegans". For those of you too young to know the reference, he is referring to Iomega Corporation which, in the early 90s, experienced a "rebirth" and a subsequent lofty stock price as its popular Zip drive hit the market. When it debuted, a 3.5" floppy could store only 1.44 MB of data; the Zip drive took proprietary 3.5" disks that could store a whopping [at the time!] 100 MB (and later 250 MB, with newer Zip hardware).

Comparing CrackBerry fans to "Iomegans" was a bit of a stretch, in my opinion. There was a euphoria that took place in the 90s and many people thought Zip disks would be on every computer in the world. At the same time, however, hard-drive per-MB costs were dropping drastically, and competitors like SyQuest surfaced. Zip disks were also notoriously prone to a particular type of failure, referred to as the "click of death" in which an inserted disk would just click once inserted and could no longer be read from or written to. Although Iomega appeared to have resolved that issue in later versions of the disks and drive, there was irreparable damage to its reputation as a reliable storage company.

Iomega, like BlackBerry, was an underdog stock. It had once been a successful company with its Bernoulli products and reinvented itself with the Zip drive. Blackberry is reinventing itself but I don't believe anyone at Crackberry believes it will be the phone that the entire world with use preferentially over all other choices. I think Crackberry members do, however, believe that existing Blackberry users tend to be loyal to the brand and will upgrade. Furthermore, I think I speak fairly on behalf of most Crackberry members when I say that we expect that Blackberry now has a platform (Blackberry 10 OS) and an emerging product line that is poised to compete with any other smartphone technology available today.

To call us "crazy" is just unprofessional, especially for a CNBC anchorman. I have read about things Apple fans have done that makes them them not only crazy but quite possibly deranged at times.
    04-08-13 11:22 AM
    Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY): No Sell Off Or Short Squeeze - Insider Monkey

With so many investors looking toward the Q1 2013 earnings call, I am even more looking forward to the Q2 2013 earnings call where we can get a glimpse of Q10 sales as well. Without question, the Q4 2012 earnings report is incomplete with respect to showing BlackBerry’s future potential. U.S. sales did not make it into the report and the Z10 was not available for much of the quarter. And with no conclusive findings, shares did not move dramatically, even with this highly volatile stock. As the BlackBerry/Research in Motion slogan goes, Keep Moving, we will just have to wait for the Q1 and Q2 earnings reports to see who gets to profit from this BlackBerry battle.
    Read more at Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY): No Sell Off Or Short Squeeze - Insider Monkey
    04-08-13 11:24 AM
    You'd figure that BlackBerry might be able to win that CNBC Squawk Box poll even without fan support. The question was about which stock would have better returns from Q2 until the end of the year, not which would have a higher market cap at the end of the year. There are quite a few compelling arguments for why BlackBerry is seriously undervalued and could go up quickly.
    04-08-13 11:27 AM
    Why would China buy more than two?

They could/would clone them faster than BB could make that many!!!
    04-08-13 11:33 AM
    It appears that everyone missed when Joe Kernen said that CrackBerry members are like "the Iomegans". For those of you too young to know the reference, he is referring to Iomega Corporation which, in the early 90s, experienced a "rebirth" and a subsequent lofty stock price as its popular Zip drive hit the market. When it debuted, a 3.5" floppy could store only 1.44 MB of data; the Zip drive took proprietary 3.5" disks that could store a whopping [at the time!] 100 MB (and later 250 MB, with newer Zip hardware).

Comparing CrackBerry fans to "Iomegans" was a bit of a stretch, in my opinion. There was a euphoria that took place in the 90s and many people thought Zip disks would be on every computer in the world. At the same time, however, hard-drive per-MB costs were dropping drastically, and competitors like SyQuest surfaced. Zip disks were also notoriously prone to a particular type of failure, referred to as the "click of death" in which an inserted disk would just click once inserted and could no longer be read from or written to. Although Iomega appeared to have resolved that issue in later versions of the disks and drive, there was irreparable damage to its reputation as a reliable storage company.

Iomega, like BlackBerry, was an underdog stock. It had once been a successful company with its Bernoulli products and reinvented itself with the Zip drive. Blackberry is reinventing itself but I don't believe anyone at Crackberry believes it will be the phone that the entire world with use preferentially over all other choices. I think Crackberry members do, however, believe that existing Blackberry users tend to be loyal to the brand and will upgrade. Furthermore, I think I speak fairly on behalf of most Crackberry members when I say that we expect that Blackberry now has a platform (Blackberry 10 OS) and an emerging product line that is poised to compete with any other smartphone technology available today.

To call us "crazy" is just unprofessional, especially for a CNBC anchorman. I have read about things Apple fans have done that makes them them not only crazy but quite possibly deranged at times.

