Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Here's a simple chart for you:

Attachment 149020

Looks like we are really just moving sideways until we get some news on Q10. These delays certainly hurt the rally, but it might end this week with our first major move here. . If we are basing in here, the rally could be a large one coming out of that consolidation. Limited downside anyway you look at it.

Be sure to catch CNBC's reason for why BlackBerry beat out 14 great American companies and that big one Apple?? .... or something let that, should be an interesting spin on that win!
    What is CNBC??
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-08-13 02:58 AM
    HEY! Whos ready for a great day of Stock fluctuations???! I am! Im also hyped up on about 12 cups of coffee since Ive been at work since 3pm yesterday and its 4am haha. LOVE IT. Now if only BBRY could get in some Overtime style prices!
    Charles Martin1, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    04-08-13 03:02 AM
    Hi StockBerrians !
    Maybe you wonder where I've been the last couple of weeks - or not !
    Well I've been very busy with my business and had to focus, that's the main point (I'm not as good as BB10 with multitasking !)
    But, I must say also that after the 28th, I've been confident enough to forget the stock "variation" for a while, ups and downs being under a +/- 3% range at the end of the days, and this, IMHO means nothing right now.

My opinion is that the plan is still on rails and is performing pretty well. I think there might be some kind of average figures in U.S, nothing spectacular; no glory, no pain. I feel comfortable with the stock quietly moving around $15 (I'm $13.5 avg) and I believe it won't move much until after the Q10 global launch. That is the check point I'm waiting for, unless some major news hit the street.
    Q10 is the real "make or break" criteria.
    I will follow (as far as possible) one figure - besides the overall sales figures - witch is the proportion of loyalists buying the Q10. I've been amazed by the 55% Z10 non former BB buyers one, but it has a down side: "only" 450.000 BB buyers for Z10 is a average number (even if by itself it beats the bearish sales prevision). So I'm waiting for a tsunamistic sales figures with the Q10, powered by loyal BB and die-hard keyboard users.
    I've been questioning around various profiles friends. All had a *wow* when I exhibited my Z10, no matter what device they hold. But most of current BB owners clearly stated the following "man, I won't quit the physical keyboard : that the only reason I'm still sporting a BB right now for work".
    I believe this will be ok, I'm still trusty and confident and more long than ever.

One of my professional investor friend (drives a fund) also aknowledged my advice not to short the stock was accurate right now and he asked his board to exit this ASAP and eventually get a bullish strategy now (but they did take piles of cash by shorting until now).

So, that's it ... let's wait for late April/May and in the meantime ... stay calm and SELL LIKE H3LL (the devices ! not shares !!!)

P.S: I'm still reading !!!
    04-08-13 03:18 AM
    Based on what QE did to equities in the US, Japanese equities look very attractive right now.

If BBRY starts tracking sideways for much longer I think I may reduce my position a little until things pick up.
    I have been short the Yen since December. The weakening Yen is proving to be a boon for the Japanese exporters as they can now benefit from more favourable exchange rates.
    04-08-13 03:40 AM
    Hello everyone.

Just back from holidays! Went to Scotland to attend a wedding. I know brides dream of a white wedding but I bet the bride at the wedding didn't envisage as white a wedding as it turned out. Scotland was so cold however it is visually stunning in the snow.

While at the wedding, mingling with the guests, I showed photos of my children on the 9900 to old friends. One woman saw the pics and turned to her partner and said "The BlackBerry has a better camera than the iphone"!!! You should have seen his reaction! I said that the new BlackBerry phones have got really good cameras, comparable with other leading smartphones on the market. I saw that he had a work issued 9000 and mentioned that the new Blackberry phones are out with the keyboard phone to be released shortly. Turned out that he works for an European investment bank based in London and is looking forward to trying out the Q10 as are lots of his colleagues.

The ER was really good! I noticed that the SP fell by less than 1% following the results. That shows the bulls are here and getting stronger. Even the analysts who have sell ratings on BBRY have upgraded their TP to around $12-13. I think this is the baseline of the stock and I think we need catalysts such as release dates of the Q10 and word from BBRY themselves on the pre-order figures for the Q10 as well to move the SP higher.

I trebled my BBRY holdings last Monday. Feeling good about the BBRY brand!
    04-08-13 04:10 AM
    Chinese Government Rumored To Have Placed 2 Million Blackberry Q10 Orders | Ubergizmo

If it turns out that this is true, we will see a rally today.
    04-08-13 04:31 AM
    Chinese Government Rumored To Have Placed 2 Million Blackberry Q10 Orders | Ubergizmo

Lol..

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 04:45 AM

Nope, there is 0% chance that it is true. The rumour starter made it pretty obvious that it was fake (see the name of the purchasing company and the Chinese provinces), but some sites don't seem to vet stories at all.
    04-08-13 04:47 AM
    What is CNBC??
    A right wing moron group that pretends to give good advice on trading...lol
    04-08-13 05:09 AM

Someone actually reprinted this? Wow. I guess the company name was referring to the author here.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and MoolahMitch like this.
    04-08-13 05:10 AM
    I have been short the Yen since December. The weakening Yen is proving to be a boon for the Japanese exporters as they can now benefit from more favourable exchange rates.
    Yip. I'm lapping it up. This currency war is a sure win for equities and when they realize it was a terrible idea then we get to make a fortune in precious metals.
    04-08-13 05:14 AM
    There's a lot of fairly negative news out there today for BBRY. It'd sure be nice to see something positive or we'll slowly sink some more this week.
    04-08-13 05:44 AM
    There's a lot of fairly negative news out there today for BBRY. It'd sure be nice to see something positive or we'll slowly sink some more this week.
    I don't think that there will be an end to this until after the next couple of solid quarters and the shorts have covered.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-08-13 05:47 AM
    I don't think that there will be an end to this until after the next couple of solid quarters and the shorts have covered.

