View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    At this stage I am a little disappointed in the extreme volatility. It's making it hard to hold at this stage. I don't like holding a position this long with this kind of sideways movement. Perhaps I will reduce my position today after all.
    04-08-13 09:27 AM
    Poor Joe Kernan on CNBC this morning, choking on his crow trying to understand how BBRY could have possibly slammed Apple in the finals. "You know.....what we didn't count on.....those nuts. Those Crackberry freaks".

We have been rebranded!!! Yay!
    Maybe om kids get it!?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 09:35 AM
    At this stage I am a little disappointed in the extreme volatility. It's making it hard to hold at this stage. I don't like holding a position this long with this kind of sideways movement. Perhaps I will reduce my position today after all.
    I hear you. We keep saying "stay long" and "we're about to go up!" but here we are still struggling to stay around $15. Just saying, if this doesn't "go up" after the Q10 release, then I seriously doubt it ever will. Monday morning pessimism, I know.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-08-13 09:41 AM
    So with all the upgrades and fairly positive news about its prospects, can somebody explain to me why the f... is this stock plummeting. I've invested a fair bit of money into this and so far I've got nothing to show for nearly a month later. This is so demoralizing...
    04-08-13 09:43 AM
    It's crazy how predictable this stock can be. Once again, right on cue, we get our 10:30 dip. Now we just need to climb back out.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-08-13 09:43 AM
    I hear you. We keep saying "stay long" and "we're about to go up!" but here we are still struggling to stay around $15. Just saying, if this doesn't "go up" after the Q10 release, then I seriously doubt it ever will. Monday morning pessimism, I know.
    I'm giving the stock until June for now. Q2 ER babay! As long as this doesn't dip below 15 I'm good. And on the TSX, it might drop below 15... blah
    04-08-13 09:44 AM
    Come on guys lets stay strong, don't fall for the bears plan
    04-08-13 09:47 AM
    So with all the upgrades and fairly positive news about its prospects, can somebody explain to me why the f... is this stock plummeting. I've invested a fair bit of money into this and so far I've got nothing to show for nearly a month later. This is so demoralizing...
    Might want to research a bit more on how stocks work before you invest, what I assume, are not ready to lose
    Acumenight likes this.
    04-08-13 09:47 AM
    10:30 right on time #the Dip.
    04-08-13 09:50 AM
    Only because they were not "rallied" by the CB members. No other reason
    Bull****!
    04-08-13 09:50 AM
    I feel like the stock is being weighed down heavily by the short sellers. Its like an even tug of war. Once one side starts to crack either the longs or shorts the floodgates will open. Just no side has a reason to abandon ship just yet
    04-08-13 09:51 AM
    I'm giving the stock until June for now. Q2 ER babay! As long as this doesn't dip below 15 I'm good. And on the TSX, it might drop below 15... blah
    Yeah, I'll wait until the June ER. I'll have an updated plan when that hits.
    04-08-13 09:52 AM
    Might want to research a bit more on how stocks work before you invest, what I assume, are not ready to lose
    Easy nquyen, most of know how stocks work and don't have anything in this we're not ready to lose. LuckyJP and others are commenting on the manipulation of this stock, which is not in itself a "stock thing". Morgan also pointed out this is highly manipulated. It's just starting to hit some nerves now, that's all.
    04-08-13 09:55 AM
    I am generally happy if my stocks yield about 6-8% per year (12 months). And for starting a business, I usually expect to lose money until the third year. So, I am used to waiting...
    I don't know how your investments had been doing, but I am a little surprised that you're feeling demoralized after less than a month.
    If you're an experienced investor, then you must have done really well in the past.
    But if you're relatively new, you might consider adjusting your expectations, so that your emotions would not have take unnecessary punishments (a few bucks is not worth the emotional drain).
    04-08-13 09:57 AM
    Your hypothesis appears to be supported by his facial expression when he realized the implications of BlackBerry's victory.
    Attachment 149202
    I do like his "CrackBerry" necktie.

Just wish it was tied a lot tighter.
    04-08-13 10:01 AM
    A month?

I have lots to show for it in 7 months. Do you look at Morgan8's charts? The SP is on a 30 degree slope increase in last 6-7 months.

Maybe Day-Trading would work better for you?
    MoolahMitch and m0de25 like this.
    04-08-13 10:06 AM
    Slowly climbing on TSX back over 15, hope it keeps up
    04-08-13 10:08 AM
    Maybe true. But the result must means something. BlackBerry people are more organized, or more passonate, or more in touched, or more vocal, or more tech savvy, or more disperate, or more....?
    Whatever the reasons are, the result show BlackBerry has significant support.
    BB has a brand new device out while the Apple people are having to make due with the old iPhone 5! New hardware will always "spark" lots of interest. Apple people do not need to be "rallied"!
    04-08-13 10:10 AM
    A good summary / guidance

too-soon-call-blackberry-failure-Jackson
    04-08-13 10:16 AM
    BB has a brand new device out while the Apple people are having to make due with the old iPhone 5! New hardware will always "spark" lots of interest. Apple people do not need to be "rallied"!
    As fast as technology is advancing today, we should see some incredible releases in the near future. Not just with BB but with all electronics. I almost feel sorry for developers, as soon as they release a product there's already new technology found. Pretty interesting for the consumer. Still want my Q10 and new BB tablet (may not happen).
    04-08-13 10:18 AM
    Yup. Here it is if you can stomach watching it.

You Voted! BlackBerry Crushed Apple
    so what was he saying? BB only won because they had more votes? anybody can win like that......i guess there is a lesson there,
    that is how voting works.....hilarious...
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-08-13 10:44 AM
    Interesting news today with rumors floating around that Google are looking to purchase WhatsApp for around $1bn, it would give them a significant foot into the cross platform to combine with their Google+, Google Talk, Google Voice offerings. Also, gives more credence to their rumored 'Babel' messaging service that's meant to be coming.
    04-08-13 10:48 AM
    We have heard it before, this is most likely a binary outcome. Either bb10 is a flop and the company ends up getting sold or breaking up or it is a success and the company starts to take back market share.

You can see why there is so much short interest (people betting on the "0"outcome). I would say to the outsider it is easy to see how people may still not believe BB may be able to turn the ship around. The brand has lost a lot of mind share, especially in the US.

What it boils down to though is: do you believe bb10 will succeed or not?

I dont expect them to become the next ios or android, but i think their product is useful enough that they will control the market of the people "who do" and on that basis they should be profitable and take back a decent enough market share to be relevant. Anyone looking for crazy returns in a month or so will most likely be disappointed. I think now is the time to put money in here and wait until sometime early next year before you look at taking it out again.

All things being held equal with the industry, i personally plan on topping up my stock at a good price here over the next 2 - 3 years, with a maximum horizon of 4 years. Having said that i still watch the stock every day (although the lower volatility is making it easier for me to kick this habit )
    04-08-13 10:58 AM
    It's on BGR and Yahoo News!!
    BlackBerry Q10: Chinese government reportedly orders 2 million units | BGR

The media has officially reach an unprecedented level of stupidity.
    04-08-13 11:07 AM
    It's on BGR and Yahoo News!!
    BlackBerry Q10: Chinese government reportedly orders 2 million units | BGR

The media has officially reach an unprecedented level of stupidity.
    LOL.... I was just reading that and was going to post but you beat me to it. It's incredible how little editing or research goes into what get's on to these sites.
    04-08-13 11:10 AM
113,256 ... 618619620621622 ...