The guy is a 3rd rate hack who probably still types with two index fingers. Can't say it bothers me what he thinks.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-08-13 11:33 AM
    You'd figure that BlackBerry might be able to win that CNBC Squawk Box poll even without fan support. The question was about which stock would have better returns from Q2 until the end of the year, not which would have a higher market cap at the end of the year. There are quite a few compelling arguments for why BlackBerry is seriously undervalued and could go up quickly.
    this. The CNBC coverage of it and the guy's "freaks" comment are almost as bad as the list of reputable sites that are carrying the fug-yu-dum news
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-08-13 11:34 AM

They don't seem to even understand the meaning of the question. It wasn't a popularity contest, the question is quite clear.
    04-08-13 11:36 AM
    It looks like the "10:30 DIP" is STILL going at 1pm. Not good as it should really fall on the 3-4pm DIP!

I am out at 14.70. Has a bad feel today. Good luck everyone!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-08-13 11:51 AM
    Thx Steve Weiss on FM, likes the stock here and also mentioned the 2m order from China.
    04-08-13 11:57 AM
    It looks like the "10:30 DIP" is STILL going at 1pm. Not good as it should really fall on the 3-4pm DIP!

I am out at 14.70. Has a bad feel today. Good luck everyone!
    Looks like somebody is playing basketball with our stock as it keeps bouncing along up and down.
    04-08-13 12:07 PM
    Afternoon rally about to start? Maybe up to 15.20 but to finish not sure. Jump coming in the next hour. But never go with what I say as I dont trust anything I say. Just feel by looking at the chart we will rally this afternoon abit

This is for BB.TO
    04-08-13 12:09 PM
    Holy cow, that China purchase is all over the news and I mean everywhere. BB has to confirm this for us.

Chinese Government Rumored To Have Placed 2 Million Blackberry Q10 Orders
    04-08-13 12:10 PM
    Yip. Next bounce up I'm cashing out. There'll be plenty of opportunities to make money off BBRY, just not right now.
    lcjr likes this.
    04-08-13 12:11 PM
    Afternoon rally about to start? Maybe up to 15.20 but to finish not sure. Jump coming in the next hour. But never go with what I say as I dont trust anything I say. Just feel by looking at the chart we will rally this afternoon abit

This is for BB.TO
    I don't think it will do anything until some rumors are settled. If that China purchase is legit, this will take off a bit. Otherwise, I don't see it doing much.
    04-08-13 12:14 PM
    Holy cow, that China purchase is all over the news and I mean everywhere. BB has to confirm this for us.

Chinese Government Rumored To Have Placed 2 Million Blackberry Q10 Orders
    Absolute - fail-

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 12:14 PM
    Yip. Next bounce up I'm cashing out. There'll be plenty of opportunities to make money off BBRY, just not right now.
    Ha, I said that last time it went to 16.50... And I chickened out.
    04-08-13 12:16 PM
    Absolute - fail-

Posted via CB10

Yip. Says an awful lot about the media
    cjcampbell, peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    04-08-13 12:17 PM
    Ha, I said that last time it went to 16.50... And I chickened out.
    Lol... I'll definitely be back in but the opportunity cost of moving sideways is just too great. If there was a dividend I'd be happy to sit and wait but for now I really don't think an announcement for a Q10 release is the type of catalyst we need for significant breakout.
    04-08-13 12:21 PM
    I don't think it will do anything until some rumors are settled. If that China purchase is legit, this will take off a bit. Otherwise, I don't see it doing much.
    I can't understand why any half-decent news outlet (including N4BB - I used to watch this site as religiously as crackberry, but not anymore) would post this without the slightest of further research. googling 'fugyudum' indicates that there is ZERO online reference to anything similar besides links to Q10 2M in sales articles.

It would be greatly satisfying (and simply hilarious) to see Blackberry step forwards and release an official statement to the extent of:

" We at Blackberry have seen a misleading rumour regarding a Q10 sale [...] We would like to assure any outlets that mirrored this rumour without individual records that it was false and had an imaginary company, FYD, or... fugyudum guys. Oh, and to everyone who believed it: yudumtu."
    04-08-13 12:26 PM
    The encouraging thing is that BB (tsx) has stayed out of the 14.50 zone
    which was a hornet buzzing area to tank a while back.
    And pretty consistent in the 15's, so however painful these swings may
    be of late, I remain waiting for the 16's green zone
    04-08-13 12:28 PM
    Well, it seems pretty clear that the CNBC poll did absolutely nothing for the SP.
    ..in fact AAPL is up...lol as annoying as that may be
    04-08-13 01:15 PM
    Look at those Bollinger Bands Big move coming up..

I'll take my chances
    bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-08-13 01:33 PM
    Look at those Bollinger Bands Big move coming up..

I'll take my chances
    Come again, in English?
    04-08-13 01:37 PM
113,256 ... 619620621622623 ...