Posted via CB10

Yip, I think I'll go ahead and reduce my position in BBRY until things start moving. It seems that there's going to be better deals coming anyway as this SP sails on down.
    04-08-13 06:06 AM
    Some news for today :1.
    - The 1 year est target on Nasdaq is now $11 (from $10 last time I noticed it)
    - Our score is now down to 63.82% (from 63.90%): lol, looks like some shorts are around ?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    04-08-13 06:08 AM
    04-08-13 06:21 AM
    Well we're up in PM. I know this really means nothing on the day but it's still nice to see green

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-08-13 06:58 AM
    What just happened? It jumped to $15.20 in PM.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-08-13 07:42 AM
    What just happened? It jumped to $15.20 in PM.
    Where's Gregg? I have a feeling he will want to know this lol
    04-08-13 07:45 AM
    Found this in the Calgary Herald. Not bad.

After one month with the BlackBerry Z10, a verdict

By Gadjo Cardenas Sevilla, WhatsYourTech.ca April 7, 2013

BlackBerry recently announced that it is back in black and profitable again with a $ 2.7 billion revenue and a net profit of $98 million for the previous quarter. A big reason for this resurgence is the BlackBerry Z10, which I have been using for the past month.

Built from the ground up for BlackBerry OS 10, the Z10 leapfrogs all previous BlackBerry smartphones in terms of specs and functionality.

Minimalist and low-key design in in play here with no home button because the Z10 is gesture based and swiping and pinching from the bezel will make it possible to navigate and mange apps and features.

The BlackBerry Z10 is the best BlackBerry smartphone I've ever used and has the smartest software QWERTY keyboard and predictive text feature on any touchscreen device, bar none.

The software learns your common words, adjusts for common and repeated mistakes plus is smart enough to suggest the next word and phrase. The Z10 will put the most likely next word near the letter you are likely to press next. Simply swipe up and the word flies up to the message you are typing. Going back to my other smartphone, I really missed the predictive typing genius of the Z10.

In terms of specs, The Z10's processor, RAM and LTE capability is almost identical to the Samsung Galaxy S3 so it is a 2013 handset with 2012 specs but in terms of software, a lot of touches and features within BlackBerry 10 are game changing and innovative.

TimeShift is another notable feature that shoots a burst of photos to catch the perfect portrait even if there are multiple subjects in the picture. Simply rotate back and forth to get the best shot and then the program will merge the photo.

Flow is the user interface of BlackBerry 10; the OS is designed around efficiency and quick access to critical applications such as email and messaging. Flow makes it easy to move from application to application with up to eight simultaneous open apps available on the home screen.

Flow showcases the full power of multitasking and while limited to eight open apps at a time, enables the quick and lag free transition from one open application to another.

There's a natural look and feel to Flow and once users familiarize themselves with how things move around, they can navigate the system very quickly.

The Hub integrates all your messaging, text, calling and social media accounts into one repository, which is always running in the background. Think of it as a personal assistant that triages your incoming messages and relocates them in an easy to digest from.

This means you can always access your multiple messaging accounts without having to open the applications they belong to.

Since it links all this information, the Hub can even update you on the LinkedIn status of persons you are meeting with, it is a good way to keep current on the people we most need to keep up with.

While the BlackBerry Z10 is an outstanding smartphone with all the ingredients for success, it doesn't exactly change the paradigm or leapfrog the competition in any way. It is a 'good enough' competitor right now but even with 100,000 apps, few of the top tier apps and games from competing platforms are available.

So, the BlackBerry Z10 is an awesome device but it still has some serious catching up to do.

04-08-13 07:45 AM
    Where's Gregg? I have a feeling he will want to know this lol
    I have been here for hours.

Today will be a good day for BBRY!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-08-13 07:49 AM
    Poor Joe Kernan on CNBC this morning, choking on his crow trying to understand how BBRY could have possibly slammed Apple in the finals. "You know.....what we didn't count on.....those nuts. Those Crackberry freaks".

We have been rebranded!!! Yay!
    04-08-13 07:52 AM
    Poor Joe Kernan on CNBC this morning, choking on his crow trying to understand how BBRY could have possibly slammed Apple in the finals. "You know.....what we didn't count on.....those nuts. Those Crackberry freaks".

We have been rebranded!!! Yay!
    Haha...did he really say that?
    04-08-13 08:00 AM
    Oh dear! This was on my newswire - "Market talk of large order for new BlackBerry Q10 units from the Chinese government - Unconfirmed".

This is what caused the spike - day traders are going to have fun shorting the stock today!!

Or, *is it true?*
    04-08-13 08:01 AM
    Haha...did he really say that?
    Yup. Here it is if you can stomach watching it.

You Voted! BlackBerry Crushed Apple
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    04-08-13 08:03 AM
113,256 ... 616617618619620 ...