View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I've gotta say, I'm really enjoying the mindshare battle between Windows and BlackBerry.

Smartphone Madness 2013 Finals: Nokia Lumia 920 vs. BlackBerry Z10

We're slowly closing the gap, but it definitely is closing. The 920 just finished its battle with the HTC One when the new contest started, so their early lead is due to their troops already being mobilized. But their lead has been dropping steadily for the last little while. It'll be interesting to see how the momentum keeps up on Sunday.

Between this and the CNBC poll, that's a lot of social media pressure.
    Gonna go vote with all our household devices.

Powered by QNX
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-06-13 11:29 PM
    Okay, lawn all taken care of and ready to play around with my 9930 some more. I can't believe I didn't think about it earlier but while loading my prehistoric ipod2 with more 70s hits, I realized I had Slacker radio on my phone and a JVC DVD stereo in my truck. I can stream through Slacker radio to my truck stereo free. It kicks too. Sometimes I have to laugh at myself. Okay, hope everybody else is doing something related to BB today? I'm going swimming now with my 9930 blue toothed to my backyard stereo.
    BlackBerry party at your place? I'm sick of this Canadian cold. Cheers!

Powered by QNX
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    04-06-13 11:30 PM
    What reboots are you talking about...work mine to extreme limits and this thing does not crash, stop or complain...great decice.

Posted via CB10
    after more than 2.000 posts, you know the forum much better than me - you will find the reboot threads very easily...
    04-07-13 04:33 AM
    Mamm, you need more fibre in your diet.

Did you make that post with your iPaid?
    oh no bungaboy, I didn't expect that this little truth annoys you so much, that you have to become personal on that level...

Chris
    04-07-13 04:36 AM
    No...your wrong:

You

Now I feel better
    great for you if you use the PB or your car as a PHONE - did somebody answer your calls? ;-)

Chris
    04-07-13 04:39 AM
    What's all the sniping about?

This is a thread created to discuss things related to our investing in BBRY.

If it's trolling or sniping you want, then I'm sure that there's somebody in CB that will assist in helping you find the exit.
    cjcampbell, q649 and OMGitworks like this.
    04-07-13 05:11 AM
    Still down 4700. Contact me on all. Get the word out
    I've gotta say, I'm really enjoying the mindshare battle between Windows and BlackBerry.

Smartphone Madness 2013 Finals: Nokia Lumia 920 vs. BlackBerry Z10

We're slowly closing the gap, but it definitely is closing. The 920 just finished its battle with the HTC One when the new contest started, so their early lead is due to their troops already being mobilized. But their lead has been dropping steadily for the last little while. It'll be interesting to see how the momentum keeps up on Sunday.

Between this and the CNBC poll, that's a lot of social media pressure.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-07-13 05:52 AM
    I get at least one freeze up and reboot a day. 2 times today just while trying to text. No sideloaded apps just plain vanilla use. . It kinda sucks and makes me unhappy. Hopefully there is a software fix soon. If not, I will return it. It's a real issue.
    It will get ironed out but give it time. It's all new after all. Not version 7 or anything like ios and droid
    04-07-13 06:11 AM
    It will get ironed out but give it time. It's all new after all. Not version 7 or anything like ios and droid
    Knock on wood, no issues on my Z10 yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:17 AM
    I've got to admit that our Z10s are problem free. We basically run em all day and plug em in at night. No reboots, nothing and we have all kinds of apps (ported and BB 10) installed. Our S3s crashed routinely

Perhaps some batches have problems...they had better get under that QA issue if there is one
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 04-07-13 at 06:55 AM.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    04-07-13 06:44 AM
    04-07-13 07:15 AM
    I get at least one freeze up and reboot a day. 2 times today just while trying to text. No sideloaded apps just plain vanilla use. . It kinda sucks and makes me unhappy. Hopefully there is a software fix soon. If not, I will return it. It's a real issue.
    I have had my Z10 since launch day on February 5th. Have never had a re-boot or any other malfunction. My carrier is Bell. Got the update on March 7th and a smaller one just recently.

No real issues here.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-07-13 07:23 AM
    Pretty hefty numbers. Good source of income for the "bottom feeders".

Google Says 'Asymmetric Warfare' Against 'Trolls' Costs $30 Billion A Year

Jim Edwards|Apr. 6, 2013, 8:50 AM

These are expensive trolls.

Google — along with Blackberry and other tech companies — has asked the FTC to pay greater attention to patent trolls, who embroil companies in expensive litigation over bogus claims on the ownership of new technologies.

Patent trolls, or "patent assertion entities," cost U.S. companies $30 billion a year in "direct costs" for fighting off legal challenges from companies that don't make anything but simply want to be paid to stop suing, Google wrote on its public policy blog.

Their latest tactic is "asymmetric warfare," in which a company that possesses legitimate patents may split them up and sell them to troll companies, who then sue others for using them on multiple fronts, even though the trolls have no interest in actually manufacturing any of the patented products.

Using unusually robust language, Google described patent litigation as a war against trolls that would require "nuclear deterrence" to end it:

This trend has been referred to as “patent privateering”: a company sells patents to trolls with the goal of waging asymmetric warfare against its competitors.

... It also undermines incentives for companies to work together towards “patent peace” through good-faith negotiation and cross-licensing. If cross-licensing is nuclear deterrence for patents, then privateering has the opposite effect, facilitating patent proliferation and aggression.

About 62 percent of all patent litigation comes from trolls, Google said, using this chart to illustrate how prevalent trolls have become in the courts:
    04-07-13 07:47 AM
    after more than 2.000 posts, you know the forum much better than me - you will find the reboot threads very easily...
    I don't have the issue so why look...I notice you don't own one so why are you contributing to something you know nothing about?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 04-07-13 at 08:54 AM.
    bungaboy and dusdal like this.
    04-07-13 08:02 AM
    BB getting some love. LoL

HOWE ROOM: MLA, BlackBerry not easily parted

April 7, 2013 - 6:46am By DAVID JACKSON Provincial Reporter | The Howe Room Halifax Herald.

Yarmouth MLA Zach Churchill thinks the rules on electronic devices should be changed "so that we all can just continue to do our jobs with our constituents while we’re sitting in the legislature.” (ERIC WYNNE / Staff/ File)

Zach Churchill, BlackBerry outlaw.

The Yarmouth MLA got caught using his smartphone during question period Thursday, a no-no that House Speaker Gordie Gosse has warned members about.

“Sergeant-at-arms, would you remove the BlackBerry from the member for Yarmouth, please?” said Gosse.

Churchill tried to step outside the chamber to finish his email to his constituency assistant, but the long arm of legislature law wouldn’t allow it.

“No, you’ll hand it over to the sergeant-at-arms and you’ll pick it up after question period. I’ve warned the members of this Assembly for over a year now,” ordered Gosse.

The Liberal complied, but said later that rules in the House need to move into the 21st century.

“I’m from a generation that is always connected to the public, to the Internet, to everyone,” said the 28-year-old. “The rules that are in place are silly and need to be updated so that we all can just continue to do our jobs with our constituents while we’re sitting in the legislature.”

It’s believed that former Tory cabinet minister Mark Parent was the last MLA to have action taken against him for an electronic device violation. That happened in April 2007.

After multiple warnings against the use of a personal digital assistant, then-Speaker Cecil Clarke banned Parent from using the device in the chamber for the rest of the sitting.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-07-13 08:23 AM
    I have had my Z10 since launch day on February 5th. Have never had a re-boot or any other malfunction. My carrier is Bell. Got the update on March 7th and a smaller one just recently.

No real issues here.
    I'm with Telus and got my phone Feb. 5 as well and NEVER had to re-boot it or had any other issues. I know a few other with the Z10 and no one has had to reboot theirs. Alot of trolls come to CB to spread false and fake issues. That's not to say that the odd phone isn't having problems since mass production is never perfect. There is a reason why NASA uses QNX in the space shuttle and space station. It's why QNX is used on speed trains and the list goes on and on. You will never see NASA use the unstable and outdated ios or android OS. Why is that trolls?
    04-07-13 10:03 AM
    Zenyatta Ventures Ltd (ZENYF)-(ZEN) Zenyatta - Zenyatta Ventures Ltd; Phase II Drill Program Commences at Albany Project, north-eastern Ontario

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.
    Volume is decent. Im not an expert at all but I do look at some indicators. If I were looking into buying this stock I might wait a few days to see what happens.

From the looks of it, it had a nice climb and the a NICE breakout. To me it looks like it's wanting to come down abit. But I think DMI is losing some steam. The MACD doesn't look great right now either.

I think personally at this moment in time I would not buy this stock at the current price as to me I feel like it's about to go on a down trend. I COULD BE WRONG though as im not a professional. Just sitting from home looking at a few technical charts im not sure i would want to go into this stock right now. In a week it might change.
    sparkaction likes this.
    04-07-13 10:09 AM
    BlackBerry’s time may be ripe in iPhone battle.

BlackBerry
    04-07-13 10:30 AM
    A decent article.

Does BlackBerry have a future?

Does BlackBerry have a future?
    04-07-13 10:33 AM
    I'm with Telus and got my phone Feb. 5 as well and NEVER had to re-boot it or had any other issues. I know a few other with the Z10 and no one has had to reboot theirs. Alot of trolls come to CB to spread false and fake issues. That's not to say that the odd phone isn't having problems since mass production is never perfect. There is a reason why NASA uses QNX in the space shuttle and space station. It's why QNX is used on speed trains and the list goes on and on. You will never see NASA use the unstable and outdated ios or android OS. Why is that trolls?
    You may consider me a troll if you'd like, I think I have been around here long enough and with enough decent posts not to be one, but will leave that for you decide. I am telling you it happens and annoyingly often. No need to make it up. I wish it wasn't happening. 2x in a few hours yesterday while trying to reply to s a simple text. Why do you assume the z10 is perfect and that there aren't honest issues? There are plenty of threads on CB about it, many posts by people with 100's of posts. It could be a vast conspiracy against BBRY, but I doubt it. Unfortunately I am on Verizon. Traditionally they are very slow to push updates.
    La Emperor likes this.
    04-07-13 11:18 AM
    Hope they fix it for you...perhaps an exchange is in order?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:37 AM
    Hope they fix it for you...perhaps an exchange is in order?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I think it could be a VZW or SD card issue that will get sorted out by BB. If I was the only one, I would definitely exchange it, but I am guessing it will get sorted out in the next software update. The reboot time is pretty quick (esp compared to the 9650) and the hassle of reconfiguring and setting up the new phone I would get outweighs the hassle for now.
    04-07-13 11:40 AM
    I can almost guarantee it's a bad batch of hardware component/s ( a failure or related to heat dissipation ) from a certain supplier causing grief. If I can guess it's memory related.

I doubt it's at the OS level, otherwise we'll see millions of complaints out there from day one.

This is normal in a device launch. New cars (so many, pretty much every brand ), planes ( 787), and many types of electronic devices go though this phase. Recalls and upgrades are part of the device life. As an example, remember the battery fiasco from Boeing not too long ago.

You'll see issues all the time however, the important thing is they are not catastrophic ( blows up, catches fire ) and does not injure someone. The second important thing is for BB to act on it quickly, and I'm pretty damn sure they're investigating on this relentlessly. If not I think you know the answer.

Even the vaunted VXworks ( QNX's evil twin ) I've seen reboot on some hardware related issue.

So, I have no fear in the device reboot as they will be corrected asap. Lets keep the flow of good info coming.

You may consider me a troll if you'd like, I think I have been around here long enough and with enough decent posts not to be one, but will leave that for you decide. I am telling you it happens and annoyingly often. No need to make it up. I wish it wasn't happening. 2x in a few hours yesterday while trying to reply to s a simple text. Why do you assume the z10 is perfect and that there aren't honest issues? There are plenty of threads on CB about it, many posts by people with 100's of posts. It could be a vast conspiracy against BBRY, but I doubt it. Unfortunately I am on Verizon. Traditionally they are very slow to push updates.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    04-07-13 11:54 AM
    I think you should actually go exchange it, like others have said it could be hardware issue. Just sounds very unusual that your experiencing problems daily, had my z10 since release and i have only pulled the battery once. :S hope you get it fixed!

Thanks, I think it could be a VZW or SD card issue that will get sorted out by BB. If I was the only one, I would definitely exchange it, but I am guessing it will get sorted out in the next software update. The reboot time is pretty quick (esp compared to the 9650) and the hassle of reconfiguring and setting up the new phone I would get outweighs the hassle for now.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    04-07-13 12:15 PM
    I just read that Mike L is going to keep all his BlackBerry shares...that will help support the price:

http://blackberryappgenerator.com/mi...27_510641&wl=9

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    04-07-13 12:25 PM
113,256 ... 614615616617618 ...